Bookkeeping for Today's Small Business Owner

SmartBean® offers accurate, reliable bookkeeping services for your growing business...with a smile.

Our dedicated SmartBean® Team personally retrieves, categorizes, and verifies all transactions from your business accounts -- banks, credit cards, PayPal, etc. -- on a daily basis. And, because we're based in the U.S., we're always available to answer your questions and discuss your business's financial outlook with you.

Our SmartBean® mobile app also delivers up-to-date information on your business and even shares insights on how to maxmize its success.

We're the beans you can count on, so start your free trial with SmartBean® today!

2018
Tustin, CA
  • 17291 Irvine Boulevard, Suite 150
    Tustin, CA 92780

Bookkeeping for Massage Services Company

"Their level of strong teamwork and high morale makes them stand out in the industry."

Smart Bean Inc provides bookkeeping and tax preparation services for a mobile massage company. They prepare tax statements, keep track of paperwork and expenses, and provide guidance.

Orange County, California
Christina Garcia
Owner, No Stress Mobile Massage

The support from Smart Bean Inc has tremendously lessened the stress of bookkeeping for the client, adding to the convenience and peace of mind. The reliable team has proven to be a dedicated partner, never failing to show how trustworthy and capable they are within the industry.

I own a business called No Stress Mobile Massage.

What challenge were you trying to address with Smart Bean Inc?

I was a new business owner and didn’t know how to do a lot of the administrative tasks and paperwork that comes with owning a business. I didn’t know a lot about bookkeeping, which is also a big reason why I hired them.

My business is different because I am a mobile massage therapist, so I don’t have a lot of overhead or any rent to take care of. However, they keep track of all of my spending, profit and loss statements, gas expenses, and more. They keep everything organized for me and go over my statements.

They prepare my statements and send them to my tax person, as well, so I don’t have to do anything involving that. They give me snapshots of my business every quarter. They even helped me get my own business account and give me direction with that.

I typically work with Chloe (Operations Manager), who is amazing. I’ve talked with a lot of them, though.

How did you come to work with Smart Bean Inc?

I’m in a networking group and people said very positive things about Smart Bean Inc. They hold their value and everything is validated that people say about them. They actually helped me with my taxes ready for 2018 in the first year of my business before I even engaged them. I figured if they could help someone who wasn’t even a client of theirs yet like this, they must be amazing.

We’ve spent a couple of thousand dollars.

We’ve been working together since January 2019 and our engagement is ongoing.

They make my life convenient and much easier with the business. Their team takes the stress out of everything. It’s really nice to be able to provide my service and not stress about the business parts of it, since it isn’t my forte. I know they’ll take care of all the legal side of the business for me. The convenience and their services are perfect.

How did Smart Bean Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

I can ask anyone at their team a question about my business and they can give me an answer, which I love. They don’t have to pass it off to anyone else and they always get back to me.

We mainly communicate through email, but they also reach out and call. We’ve never had any problems and they meet all of the deadlines. They have a great way of staying on top of things. They’re great and make my life so much easier.

Though they aren’t the biggest group of people, it’s great that everyone knows what everyone is doing in their office. It’s hard when you call a massive company and not one person knows what another is doing.

Their level of strong teamwork and high morale makes them stand out in the industry. The fact that I can talk to anyone on their team distinguishes them because it can be like an obstacle course working with other vendors.

Everything I need to be done, they do it. They’ve set the bar high, so I have had no issues and I’m satisfied.

Feel free to be as comfortable as you can with them. They’re so trustworthy. I give them everything I have with no fear anything will happen. Have an open mind. Though you have to be cautious with your business, you don’t need to be overly cautious with them. I trust them 100% — my business is my baby and they take care of it. Trust the process; they know what they’re doing.

Bookkeeping for Managed Service Provider

"Smart Bean is dependable."

Sept. 2019 - Ongoing

Smart Bean provides bookkeeping services to a managed service provider. The team organizes financial information and balances the provider’s books.

