Elevating B2B Brands

B2B Branding | Marketing | Creative

Working exclusively with B2B clients, Spire builds its client’s brand assets to be targeted, innovative, relevant and cost-effective. Spire Agency’s ultimate goal is to elevate B2B client brands; creating positive and memorable interactions between the brand and its audiences.

2005
Addison, TX
  • Spire Agency
    5040 Addison Circle, Suite 5757
    Addison, TX 75001
  • Spire Agency
    1250 Capital of Texas Highway South, Building 3, Suite 400
    Austin, TX 78746

Airbus Helicopters  I  Texas Capital Bank  I  ACAP Health  I  Tenet Healthcare  I  F-Wave  I  Naturally Slim  I  Howard, LLP  I  Merge Works I  Apexus I  Younicos

Howard

By 2013, Howard, LLP had become one of the most respected CPA firms in the state (for those in the know). Their challenge, however, was that they were not widely recognized outside of their core clients and their referral business.

Spire conducted extensive competitive research, held strategy workshops, and developed a sound messaging and positioning platform. It was recommended that the firm change their name to Howard, LLP (from Howard & Co.) to create the feel of a larger firm and better position themselves among competitors.

The logo was refined to modernize the legacy mark. The visual identity and all owned media channels underwent a complete overhaul. The website was redesigned and programmed as a responsive site for a better desktop and mobile user experience.

The foundation is now in place for consistent messaging that will build awareness and drive affinity for the brand for years to come.

Texas Capital Bank

Spire first began its relationship with Texas Capital Bank in 2005 and has – as its agency of record – supported Texas Capital Bank through every phase of its impressive growth. Over the years, Spire has expanded the bank’s brand identity; designed its website, trade show booths and all marketing collateral; and provided planning and management for many impactful events. In the wake of the recent economic downturn that led to widespread public distrust throughout the banking industry, Spire created a new ad campaign featuring customer success stories. These ads – which run locally in each of the bank’s five markets as well as in national publications such as The Wall Street Journal – have expanded the bank’s visibility and showcased its strength and stability in a volatile market, further cementing its position as one of the nation’s fastest growing banks.

ACAP Health

Spire Agency was tasked to expand on the new ACAP Health brand to bring it to life.  Through internal and external branding efforts, Spire Agency created and launched a new website, business cards, sales collateral, office branding and promotional products.

Brand Turnaround for Venture-Backed Companies

“They listen well, learn to grasp the unique needs of your company, and translate that into a specific outcome.”

Mar. 2011 - Mar. 2017

Spire Agency rebranded two struggling technology companies. They created new logos and marketing materials, developed trade show strategy, and helped with product launches.

New York City, New York
Stephen Prince
Former CEO, Younicos

Every member of their team is highly experienced and executes ideas well. They take a comprehensive approach to learning businesses and efficiently generate creative branding and marketing plans. One product they managed went from relative obscurity to earning $1 million per month in sales.

I worked with Spire Agency as the former CEO of two companies: OptiSense Network and Younicos. I’m a turnaround CEO, which means that I get brought in to provide leadership when venture-backed companies run into trouble and need help properly commercializing their technologies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Spire Agency?

In both cases, we hired them to resolve a branding issue.

With OptiSense, which is based in the U.S., we didn’t have an established brand. The logo was very dated and we didn’t even understand how to product-tie and market our solution in the marketplace. Spire Agency completely rebranded for us. They also helped with reproductization and provided a comprehensive go-to-market strategy, which included marketing materials, trade show booths, and customer communication.

In the case of Younicos, they were a Berlin-based asset we’d acquired and we were struggling with how to product-tie a new offering, as well as with how to brand it and get it to market. The product was related to energy storage, which was a relatively new topic and unfamiliar to many industrial customers. Spire helped us helped us with branding, marketing, and the launch of that product.

We worked with anywhere from three to six people at various points in each project.

How did you come to work with Spire Agency?

