Mobile app development. 4 weeks. 1 flat fee.

Custom Mobile App Development. 4 Weeks. 1 Flat Fee.

We’re a Chicago-based team that believes building a mobile app for your business should be simple, fast and affordable. Our development approach helps us build amazing experiences at a fraction of the cost of a typical agency. When you’re ready to develop a mobile app for your business, come build “awesome” with us.

Chicago, IL
headquaters
  • SnapMobile
    220 W Huron St #2003
    Chicago, IL 60654
    312.642.3502

Spikeball, Mitsubishi, Hilton, Pop-A-Shot, Creative Group Horizons for Youth, Chicago Sport & Social, Insureon (Insurance agency), Maple & Ash (High-end steakhouse), Kimpton, FC Valet (Valet & hospitality), Edelman, Chicago Leadership Alliance, InTech (Association), FastMore Logistics, MyBody Tutor

Spikeball

Spikeball, a Shark-Tank featured game played by over 1,000,000 people across the US, developed a community-based mobile app for their players.

ByeLine

ByeLine, an event ticketing company, developed a mobile app for users to purchase tickets and skip lines for premier events.

Insurance

A Chicago-based insurance broker developed a mobile app to provide on the spot insurance quotes for clients and brokers.

Kimpton Hotels

Kimpton Hotels, a national hotel and restaurant group, developed a mobile app to manage their beverage program.

Maple & Ash Steakhouse

Maple & Ash, a high-end steakhouse in Chicago, developed a mobile app as a concierge service for premier dinner and drink guests.

Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi Machine Tool, a manufacturer of metalworking and metal fabrication machines, developed a mobile for their national salesforce

App Dev for Lifestyle App

"They performed exactly like they said they would, and I was happy with everything."

Dec. 2016 - Apr. 2017

SnapMobile led development of an iOS and Android app after a past outsourced development engagement yielded poor results. They focused on simple notifications which prompt personal, holistic wellness decisions.

Kevin Johnson
Owner, Real People International

SnapMobile values true understanding of an app’s ultimate purpose, not just selling their services. Their deliverables are high-quality and stable. The SnapMobile team acted as generous consultants in encouraging new ideas and direction, and delivered exactly what was promised, on time.

I am the owner of Real People International. We have developed an app called Xentelife, which connects people to what matters.

What challenge were you trying to address with SnapMobile?

I had worked with a firm in India for developing the app, but it was somewhat of a nightmare. I had to make the decision to bring it back Stateside and have another partner rebuild the app. The purpose of the app is to help people really connect to the things which we usually put aside. Most people are focused on careers, and trying to make a living, but this app enables them to connect with family and friends. There is a component which addresses users’ careers, but the main idea is helping them reach holistic success, which not only includes the professional side, but every other aspect of their lives. Most people want to do the right thing, but they often need a bit of help.

The scope included everything from an initial consultation, to design and development. Although I had gone through this process with the team in India, but I couldn’t reuse any of the work done there. SnapMobile’s developed an onboard assessment functionality which helps users see how well they’re connecting to others at a given time, as well as automatic notifications which remind them to connect with friends and significant others. The app’s engine not only assesses where the user stands, but also allows them to connect to others based on what they score on that assessment. There is a human avatar which serves as a visual representation of results. The platform is available on iOS and Android.

The idea behind the new development run was to keep the app simple, and focus on notifications. Unlike Facebook and other social media platforms, my app is more of a tool which prompts users to make a connection with their community or whatever other aspect they wish to enhance. There are media-sharing functionalities as with any social app, but it works more as a private network with a focus on improving relationships. Users can set up specific groups of people, and after that point, everything they do will only engage that group. The intention was not to make the platform into the destination, but rather to have real-life connections be the destination. SnapMobile delivered everything I wanted, without necessarily drawing me into the existing social media rat race.

How did you come to work with SnapMobile?

I was desperate to find a Stateside partner after my bad experience with the team in India, and I started dialing around. I somewhat stumbled upon SnapMobile while making calls to different people. They were the most responsive, got back to me in a timely manner, followed up, and set up a meeting at their office. After a discussion with the owner of SnapMobile, I became comfortable with his style and approach in handling the client. They weren’t just trying to sell me their services, but really wanted to understand what it was I was trying to accomplish. Only then did the ideation process start.

