Highly Skilled Offshore Dedicated Developers Teams

Softlabs Group is one of the best Software Development Outsourcing Companies in India with an International Market presence of more than 15 years. We offer highly innovative, sustainable, robust, secure and cost-effective software development and mobility solutions to corporate giants, small enterprises and start-ups across different parts of the world.

We are a software development company having high quality large teams of software and mobile app developers with expertise of high-end technologies like Microsoft.Net with MVC, WCF and WPF, Open Source Technologies like PHP Core, Laravel and Code Ignitor, JavaScript, jQuery, Angular, Node, React, Cross Platform App Technologies like Ionic, Xamarin, React Native, Native Mobile App development technologies like Java, Kotlin, Objective C, Swift, Relational Databases like MS SQL, Oracle, DB2, unstructured databases like MongoDB, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, etc.

Softlabs Group has been very diligent in adapting and understanding the culture and expectations of different people across the globe and has been tremendously successful in delivering sustainable digital solutions to International Clients in USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Nordic, Portugal, Kenya, Zambia, Australia and Saudi Arabia.

Our Research and Development Team houses experts in the field of Blockchain, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and IoT. With the help of our extensive exposure on various domains since the last 15 years, we have identified business problems in specific sectors like Fintech, Energy, Pharmaceuticals, Education and others which can be better solved with next-generation technologies. Our R & D Team is building innovative solutions and platforms which will help businesses eliminate obstacles and grow at a greater pace.

2003
Mumbai, India
  • Juxon House, 100 St. Paul's Churchyard
    London, LND EC4M 8BU
  • Ekebyvagen 21, Post No. 19492,
    Upplands - Vasby 19492
    Sweden

F P McCann Limited - UK, Symbio Energy Limited - UK, Adamas Consulting - UK, I Dream Canada International - Canada, Personal Cyklar - Sweden, Actruarial Group - Portugal, SkyGold Limited - Zambia, Reliance Capital - India, Nirmal Bang - India

DApp - Blockchain based De-Centralised Applications

DApps - Blockchain based De-Centralised Applications

Softlabs with its varied expertise of 15 years across different domains like Finance, Banking, Insurance, Engineering, Construction, Real Estate, Energy, Medical Science, Health Care, Diamond Industry, Transportation, Travel, Tourism, Export Import, Shipping, Logistics, Education and Hospitality is designing business models based on Blockchain Technology for

numerous business processes.

Few of the solutions we could provide include:

Blockchain based Bid Evaluation/ e-Tendering

Blockchain Based Document Authenticity Verification

Blockchain Based various Business Community Platforms for trading products and services

Multiple Development Projects for Government Infrastructure

"We are more like a team because Softlabs understands our way of doing things."

May 2015 - Ongoing

Softlabs has been tasked with three projects thus far, ranging from a complicated student loan management and credit system to a taxi service app built specifically for Zambia.

11 - 50 employees

Zambia
Pride Sinkala
Managing Director, SKYGOLD Ltd.

The costs are very competitive and some technical difficulties notwithstanding, Softlabs has regularly delivered on time or properly managed expectations. Their work has been used to great success in demonstrations for branches of the central government.

I'm with the ABE, the Association of Business Executives. It's a UK professional guiding body. Education is one side of our business while the other is IT. In addition to that, we work a general government supplier. I'm currently a Managing Director for SKYGOLD Limited.

What challenge were you trying to address with Softlabs?

Previously, the Zambian government did not have a system to track students who have received loans after they graduate and start working. In addition, we currently have an inefficient credit management system in Zambia. Some people who borrowed from financial institutions had paid off their loans months or years ago. However, when they check their credit, or when they try to borrow from another financial institution, the system shows that they still owe money. We've been designing these systems and we engaged Softlabs to help us out. We had several technical issues to deal with. It was quite challenging because we have had bad Internet connectivity in Zambia.

