Helping clients create Digital Growth™

Solid Digital is a full-service digital agency, guiding businesses to achieve digital growth through award-winning work in design, software development, and digital marketing. We believe digital value increases when businesses establish ongoing initiatives that are defined by a clear strategy.  Our team is values-driven and is recognized as one of the Best & Brightest Companies to work for in the nation.

Solid Digital has been in business since 2006 with offices in Chicago, Illinois, and Portland, Oregon.

2007

Ecommerce systems
Application platform
CRM solutions
Productivity & collaboration

Hilton Worldwide, Ajinomoto, Embassy Suites, DoubleTree, Spitfire Strategies, Simple.tv, Metals Service Center Institute
IMO: Website Design & Development Image

IMO: Website Design & Development

Solid Digital, LLC was approached by Intelligent Medical Objects to develop and design a healthcare platform where patients and doctors could easily access medical data. Solid Digital also selected a new domain and prioritized SEO support.

OwlTing UI/UX Design for Website & Application Image

OwlTing UI/UX Design for Website & Application

OwlTing approached Solid Digital to develop UI/UX Design for the blockchain streamlining platform. Working on a tight timeline, Solid Digital focused on a dashboard design, allowing companies to easily navigate between the different OwlTing features.

Edlong: Website Design & Digital Marketing Partnership Image

Edlong: Website Design & Digital Marketing Partnership

Interested in incorporating social media into their marketing strategy, Pine Tree contacted Solid Digital. Solid Digital developed a microsite for Pine Tree's Prairie location including information about the tenants, current promotions, and a newsletter. Based on user feedback, Solid Digital designed a mobile-first model. Since its release, this design has been applied to Pine Tree's other sites.

Edlong: Website Design & Digital Marketing Partnership Image

Metals Service Center Institute Mobile App

Priceline Intranet Image

Priceline Intranet

Website Development for Online Agricultural Marketplace

“They offered a lot of solutions, and they had a great understanding of WordPress.”

May - Aug. 2019

Solid Digital, LLC developed a new WordPress website for a farmland rental marketplace. They used Gravity Forms to facilitate data capture, integrated an Agile CRM, and managed all the site design.

11- 50 Employees

Jessie Atchison
VP of Marketing, Tillable

All performance indicators improved within a month of the launch, and Solid Digital, LLC continues to help the brand evolve. They are dedicated to the site’s success, and they worked hard to deliver the finished product ahead of schedule.

We're an online marketplace for farmland rental. I'm the vice president of marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Solid Digital, LLC?

Our first website was made in a hurry and had outlived its usefulness. We faced technical issues, and the site wasn't working the way we needed it to. We wanted to integrate our CRM, improve opportunities for lead capture, and create a better site structure overall.

They've worked with us on website strategy, design, and development. The new site was built from scratch in WordPress, and Solid helped us better facilitate lead capture from the site and get data into our CRM in a smooth and easy way. Solid helped us build Gravity Forms to facilitate data capture from the site and get data into our CRM in a smooth and easy way. We started with a strategic kickoff meeting, then they came back with some wireframes. We iterated on those wireframes, then they managed all the design.

Our main point of contact throughout the project was our project manager. We also worked with a creative director and a number of developers.

How did you come to work with Solid Digital, LLC?

We evaluated several agencies to help us build a new site. I knew about Solid Digital from my experience at another agency. A client of mine used them, so I knew how they worked and had a good idea of their capabilities. We ultimately chose them for their proximity and their understanding of our business and how we needed the website to play into our marketing efforts. They had great examples, and we had a good rapport with them right away.

We started working together in May 2019, and we launched in August 2019. Now, we have a support agreement with them for ongoing maintenance.

Within a month of our launch, traffic, time on site, conversions, and page views all went up. People engage with our content, and all the analytics are positive. They beat all our previous performance indicators by a wide margin, and they continue to help us evolve. Overall, we were really happy with Solid Digital's level of dedication. We always felt like a priority, even though I know they had other clients. They sped up the timeline and made sure we met all our deadlines. From the beginning, they were willing to do whatever it took to make sure we were successful.

How did Solid Digital, LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

We were really happy with their project management. I have an agency background, and I've launched several websites in my career. This was the first site I've ever worked on that launched early. We worked very well together, and they were extremely responsive and proactive. They took the challenge seriously, and they made sure the quality met our standards. We used Basecamp to manage the project, and we also had a dedicated Slack channel.

They really focus on digital deliverables, and they had a deep knowledge in specific areas. They offered a lot of solutions, and they had a great understanding of WordPress. They were very smart, and they're good people to work with. They care for their clients, and they make sure everything works.