How much have you invested with SnapMobile?

The cost of their work was $30,000. SnapMobile understood that I was just an individual trying to do something for the greater good, and that it was a large sum of money for me. I believe that the project should have cost a lot more.

I started working with SnapMobile around December 2016. The app was completed in March or April 2017. I plan to have an ongoing relationship with them, and we have an upcoming meeting during which we’ll discuss taking it to the next level. The app has been brought to a stable level, but I want to add a few more elements which will engage the users in a slightly different way.

I have also written a book, and decided to slow-roll the whole process until its release. I am in the process of putting everything together in order to have an effective impact.

I also wanted to ensure that the platform would be stable, since I wasn’t going to put it out in the marketplace if it didn’t do exactly what I said it would.

How did SnapMobile perform from a project management standpoint?

They have done exactly what was promised, within the timeline promised. If something would vary at all, SnapMobile communicated with me, explaining what was going on and why. This was completely different to my previous experience. We had weekly check-ins for updates on where the development was, and any challenges which occurred.

What did you find most impressive about SnapMobile?

SnapMobile helped me take new directions in order to engage with potential clients more. They were consultative, and put me at ease when I needed to make a new investment in the development. All the money I’d spent overseas was wasted, but SnapMobile made it easier for me to move forward with them. It was one of the best decisions I’ve made, and every aspect was delivered to my liking.

They confirmed that they understood what I was trying to accomplish. Once that was locked down, SnapMobile did exactly what was agreed upon.

Are there any areas SnapMobile could improve?

None at all. They performed exactly like they said they would, and I was happy with everything.

They delivered according to the original timing and plan.
    The value, for what I paid, was tremendous.
    SnapMobile made sure that everything delivered to me was checked and functional. This was unlike the previous experience I had, where I was the problem-finder.

App Development for Health Organization

"SnapMobile is really good and very clear with expectations. They’re very nitpicky on details, which is awesome."

July 2016 - Ongoing

SnapMobile improved and rebuilt a health mobile app that focuses on encouraging and influencing its users to increase their personal health.

Executive Director, Chicago Black Gay Men’s Caucus

SnapMobile's clear communication and level of engagement in the process stood out.

I am executive director of Chicago Black Gay Men’s Caucus, a local community-building and advocacy organization. We focus on increasing the health equity that black gay, bisexual, and transgender men experience in Chicago.

What challenge were you trying to address with SnapMobile?

Our mobile app is a new attempt for public health industry to meet mobile app technology and really utilize it. Our app aims to influence certain daily behaviors to increase one’s personal health. There are fitness apps out there. There are diet apps out there. There are other things out there, but ours is really about sexual health. This was very specific. We’re talking about HIV and STDs, a pretty specific part of overall health that isn’t reflected in a lot of apps out there. What we did see reflected were different research and academic institutions that were attempting to reflect existing interventions through their apps. We tried looking to them as examples of what to bounce off of, but the problem was that they were made almost in a laboratory. They had a research starting point and we’re a little less concerned with actual uptake in the wild. We wanted to start from the other perspective where we say, “How will this actually be used in someone’s hands while still talking about a subject that many times may not actually be that sexy and not as fun from out of the box?”

The reason why I said all of that is, if there were existing apps that lived in that landscape for us, we would have something to start from. But many times, it felt like we were starting from scratch. We don’t really have a lot of examples. From what I understand, that’s good and bad. It’s bad because we’re a little blind in some areas, but it’s good because we’re filling a need that isn’t being addressed right now. All of that would necessitate a developer who is ready for that challenge. We wanted someone who isn’t merely going to take marching orders or just give us this basic app that looks like a lot of different apps. There’s such a landscape out there that it’s really hard to figure out where to start. I knew nothing about the industry. I knew that my funders were very interested in new media, as a lot of people are right now. So the challenge in front of us was: “How do we translate our sexual and reproductive health expertise into that type of platform in a way that our users would be interested in?”