One of my former colleagues had known the team at Spire since the company formed. He introduced me to Kimberly Tyner, their owner, who is impressive in her creativity and ability to execute ideas. Spire didn’t have the biggest name or reputation, but meeting with Kimberly gave me full confidence in their capabilities.

I’m not entirely sure, but it was at least $200,000.

I worked with them across both companies from March 2011 to March 2017.

After the rebranding at OptiSense, we went from producing nothing commercially to selling about $1 million of product per month within about two and a half years. This was in large part because Spire worked with us on a new branding and trade booth strategy. They helped us purchase a premium booth so we didn’t have to rent a generic one and they gave us more nuanced marketing materials. After that, our booth was 100% booked for four days at our next trade show, resulting in 200 solid leads. It started a massive increase in presence for us.

How did Spire Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They assigned an account manager for us who handled communication and project coordination. He integrated smoothly with our team, kept us informed, and handed off different aspects of the work to his team as needed. All of our project milestones were met on time and they always invested an appropriate level of effort. They were also accurate and transparent with billing, so there were never any surprise costs.

I felt like I was their only client even though I knew I wasn’t. Their customer engagement was excellent. They listen well, learn to grasp the unique needs of your company, and translate that into a specific outcome. It’s easy for contractors to get stuck in trying to learn your mission or values, but Spire is extremely efficient with this process. They also use customer feedback to hone the messaging until they create something that’s unique and makes people excited.

I think this level of quality is due to the fact that they’re all highly specialized, capable people. Whether we needed graphic design, a company mission and profile, or someone to tease out a value proposition, everyone at the company was extremely experienced and capable.

As their business continues to grow, I hope they can maintain their strong customer service.

Overall Score They’re fair in their rates, their output is excellent, and our business results always exceeded my expectations.
    If anything, I was challenged to keep up. They were very proactive about keeping up with timelines.
    They use a single rate, which is reasonable, but it’s a bit frustrating.
    They’re so good at what they do that you don’t end up with much throwaway content.
    Anyone can contact me and ask for specifics. They’re the first company I call for branding issues.

Branding for CPA Firm

“I’ve done several brand relaunches, even with huge firms, and this was one of the easiest.”

July 2013 - Ongoing

Operating within a short timeframe, Spire helped completely transform a CPA firm in a rebranding effort. They overhauled digital and print assets, and justified budgetary structuring to leadership.

Sarah Parks
Development Manager, Howard, LLP

The rebrand garnered attention for an important award, which also boosted brand awareness. Qualified leads grew substantially, and a single new client recouped the entire investment. Spire provided a personal touch, and is willing to revisit ideas years later.

I’m the development manager for Howard, one of the largest CPA firms in North Texas. I oversee marketing our brand and recruitment initiatives.

What challenge were you trying to address with Spire Agency?

I came onboard to revamp our whole marketing image. I needed a marketing brand firm to develop our social media presence, rebuild our brand image from scratch, and increase brand awareness and our position in the marketplace.

They conducted extensive research of our competition, and brought that back to our senior leadership team for strategy workshops. They started from the ground up to develop true messaging and positioning. We needed to change our name, our logo, and put ourselves in a better position for our clients and team members. They overhauled all of that, along with any client-facing elements, including our whole website.

We did our own social media work internally, but they helped us as we recreated our image on those platforms. They helped with messaging, and our business cards, letterhead, stationary, and every design aspect. They were involved in digital promo items, invoices, software, telephone messaging, and signature blocks. We had very little time to go live and essentially transform into a different firm.

Luckily, I’ve done many of these brand changes, and knew where I wanted to go. We were able to work with their team, who understood the big picture and could take everything and execute it. They let us do some of the work on our side, which let us reassign more of our budget to the creative side.

We had one main point of contact who delegated all their work on their side.

How did you come to work with Spire Agency?

Our founder attended a photo shoot for one of our clients years ago. He met Spire there and got their business card. He had it in his desk for years, and gave it to me to call them when I came on and started the rebranding. We were considering two other firms, but they weren’t the right fit. Spire gave the best presentation, and were the surest they could finish the brand launch by our hard date in November 2013.

