Brand Identity Design & Consulting

“I engaged Special Modern Design to do branding and a website for my consulting services. What a great experience! Karen is not only talented, but intuitive – and has an uncanny ability to capture both your personality and your product offering in the branding process.

I get tons of compliments on my branding and my website – mostly from really bright people! Most recently, I had a potential client tell me that my website was the best she had ever seen from a consultant.”- Janet Davas, Hatch

2000

Fertile

Hatch Consulting Image

Hatch Consulting

Branding & Marketing for Bakery

"Their designs are spot-on every time."

July 2007 - Ongoing

Special Modern Design produces marketing collateral for a bakery to achieve a unique identity. In addition to a website and in-store signage, the team designed a logo, business cards, and packaging.

Lisa Olin
Owner, Cake Monkey Bakery

Special Modern Design created a unique logo that appeals to a wide audience. The team manages projects efficiently, producing impressive deliverables on-time—even for last-minute projects. They support the collaboration with valuable design insight, which has established a valuable partnership.

I am the owner of Cake Monkey Bakery. We have 2 retail locations as well as a wholesale division and mail order department.

For what projects/services did your company hire Special Modern Design?

When I first founded the company, I hired Special Modern Design to design our logo and then our business cards, gift box packaging and website design. I continue to engage their services for our marketing artwork, packaged goods, and all branding for our retail stores.

Our goal for the logo design was to help give our company a unique identity and convey a sense of whimsy without being too "on the nose". Karen at Special Modern Design nailed it on the first round. Our logo then helped inform how we would design the packaging branding materials and in-store signage. We wanted something recognizable and that's what we achieved with the design.

I was new to the business so I googled logo designers in our area and Special Modern Design's own branding attracted me right away. We had an initial meeting and I felt that Karen really understood what I was trying to achieve.

The process began by filling out a very detailed profile/questionnaire from Special Modern Design. This questionnaire was very insightful and turned out to be very instrumental in helping me write a business plan and define the kind of company I was trying to build. Karen was very hands on and had a personal approach that I appreciated. She's great at taking feedback and turning that feedback into exactly what I need! She delivered an amazing logo, business card, marketing postcard, gift box packaging and a gorgeous website. They then designed all of our in-store signage for our retail locations.

I worked one on one with the founder of Special Modern Design and had very personal service. She handled everything for us.

The logo that Special Modern Design created for us has had tremendous appeal to both customers and the press. We have been featured in national and local publications as well as tv shows. The logo has been used as a sticker on our most popular item and is recognized citywide in stores and cafes.

We continue to have an open line of communication with Special Modern Design and they are always great about fitting in last minute projects with great results. They value our feedback and are happy to incorporate our notes.

I was most impressed by the way that Special Modern Design just always knows what we're looking for, despite the fact that we may not be able to articulate it well! Their designs are spot-on every time.

I honestly don't feel that they could have done a better job! I will continue to work with them as our company grows.

Branding & Web Design for Social Enterprise Consultant

"The quality of the final product is remarkable."

Jan. 2014 - Mar. 2019

Special Modern Design designed a website for a social enterprise consultant. The team was also responsible for branding the client to create a unique identity.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Janet G Davas
Principal Owner, Hatch, LLC

The branding successfully captures the client's company message and has received positive external feedback. Special Modern Design produces quality designs that meet the needs and requirements of the client.

I am the sole proprietor of my consulting business.

For what projects/services did your company hire Special Modern Design?

As a start up, I wanted to stand out.

To have a unique design and website that would convey my services in a creative and unique fashion.

I was familiar with her work through a friend/colleague.

Special Modern Design took me through a complete branding process - resulting in a super looking logo with collateral materials and a unique and top notch website.

I worked with principal owner Karen Barranco.

What a great experience! Karen is not only talented, but intuitive – and has an uncanny ability to capture both your personality and your product offering in the branding process. I get tons of compliments on my branding and my website – mostly from really bright people! Most recently, I had a potential client tell me that my website was the best she had ever seen from a consultant.

Very effective.

The quality of the final product is remarkable.

Not that I can think of.

Overall Score One of the Best!
    Always patient with my schedule!
    Industry standard