We had another mobile app developer and they were working with our mobile app. Unfortunately, I knew that this was not their forte so I had to go further than my expertise was. I’m not saying this very well, but that’s not my industry; that’s not my training. It’s not possible for me to know what industry standards are, know what best practices are when it comes to development, particularly the layout and architecture of the app. I didn’t know what any of these things meant a couple years ago when I started working with that first company. It turned out that they were not able to fulfill multiple deadlines that I would have for this year. I was in a queue behind a lot of their other clients so they weren’t going to be able to meet these deadlines anytime soon. I hate to say it this way, so hopefully you’re not taking me verbatim, but it ended up being the final straw. It finally motivated me to go after a company that had this as their expertise so that I wouldn’t be expected to go beyond what was mine.

The project had different phases and SnapMobile stepped into a moving train. We already had a product that was almost where we needed it to be, but in other ways not at all what we needed it to be. They very honest with me and said, “Okay, for it to exist the way that you’d like it to, we need to rebuild this. We can emulate what is already there, but we need to rebuild it. Along the way, we’ll notice some things and we’ll give you some feedback.” That process took a couple of weeks. It was very fast compared to what I was used to. We’re using Basecamp and I have it on my phone. They would talk to me and I could respond immediately. All of that made it very quick.

How did you come to work with SnapMobile?

Before I was promoted, I was put in touch with SnapMobile through a former supervisor. He had a connection with them and knew them. You understand this, that is probably why Clutch exists. When I was trying to prospect for developers, it was hard for me because I had learned about the industry but I was drowning in dozens of options. I don’t remember exactly where I saw SnapMobile, but I remember seeing a listing that said they were fast. That caught my eye. But I know from past experience sometimes fast is not always best and that you get what you pay for, also.

How much have you invested with SnapMobile?

At this point, we’ve paid between $10,000 and $50,000 for their services.

We started in August 2016. The project is ongoing.

Because of the last developer I had, I was still in this mode of “I know what my goals are, let me tell you what I think we can do to fulfill that.” It’s been liberating for me to be able to pull back from that. I have these goals and I have some sense of what my community is interested in because they would be the main target audience. I can ask SnapMobile, “Do you have any ideas of how we could represent this, what functionality attends to it, what timeline we have, and what cost we have?” All of that was a really seamless process.

During our initial meeting, I was very impressed by the speed at which it seemed like they would be able to deliver. They just seemed like they had a really tight ship. They had a lot of things I was looking for in-house and they seemed to be speaking the same language. There wasn’t any kind of shaming for me not knowing the terminology. They were able to translate things for me. They weren’t afraid of pushback. Because I’m a one-person staff, that is very exciting. I need to be able to put out an idea and have an honest response about whether or not it’s going to fly. For example, when I originally was laying out the structure, I had tons of notifications in there. This was really funny because an app that would trigger off all these multiple notifications is not something that I would personally use. They were able to be very friendly, firm, and very honest about the best practice that would help me achieve my goals.

Also, I needed a certain level of this project to be completed by the end of the year, around November. I needed to have user response and community response data to look at before the year is out. The actual product needs to be out as soon as possible. I thought it would take a month and then they give it to me in 2 or 3 weeks. What SnapMobile has been able to give me logistically was that they fit into my timeline very well. They’ll end up waiting on me, which is a great way to feel. It feels like I’m in control.

How did SnapMobile perform from a project management standpoint?

suSnapMobile is really good and very clear with expectations. They’re very nitpicky on details, which is awesome. I’ll get these messages and they’re like, “This might be a random question.” I’m like, “No, this is an awesome question. I love this.” I’ve been on Basecamp for other projects before, but I’ve never really taken it that seriously. I’m like, “Oh yeah, there was a message somewhere.” This time, I’m looking at their messages all the time.

There have been a couple of points where there was one detail that I’m expecting a response on, but they don’t actually tell me. I don’t end up being upset about that because they figured it out on their end. I’m used to being looped in and I don’t think I actually need to be looped in sometimes. I’m still learning how to make this, so they’re helping me understand how this process should work. It actually feels much more comfortable than it was with my past developer.

Somehow, they’ve kept me very engaged and very informed. If I have a question, they will come back to it very quickly. As an aside, I think they apologize too much because they have not given me any issues. Even the thing I was talking about before with not letting me know stuff, that’s based on my expectations that actually I was taught by somebody else. In some ways, they’re undoing that, which is actually good. I don’t need to be involved with all the nitty gritty.

What did you find most impressive about SnapMobile?

