eCommerce & Amazon Consultant | 10+ Years Exp.

Top Rated Amazon Consultant and eCommerce Consultant | 10+ Years Experience Helping Companies Thrive at eCommerce Quicker & Easier

SERVICES:

- eCommerce Consultant
- eCommerce Website Design
- Conversion Rate Optimization Consultant

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:

• You work 1 on 1 personally with me and not a random agent in a call center with little to no experience.
  • As a fellow business owner, I have significant experience managing projects, people & budgets to get results.
  • My experience comes from owning, partnering & running businesses, not working as an employee at an agency.
  • When you reach out, you’re speaking with me, not a sales agent who earns a commission or a random customer service rep.

HOW WE WORK TOGETHER:

• Google, Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest Advertising
  • Influencer Marketing
  • Affiliate Marketing
  • ...

Amazon, eCommerce Website Design, eCommerce Strategy & Digital Marketing - Brick Mates

Result:

• Influencer Marketing
  • Affiliate Marketing
  • Reviews

E-Commerce Dev and Full-Service Marketing for National Toy Retailer

"The Source Approach goes above and beyond to hit every deadline and care about my business."

Jul. 2018 - Ongoing

The Source Approach developed an e-commerce site and now handles digital marketing activities. They manage an Instagram influencer team, optimize Amazon profiles, and do Facebook and Google advertising.

Las Vegas, Nevada
    Margo Ross
    CEO, Fun City Toys, LLC

Product visibility and sales have improved drastically on both the e-commerce site and Amazon profiles. The Source Approach pairs traditional marketing and SEO experience with development skills to offer a comprehensive online package. They are committed to deadlines and highly communicative.

I’m the CEO of Fun City Toys. We’re a startup that produces children’s toys—puzzles that snap into places like Legos. We manufacture overseas and are currently selling domestically with our largest client, Amazon.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Source Approach?

Initially, I placed my products with big-box retailers, drug stores, and specialty stores, but it was very difficult. I then shifted to selling directly to the consumer and needed to build an e-commerce website. The first vendor I tried didn’t meet deadlines and ended up wasting a lot of my time. I went back online and found The Source Approach.

Once they designed my website, they started to manage all of my digital marketing. This included making changes to my Amazon profile and handling my social media and SEO efforts.

Amazon has both vendor and seller profiles, and while I already had a vendor profile, Tanner (Founder, The Source Approach) optimized it. He also created a central seller account for me, which lets me reach back out to customers and remarket to them. He suggested I include inserts asking for reviews of my products to get my listings up and even took over a dispute with Amazon that needed to be resolved.

Outside of Amazon, he developed and now helps execute my social media marketing strategy. He introduced me to the concept of community managers and helped me hire and train them. When I’m putting out a post on Instagram to advertise an Amazon promotion, 20 managers are posting about it at the same time to their different followings. Tanner has helped with my Facebook ads (we’re doing A/B testing) and trained me how to best use both WordPress and WooCommerce. We’re also starting to advertise on Google.

Finally, he worked with the bloggers I hired to bring them up to par. I wanted to put my first post on a site Tanner wasn’t familiar with, so he researched and familiarized himself with it and integrated it into my ongoing plan.

I work directly with Tanner.

I found them online.

My monthly cost varies depending on the current work. It's very much a fourth-quarter business, so I'm doing a lot of advertising right now, and my spend is a bit high. It’ll go down in January, though.

I paid a set fee of $1,500 for the web development, and they haven’t charged me more for the extra dev work they've done since.

We’ve been working together since July 2018.

Our site is now much more vibrant than I imagined it could or expected it to be. Traffic and bounce rate have both improved, as well as time on site, and our year-to-date sales have exploded by over 5,000%. On the Amazon side, we recently became profitable in our ad spend, meaning our sales surpassed what we spent on advertising. Further, all of our products are visible on Amazon. The value this brings us is immeasurable, as we started with precious little online visibility.

How did The Source Approach perform from a project management standpoint?