There were a couple of last-minute fixes that took a little while, but we did push for an early launch. I understand why those little issues came up, and I don't have any complaints for their work overall.

Communicate with them. They make themselves very available and are very good about checking in. If you follow their process, your project will run smoothly and your site will launch on time.

If I could rate them higher, I would.

Web Development for Online Community

"They took the time to understand our vision and were open-minded."

May 2016 - Jan. 2017

Solid Digital provided full-stack SSO design and web development for an extensive online network, integrating three separate web properties into a single community with access via the member database.

Columbus, Ohio
Elizabeth Lykins
Executive Director, NetJets Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots

The completed web-based resource performed impeccably and proved tremendously popular with leadership, members, and staff alike. Solid Digital’s exceptional project management, flexible assistance, and constant communication contributed to a rewarding partnership.

The NetJets Association of Shared Aircraft Pilots (NJASAP) represents the professional interests of over 2,700 pilots who fly in the service of NetJets Aviation, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary. Established in 2008, NJASAP is governed by a five-member democratically elected Executive Board and supported by a professional staff and over 125 dedicated pilot volunteers. As an independent labor advocate focused exclusively on representing the NetJets pilots, the union maintains robust services and resources as well as a vital industry affairs program that seeks to advance aviation, the piloting profession, and organized labor aviation on Capitol Hill. NJASAP is based in Columbus, Ohio.

As the executive director, I am responsible for providing strategy guidance for and supporting the Association's elected leaders, directing all intra- and extra-organizational communication and managing the NJASAP professional staff as well as our relationships with vendors and consultants.

What challenge were you trying to address with Solid Digital?

We wanted to consolidate access to our three online resources—the website, message board, and member database—by making them available via single credential set within a completely redesigned online community. Previously, the end user had to enter a unique credential set to access each resource. The project demanded the creation of a single sign‐on (SSO) protocol that granted access to end users based on their status in the member database. Once access was granted, the user could seamlessly navigate all three resources.

To measure the success of this effort, we developed five metrics based on giving our 2,700-plus members access to the following:

• a website that was incredibly robust and user-friendly with sharp, clean lines,
  • a web resource that put necessary information into their hands quickly and with ease,
  • a single login point for members‐only sections,
  • a dashboard that integrated with all existing and new web applications, and
  • an intuitive user interface that looked consistent across all applications.

They provided a full range of services, beginning with strategy and ending with continued support. They had a good feel for what we wanted. We had maybe two follow-up, in-person meetings where we got into the nitty-gritty of what we wanted. From there, the project really took off.

Because web design and the associated technology fell squarely within Solid's expertise, we let them take the lead. Of course, we felt more than comfortable requesting changes throughout the process. However, our strategy sessions were exceptionally productive, allowing designers and programmers to get a true feel for NJASAP's vision and run with it.

They completed an SSO with vBulletin as a component. The underlying CMS written in JS was developed by Solid and functioned like an API and database. We appreciated that they’d written this forward-facing technology in a language known to most developers.

Numerous people were involved, and they brought in whoever’s competency matched the project need at that time. I assume they engaged every person on their team at some point. They handled a lot of that internally, which I appreciate because our project was so massive. We were bringing together three completely unique web properties and asking them to communicate with each other seamlessly. Now, it works like a charm.

Jesse [CEO & Partner, Solid Digital], our technical lead, enthusiastically communicated a vision for the project, and his quiet confidence made me believe that he and his team could deliver what we needed.

How did you come to work with Solid Digital?

I found them online. We met with Naveed [CRO & Partner, Solid Digital] and Jesse in February 2015 in Dallas for a session of planning. I don’t think that our organization really knew what we needed at the time. That planning session gave us enough information to develop the RFP. Once we had the RFP in place, we talked to four different groups, including Solid. In 72 hours, we went to Portland, Chicago, and New York. We ultimately selected Solid because they seemed aware of our technical and creative requirements.

We began the selection process in February 2015 and officially entered into an agreement with Solid in May 2016.

We couldn’t be more pleased with our redeveloped community. The SSO protocol works without fail to the delight of our leadership, members, volunteers, and staff. The NJASAP online community has been tremendously popular, drawing more members. Since our membership is geographically disbursed, a dynamic online community that features timely, relevant resources is a requirement and now a major asset.

How did Solid Digital perform from a project management standpoint?

They excelled at developing timelines and providing prompt updates. We communicated via web conference or teleconference, depending on what was most appropriate. I was pleased with how they handled such a massive project. Any delays were totally due to our organization trying to acclimate to everything that was going on. We used Basecamp to provide feedback to each other and talk about tasks. We used a different online tool when we were talking in person.