Orange County, California
John Willenbring
Owner, Willenworks Technology Solutions

Smart Bean’s services have allowed internal stakeholders to focus on their own business without having to worry about bookkeeping. The team is organized and knowledgeable, ensuring reliable, high-quality deliverables. Customers can expect a communicative, timely, and professional partner.

I’m the owner of Willenworks Technology Solution, a small MSP.

What challenge were you trying to address with Smart Bean Inc?

We needed general bookkeeping services.

Smart Bean takes care of all of my bookkeeping. I upload my bank and credit card statements to the team, and they balance my books and do reporting for me.

I’ve worked with Lisa (Founder & CEO), Chloe (Operations Manager), and a few others.

How did you come to work with Smart Bean Inc?

I belong to an international business networking group. My CPA recommended Smart Bean to me through the network, so I took a meeting with Lisa and was very impressed. Ever since, I’ve had nothing but great service.

I’ve spent around $1,200 with them.

We’ve been working together since September 2019.

My metrics are based on ease of use, ease of interaction, and general efficiency and productivity. Every time I need something, Smart Bean calls me right back. They’re very friendly, they’re easy to work with, and they fix any issues that might arise immediately.

That’s important to me, because I don’t have to play phone tag or chase them down — I want to get to work for my customers and run my business. They allow me to do that and they make things easy. When they’re done with their work, I can hand it off to my CPA and do tax planning and tax returns with no issues.

How did Smart Bean Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve performed very well as far as communicating and meeting deadlines. We keep in touch over emails and phone conversations.

Smart Bean is dependable. They’re also trustworthy, in the sense that they know what they’re doing and they’re on top of my books.

There’s nothing I’ve noticed. I’ve had a great experience with Smart Bean.

Contact Lisa immediately and get started.

Bookkeeping for Skincare Specialist

"I was thrilled with how easy they are to work with. Lisa is so knowledgeable and makes working with them a breeze!"

Smart Bean Inc provided bookkeeping services for a skin care specialist. This involved keeping the books of the business up to date.

Decatur, Georgia
Teri E.
Owner, Atlanta Acne Specialists

The effects on the business were immediate as the company began saving money with all the assets categorized correctly. The team was accomodating to their client, always answering their questions or pointing them in the right direction.

I am the owner of a skincare practice specializing in acne.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smart Bean Inc?

Monthly bookkeeping and filing monthly sales tax.

What were your goals for this engagement?

My goal is to have my books up to date and file my sales tax on time each month.

SmartBean came highly recommended from another colleague. Lisa was on a virtual call with my coaching group and after hearing about her and her practice I knew I had to hire them immediately.

Describe the engagement in detail.

I scheduled an intro call with Lisa and then once we figured out which plan was best for my business we scheduled a call with the accountant who would work on my books. We nailed down all of the accounts and what my needs are. My books are up to date daily and everyone is so friendly and helpful in every transaction I've had with them.

Describe their billing or cost structure.

They have very reasonable pricing structure. 3 different plans to accommodate any business. They actually saved me money right away.

Chloe is my contact and I forward all of my credit card charges to her telling her what their for. They remind me to send reports for sales tax and are always available if I have questions.

Can you share any outcomes from the engagement that demonstrate progress or success?

They've cleaned up my books so they make more sense because everything is categorized correctly. They have saved me money. And I know if I have a question or need anything I can reach out and someone will help me with my issue or point me in the right direction if they can't.

Onboarding was very easy. A little time consuming, but very simple. Getting a call scheduled was quick as well. Everyone has been very accommodating.

None that I can think of.

Overall Score Bookkeeping and tax are things I don't even think about anymore. If you're unsure. Give them a try, you won't regret it.
    Great value for the service!
    Very! I highly recommend them.