I’ve been a product manager my entire career and can’t believe one person can do as much as Tanner can. He handles everything I throw at him and delivers before the deadline. Often, it’s all I can do to just keep up with him.

He has a strong understanding of search engine algorithms and SEO and is equally skilled in design and programming, which is unique. I’ve interviewed many web designers, and he’s the only one I’ve come across with that wide of a skill set.

My previous vendor gave me a fraction of what I’ve received from The Source Approach for double the price. The Source Approach goes above and beyond to hit every deadline and care about my business. I’ve never been happier with a consultant; they’re phenomenal.

I’ve been happy with everything they’ve done, so there’s no need to improve.

Set up a weekly call to touch base with them. I requested we do this and it’s only helped move things forward and keep both sides accountable. They would've stayed on track regardless, but it’s important to have frequent meetings anyway, especially when working remotely.

I can’t provide ROI data yet but I’ve been happy to this point. They haven’t exceeded my budget, and I get more than I pay for.

E-Commerce Web Development & Strategy for Alcohol Retailer

"I’ve seen a substantial increase in traffic to the website by thousands of percentage points."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Using WooCommerce, The Source Approach redesigned a website to add e-commerce capability for wine and liquor sales as well as predictive search functionality.

Elma, NY
    Tim Delaney
    Owner, Elma Wine & Liquor

Web traffic and sales have improved dramatically since the engagement began. The Source Approach’s understanding of marketing technologies and innovative approach are hallmarks of their work. While sometimes focused too much on analytics, generally efficiency and quality win the day.

I'm the owner of a wine and liquor retailer. We serve the local Buffalo community and other states that allow it via e-commerce wine sales.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Source Approach?

We wanted to be more easily found online by potential customers.

I built our original site myself and it didn’t allow for online sales. The Source Approach used WooCommerce to create a new e-commerce site. They got all of our liquor and wine products up on the site. They added other functionality such as predictive search results based on our catalog. They added a banner ad to the blog promoting our wine subscription service. They developed a multi-step checkout process with a “Thank You” page that pushes wine club subscriptions after the customer checks out.

I work with Tanner (CEO, The Source Approach).

How did you come to work with The Source Approach?

I met Tanner a few years ago when he was with a different company. We kept in touch from time to time, and I followed what he was doing with The Source Approach.

I’ve spent around $10,000.

We started working together in May 2016 and the site launched in November 2016. I retain them on an ongoing basis to maintain the site and to come up with new tactics.

I’ve seen a substantial increase in traffic to the website by thousands of percentage points. The nature of the business is cyclical, and this spring’s sales were up from last spring. The site loads fast, and seems to be doing pretty well in search rankings.

How did The Source Approach perform from a project management standpoint?

Tanner is great. He was usually ready with his end of things during site development before I was. He stayed on me all the time to get him what they needed but he does it in a nice, non-pushy way. He's always responsive to my emails, even on evenings or weekends. He's always innovating and making changes to the site to make it better.

His focus on strategy development is impressive. He's always coming up with ideas to improve the site and the customer experience. He also knows the latest studies and figures about what's working in the e-commerce realm in order to drive traffic.

Tanner is perhaps a little too analytical and focused on the numbers.

Listen to what he says and act on his suggestions.

E-Commerce Branding & Website Strategy for Jewelry Company

"They know their stuff when it comes to brand recognition; they’re the firm you want."

n/a

The Source Approach developed and executed a three-phase plan to increase brand awareness and drive online conversions. They participated in initial, goal-oriented discussions and also serve as e-commerce consultants.

Jared Ebrahimoff
    eCommerce Director, Metro Jewelry

Traffic has increased and brand awareness has grown thanks to The Source Approach’s expertise and eager work ethic. They are a highly communicative partner that always responds promptly to requests. They clearly explain plans and are known to provide top-level advice.

I am the e-commerce manager for Metro Jewelry. I’m with the e-commerce division of a jewelry wholesale company.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Source Approach?