Our annual cost varies, based upon what projects we assign to them. The initial investment was $125,000, and our current total investment is over $200,000.

I joined the company in July 2013, and we started working together around that time. We launched the rebrand that November. We still work together on other projects.

After the relaunch, we were a finalist for the American Marketing Association’s Corporate Rebrand of the Year award. That was huge, and really boosted brand awareness. We’re now able to take in applications through the site, and the number of qualified leads went up amazingly within the first year. Recruiting applications and contact forms both went up, and one new client that year paid for our investment in the engagement.

How did Spire Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve done several brand relaunches, even with huge firms, and this was one of the easiest I’ve done in terms of having one contact at the agency. Regardless of my need, I could always go to my one main contact, which made the process super easy. We had such a tight deadline, and this really helped.

They’re personal. Sometimes they have great ideas that don’t fit our firm yet, so they adjust. They keep brainstorming and, five years later, we’re coming back to some of their creative touchpoints for bigger campaigns. They don’t charge me for every little consulting email or phone call, and they’re able to run through things quickly and move on.

No, there’s nothing I’d improve. I recommend them highly, and still do work with them both personally and professionally.

Be open to their ideas and suggestions. You might need to compromise to fit your budget, but they will work with you on that. They’ll also help you push ideas internally to restructure your budget spending. They can provide mockups to compare what you want with what fits in the budget, and make recommendations for the long haul.

Overall Score I would love to do all of this again.
    We had a very tight timeline, working all the way up to the night we went live. Their team put in the effort, and we’re completely satisfied.
    Agencies can be a little expensive in terms of upfront cost, but we got an amazing value from the whole experience.
    The quality was amazing, and surpassed everything I imagined. I’m still using their original designs five years later; it’s stayed trendy.
    I’m always recommending them, for projects of any size. What they did for us was amazing.

Branding for Roofing Company

“[T]hey’re willing to push the envelope with their creative work.”

June 2016 - Ongoing

Spire Agency helped a supplies firm define their corporate identity. They provided a positioning statement, a brand strategy, product names, a website, and collateral for sales and trade shows.

Fort Worth, Texas
CEO, Building Materials Company

Although the materials had not yet been presented to the public, they had an enthusiastic reception at industry trade shows. Spire Agency earned praise for their bold creativity, attention to detail, and personalized approach. Their small size allowed them to dedicate many resources to the project.

I’m the president and CEO of a startup in the building materials space, specifically focused on roofing. We are currently developing and preparing to launch a new style of synthetic roofing shingle. We’ll start up our business servicing the markets near to us, then grow to a national scale as quickly as possible.

What challenge were you trying to address with Spire Agency?

We were looking to begin the process of creating our brand identity. We had a lot of ideas about how we wanted to position ourselves, but we needed to condense them into a few coherent points. We would then use these to build our branding identity, and then start with marketing.

I have over 30 years of experience in this industry, and the VPs we have are also experienced. We needed Spire to make our ideas more concise so we could build our marketing campaign and sales approach around them.

One of the original deliverables was a positioning statement where they created a strategic brand platform document to be used as a guide for our work. They developed the product names, and augmented development in Exhibit for all of the associated parts and pieces. This included assets used in a tradeshow booth for the International Roofing Expo.

They also helped us get an initial website up, and they’re currently working on our permanent site, as well as sales collateral. They’ve helped us create some public relations work as well.

As a building materials business, we have to be able to present our product line and show samples to homeowners and contractors who install them. We’re doing our marketing in-house, but Spire is definitely aiding us in that process by building style guides and a consistent branding identity.

How did you come to work with Spire Agency?

I was searching for a smaller firm that was not necessarily experienced in building materials, but had done a contemporary and creative branding strategy before. I was also looking for someone in the Dallas or Ft. Worth area so we could have a close working relationship. Spire was one of the three firms we evaluated, and we ended up being very impressed with their previous work along with their thoughts about developing our brand.

