Ruby on Rails Development

Bronze

Sloboda Studio is a Software Development Company founded in 2010. We’ve been providing high-end web development services in various industries for almost 10 years, mostly focused on leading start-ups, small businesses and middle-market companies.

A large number of our customers come from the financial, media, adtech and IT industries.

We spent the last 5 years developing a good number of online marketplaces, which succeeded in raising investment for their further growth.

The other area of increased focus for Sloboda Studio is AI programming, comprising NLP, machine learning and chatbots development.

Top 2 RoR developers on Clutch.

Top 3 Web Developers in Ukraine.

400 projects completed.

Our clients have raised about $5 mln.

Kharkiv, Ukraine
  • Moskovs'kyi Ave, 257, Kharkiv
    Kharkiv 61000
    Ukraine

Luca Labs Expenses

Industry: FinTech

Headquarters: Oslo, Norway

Website: https://www.lucalabs.com/expenses/

Luca Labs Expenses is a cool app to get rid of time-consuming accounting tasks within companies. Luca Labs was created by former McKinsey consultants as a company that focuses on accounting documents with the help of

AI.

Luca Labs Expenses is an app for the management of working expenses. When the employee has certain expenses that should be reimbursed by the employer, the employee can just use the app to take a photo of the receipt and send it to the employer.

In the same vein, the employee can keep...

CityFALCON: Over 2,5 Million dollars

Industry: Financial services

Headquarters: United Kingdom

Website: https://www.cityfalcon.com/

CityFALCON is a 21st-century financial news aggregator that provides a comprehensive, relevant, personalized, and real-time news feed for fundamental investors, powered by crowd-curation, social media, and machine

learning.

Using Natural Language Processing and E-learning, CityFALON creates a personal news feed based on a person's profile, online interaction, preferences. For instance, customers get 30 relevant stories out of a selection of 200.

CityFALCON’s customers are investors and traders,...

Artur Inside (www.arturinside.com)

Artur Inside is a community manager and a social network sharing tool that launches targeted campaigns (newsletters and personalized content) to your network, tracks and measures engagement, and gives you a precise picture of your marketing efforts.

The MVP included the possibility to create an account, import customers’ contacts into Artur Inside, and link their social accounts, i.e. it had integration with social

media. Now, with our Public Beta in place, each customer belongs to a vertical (initially 2 verticals, real estate agents and accountants, then at least 8 verticals are planned by 2017), supplied with a personalized content.

Our customers have their own back office to plan and manage their marketing activities (sent newsletters and social...

TikkTalk: raised more than $1M

Industry: Translation

Headquarters: Oslo, Norway

Website: www.tikktalk.com

TikkTalk (Skiwo AS) is a B2G (business to government) and B2C (business to consumer) marketplace that offers access to different interpreters over video and phone conference on a number of platforms (web, Skype for Business, mobile

apps).

Governments and organizations can get immediate access to a worldwide pool of interpreters filterable by language,

certification level, and evaluation.

In the meantime, interpreters can log in, demonstrate their abilities by uploading their certifications and gain...

Applift (www.applift.com)

AppLift is one of the leaders in the mobile advertising market, who helps mobile app advertisers to take control on every stage of their app marketing lifecycle.

Applift BI provide descriptive and prescriptive analytics solution. The main idea is to assist the operation teams to function more efficiently and focus on what creates a true value. Applift BI advanced to “Actionable BI” in which they

develop actionable solution such as cost optimization, recommendation engine and more.

Our developers worked with the dynamical template, which collects info from the different chart from the different database and generates letters. All this letter used data mapping, which collect all data for the mailing list. Also, they are working with...

MVP Development for Interpretation Service

"Sloboda Studio understands us and our customers, and have built an amazing product for us."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Sloboda Studio developed a website using Ruby on Rails and VueJS for the back and frontend and integrated several SEO, CRM, analytics, ad-tracking, UX management and WebRTC tools. The team was also in charge of QA.

Oslo, Norway
Gautam Chandna
CEO, TikkTalk

Sloboda Studio has the ability to understand the project and take initiative. The team has excellent project management which helped in releasing projects on the right date. The language barrier and the front end work are their areas for improvement.

TikkTalk is a marketplace software for interpretation services. It offers an open marketplace in which interpreters can create an account and receive assignments from anywhere in the world, allowing businesses to click a button and work with speakers of any language.

One of the main goals of our project is to help the refugee crisis. Many of the people coming here don't speak European languages, so clinics, hospitals, shops, police, and so on, can click a button on our app or website and have a direct video translation.

