Take your business from small to smallnormous

Smallnormous is a new kind of partner, a trusted advisor, bringing big-brand expertise and Fortune-100 experience to help local businesses tell their stories, get noticed, and grow. We deliver innovative solutions in an efficient, two-person ecosystem that gives small businesses the advantages that might not have otherwise been within reach of their budgets.

We help small companies tell their stories and strengthen their brands in ways that make good financial sense. We get to know your business and then provide world-class strategy, design, and messaging to help you reach your goals.BrandingLogo and identity development, messaging, brand advertising campaigns & photo/video shootsStrategyCompetitive research, brand auditing, messaging strategy & digital strategyDesignBrochures, posters, direct mail, billboard and out of home & digital display adsMessaging Social media content and advertising, websites, print & everything in betweenWebsitesRebranding and website redesign, new custom sites & rapid development launchSocial Media A comprehensive strategy, content planning, and creation, ads & hashtag research

2018
Santa Rosa, CA
  • 1874 Waltzer Rd
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
  • 1850 Clay Street
    San Francisco, CA 94109

Adamas Pharmaceuticals, The Association of Applied and Therapeutic Humor, Docker, Tuxton China, Paul Osincup, End Incivility Today, Estela Salon Sonoma, Wine Cube Tours, Get Up Business Development Services, Team Becca, Best Bite Nutrition, Mike Lucia Design Build, Midsets Fitness, NorCal Animal Rescue, Ph. Creative UK, Hangar 12,

Award-Winning Wine Cube Tours Branding & Web Development

Stunning vistas, incredible wine, and amazing food. Our client Raymond, owner and host of Wine Cube Tours, offers the total Wine Country experience. So we created a cohesive brand for his business, complete with updated logo and a streamlined website that clearly conveys what makes his service unique.

Optimized from a seven-page site, his new, three-page site improves the user experience and boosts the

numbers of reservation requests he receives. We designed modern page layouts, creating an image-rich, immersive experience paired with powerful messaging that conveys the premium nature of the Wine Cube Tours experience. Finally, we created new SEO for each page of the site to significantly improve the site’s search rankings.

AWARD WINNER: Summit International Creative Award 2019, Hospitality and Tourism Website Design, SILVER

Estela Salon Branding & Web Development

Our client Estela’s dream salon came to life in a Sonoma Craftsman bungalow, a light-filled oasis with a modern farmhouse look. After visiting the salon, we were inspired to create a unique brand expression for this special place. We started with a custom video/photo shoot and then developed an inviting website filled with luscious imagery and evocative messaging. We also created new SEO for each section of the site to improve

the site’s all-important search rankings.

Additionally, we created a series of branded pieces to launch the business: a grand opening invitation, a client intake card, and a menu of services. We also developed a branded Instagram presence, Google My Business listing, and business Facebook page, so new and existing clients can enjoy that special estela salon feeling—even between salon visits.

The Association of Applied and Therapeutic Humor

When the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor, an international nonprofit dedicated to using humor to enhance health and human performance, asked us to redesign their website, we worked closely with them to develop a solution that fit into their budget and maximized their ROI. We began by conducting an audit of their existing site and dramatically streamlined and reorganized it for a better user experience. We

developed a detailed messaging strategy and then worked closely with AATH to guide them in writing the copy, which we then edited and polished.

Featuring numerous videos, an integrated social feed, and compelling testimonials, the site offers a dynamic, energetic user experience in keeping with the organization’s brand. Mindful design and layouts alternating plenty of white space with color ensure that the content feels accessible, inviting, and funny. We also crafted SEO to help improve the site’s search rankings.

Best Bite Nutrition Branding & Web Development

Stacey Wenzel, a Sonoma-County-based nutritionist, came to smallnormous for help launching her new business. We were delighted to consult with her to help determine the key differentiators of her approach. Then, we leveraged what we learned to develop the name “Best Bite Nutrition,” which speaks to how Stacey guides her clients to make healthy food choices that don’t sacrifice flavor.

Taking inspiration from

the new name, we developed an elegant, botanically themed logo that speaks to her affinity for using herbs in her recipes. Next, we created two-sided business cards with a custom texture on the back. To help fully launch her business, we created an image-rich website that features her blog posts, integrates her Instagram feed, and explains her approach and pricing, creating an overall aspirational look and feel that is true to her personality and approach to serving her clients. We continue to provide her with strategic consulting to maximize her brand exposure and success.