I appreciated that they took the time to talk to us and remained flexible. They offer exceptional flexibility, accessibility, and expertise. They took the time to understand our vision and were open-minded. They understood that they didn’t know my audience like I did. They weren’t trying to force something on me that they’d done before because it would be easier or faster.

I don’t think that they could have done anything differently. Toward the end stages, I would’ve felt more comfortable with having more in-person meetings. I actually want to feel and see people in the room. I’m sure if I’d asked for that, they would have honored my request. If I had the opportunity to do this project again, I would’ve made all the same choices that we did previously.

Overall Score I look forward to a long and mutually beneficial partnership with this incredible team of people.
    This project was massive, demanding an incredible time commitment. Solid stuck to our plan, and we launched within weeks of the initial target.
    Solid was neither the most nor the least expensive.
    The online community is beautifully designed, and, from a technical perspective, access could not be more seamless.
    Without question, we'd refer Solid to other organizations.

Medical Devices Manufacturer Web Design

"Their attention to detail, their tenacity, and their overall coding skills from the development side were on point."

Feb. 2014 - June 2014

Solid Interactive used CSS to rebrand a website for a new medical prototype-to-production company. Since project completion, the team provides website maintenance and support.

New York City Metro Area
Angelica Zribi
Sales and Marketing Coordinator, NPI Medical

The project was successful, even given the tight deadlines. Solid Interactive showed great attention to detail and communication throughout the project. The team used a progress tracker in order to show what part of the project was being worked on at what time, which helped in collaboration.

Please describe your company.

MPI Medical is a global leader in PTP, which is prototype to production. We specialize in medical device manufacturing for low-value products. We have engineers in house. Our facility is 66,000 square feet. We do all the tooling and all the design up until full production when it goes to market.

We’re a contract manufacturer specifically for the medical device market. As of last year, we spun off from our company, Spectrum Plastics Group. It’s private equity so we did an official spinoff from them and now we’re a standalone company focused solely on medical. Our niche market is medical device manufacturing with components like bio-injectables. We do DNA testing kits and that sort of thing.

What are your role and responsibilities?

I am the sales and marketing coordinator. I update our website as far as news posts. We have a blog. I get advertisements for us in trade show magazines. I organize trade shows.

What was your goal for working with Solid Interactive?

The purpose of the website was that we needed to rebrand, we needed something fresh to set us apart from Spectrum. We’re a brand new company and we celebrated our one year anniversary in September.

The work is completed. We now have a monthly maintenance agreement in case there are any maintenance issues that need to be tackled. They’ll handle that.

What was your process for selecting Solid Interactive with which to work?

We worked with a woman, Dawn Brucali. She is part of the chamber of commerce here in the Valley in Connecticut. We knew she was a highly reputable source and she gave us solid information. She had worked with them previously on another company in Connecticut, Inline Plastics, so she gave us that reference. I’ve worked with Dawn before so I trusted her and that’s how we met Jesse [McCabe, founder and CEO of Solid Interactive] and his team.

The cost range total was $20,000. The amount of hours differed. I think it was $100 per hour.

What were the results of the project?

The project was quite successful. We had very tight deadlines. We started in mid-February and we finished the entire site in June. They said it could take a year plus, but we had really tight deadlines. We needed to get this website out for our tradeshow that we were exhibiting at in New York City.

We needed to have new branding out there on the Web for our customers to see. I thought their attention to detail and accuracy was really on point. We had weekly scheduled conference calls where I spoke with the project manager, Shuba. I also dealt with Jessica Troop as well, who as another employee, along with Jesse, too, managed the entire project. I especially liked their system called “Atlassian.” It was a JIRA system essentially where I would go and login and I could track their progress visually via seeing what was inputted for the tickets.

It was a backlog of all the work conducted and what progress they were doing. It had visuals as well. It was a concrete way of seeing what they’re doing on their end to see how they develop the site.

Anytime, we had questions or wanted to make simple design changes or copy changes, they were very forward. I know the actual developer who did all the coding, he was great. There were minimal mistakes, if anything. They built this site from the bottom up. It was a custom platform CSS [Cascading Style Sheets], completely brand new design and concept. It was not bought off the shelf from WordPress at all. It was completely custom to what we wanted.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

They are process driven and their team is organized. They collaborate really well together. We had this deadline and they were able to deliver. They are extremely talented. This was a website built from the bottom up. These people know what they’re doing and they succeeded. Their attention to detail, their tenacity, and their overall coding skills from the development side were on point.

No. I wouldn’t say anything to improve on. Their transparency was huge with this project.