I’ll tell you a couple of things. First, I really appreciated that all the people I was interacting with at SnapMobile were women, from the project manager to the engineers to the project assistants. It’s felt really awesome in that way. We’re social justice oriented. For me to see women in that type of industry who are running the show, who are very capable and know what they’re doing, is a signal to me about the values of that organization. That seems very exciting. I don’t mean that in a glib way. I’m working in a gay organization, so it’s something that’s on my mind. As a community service organization, I have to think about how will I be received. When we talk about sexual health, we’re talking about very intimate things, some would say graphic even. We have to go with people’s actual lives. We know that untreated HIV down the road has these really dire consequences on someone’s health and on their livelihood. So we need to get in there and be honest about what’s happening up front. They have never been weird with me. They have always met me exactly with what I’m talking about. The conversations have been very comfortable.

The second thing is that the atmosphere that they have is not intimidating. Because this is not my industry, I have a certain trepidation about talking too much and sounding stupid or not actually being able to communicate what I’m looking for. We’ve never had those issues. I’ve never felt talked down to. It’s like the fear of talking to the computer engineer when your computer is broken. That’s always the deal whenever it’s the hardware. It’s always assumed that you did something wrong and they’ll always make you feel stupid. You didn’t do something right. That’s a lingering fear, and it could not be further from the truth when working with them.

Are there any areas SnapMobile could improve?

None that I can think of. I would have to think for a while to think of anything I’d want to change.

That’s not to say that every deadline that we put together at the beginning was met. It’s that we’ve had communication along the way to make everything make sense and to work. My expectations were managed very well.
    When I’ve shopped around, it does seem like I kept hitting people who were quoting me much higher for what I wanted to do.
    These are the people you need to talk to.

App Development for Food and Drink Startup

"The SnapMobile team comes up with new ideas and seems very invested in the project themselves."

June 2016 - Ongoing

SnapMobile developed a mobile app that allows users to buy a ticket to avoid standing in line at bars.

Adriana Hassan
Co-Founder, ByeLine

The app has over 900 users and has earned almost $40,000. SnapMobile was lauded for their great project management, communication and innovative ideas for this project.

I am the co-founder of ByeLine. It’s a tech service that allows you to buy a ticket to skip a line at a bar.

What challenge were you trying to address with SnapMobile?

We are a startup company, so we were looking for someone who was affordable. We wanted to build a close relationship and then maintain that after the app is built. It wasn’t just a one-time deal.

SnapMobile created an iPhone and Android app. It integrates with Facebook. Users would purchase a ticket on the app. Upon arrival at a venue, they could scan the barcode there and that would redeem the ticket. Each venue has its own individual barcode. A ticket could only be used once and it would be individualized per customer. We also have a back-end database that could input how many tickets were available, price, and such for each venue. We use Braintree to handle all of the processing and purchasing. When we find bugs, we quickly discuss those with SnapMobile and they fix it. We work together to see how to best improve the app.

How did you come to work with SnapMobile?

I was looking on your website and seeing all the different reviews. Theirs looked really great. They looked new, so they were aligned with our values that we were new. SnapMobile was willing to work with us. We gave them a call and they were very interested in discussing and planning things out with us.

How much have you invested with SnapMobile?

We’ve paid $10,000 to $50,000 for their services.

We started the project in June 2016. It’s ongoing.

The app currently has over 900 users and we have processed almost $40,000. We’ve received positive feedback from all of our users.

How did SnapMobile perform from a project management standpoint?

SnapMobile are great to work with and straightforward. They are very easy to reach. They work through a platform called Basecamp. It’s very cooperative and team dynamic-oriented. They are great.

What did you find most impressive about SnapMobile?

I thought they were very personable. We’re comfortable going to them and discussing any issues that we have. They give us options as well. The SnapMobile team comes up with new ideas and seems very invested in the project themselves.

Are there any areas SnapMobile could improve?

It would be great if they could give a more detailed timeline. I know that’s something they are working on right now. It would be nice to know exactly from day 1 what we have to do and when we have to do it. That would let us help them best. Sometimes, things were a bit slow because our company did not know or realize that we had to do certain things. That would be the only thing.

App Development for Firewood Delivery Company

"I appreciate SnapMobile's response time and their generosity. They're happy people, a real pleasure to work with."

Spring 2016 - Ongoing

SnapMobile developed a mobile app that organizes their sales database and facilitates sales and payments.