Get UP Business Development Services Branding & Web Development

As the principal of her business consulting firm, Get UP Business Development Services, Lucia needed a brand overhaul. To begin, we created a new logo that conveys how their strategic guidance can help businesses generate more revenue, as expressed in the upward revenue curve graphic. We updated the brand’s color palette with tonal adjustments that lend a modern, warm feel. We translated these new elements into beautiful

business cards with space for notes on the back.

Next, we completely redesigned her website, adding better UX, powerful metrics, and compelling testimonials, as well as beautiful imagery featuring a custom overlay of the Get UP brand colors and a bespoke texture that echoes the revenue curve in the logo. We finished by developing meticulously targeted SEO. Today, the site ranks #1 in organic search for her main service.

Adamas Pharmaceutical Employer Brand Campaign

Adamas Pharmaceuticals, a provider of time-dependent biologics, asked us to create a new employer brand to help attract the industry’s best talent as well as those who would be a good fit for the company’s culture of ongoing learning. To get at the heart of what it means to work at Adamas, we interviewed both staff and senior leadership and then used our findings to develop a compelling new brand expression that dovetailed with

the corporate brand.

We conducted an extensive photo shoot to create appropriate imagery for the new website and subsequent materials. The new website (not yet live) also features inviting messaging, deploys a powerful job search function, and tells the story of the company’s culture and dedication to patient well-being. We extended the brand to an updated presence on LinkedIn and Glassdoor.

Docker Digital Advertising

Docker Inc., the industry leader in the containerization market, came to smallnormous for help with digital promotions. We developed a series of animated and static banners to showcase the global release of several whitepapers in many different languages. Leveraging a mix of brand assets and new, custom illustrations, these ads drive engagement and conversion.

In addition, we were tasked with promoting a

series of webinars and in-person events—both on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter—across a variety of industries and languages. We likewise extended the brand to create compelling, easy-to-grasp assets that generate excitement and encourage sign-up for these events.

Web Design & Branding for Nutrition Consulting Business

"...I felt that they really understood me each step of the way."

Feb. - June 2019

smallnormous assisted with setting up everything for the business, from naming and logo creation to web design and development. They offered multiple name and logo options to finalize on the best one.

Petaluma, California
Stacey F. Wenzel
Owner & Nutritionist , Best Bite Nutrition

They produced a visually stunning website and graphics, which have gotten numerous compliments. smallnormous is highly recommended for their creativity, discipline, and responsiveness, but what stands out the most is their commitment to their clients’ satisfaction.

I’m the owner and nutritionist at Best Bite Nutrition, a nutrition consulting business.

For what projects/services did your company hire smallnormous?

I hired smallnormous to help us with naming, branding, logo development, and website design and development for my new business.

I basically needed to set up my business completely.

I had known Jennifer (Co-Founder, smallnormous) as a personal acquaintance for many years prior to smallnormous and had recently reconnected with her and her partner Eric (Co-Founder, smallnormous). I'd already begun researching vendors before reconnecting and had almost decided to work with someone else when I was introduced to smallnormous and their work.

After seeing examples of their work, I felt that it was of much higher quality compared to what I'd seen from other vendors. Theirs was so beautiful and sleek. Overall, I felt that they would be a better fit for me.

We had an initial meeting so that Jennifer and Eric could get a good feel of my personality, my preferences, my dislikes, and more. Once that was complete, they gave me a timeline of expectations.

First, I was presented with several amazing suggestions for business names. I had a difficult time choosing because I loved so many of them. Next, I was presented with various logos to choose from, and once again I had a difficult time choosing. We moved onto color variations from there. Once that was all complete, website design was started and completed. I provided assets as requested and Jennifer and Eric worked their magic on my website. I am so happy with the end result.

I worked with both Jennifer and Eric—sometimes together and sometimes one at a time depending on whether we were working on copy or design or both.

The website is still brand new, but I can say is that I’ve received so many compliments on the design and UI that I've recommended smallnormous more times than I can count. Specifically, people love the clarity of my site as well as its ease of use.

Jennifer and Eric are extremely easy to work with because they take their business very personally. They’re responsive, extremely organized, and they strive for excellence. smallnormous wants its clients to be 1,000% happy.