Softlabs developed a system that would track the students who received loans from the Zambian government. Second, SKYGOLD asked Softlabs to develop a credit management information system that would compete favorably on the market. We called this platform the Zambia Credit Reference Information System, ZCRIS for short. It has 2 sides, a credit reference management system and a loan recovery system. All the stakeholders and financial institutions would interact with the system so it needed to be user-friendly. Softlabs brought in ideas to make that happen. I got the idea for a third project from Malaysia. There was an app I used for taxis there, which was also in London. We thought that we also needed to develop a taxi app in Zambia so we discussed it with Softlabs. They started working on it almost immediately. Softlabs just gave us a demo to show how the maps work between drivers and riders.

How did you come to work with Softlabs?

I spent quite some time in Malaysia where I used a similar system to the one we developed for Zambia. I talked with some developers in Malaysia and the prices they gave us were about 3 or 4 times what Softlabs offered. We had to look to India. I contacted the top 20 IT companies there and Softlabs was one of them. I called all the others and I wasn't getting immediate feedback. Sometimes the phones would ring and no one would answer. When I called Softlabs for the first time, somebody picked up and we had a discussion. We chose Softlabs because of their background, portfolio and business plans. They seemed the best option to develop what we needed.

How much have you invested with Softlabs?

We have spent $15,000 on their services.

We started in February 2015 and this engagement is ongoing.

I'm very confident because we have finished the platform and we have tested both sides of the system. That's why we were able to confidently present it to ministry responsible for higher education. The Zambian government officials were delighted with the demonstration. The only thing holding us back was that the government needed to pass legislation for this system to be implemented. I'm glad to say that 3 months ago, the President approved the bill and the law has been passed. As we are speaking, I’m looking at the platform. We also presented to the [Kremlin] secretary and the Loans Board, who are the actual end users of the system. We've achieved about 80% to 90% of what the ministry has been looking for. For us, that’s a success story.

I have colleagues who work for the Development Bank of Zambia as well as our reserve bank— that’s the central bank, the Bank of Zambia—who have looked at the credit management information system. They were extremely excited after seeing just the landing page. They said, “It's high time we had something like this for our country." We attribute that success to Softlabs.

How did Softlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

From a management point of view, Softlabs has been very efficient. I'm not an IT guru. My partner, Nathan, actually understands more of these things better than I do. They're very responsive about providing the information we need, even at night or after working hours. When we ask for certain things that need to be in the system, they quickly work on that without fail. I think they've provided us good project management.

They've been very consistent with communication. If there is any delay from either side, we inform. We don't rely on emails or phone calls, so they contact us via WhatsApp. If there's any disruption in the delivery of the system, we quickly know about it. They also informed us in case they finished things before the deadline. If they anticipate the need for extra resources, they let us know about it. They would say, "Well, in this area, we are having a challenge." They would bring in an expert or a technical team to help in that particular area. They have been very good with updating us about the status of the development.

What did you find most impressive about Softlabs?

I appreciated that we built more than just a business. We are more like a team because Softlabs understands our way of doing things and we understand theirs. I think this has made us work together very well.

Are there any areas Softlabs could improve?

I must be honest. So far, there isn't one thing that I would point out that they are lagging behind. They may not be the best system developers and we do have some challenges here and there, but that is inevitable. We had a bit of a challenge in meeting certain deadlines. For example, Softlabs would tell us, "Well, with this, we should be able to have it up and running on this particular day. We'll do a demo." Sometimes the system might fail us or a few things would not meet our expectations. When they reschedule, normally we get almost everything that we're looking for.

We were the ones who were behind on time, not Softlabs. For a 2 PM meeting, they usually would contact us an hour before to make sure that they're set. They are very punctual.
    I think they're very competitive, compared with India and Malaysia. I do not know about developers elsewhere.
    I did not give them 5 out of 5 because the ZCRIS project is still in progress.
    We don’t have any doubts about recommending Softlabs to others who need to develop a similar system.

ERP Integration for Construction Materials Company

"It was just their [Softlabs'] endeavor and their willingness to work with us that impressed me the most."

Jan 2014 - Jan 2016

SoftLabs was tapped for a number of software projects for a UK construction materials company, including contributing to the further development and integration of ERP modules for both web and mobile.