We’ve spent about $350,000.

We started working together in June 2016, and the relationship is ongoing.

We haven’t commercialized ourselves yet, so we’re not currently active in the marketplace. However, the work Spire did for us in preparation for the International Roofing Expo was a huge success. The booth design, exhibit, and other various components were all excellent. Our stand was busy from start to finish every single day, and contractors were very excited to hear about our new product. We received consistent feedback that they liked the experience of our exhibit, which Spire contributed heavily to.

How did Spire Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re okay. I’m used to starting with a creative brief with past agencies, which pushes the team to move through the project. Spire is a bit loose when it comes to this area, but we wanted a smaller firm that we could personally engage, so a rigid process wasn’t necessary. This isn’t a negative trait of their company, but more just a part of their personality as a smaller firm.

We haven’t had issues with communication or deadlines. If they were a larger firm, I could see us having to chase deadlines a bit more aggressively.

They’re a very creative team, and they see ways to put sparkle and pizzazz on things that are typically presented in a more mundane fashion. I like their edginess and the fact that they’re willing to push the envelope with their creative work.

If they could implement a creative brief at the beginning of a project, that would be very helpful to the process.

Overall Score I’m hoping to make it a resounding 5 in the near future once we get our products in the marketplace.
    It’s part of not having a really rigorous process that they’re working off of.
    We’re not to the point yet where we can really measure the impact of their work. While I’m very pleased thus far, I can’t give them a 5 until we commercialize.
    The work they do is really good. Once we get aligned on what the target is, they hit it.
    I’m very willing to recommend them. They’re a solid team.

Agency of Record for Bank

"What Spire has created for us is a beautiful, well-received brand."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2002 - Ongoing

As the agency of record, Spire Agency takes on high-profile creative work and branding updates. The team's work includes website updates, print and digital design, and video production.

1,001 - 10,000 Employees

Senior VP of Corporate Marketing, Bank

Spire Agency has increased lead generation and helped close business deals. The team is dependable and communicative, and they make partners available when needed. Their sophisticated taste stands out and receives constant positive reactions.

I am the Head of Marketing and Communications for a regional bank specializing in middle-market business banking.

What challenge were you trying to address with Spire Agency?

Spire Agency has been the agency of record for the bank, and the beginning of the engagement preceded me. At the time they were brought on board, they acted as an almost entirely outsourced marketing team. The initial relationship was established around a branding effort in order to create brand standards, logos, etc., for the bank.

Now, Spire remains our agency of record. As we've grown, our needs have changed. We have made a decision to have more insourcing. We still depend on Spire heavily for branding efforts, and they specialize in print advertising, creative, digital, and copywriting. However, we have in-house writers who create our content pieces and an in-house creative team. However, overflow work and high-profile work still goes out to Spire.

If we need to create a new ad campaign, make a brand change, or update our brand strategy, we engage Spire. Essentially, they do the high-profile creative work for a campaign that is generated in-house.

Spire continues to work closely with us on our website. We host that on our servers, and we have a content management system where we self-serve quite a bit of content edits. However, any time there's a more major shift or change to our site, they continue to be pretty involved. For example, we recently made our Web site ADA compliant. That was a large project, and our new site's only been live for about one year. Spire was heavily involved in the design and creation of the new site. Now, one year later, we've been working with them closely on the launching the compliant site. That involves recording so that screen readers are able to navigate our site.

Fairly regularly, we need specialty advertisement, which could be a print ad or a digital ad creative done for a specialty group. We have a standard ad campaign that Spire created, but we'll go to them with a need to create something to promote to a specialty group or an industry publication.

We recently created an integrated marketing campaign with email and written content. Spire helped with the creative and laying out the written content. They also helped bring the content to life through short explainer videos.

They also recently traveled with us to Austin. We've been doing some client testimonial recordings on video. These videos are for posting

How did you come to work with Spire Agency?

They have been our agency of record for many years.

We have spent between $1,000,000 and $10,000,000 with them over the 15 years working together.