Greater Chicago Area
Daniel Sulaski
Founder, Dan Dan the Woodman

SnapMobile's team was responsive, fair and helpful throughout the project.

I’m the founder of Dan Dan the Woodman. It is a firewood delivery company I set up about 8 years ago.

What challenge were you trying to address with SnapMobile?

Over the last couple of years, I've been trying to introduce a little bit of technology to my business. I had a website, which is rare for most companies in the industry. However, it wasn't driving anybody to place orders or giving them payment options. We were doing everything the old-school way: a lot of phone calls, processing checks, cash, a lot of handouts, and a lot of bad information. I didn't have an organized database. I was just living off my cell phone contacts. I also did a lot of advertising, if you will, on Craigslist and simple things like that in order to get the word out about my business.

For the database, I gave SnapMobile a sales spreadsheet and they worked their own magic on it to create a mobile app for it.

We also have an app now. It's available for Apple and Android devices. I think the biggest challenge is getting the app on people's devices without a huge marketing budget, at least initially. I hope ultimately they'll have it out there. We've only been doing this for a couple of weeks now because I'm a seasonal business. We worked out a couple of kinks with the functionality. Surprisingly, there were very few of those, more or less user errors. Everything else seems to be in order. SnapMobile is using the Braintree payment system, which is working fine. The fees are reasonable and so far, things have been easily processed.

How did you come to work with SnapMobile?

My brother is a good friend of Andy Mack, the owner of SnapMobile. We had a face to face meeting and he said, “We can make your life a lot better. These people, once they find you, could place an order and pay you. You'll have their address and everything you need.” And he was right.

How much have you invested with SnapMobile?

I’ve paid around $10,000 for this project.

We started it in the spring. We didn't have a whole lot of urgency because there was nothing to do back then. They said they would normally charge a monthly fee but they weren’t going to do that until we had some traction and users. That obviously hasn't happened yet. I think the next 30 to 60 days will be really interesting.

We had about 25 users over the last 7 to 10 days. It's going to be very hard to judge impact until around Thanksgiving. We usually don't do a lot of business in firewood sales at this time of year and Halloween. The people who’ve used the app were a hell of a lot easier than my old-school way of doing business. I'm ecstatic about our first big week. I followed up with everybody through the messaging portion of the app and with texts. I got rave reviews about how easy it was and how simple it was. It's also nice that I know that they've already paid so that I don't have to chase people for money. I don't have to chase my delivery drivers. It's giving me exactly the data that I need.

How did SnapMobile perform from a project management standpoint?

Tip-top, 10 out of 10. I've worked with 4 of 5 different people at SnapMobile through different portions of the whole process. They've all been fantastic. When I went to close off the app and saw the presentation from the whole Snap team, it was done professionally.

What did you find most impressive about SnapMobile?

I have nothing but good things to say about SnapMobile and the whole team; they've been very fair. They said, “We're not going to get carried away and bankrupt you for the next 6 months when you're not in business.” I was, to be honest, a little nervous about it. This thing is going to cost me 3 grand and I'm not even going to touch it. Now that I'm involved and engaged in it, I think we have great sunny skies ahead.

I appreciate SnapMobile's response time and their generosity. They're happy people, a real pleasure to work with. I'm ecstatic that my brother introduced me to Andy. I've worked with Angela and Sophia and a couple of other people and it was absolutely fantastic.

Are there any areas SnapMobile could improve?

I haven't seen anything that leads me to think that. I don't have a whole lot of other things to compare them to in this space. If I uncover something later, I’ll let you know.

Overall Score They were good.
    They said, “We won’t charge you a monthly fee when you're not using it.” They were very fair about that.
    In a heartbeat, I would recommend them to any small or large business.

App Development for Mobile Car Wash

"They [SnapMobile] say it like it is. I like their common sense approach to things."

The client hired SnapMobile to develop their app with e-commerce capabilities. The client created the designs for the app and SnapMobile did the rest.

CEO, Sparkl

SnapMobile contributed to an app that functioned well and received great feedback from its testers. Throughout the project, SnapMobile met all their deadlines. The client praised the agency for their humility, honesty, and responsiveness.

We're a mobile car wash. We developed an app that allows users to register and schedule a car wash anytime and anywhere.

We are also working with local retailers and local businesses to have a presence in their parking lots so people ca have their cars washed no matter where they are.