Accounting for Eyelash Salon

"I am very impressed with their financial expertise. The staff is very well trained and capable of doing what I need."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

An eyelash extension salon hired Smart Bean to manage its accounting and prepare its books for taxes. They also give the salon monthly reports of profits in its cashflow.

Costa Mesa, California
Dré
Salon Owner, Faces by Dré

The eyelash extension salon is mostly very happy with the results. The knowledgable and professional team at Smart Bean is very efficient, delivering quarterly statements on time and answering questions whenever they arise.

Owner of Eyelash Extensions Salon

For what projects/services did your company hire Smart Bean Inc?

I hired Smart Bean to manage my accounting along with preparing mybooks for Taxes.

What were your goals for this engagement?

My main goal is to have them prepare my taxes correctly and to be able to save me time on my bookkeeping which will allow me increase my efficiency.

I chose Smart Bean because they have a great Accounting team that’s very efficient and the price is very reasonable also I don’t have to do much work.

Describe the engagement in detail.

I met with Lisa and her team and we went over my books and we discussed how important it was for me to have everything intact for my taxes they will give me monthly reports of my profits in my cash flow.

Describe their billing or cost structure.

They bill me monthly and it’s very reasonable.

I mainly work with one person who is my main point of contact there are several members that also can support other task.

I am mainly very happy with the results in the progress that they do daily with my accounts.

They are very efficient . I get my quarterly statements. I can call anytime to get my questions answered.

I am very impressed with their financial expertise the staff is very well trained and very capable of doing what I need for my company they’re very professional.

No I think they are doing a fabulous job .

the best
    very Affordable
    the best
    I refer them to everyone

Bookkeeping, Reporting, & Bill Pay for Creative Agency

“The peace of mind they have given me is incredibly valuable.”

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

Smart Bean Inc is responsible for bookkeeping services for a web design agency. Additionally, the team was responsible for reporting and bill pay services.

Atlanta, Georgia
Octavia Warren Gilmore
Founder & CEO, Creative Juice

The bookkeeping services exceeded the expectations of the internal team. Smart Bean Inc provides high-quality services, offering monthly and quarterly reports to ensure effective communication between teams. The team is hard-working, attentive, and dedicated.

I am the owner of Creative Juice, a branding, marketing, and web design agency located in Atlanta.

What challenge were you trying to address with Smart Bean Inc?

I was looking for help with bookkeeping, reporting, and bill pay.

Smart Bean Inc handles all of my bookkeeping. They reconcile my books every day via QuickBooks and make sure everything’s prepared and in order for tax season. They also give me monthly reporting so I can see the financials of my company as well as additional quarterly reports.

I typically interact with about three people from the Smart Bean Inc team, including the owner.

How did you come to work with Smart Bean Inc?

My CPA recommended them to me because of the hands-on customer service that they provide. They had a very thorough onboarding process that I liked.

We invest about $4,000 a year.

Our ongoing engagement with Smart Bean Inc began in December 2019.

Having good bookkeeping gives you some peace of mind. If I need financial documents, I know everything is already in order.

How did Smart Bean Inc perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve done everything they said they were going to do at the appropriate deadline. They’re very thorough and upfront when it comes to the onboarding process. They’re great at communicating, setting expectations, and meeting deadlines.

It’s been incredibly helpful that they reconcile my books every day. They never have to ask me about different transactions that happened early in the month and I wouldn’t remember them as well. I can always easily identify the charges because they are fresh in my mind. The peace of mind they have given me is incredibly valuable.

Smart Bean Inc could expand their services, but their main service line is bookkeeping, which they do a great job at. I do sometimes wish they had more financial consulting as well.

Give them access to everything. Obviously, it was a situation where I trusted them with that information, but it was worth it. Listen to what they’re saying to make sure you understand it.

Bookkeeping & Auditing for Advertising & Marketing Firm

"They offer multi-layered support that is quick, efficient, and responsive."