501 - 1000 employees

Belfast, Northern Ireland
Brian Law
IT Manager, FP McCann Ltd

The client decided that another company had better expertise for their specific needs moving forward, but over the course of the two-year partnership, SoftLabs showed ambition and proved very willing to work within the client's various constraints.

FP McCann is a large precast engineering and coring company which has 1,500 employees and a 180 million pound turnover annually. We engaged with Softlabs to do a number of software projects. I am the IT manager.

Initially, I traveled and met three software providers and vendors. We used Softlabs and NoodleSoft in India. Softlabs was involved in doing mobile applications. They came and spent some time over in our head office in Ireland getting to know the team and doing some work for us. We used them to develop some applications and to pitch in with their ERP [enterprise resource planning] system. Their operatives were available to us. We set them up with an office in India and had regular meetings with them. The applications were a combination of web based and mobile. It was for both Android and iOS. The ERP system was custom developed, so they were involved in the development of that using C#, .NET, ASP.NET, jQuery. Mithilesh Bandiwdekar is the organization principal. He’s the one responsible for coming to Ireland and allocating resources to us. He allocated two resources to us. They spent some time here and then went back to India to continue their work. We’re not using them anymore, but we did use them for a number of projects. We still use NoodleSoft in India because their expertise lends itself better to our projects.

How did you come to work with Softlabs?

I did a Google search and then we met up with Mithilesh. We had an appointment in his office and we took it from there.

How much have you invested with Softlabs?

We have spent 60,000 to 70,000 GBP [USD $80-93,000].

We started about two years ago. We’ve probably been finished with them for nine months. It wasn’t necessarily a reflection of their expertise. It’s just that the other company that we used in India was more cost effective in terms of ROI [return on investment]. We met with Softlabs in October - November 2013 and started in January 2014. We finished with them around January 2016.

In general, other than some of the applications in development, the mobile apps are certainly working. Some of the stuff they did on our app management system is still working, so their work is still in use.

How did Softlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

They were OK. I wouldn’t put them at the highest end. I understand they’ve come through a fairly big restructure since we last engaged with them, and I was pinging them recently regarding taking them on for some new work, which means they were pretty good. They were responsive. They worked hard and long to get the project completed. We have no major complaints with them.

What did you find most impressive about Softlabs?

Other than their endeavor, which was certainly there, I wouldn’t say their expertise in a certain area was above anything else. It was just their endeavor and their willingness to work with us that impressed me the most.

Are there any areas Softlabs could improve?

I would say that there were times when they struggled with certain aspects of the delivery, but they always got it delivered. Their deadlines were sometimes missed.

Overall Score I would say that our recent experience isn’t there, but historically, we used them. They helped us, and there were frustrations, which is normal with offshoring, but on the whole it was a fairly positive experience.
    They compared favorably to other companies that we used in India.
    They worked hard. They endeavored hard. Generally speaking, they got to where they needed to get to. They weren’t always on time, but by and large, they made most of their goals.

Custom Client Management Software for Utility

"With their [Softlabs'] approach, and the way they have managed the project, they have kept regularly in touch with us."

June 2015 - Ongoing

The project consisted of attempting to revamp a legacy customer management system, but Softlabs became tasked with creating a new system from scratch, with particular requirements for a regulated industry.

England
Operations Manager, Power Utility

The communication was good according to the client, but could have also been a bit better. The same goes for the project timeline. Overall, the client was happy with the product, technical documentation, and project management.

Our company is an electricity supplier and generator of renewable electricity. We’ve got about just under 800 kilowatts of generation capacity, and we’ve been managing around 45 clients so far.

I’m the Operations Manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with Softlabs?

We’ve partnered with Softlabs since May 2015 where we were using their services for their technical expertise in producing software that’ll help us with registrations and billing management. It was a software application for managing our customers. It was not a website; it was a registration database. I was just an internal application, but it was an application that actually communicates with other entities because all the suppliers in the UK in the electricity industry have to communicate through a data transfer network, so we have to make sure that the application which is developed has the rules and the configurations required for communicating in the language that’s actually regulated by the industry.

It was a system that was built from scratch, but we were using a previous system they had to reengineer. We initially attempted to revamp the old software that we were using, but it wasn’t really up to the mark. We decided, and it was a joint vision along with Softlabs, to build an application using the information that we had off our previous software and build an entirely new product.