The engagement started in 2002, and the work is ongoing.

Our previous website was not a lead generation tool. Clients had no ability to interact with us via our website. We've now closed several business deals through the new website, which is great for our B2B environment.

What Spire has created for us is a beautiful, well-received brand. On our latest ad campaign, I hear either directly from a client or from a relationship manager who's heard from a client at least once a week about a positive reaction to the campaign.

How did Spire Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

Spire Agency is really dependable and very communicative. We have an account manager who is always reachable, and we have access to the partners if we need them. They tend to meet deadlines.

They're creative is unique. They have very sophisticated taste, and they know our company well. When we have large and important initiatives like a new ad campaign, there's a conversation and discussion of scope. However, a lot of times, their first draft is close to complete. They're great.

We don't use a project management tool, and the responsibility for that lies on our side as well as theirs. Spire is so much a part of our team that it's like working with a team member. As a result, we often exit conversations without talking about the timeline. They're left to prioritize the work. There have been a few times where something was handed off to their team without a discussion about its urgency, and we waited longer than longer than we wish.

We get great value, but it is at a high dollar, which is partly why we brought some work in-house.
    They are excellent in their craft. We are typically almost through the creative process after seeing their first draft.
    I've offered to do so a few times.

Advertising for Helicopter Company

"They're always available and I appreciate the thorough research that they've done."

June 2017 - Ongoing

Spire Agency improved a company's exposure and public image by developing promotional items, marketing collateral, print advertisements, and other marketing materials.

Grand Prairie, Texas
Marketing Content Manager, Helicopter Company

The marketing materials were hugely popular with customers and on social media, creating a polished public image and connections with local companies. Spire Agency impressed with their responsive communication, innovative marketing strategies, and fast turnaround times.

I'm a marketing manager at a commercial and military helicopter manufacturer. I mainly generate marketing content for digital and print.

What challenge were you trying to address with Spire Agency?

One of our key goals is to increase our exposure in our local metropolitan area. We have a partnership with an NFL team and through that, we have opportunities for events and promotions. I wanted to work with Spire to increase our level of professionalism and help promote our company through that partnership. We wanted to promote not only to the community but also to the VIP private business owner market. We are specifically looking at folks that may be interested in purchasing helicopters in the area to help with their local business travel.

They have developed some marketing collateral, materials and promotional items for us. We gave them an idea of what we needed, but it was very much a blank slate. They came to us with options for marketing elements to give us different ideas at different price levels.

They provided marketing brochures for the VIP market. For our partnership with the NFL team, we gave away a branded box with Ray-Ban sunglasses for folks taking demo rides in our helicopters. We're also in the middle of working on an in-suite promotion that will go to all of the suite owners within the NFL team’s stadium. Every suite owner will receive a co-branded gift from the NFL team and us. Finally, they created an ad for us that will go in the in the regular season program for the NFL team, as well as a nice envelope for tickets and lanyards to give to folks coming to the game with us.

How did you come to work with Spire Agency?

Our headquarters introduced Spire to us. They were highly recommended. We met with them and we were really impressed with their capabilities.

Probably around $75,000 up to this point.

We started working with them in June 2017. The work is ongoing.

The folks that received the Ray-Ban sunglasses were all wearing them at the event. There were some social media posts about the sunglasses. They definitely made an impact by helping raise our professionalism and getting some demo flights with some high net worth folks. Those folks were impressed by what we had to offer.

How did Spire Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

Excellent. We gave them some really tough deadlines and they always met them.

They're incredibly responsive. They're always available and I appreciate the thorough research that they've done to provide very unique marketing items that make us stand out in a way we've never been able to before. They've brought a whole new level of professionalism to our marketing and the way we can interact with our customers. We've raised our game because of them.

No, I think they do great. I highly recommend them.

We have always been able to meet deadlines and set up meetings.
    We don't usually spend money on this type of thing but we're definitely getting value out of it.

Branding for Health Company

"The creative work I get from Spire is pretty amazing."