I am the Chief Executive Officer and a co-founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Sloboda Studio?

The business challenge was mostly economical; we couldn't afford to hire engineers in Oslo. I attempted to outsource in many different places, connecting to 29 different individuals in total in the last 4 months.

We've come to have a team of 10 employed consultants, 8 of them being from Sloboda Studio. During tight deadlines, we employed as many as 10 people from Sloboda Studio. The frontend and backend of our website has been entirely built by Sloboda Studio. They used Ruby on Rails, as well as VueJS on the backend and frontend. Sloboda Studio used many third-party APIs like Google Analytics for tracking, which was integrated quite nicely. They integrated tools for SEO, CRM, analytics, ad-tracking, UX management and WebRTC purposes as well.

We use SendGrid for emails and we are deployed on Heroku, which Sloboda Studio managed as well. They're also in charge of quality assurance, using our specs for test coverage.

We have used Sloboda Studio for many other gems and open-source projects. In total, we have implemented 74 components, which is a normal figure for any open-source project.

Sloboda Studio built our initial minimum viable product and are now in charge of full development.

How did you come to work with Sloboda Studio?

I searched for Ruby on Rails booking system projects. I noticed that the quality of individual engineers on freelance websites was always questionable. They didn't always work alone, even though they presented themselves as individuals, instead of working for companies. As such, I didn't have a guarantee of always working with the same person. Instead of looking for freelancers, I looked for existing projects based on my stack, found the companies responsible for them and contacted each one. One of those was Sloboda Studio. I initially decided to give each one smaller tasks requiring 10-20 hours of work, mostly on the frontend, so that there was a better chance of actually using their output, instead of throwing it away. I hired an individual from Sloboda in mid-February 2016 for 2 weeks. He worked fast and well. I liked his quality, so I decided to add 2 more people for the backend, growing our team slowly to 8 people.

We started working with Sloboda Studio in February 2016. We launched an internal prototype after 4 months of development, which we tested with interpreters and businesses. The public product was launched last week, after an additional 4 months of development. We plan to cater more towards improving the product in order to provide better onboarding and an improved experience after the launch. We have a continuing relationship with Sloboda Studio.

Sloboda Studio implemented tests for the work on their own, without being asked. I appreciated that this was brought up. Sloboda Studio also came up with many good ideas by themselves, having open discussions with me, weeding through the bad ideas. I missed this approach from other agencies. I like being told when something is right or wrong. I did work with another agency in Poland which simply couldn't see the big picture, coming to waste a number of hours. This hasn't been the case with Sloboda. They've been very open and have also worked overtime on weekends and during late hours, when necessary. Sloboda Studio understood that we have a deadline, so they went above and beyond my expectations.

How did Sloboda Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

I have only been working with one person from Sloboda Studio for project management. She has been very good, following up well and helping convert ideas into tasks and schedules. For any engineering project, the schedule will never be as accurate as it should. We never finished anything exactly in the number of hours predicted, but we've always been able to release on the right date, even if with extra hours. I'm a coder myself, so I've always been able to push the work ahead.

What distinguishes Sloboda Studio from other providers?

Comparing Sloboda Studio with other agencies I've worked with, I can say that they've been able to understand why we are working on this project. Sloboda Studio understands us and our customers, and have built an amazing product for us.

I had our team from Sloboda Studio come to Oslo and spend 10 days on the project, which helped me explain our idea to them. They've come to understand the purpose behind our project and have come up with good ideas, helping me with planning and projections.

Is there anything Sloboda Studio could have improved or done differently?

Some of the members from Sloboda Studio could improve their English. They are taking classes, but this is still an issue. A bit more improvement on the frontend work would also be welcomed. This is partly due to the fact that we've prioritized backend tasks and only have one person working for frontend development.

Sloboda has met deadlines, but also overshot the number of work hours.
    Sloboda always informed me when the work would extend beyond our agreement. I always had a 1-2-week notice for any kind of overshooting, but things did get more expensive.
    Quality of work is not the best, but this has been because I've pushed on deadlines. I can see the corners that Sloboda Studio cut, and they have been justified.
    I have recommended Sloboda.

CRM and App Development for Medical Group

“Besides their excellent communication skills and transparency, I’m most impressed by how they think about problems.”

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Sloboda Studio enhanced a custom CRM by optimizing its APIs and developing additional backend features. This facilitated data exchange between the CRM, a medical records system, and an iOS app.