I am the founder and CEO of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with SnapMobile?

We needed someone to develop an app with e-commerce capabilities. It would store information – all their personal information, such as their name, address, phone, type of vehicle, location, and credit card information – because they would get charged automatically when they receive their service. That's the whole point. The ease of using our app is you don't even have to be there. You don't have to worry about payments.

I passed on our designs and SnapMobile designed the iOS and Android apps from there. They were able to make the app look pretty and consistent with our website.

It looks great. Right now, it's in the process of being approved by Apple. They were involved in the testing, and they did their own beta testing. They were very thorough, and I would highly recommend them to anyone else that's looking to do something like this.

How did you come to work with SnapMobile?

We needed someone to develop the app. After talking to three or four companies, we liked SnapMobile. Not only do they provide the same service for a significantly lower cost, but they are extremely responsive and very attentive to our needs. We wanted to develop an app for both iOS and Android, and they were willing to do that at the same time, where many of these other companies won't. They will only develop one first, and then they would charge you the same amount of money to develop the second one, even though they're very similar.

It cost around $20,000 for both the iOS and Android apps. Then, with an ongoing fee of $850 a month for maintenance and minor edits.

It's ongoing.

It's very early, but our testers thought it was phenomenal. It's very easy to use and effective.

How did SnapMobile perform from a project management standpoint?

SnapMobile was great. We're all on Basecamp, so they updated us constantly. They met all the deadlines. If they knew there was going to be a slight delay for whatever reason, we were informed well ahead of time. It would never get where we were hunting them down, trying to see what progress has been made, or what the status is. qThey were always on top of it. I can't complain at all. Overall, they were very responsive.

If we had questions, I would get a response back within an hour. I know that they have other clients as well. What I liked about them is that they don't bite off more than they can chew. They made that clear. They have the time for us they are setting aside. They gave us an estimated timeline for what we wanted to created, and they told us they are dedicated to us during that time. They were extremely responsive to our needs.

What distinguishes SnapMobile from other providers?

SnapMobile are very humble and honest. The main difference between them and everyone else I talked to is the cost. They say it like it is. I like their common sense approach to things.

Is there anything SnapMobile could have improved or done differently?

I wish we could pivot more quickly whenever we changed our mind about how we wanted something to be. We've changed directions a few times and, sometimes, they were accommodating but, sometimes, they were not. We would have to wait until the next round, and we'll have to wait until about four to six weeks after we launch. They've definitely delivered on what they told us they would.

App Development for Business Social Network

"They [SnapMobile] keep me updated, and they understood my concept well and translated it into an actual working prototype."

June 2015 - Ongoing

SnapMobile acts as the client’s CTO. They contributed significantly to the development of iOS and Android apps and continue to provide support post-launch.

Conor Leamy
Founder, Boardhero

SnapMobile contributed to an app that functions well and has received positive feedback from its users. The agency is recommended to others for their attentiveness, responsiveness, and investment in their clients’ success.

My company is BoardHero. It's a mobile application platform that allows users, specifically entrepreneurs to locate, incentivize, and recruit experts from their local specific industry or community. It allows them to do that through the app and create a personal board of advisors. They have an intimate and close connection with a group of people who can answer questions, ask questions regarding their specific business, and recruit leaders from different backgrounds, finance marketing, and technology to collaborate in a digital form, which is all done through the app.

I am a founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with SnapMobile?

As a founder, I was trying to build the app without raising a significant round of investment early on. Getting a product off the ground without a CTO partner was difficult to do, but SnapMobile provided the solution for me to get a working prototype quickly. They act as my CTO.

They played an integral role in the development of the iOS and Android apps. I provided most of the logos, designs, and themes. They certainly provided some guidance there as well. They provided good strategic-level advisory work with regard to the product and product management side of it as well as to the actual build of the application.

How did you come to work with SnapMobile?

I've known their founder and CEO, Andy Mack, for a long time. SnapMobile is one of the best in Chicago in terms of high-quality application development work at a price point that's reasonable for start-up founders.

At this point, it's between $10,000 and $15,000.

I'm still working with them. The bulk of their work has been done already. They'll provide some support function post-launch, and the application is still running on their back-end systems.

It's a little early, but we've had a group of beta testers on it. We've gotten good feedback from users, and the app is working really well.