Smart Bean Inc handles the monthly bookkeeping and audit expenses of a marketing and advertising firm. The team sends quarterly and time tax reports to the company's CPA.

Newport Beach, California
Tim Seavey
Co-Owner, Vizolutions LLC

The firm usually spends over 40 hours to comply with the tax season. However, due to Smart Bean Inc's work, they only need to sign to finalize the papers now. They reduced the tax season stress of the company while offering them seamless solutions.

I am a co-owner and growth director of Vizolutions.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smart Bean Inc?

They were hired for ongoing bookkeeping.

Tax season was the worst season for our business because our CPA had endless lists of questions we could never adequately answer and we knew we were leaving money on the table missing or misclassifying expenses. We needed someone to take care of all of it for us.

SmartBean's solution for bookkeeping is an easily implemented, high value, competitively priced solution for done-for-you bookkeeping.

SmartBean balances our books monthly and audits expenses real time and gives us quarterly reports as well as tax time reports to our CPA. It's a completely done-for-you solution.

SmartBean has a number of team members that solved everything from IT to bookkeeping to tax planning.

We went from spending 40+ hours around tax season and missing write offs to practically forgetting tax season is an issue because all the work is already done for us but to sign.

It was seamless.

They offer multi-layered support that is quick, efficient, and responsive.

Bookkeeping for Skincare Clinic

"Lisa and her team are amazing and provide great customer service. I couldn’t be happier!"

Mar. 2019 - Jan. 2020

Smart Bean Inc was hired to organize the accounting books of a skincare clinic.

Tampa, Florida
Ashley LeDoux
Owner, LUXE Aesthetics

Smart Bean was able to go through all of the business' accounts for the year 2019 and effectively moved the business as a whole forward. The team was professional, fast and quality-focused, completely satisfying the expectations of the company.

I am the owner of a boutique clinical skincare clinic.

For bookkeeping services.

What were your goals for this engagement?

To get all of my company’s bookkeeping in order and have a

A referral through a professional business club I’m a part of.

Describe the engagement in detail.

They were successfully able to go back through all my books for 2019 and get everything ready quickly to prepare taxes and and move my business forward in an organized fashion.

Describe their billing or cost structure.

Monthly billing for booking keeping.

2-3 people.

They are professional, fast and quality-focused. Lisa and her team are amazing and provide great customer service. I couldn’t be happier!

Very effective.

Response time. The personal service they provide and the thoughtful referrals to other business for professional services not performed by them.

None yet that I can see.

Will definitely refer them!

Bookkeeping Services for Personal Injury Law Firm

"They have great team members who are invested in my company's success."

May 2019 - Mar. 2020

Smart Bean Inc provided bookkeeping services for a personal injury law firm. The goal was to alleviate the back-office burden from the in-house staff so that that the firm could grow.

Costa Mesa, California
Steven Soliman
Managing Attorney, The Soliman Firm, PLC

Thanks to Smart Bean Inc, the books were well-organized, and taxes were easy to file. The team took over a complicated, time-consuming task, billing monthly based on the number of transactions processed.

I'm the attorney owner of a personal injury law firm.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smart Bean Inc?

We hired Smart Bean to take care of our book keeping services.

What were your goals for this engagement?

Book keeping was becoming a very complicated and time-consuming task for me, especially as it came time to prepare for taxes. The more the firm grew, the more difficult the process became.

My goal in hiring Smart Bean was to take some of the weight off my shoulders and start a relationship with a book keeping company that was invested in my company's finances and my peace of mind.

Referred by a friend.

Describe the engagement in detail.

First we met to discuss my needs, goals, and monthly transactions, then we came up with a plan to move forward.

Describe their billing or cost structure.

Pricing depends on number of transactions, billed monthly.

Many team members working on my books.

It has been a great success. My books are organized and taxes were a breeze.

It is so easy to communicate with the Smart Bean team.

They have great team members who are invested in my company's success.

The relationship has been flawless so far. Nothing to improve.