Built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs

SourcePad is your web and mobile development solution, having built for over 150 startups in the last 10 years. Our clients have been featured on the Today Show, won awards at TechCrunch Disrupt, garnered investment from Founders Fund, Google, A-Grade and been acquired by Twitter, Time, Calvin Klein, among others. We pride ourselves on being dedicated, agile, and transparent.

As a client, you will work with a dedicated team focused solely on your project - eliminating the pain point of context switching and fostering the most holistic approach to the project. We are flexible and follow an agile methodology - ensuring that we build the best product for market-fit. We’ve also built some proprietary software services that allow for real-time visibility into team productivity and daily actions.

We specialize in Ruby on Rails backend development with angular frontend, and also have iOS and Android developers. We have an experienced UX/UI team who provides everything from lo-fi wireframing to full design.

2008
New York, NY
  • New York, NY 10004

Flexport, 1000 Museums, Serial Box, Niche, Cozi, Divorceify, True & Co

App Dev for Mobile Development Company

"Beyond development, they’ve contributed to all aspects of entrepreneurship."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

SourcePad provided iOS and Android app development for two different projects. After building out a prototype into an iOS game app, they moved onto a cross-platform golf scoring app.

Funder, FabForeDev

Contributing technical solutions including advanced GUIs, cloud-based backend and algorithm implementations, SourcePad has been an exceptional partner. They’ve provided consulting and project management services that helped support a startup. Their communication stands out for an outsourced firm.

I’m the founder of FabForeDev, a mobile app development company.

What challenge were you trying to address with SourcePad?

They’re my technical team. We already developed one app—a game based on the book Liar’s Poker —and we’re working on another that’s for golf scoring.

While the first app was just for iOS, the second—which we’re going to continue working on together after I finish fundraising—is for both iOS and Android and includes an administrative web portal and cloud-based backend.

It’s truly a collaboration with us. I went to them with certain things in mind and some stuff left out, and we both took the lead at different times. For the game, they quickly transformed a prototype into a finished product. The golf app was built from the ground up with fairly complex mathematical algorithms implemented into an advanced GUI. They also assisted with data population, scraping information from certain websites, all integrated into a robust cloud-based backend.

For the first app, I used a single developer and a part-time QA. I came to them with a prototype a few ex-colleagues had put together so I needed a dedicated full-time person to get it done. The developer worked in a project management and coding role, and the app was on the market within six months.

A month later I engaged them to build the golf app. We started with a part-time project manager, a frontend developer for iOS, a backend developer, and a part-time QA person. Later, we were working with two backend developers, an Android frontend developer, and another QA resource.

How did you come to work with SourcePad?

They’d helped an ex-colleague launch his business. I approached them thinking their model would help me accomplish certain goals without the added risk of hiring my own team. It allows me to add or subtract from the team more easily than I could with my own people.

We worked together from February 2017 until July 2019. Currently, I’m trying to build the capital I need to finish development; there’s 4–6 months of work left. The app is currently being beta tested.

The functionality they’ve built is top-notch across all phases – GUI, backend, web portal, project management, QA, problem resolution. I’m super proud of what we’ve developed so far. They transformed a vision into a product that’s reliable and often took the lead in suggesting improvements. They’re my de facto technical team and I’m really happy with the work to date.

How did SourcePad perform from a project management standpoint?

We had scrum sessions four times a week, all through Skype. I never thought I’d be able to develop as much as I did with people I’ve never met. And most of them were located halfway around the world. It was very eye-opening and validated the consulting, pay-as-you-go model. They were super communicative, all hours day or night.

The two partners at SourcePad have been awesome in terms of providing resources and helping me create a pitch deck. Beyond development, they’ve contributed to all aspects of entrepreneurship. I come from a banking and corporate business background, so this relationship has been useful for many reasons.

Not really. They do have a lot of holidays out in the Philippines but we’ve worked around that. I can’t think of anything else. They do a fantastic job.

I may be an outlier in the sense of having them as my full-on development team as opposed to simply building a prototype but potential customers should feel confident that SourcePad will get the job done quickly and efficiently.