We wanted to build a brand that people trust and want to come back to, since right now, most of our customers come from Amazon. We also wanted to increase our conversion rates. To accomplish this, we needed someone to spearhead our rebranding and expand our e-commerce presence past the marketplaces we’re currently in.

Tanner, their founder, has helped us to do some consumer strategy work along with some digital marketing. Their founder and parts of my team had numerous conversations that revolved around what our goals were and how we thought we would achieve them, instead of merely trying to understand how we thought. They came back to us after a few weeks with a three-phase plan: background research, building strategy and finding a fit that worked for all of us, and implementation. We’re currently in the third phase. They’ve also provided e-commerce site advice.

Their founder has been our main point of contact.

How did you come to work with The Source Approach?

They were recommended to us.

We’ve invested around $10,000 so far.

We’ve been working together since January 2018.

There’s definitely been an increase in site traffic since they’ve been with us, though it’s hard to say whether it is because of their work or because we’ve been pushing in other directions to get everything to them. We had product inserts that weren’t very good, so one of his recommendations was to include one that pushed people to our website, instead of the marketplaces, and that’s definitely helped to get our brand out there. The solutions they’ve provided us with have been very reliable so far.

How did The Source Approach perform from a project management standpoint?

From what I can tell, they’re always very dedicated to their clients and very responsive to emails. We have weekly or bi-weekly meetings depending on how much is going on.

They know their stuff when it comes to brand recognition; they’re the firm you want. I’ve been happy working with him so far, and the founder has been a great resource. Our staff has been impressed with how much they can get done. We didn’t realize how much work it would take to get to the level we’re at, but everyone’s very happy. They go step by step through everything, and nothing they’ve said so far has been bad.

Make sure that you have someone dedicated to working on the project full-time, because most people that are looking for an e-commerce consultant don’t realize how much work it actually takes. There was a period of a month where I barely got to touch the project because of how busy the rest of the company was. A lot more resources have to go into it than you anticipate.

• N/A Cost

E-Commerce Web Development & Strategy for Supernatural Tour Company

"He stays on top of the ever-changing climate of digital commerce and social media."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

The Source Approach works on the digital marketing strategy of a local tourism provider, while also providing e-commerce web development services.

Buffalo, New York
    Mason Winfield
    Founder, Haunted History Ghost Walks

Always working extremely hard and staying aware of the latest trends and developments in digital marketing, their CEO is able to provide excellent services. He has plenty of ideas and is able to take the initiative when working on a project.

I’m the founder of Haunted History Ghost Walks. We’re a tourism company that gives walking tours based on supernatural folklore.

What challenge were you trying to address with The Source Approach?

We needed efficient local marketing to get the word out about our tours.

They've helped us tremendously, working on web development and devising a strategy. We never had that before, and it focuses on promoting our brand, and getting our clients signed up and paid.

I work with Tanner (CEO, The Source Approach).

How did you come to work with The Source Approach?

Tanner is an author with enormous drive, and he came to some of the writing courses I give. I got to know him as a friend. When he started his company, he thought he could help me and he has.

$5,000.

We started working together in October 2015 and the work is ongoing.

We had a very good season last year with Tanner’s help. He’s a highly professional person who can help somebody like me adapt to the new climate of social media. I need somebody like him.

How did The Source Approach perform from a project management standpoint?

Tanner works very hard and has never failed me. If he says he’s going to get something done, it’s done perfectly. We meet in-person for 45–60 minutes every couple of months. In general, the project works great.

Tanner stays on top of the ever-changing climate of digital commerce and social media.

Tanner is young and his business is just starting out. We’ve had to readjust our formula. The same formula you use with a very large company is different to that required for a small company. We had to revisit our financial relationship a couple times, but it’s all been completely friendly and equitable. He’s a wonderful guy to deal with.

Be as on your game as you can because Tanner is on his. Be ready and be sure you have a plan in place to maximize his insights. I’m not tech literate, so I have other people that are in-between my skills and Tanner’s. I made sure I was prepared with other people who could carry through his recommendations. Show up with a team because Tanner has the expertise of five people, and you may need that many to keep up with him.

Overall Score We love him.