Creative Design & Content Strategy

Design. Development. Content. We craft cleanly designed, meticulously developed, content-rich websites that function on the desktop first and are compatible with every mobile device out there. Once we understand your business and its goals we’ll create an experience that helps your customers solve their problems and ensures that they keep coming back for more.

2004
Park City, UT

Kate Geagan Image

Kate Geagan

Kate Geagan wanted a new website that was as fresh and green as her speaking presentations, and Spigot Design delivered. Kate Geagan is one of America’s most recognized nutritionists, having appeared on The Dr. Oz Show, Martha Stuart Living Radio, Montel Williams Air America, and many many others. Sporting a fresh color pallet, and some even fresher @font-face webfonts, the new site is as easy to look at as it is to use. SPIGOT DID Design Web Development Website Support Web Hosting SITE FEATURES: Fresh fresh fresh design
Leader Creative Image

Leader Creative

Lindon Leader is an icon in the graphic design world, having created some of the country’s most well known corporate identities – including Hawaiian Airlines, Avery, and perhaps most famously, FedEx. He’s also worked with many local organizations and businesses like the Park City Museum and the Park City Literary Festival. Needless to say it was quite the honor to be able to work with him in redesigning his website. It’s cleaner and easier to use, and best of all, we left the old Flash technology behind SPIGOT DID Design Web Development Website Support Web Hosting SITE FEATURES:
Mountain Mama Cooks Image

Mountain Mama Cooks

Long time Parkite and personal chef Kelley Epstein decided to take her talents to the digital masses with a new name, a new brand, and a new website. Inspired by the success and rise of the mommy blogger movement, Kelley slings her own brand of mountain cooking, life as a mother (of 2), and the fascinating places they visit as a ‘stunt man’ family. If you’re into food, family, and the fun life, this blog’s for you. SPIGOT DID Design Web Development Website Support Web Hosting SITE FEATURES: Fresh as pie design @font-face fonts: Museo Slab and Museo Sans kits from FontSquirrel
Cast Iron Image

Cast Iron

Park City, Utah is a picaresque vision of the old west. Timber, soot, and mining. The old west, moose, and log cabins. While this is all well and good, some might say the look is starting to get a little tired. To find a way to embrace the historic nature of the town without resorting to the staid and true – that was the quest to conquer with this site.

Test Preparation Web Development

"What's really outstanding about them is that they listen and interpret."

n/a

2008 - Ongoing

Spigot Design redesigned a test preparation website to allow for easier modification. The team continues providing a constant workflow of maintenance, innovation, and development.

Draper, Utah
Owner, Higher Education Institution

The new design has received positive feedback from the website’s engineers, especially on its constant, gradual improvement. Spigot Design is exceptionally responsive, open, and flexible. The team accurately interprets the project’s intent and provides valuable guidance and leadership.

Could you give some background information on your company?

After serving a period in training, civil engineers graduate and then apply for certification. This qualifies them as a professional engineer (PE), Usually a four or five years after graduating. Part of that certification is that they have to take an HR examination. It’s like the bar exam for lawyers.

Was this an idea that you had on your own, or was it part of a larger organization?

No. It’s just my own thing.

What were your goals when you looked to improve the site?

Redesign the site so that it could be modified easily by me, and not just a Web specialist.

What was your selection process when you were looking for a new developer to redesign the site here?

Mostly contacts, such as local contacts. Spigot Design was about 20 miles away, so they were local. It was just word of mouth for the recommendation. I have dissatisfaction with the previous Web developer.

What was it about Spigot Design that really made them stand out?

The attitude. Just the approach when I talked to them. It’s the openness and flexibility.

What stages of the project were they involved in?

Both design and development.

If you’re comfortable sharing it, do you think you could give an estimate for the project?

About $10,000 but since then, there’s been a constant flow of work. Not only maintenance but innovations and development since, and I suppose I could estimate that at about probably about $10,000 a year.

How long has it been since they initially redesigned the site?

I’m only guessing, but I would say four years.

If you have any idea about it, do you know what technologies were used in the site, such as what programming languages, server, or database?

Just something called WP. I’m not very smart in this. I know it was great. Whatever they used, it was way better than before.

How do you feel about the results of the project now?

Really good.

Have you received any feedback from your users or partners, things like that about the site?

Yes, from the engineers who used my site who were around when it was being switched to the new design. They were very impressed and since the early improvements of all of the incremental search, not that dramatically changed but the site is always moving. It’s always changing, so it’s constantly getting up to date.

Compared to the other people you’ve worked with do you find anything unique or special about Spigot Design?

They’re just so responsive. So communicative. When my wife goes to have her hair done, she’s sits down there and says to the hairdresser, I’d like it kind of sort of, you know, and the hairdresser seems to get it. Spigot Design is like that. I’m not a Web guy. I use it. I have no interest in learning that myself, but what's really outstanding about them is that they listen and interpret, and they work on increments, such as let’s try this how this goes. You get to where you’re going.

Do you think there is any area that they may be able to improve upon a little bit?

If there are areas, none of them come through to me. I know that glowing recommendations are not useful. You have to be critical, but, truly as far as I’m concerned and what my needs are, I really can’t identify anything.

Overall Score Good guys.
    I can get it done a lot cheaper, but I really get what I pay for, and I have tried...They’re very good value for money...That’s never been a shock or a wow what you’re doing but. on the other hand, it’s never been dead cheap.
  • N/A NPS
    Yes, I would. I’ve relocated to another state. I used to be 20 miles away, and occasionally we’d meet. Now that I moved two states away, it didn’t make any difference at all – the service is just as good. So, yes, I would. I’d definitely recommend them.