How did SnapMobile perform from a project management standpoint?

SnapMobile's project management is very good. They are highly attentive and very responsive. They keep me updated, and they understood my concept well and translated it into an actual working prototype. They are a very strong team.

What distinguishes SnapMobile from other providers?

They have a general vested interest in the success of each business. You can tell that they believe in it and get excited about it as well. Having that in a tech partner is important, and they've been able to do a great job there.

Is there anything SnapMobile could have improved or done differently?

I think they've already improved drastically throughout the process. Granted, I was one of their first clients in terms of joining them pretty soon after they launched. They continue to get better in terms of the capabilities that they offer. I learned a little bit about what they could do and what they couldn't do along the way and understanding that more up front would have been helpful. But, they've done a tremendous job, and that was more of a function of me looking up at them at the very early inception of the business.

App Development for Real Estate Startup

"Everything SnapMobile has done for us and how they have executed it has been spot on."

SnapMobile acted as the client’s technological partner throughout the creation of their app, handling everything from mockups and UX strategy to testing and updating.

Austin Metro Area
Brandon Lewin
CMO, DAT Street

SnapMobile’s contributions resulted in an app that received positive feedback in its beta stage. The agency is praised for their transparency and their willingness to explain technological concepts along the way. SnapMobile is recommended to others.

My company's called DAT Street. We are a real estate app.

I am the co-founder and CMO [chief marketing officer] of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with SnapMobile?

My business partner and I had an idea for an app, and we needed someone to guide us through the process of creating it. We turned to Andy [Mack, co-founder chief executive officer] and Brandon [Passley, co-founder chief technology officer] at SnapMobile and, they helped us put together everything from the ground up. It's been a fantastic journey with them.

SnapMobile has been our technology partner. They've done everything from that standpoint. We told them what we wanted from a functionality standpoint, and we created some of the branding and design. They took us from concept to creating mockups, talking through how the user experience will be as the app is created. Then as soon as we worked out some kinks, they developed a prototype. After they did testing and some updating, SnapMobile helped us launch the app. We're in the app stores and giving it out for beta testing. It's for Android and iOS.

How did you come to work with SnapMobile?

Andy and I have known each other for years through business networking, and we developed a friendship through that.

The project was in the $10,000 to $50,000 price range.

It's ongoing.

We're just getting through the part of the beta launch, so we're getting beta testers now. We have shown the app to a few people and everyone's response has been very positive. They've been impressed. It's easy to use. We haven't started charging for it yet.

How did SnapMobile perform from a project management standpoint?

The SnapMobile team was fantastic. I couldn't ask for a better partner or a better experience. They've really helped explain a lot of stuff more so to my business partner who's very much not technologically savvy. Helping him get an understanding of how things are going to work. They have been really transparent through the whole process. They've held our hands, which I believe is helpful.

What distinguishes SnapMobile from other providers?

I've never worked with someone from an app standpoint. But, I have worked with people on websites and other technology areas. They do a fantastic job of explaining everything in layman's terms. They are very transparent throughout the whole process. It's easy and painless. There's really no complaints. What separates them is their process, transparency, and personalities. It comes down to the people involved in the project and how they take it on as a personal endeavor.

Is there anything SnapMobile could have improved or done differently?

I can't think of anything. Everything SnapMobile has done for us and how they have executed it has been spot on. I don't think they could do anything better. I've tried to be the devil's advocate as a friend of Andy's to help him out with it, and I've had the hardest time finding something to give him suggestions and things he could tweak.

App Development for Marketing Agency

"They [SnapMobile] try to figure out what's best for our company and our relationship."

The client hired SnapMobile to design and develop their iOS and Android apps, which included work on a wide variety of tools and functionalities.

Patrick McGinn
Senior Account Manager, IMI Agency

SnapMobile’s work is not yet finished, but the apps have already received attention and created opportunities for the client. The agency is praised for their excellent project management and enthusiasm for providing the optimal solution for their client.

IMI Agency is a third-party agency between hotels, bars, and restaurant on-premise chains and beer, wine, and spirit suppliers in the hospitality area. We work to create partnerships between restaurants and beverage providers.

I am a senior account manager

What business challenge were you trying to address with SnapMobile?