My mind was blown with the choices I was offered for business names, logos, and colors. Their overall creativity is outstanding and I felt that they really understood me each step of the way. The options I was given and how the project progressed showed me that Jennifer and Eric were really listening. In my experience, that’s a rare and valuable quality.

There are no areas of improvement at all. Jennifer and Eric ensured I was satisfied during the entire project.

Overall Score I had a fantastic experience with smallnormous!
    smallnormous was very accommodating.
    I felt that every penny was well spent.
    smallnormous produced outstanding and gorgeous work.
    I have already recommended smallnormous several times.

Web Dev & Copy Edits for Humor Therapy Nonprofit

"… they spent a lot of time with me to make sure we felt great about our new website."

May - June 2019

Smallnormous Advertising & Marketing produced a new website, focusing on modernizing the UI while reducing the amount of content and pages. The team also provided edits for the website’s copy.

Rockford, Illinois
Paul Osincup
President, Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor

The new website has received praise for its visual appeal as well as an increased amount of visitors. Smallnormous Advertising & Marketing tailored its strategy to fit the project’s needs, learning as much as possible about the nonprofit to deliver exceptional results.

I'm the president of the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor. We're an international nonprofit dedicated to the study and application of humor to enhance health and human performance. We help people, organizations, and communities increase their wellbeing and results through humor.

For what projects/services did your company hire Smallnormous Advertising & Marketing?

We hired them to create a new website for us. We had an old website that had too much text and way too many pages.

We wanted to pare down the website content to what people really needed to know and make the new website more current and aesthetically pleasing.

I was referred to Smallnormous Advertising & Marketing by someone else.

They consulted with me about what I wanted, learned what we were about, and took time to get to really know us. After that, Smallnormous Advertising & Marketing sent me an outline template of what the new website would look like as well as a step-by-step framework for the copy we would need to write. I wrote the copy exactly how I wanted it, and then they reviewed and edited to make it better.

Both their owners worked on the website. One actually created the website and the other worked on copy edits.

We are getting many more visitor through our website now than we previously were. I've also been contacted by at least 20 members of the organization specifically to tell me how great the new website is and how it’s such a tremendous upgrade.

The workflow was excellent. Smallnormous Advertising & Marketing went out of their way to work with us. In fact, we had an IT person on our end that was a little difficult to work with, and they did a great job navigating that.

I appreciated the fact that they tailored the project to our needs and budget. I know they have bigger clients but they spent a lot of time with me to make sure we felt great about our new website.

I really can't think of anything for them to improve. They were excellent.

Overall Score Hands down, you won't be disappointed with Smallnormous Advertising & Marketing.
    Scheduling with them was super easy.
    They are definitely worth it.
    They were incredibly tuned in to our needs and delivered a beautiful website very quickly.
    I already have recommended Smallnormous Advertising & Marketing.

Branding for Pharmaceuticals Company

"They have really good energy in terms of getting us excited about the work they’re doing."

n/a

Sep. 2018 - Ongoing

Smallnormous helped define a brand image for a new website. They created several different iterations before delivering a fully-realized result. Their work continues with refining the final version.

California
Director, Pharmaceuticals Company

The team exuded patience and positive energy throughout the course of the project. Excellent service and superb client management skills are what make Smallnormous a standout vendor.

I’m the director at a 150-person pharmaceutical company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Smallnormous Advertising & Marketing?

We needed to refresh our employer brand for a new career site.

They were hired to consult on the employer branding and make a proposal for what it should be. The team was instrumental in sorting out what a more formal employer brand could be. We went through several iterations before landing on a final version.

I worked with Jennifer (Owner/Creative Director, Smallnormous) and Eric (Owner/Creative Director, Smallnormous).

How did you come to work with Smallnormous Advertising & Marketing?

They were hired before I started my current position.

They began the project in September 2018 and our engagement is ongoing.

We don’t have any tangible metrics right now, just because we haven’t launched the new site yet.

How did Smallnormous Advertising & Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

The team is definitely flexible, consultative, and serves as a great partner. They displayed very good client management skills, overall.

They have really good energy in terms of getting us excited about the work they’re doing. The team was able to maintain that excitement throughout the entire process, all while staying motivated and engaged.

They could benefit from listening more.

I would suggest sticking to the project timelines to make the whole process smoother.

• N/A Cost