Feb. 2015 - Ongoing

Spire Agency has supported rebranding efforts of an employee health and wellness program. Their work has included collateral for direct marketing campaigns, a main website, and several microsites.

Chief Experience Officer, ACAP Health

One of Spire’s direct mail campaigns has doubled the engagement of a prior effort and won an award from the Direct Marketing Association. The team takes a “test and learn” approach to find solutions that work. They consistently communicate and take ownership over their project timelines.

I work for ACAP Health, and we manage the Naturally Slim brand. I am the Chief Experience Officer, and my team's responsibility is customer experience, which includes B2B marketing, B2C marketing, and user experience of the program. Naturally Slim is actually a program that customers go through, so we manage everything from the experience in email, the digital experience, the physical experience of things that we mail them, etc.

What challenge were you trying to address with Spire Agency?

We first started working with Spire Agency on the overall branding for Naturally Slim. We needed to help to refresh the brand, including the website, marketing materials, user experience, and more. We completely revamped the entire brand for Naturally Slim.

At the time we did have some parts of a brand. I had just joined the company about six months before I hired Spire, and that was to revamp the brand and take our marketing efforts to the next level.

Spire built a new website completely from scratch, and they helped us architect web pages we needed, but also the look and the design of it.

We sell our health and wellness programs to companies to then be marketed to employees, so not only do we have the Naturally Slim site, but we also have microsites for employers so that they can market to their employees. That means Spire has helped us with the overall web site, those microsites, the marketing materials that they we communicate to the employers with, and the marketing materials that the employers then communicate to their employees with.

Once employees sign up to take the Naturally Slim program, they get a welcome kit in the mail that Spire helped us design. They also use the learning management system, and that user experience was delivered by Spire as well.

Before starting the work with Spire, we knew what some of the "reasons to believe" for our brand were, and Spire helped us develop a few different concepts for design based on that. Those concepts have been what we've used to drive all of our marketing since then.

Additional collateral has included direct mail. Last year, we actually won an award from the Direct Marketing Association for the best direct mail. That campaign was a three part series that they Spire for us.

Since they've worked on the Naturally Slim, Spire has also rebranded ACAP Health, the parent company.

How did you come to work with Spire Agency?

I was working with a PR firm, and they recommended Spire. I was looking an agency partner at the time, and I looked at several companies in a typical agency review process. I met with Spire and really liked what I saw and enjoyed the people.

We have spent less than $500,000 on their work.

We started working together in February 2015, and the work is ongoing.

We did a direct mail piece before Spire got involved with us, and then we looked at the piece that they built and that we won the award for. Between those two, Spire doubled the conversion rate from our original direct mail.

The creative work is great. We take a "test and learn" approach. We'll go try something, test it, analyze it, and figure out what works or see how we need to tweak it. Since we have so many clients and we're actually building things for these clients, we have lots of different opinions from people. So, we're constantly modifying and doing different things. Spire is great at the process, and I like it because it just makes us all more effective.

How did Spire Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They are great. They always keep me on top of what the status is. We meet every week to go through the list of the current projects and talk about what work might be upcoming. They probably keep me in line more than I keep them in line.

We have some spreadsheets that we use to keep everything organized.

The creative work I get from Spire is pretty amazing. I'm always very excited about what I can get from their team. I have some creative resources in house, but if the project is something I want good, strategic, and unique thinking work for, I approach Spire before even using some of my own resources.

I can't really think of anything. If I've ever had issues with Spire, I have given feedback and they've made the adjustments. One of the things I love about them is that they take ownership over their work. Quite often they come to me saying, "This isn't quite to our caliber, so it's going to take an extra week but we want to go redo this." It could be something I might not have even noticed, but they are always looking to try to make things better than I even ask for.

Overall Score I wouldn't keep working with them if it weren't a five.
    95% percent of the time, they're the ones that are pushing me along. Every once in a while, there may be something just because they're overwhelmed with my projects.
    They're not cheap, but I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for.
    I'm always impressed and always happy with what they do.
    I have already done so.