If you ain't the lead dog, scenery never changes

Omni-channel commerce & mobile custom solutions and consultancy. Magento Enterprise Partner, with certified specialists on board we can support most challenging and demanding projects.

2006
Poznan, Poland

MARS, eobuwie.pl SA
efootwear.eu Image

efootwear.eu

Magento Commerce (formerly known as Enterprise) powering one of the biggest cross-border and omni-channel show/fashion store in CE region. Implemented and maintained for eobuwie.pl SA. Awarded in Las Vegas 2018 as the Most Innovative Consumer Experience.

Web Development for Creative Ad Agency

"They provided everything that we asked for and were always on top of communicating and delivering a really good product at the end."

SNOWDOG was hired to do software development for a branding agency, primarily focusing on Magento and WordPress.

Greater San Diego Area
Digital Director, Branding Agency

SNOWDOG received mostly positive ratings across the board. The quality of the product they delivered as well as their ability to stick to the project timeline were two of their biggest strengths.

We are a creative ad agency. We primarily work on branding, messaging, and web design services. We've been working with SNOWDOG for a couple years now. They did a lot of our initial web development projects and some of our more robust e-commerce solutions as well.

I am the Digital Director here. I oversee all of our digital initiatives, primarily building websites and launching marketing campaigns.

What challenge were you trying to address with SNOWDOG?

One particular challenge was for one of our clients integrating into their ERP [enterprise resource planning] system which was outdated, but also talking between Magento, that ERP system, and then a third party that connects all three of them. It was a really complicated process where we had three different developers, and SNOWDOG helped with all of the documentation and planning.

The scope is development with either WordPress or Magento, primarily focusing on Magento, doing a full design conversion, doing the architecture, pretty much hosting and setting up development production servers for us, and really just pushing everything out. They have a customized feedback portal that allowed us to go in and be able to do QA [quality assurance] on all of our projects. We could put a response in and it would provide us feedback and answer any questions. It was a really nice, streamlined process for us.

How did you come to work with SNOWDOG?

I don't actually know that because they started with us before I came on board. It might have been a referral or it might have been just found on the web.

How much have you invested with SNOWDOG?

Most projects have been between $15,000 and $20,000. The more complex builds have been significantly more.

We are not working with them at the moment, but we would if any projects come up. The last time we worked with them was in January of last year. They were doing some QA for us.

We don't really have any metrics, other than the fact that they built that portal for us. That was pretty much what tracked all of the engagements and the back-and-forth.

How did SNOWDOG perform from a project management standpoint?

Good. They obviously provided us with a tool to help us streamline our feedback and QA process. They were always good with communication. From my understanding, no deadlines were ever missed outside of anything that was related to the client pushing back. They were always good at being on time, delivering what we asked for, and answering any questions.

What did you find most impressive about SNOWDOG?

They're really good at what they do, which is Magento and e-commerce development. I think if I have any project related to Magento or e-commerce solutions, they are, in my mind, the first company I would ever go to for developing Magento websites.

Are there any areas SNOWDOG could improve?

Not that I know of. It's really good. Maybe they could have been cheaper if they wanted to be.

Overall Score It's an aggregate of everything else.
    Really good. They gave us a portal to make sure all feedback and timelines are met, and knew where they were in each step of the way. They were also good at keeping in touch with communication.
    At the beginning, it was really cost effective, but towards the end, I think it started to increase more so it wasn't becoming as cost effective. They're still good for what they do and what they charge.
    They provided everything that we asked for, and were always on top of communicating and delivering a really good product at the end.
    We loved using them. I couldn't see anybody not liking them.

Development for E-commerce Solution Company

"Their entire staff is always encouraged to keep getting better and better, whether through training or new challenges..."

SNOWDOG was hired to do Magento development for an e-commerce website development company. Their services expanded into developing on iOS and Android platforms.

Portland, Maine
Robert Giovannini
CEO, IronPlane

The client has had a four year relationship with SNOWDOG, and continues to work with them as their primary developers. The client noted the expertise and knowledge they bring to every project they're involved with.

IronPlane is a full-service e-commerce website development company. I am the owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with SNOWDOG?

We were looking for the best Magento developers to partner with us, and so we discovered SNOWDOG. We wanted a reliable team that had a deep knowledge of Magento and understood what it takes to run complex projects. We started off with a small project and have since grown rapidly with them. SNOWDOG is a phenomenal company; well run and well managed. They hire only the best on their team to a point where we exclusively use them for our development work.

It’s very specific. We do Magento website development, and iOS and Android development. I work closely with their owner to scope out complex projects. We then work with their development team and their project architects to further refine that. From there, we go back and forth between my core team and the team that manages the tasks and executes on the projects and milestones.

How did you come to work with SNOWDOG?

They did the work on a particular Magento extension years ago. They were core in building that extension for another company, and I asked that company who did it because I really was impressed with the quality I saw.

How much have you invested with SNOWDOG?

We probably do 50 plus projects with them a year. Unfortunately, we don’t release any figures.

We discovered them four years ago. It’s to a point where we communicate every 20 minutes.

If you go to my site, IronPlane.com, and look under Our Work, you’ll see a couple of case studies. That would probably give you the best overall. We probably have about a 95% retention rate. We land a project, we do the work, and then they do our hosting and maintenance support agreements and stay with us year after year.

How did SNOWDOG perform from a project management standpoint?

Excellent. Very involved and very disciplined.

What did you find most impressive about SNOWDOG?

I think there’s three really important points to note here. One is that they are a dedicated Magento development shop. They’re not spread too thin; they are a deep-dive in terms of expertise. The owner was named one of 20 Magento masters by Magento, out of thousands of potential candidates this year. They run an organization that is very education-oriented. Their entire staff is always encouraged to keep getting better and better, whether through training or new challenges and such.

Are there any areas SNOWDOG could improve?

Like any company that’s good and growing, they continue to deal with challenges of how to keep the service level where it is, or improve it while also scaling the business. That’s a great challenge to have. We all struggle with that, which is good.