We are working with SnapMobile to create a tool that will help these clients in the training world. As you can imagine in restaurants and bars it is very important for servers and bartenders to increase their education on the beer, wine, and spirits to be able to sell more which makes more money into their pocket as well as for the restaurant and bar as well as for the beer, wine, and spirit suppliers. If everyone learns more tips on how to upsell product and guide the consumers to a higher price product or teaching them about what's on the wine list or on the cocktail list the better it is for everybody.

When I came to work with SnapMobile, I brought them the idea, and I brought them the thought of how the iOS and Android apps would be utilized. I was able to work with them on what I was looking for and they took it from there the correct path on how an end user would be utilizing this technology. They also helped us to develop other tools and functionalities of the app that would help in the goal of increasing training and knowledge about the brands and the educational assets that our clients have. They fully designed and developed the mobile apps. They included a login functionality, which allows for different access levels between the users. They are adding a quiz functionality and a library of content for users to learn.

How did you come to work with SnapMobile?

Being in the Chicago market, I did some research on the different app companies in the area. We worked with partners within SnapMobile before and really enjoyed their way of doing business. We started a conversation, and it's gone from there.

Both apps together cost between $10,000 and $50,000.

It's ongoing.

The apps are still in development, but I've had conversations with multiple other clients that are very interested in having a similar app and be able to take that technology and see what they can do from their company's perspective. It's creating more opportunities for both my company as well as SnapMobile.

How did SnapMobile perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management is fantastic. I've been working with Angela [Vitzthum, director of product at SnapMobile], and she's fantastic on following up, creating a great working relationship as well as really understanding our industry. Andy [Mack, CEO at SnapMobile] has been fantastic in the initial conversations and turning it over to Angela. We've been very happy with the communication and the working relationship with them.

What distinguishes SnapMobile from other providers?

SnapMobile has always done a great job of the due diligence and getting to understand similarities and offering different ideas that I might not have come to them. They try to figure out what's best for our company and our relationship.

Is there anything SnapMobile could have improved or done differently?

No. We've been working together for quite some time and everything has been positive.

I've already recommended them.

Reservation Booking Platform Development for Steakhouse

"Out of all the different partners we've used, SnapMobile are the ones that are always on top of things."

June 2015 - Ongoing

SnapMobile provided a variety of services for the client, including work on an iOS app, an Android app, and a website platform.

Rebecca Breske
Executive Assistant, Maple & Ash

The client is satisfied with the work provided by SnapMobile. The agency is praised for their high quality of work and excellent project management. There have been no issues throughout the partnership and SnapMobile is recommended to others.

I work for Maple & Ash, a steakhouse in Chicago.

I am the executive assistant to the owner of the restaurant.

What business challenge were you trying to address with SnapMobile?

We reached out to them because we wanted to make a reservation application so our VIPs could have direct access to us rather than going through the website OpenTable, having to call in.

SnapMobile built an iOS app, an Android app and a website platform from scratch for us. We came to them with an idea. They put together the whole concept. They had an idea and they put it into action.

How did you come to work with SnapMobile?

We had a couple of people that we knew who knew about SnapMobile. My boss has been thinking about this for a long time for a few projects he's working on. This was a perfect way to get started.

We've been working with them for five months [as of November 2015]. We had it finalized a couple weeks ago. We had a few holdups on our end as getting the restaurant open and ready. They were waiting on us.

We only have a few people on it. We haven't completely implemented it yet. We just opened a couple weeks ago, but our VIPs feel special that they're going to be able to use this app to make private reservations. People are excited about it, and we're excited about it, too.

How did SnapMobile perform from a project management standpoint?

SnapMobile's project management and quality of work were great. They're always available to us any time of day. They're open to coming to our office and meet with us if we have questions. All the work was good. They do everything right away. If we needed a change, it got done quickly.

What distinguishes SnapMobile from other providers?

Out of all the different partners we've used, SnapMobile are the ones that are always on top of things. They're always available and get things done. We've experienced a lot of companies that are not producing work fast enough for us. They've moved faster than we needed.

Is there anything SnapMobile could have improved or done differently?

Where they are at is perfect for where we are. There's nothing that sticks out, but I've also never built an app before. We didn't know what we wanted. We had an idea and they helped us develop that idea. That was helpful.

• N/A Cost
    I would like to abstain from answering this question.