The previous software that we were working on didn’t have certain documentation. It didn’t have the required configurations that we could use to enhance the system, so we had to build the product from scratch. Initially, we started off with about three to four software developers. That was when we were going through the requirement gathering phase. Once they understood the software and before we signed contracts with them, we decided to have a six to seven-member team where they had three software developers, one project lead, a senior project manager, and a director who was actually managing the entire software development.

How did you come to work with Softlabs?

We had an in house IT team of 10 to 15 people previously, before we started to outsource technical services, that consisted of about 6 to 7 developers and project managers, and we had about 2 project managers that were working on the software. We, however, decided in late 2014 to outsource the entire IT operations, and that’s why we had Softlabs at that time. We went through our due diligence process for suppliers and selected Softlabs to review the software.

How much have you invested with Softlabs?

We have spent between $50,000 and $200,000.

The project has completed phase one, so we are actually already live. We are using the software for managing our registrations currently. We have, however, commenced phase two, which is the customization and enhancement of the product, providing a more user-friendly environment, just going through the screens making sure that the software has the extra edge if you ever wanted to provide these services to additional suppliers. We just need to make sure that the product is up to the mark.

To be honest, when the project was scoped out to be completed in 12 months, although we had anticipated that it would be complete in 12 months’ time, as a client we expected the product to be probably delayed by at least 5 to 6 months simply because it was quite a complex operation. The previous in-house team that was actually managing the project probably took about more than a year and a half to get to where we are right now. Taking that into consideration, I think Softlabs have managed to complete what we have achieved in phase one in a considerable amount of time, and I think it’s quite commendable on their part where they have been able to manage to actually achieve most of the configuration and development in this short amount of time. We are still working with them to provide the additional enhancement and functionality for phase two, but the phase one development and configurations that they have so far already produced is far more commendable considering our previous experience with our in-house IT team before.

How did Softlabs perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management, to be honest, was a combined effort. I think I’ll be honest and say that the project management was a joint effort from us as a client and Softlabs. We needed that because Softlabs is new to the electricity industry, and so we did not want to actually take a chance by providing them with the complete control of project management. We did have a fair bit of tasks in overall project management to make sure that the milestones at every stage were achieved. However, in saying that, they did keep to most of the milestones. If there were delays, they were delays that we could easily absorb, and they did not actually hamper the overall progress of the development.

What did you find most impressive about Softlabs?

I would like to say that I think the communication overall is pretty alright because one of the major issues that we had initially, especially with the project manager, is communication. As a client, we were never kept informed with the previous IT team that we were working with, and there is always this gap in communication between the developers and us as a client. Sometimes, there is a misunderstanding of what we would like in a module or in a particular form and what the developers think that it should be, and I think it’s only until very late in the project that they are made aware of it. I think that with their approach, and the way they have managed the project, they have kept regularly in touch with us. If I’m not mistaken, they have also been using the MVC [model-view-controller] architecture, which provides us with a customer view of what the application would look like. That provided us with the end user interface that we can actually assess and review constantly, and provide them with the feedback that was required in case there were any changes. Overall, the communication was excellent, and that’s why we managed to complete phase one and commence with phase two.

Are there any areas Softlabs could improve?

Even though the communication was good, I think it can still be far better. I think the project manager probably could provide us with weekly updates more often and probably work with us to achieve the goals that were set for every two weeks. I think if that was kept a lot more up to date, it would have been far better. Overall, the communication was good; it’s just me asking for a little bit more.

Overall Score It took them about two to three months to understand what is required, but once they understood our requirements, I think they have been very productive in terms of actually completing the project. Overall, we’re pretty happy with the service provided.
    They have kept to most of the deadlines. There were a few hiccups here and there, but they kept most of the deadlines.
    I think it’s fair enough.
    Softlabs has given a lot of importance in providing us with the technical documentation and the SRS documents, and providing us with both the user and system manuals that were required for maintenance and upkeep. They worked hard to get this.
    We’ve been pretty happy so far with the partnership with this company.