Chris Wong
CTO, Hudson Medical Group

Sloboda Studio’s high-quality code helped automate several internal administrative processes, and they’re currently implementing security measures. The team takes a proactive approach to development, considering edge cases preemptively to identify and account for any potential challenges.

I’m the CTO at Hudson Medical Group. We’re a multi-specialty medical practice with locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens. Our facilities process about 50,000 patients visits per year.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sloboda Studio?

We manage our practice with a series of administrative tools, including a custom CRM, a medical record system, and a patient-facing iOS app. However, we wanted to automate a bunch of these processes, which required further backend development.

We already had the basic MVP of our CRM, so Sloboda Studio was responsible for building out our system’s backend features using Ruby on Rails.

To automate our administrative processes, the team focused on connecting our custom CRM, medical system, and iOS app together. They refined our APIs so that we could send data from our CRM to the medical system and vice versa (e.g., clinical outcome, patient appointments, emails), and they also enhanced our iOS app’s backend, which allowed it to connect to our medical system’s API.

Currently, all of the initial scope items are in production, but we’re still coming up with new features to build. They’re now working on SSL features to secure our tools.

I work with a project manager and two engineers.

How did you come to work with Sloboda Studio?

Sloboda Studio reached out to me on LinkedIn. Since I’m a Rails engineer myself, I was able to vet them and found them to be a great partner to work with. A couple of months later, they helped us with some of the basic integration work for our project, and we've worked with them since.

We’ve spent about $15,000 so far.

We started working with them in December 2018, and the engagement is ongoing. We liked their team so much that we decided to continue building more features with them.

I regularly review Sloboda Studio’s code in GitHub, and it’s been really great. They write clear code, develop excellent unit tests for us, and are great at looking at edge cases. If I ask them about a certain feature, they’ll go over all of the different edge cases that they’ve come across while reading the API documentation. Then, they’ll write out a well-structured email for us to discuss.

How did Sloboda Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

The team hits our deadlines and communicates ahead of time if something will take longer than expected. We use a project tracking sheet, which gives us a lot of visibility on what’s being done at the moment, and they update their time estimates as we proceed through the sprint. As a result, we haven’t had any surprises.

Besides their excellent communication skills and transparency, I’m most impressed by how they think about problems. They’re able to conceptualize all of the edge cases before they build something rather than after. That’s been really valuable because we haven’t had to go in and discover unforeseen edge cases on our own.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Make sure you have a clearly defined spec so that you can effectively communicate the intent of the project and the features that you want to build. That documentation helps Sloboda Studio come up with multiple solutions in case they see a potential problem.

They’re always transparent, communicating and updating their time estimates as the sprint continues.
    They deliver excellent value.
    We review all of their code on GitHub, and it’s all very structured and transparent.

Website Performance Enhancements for EdTech Startup

“We’re really pleased we partnered with Sloboda Studio.”

Dec. 2018 - Jan. 2019

At the beginning of a semester when a platform saw an influx of new users, Sloboda Studio provided maintenance and bug fixes to solve performance issues. They offered both front- and backend resources with Ruby on Rails expertise.

Daniel Page
VP Operations, StudySoup

Sloboda Studio reduced expenses and maximized returns by providing a valuable and reliable service at a competitive price point. They fully satisfied expectations by resolving every error hindering the platform’s performance. Dedicated, transparent, and accommodating, they add value as a partner.

I’m the VP of operations for StudySoup, an EdTech startup. Our marketplace enables university students to get paid for sharing their notes with classmates.

We provide a platform for naturally inclined, skilled notetakers to post and share documents with students who struggle to follow along in lectures or who might have missed a class. We pay the notetakers and resell their materials to classmates who need them.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sloboda Studio?

In recent years, our development resources have been somewhat limited. We’ve slowed down product development, and our developers have been focusing on a different project. We needed an outsourced team to take care of bug fixes and performance issues on our platform.

Due to our marketing strategy, we acquire most student users at the beginning of the semester. Some of our channels were experiencing problems with data and loading times. The platform simply wasn’t prepared for hundreds of new users all at once.

Our platform was initially built on Ruby on Rails, and Sloboda Studio has the specific development expertise to manage it. They started by resolving performance issues.

Initially, we only requested backend development. We ended up needing frontend services as well. Sloboda Studio made frontend resources available for us right away, which was a great help.

We mainly worked with one developer, Kostyantin (Ruby Developer, Sloboda Studio). We didn’t interface with the frontend developers. Whenever we needed another resource to support their developer, I was always amazed that they’d have one ready within 48 hours.

How did you come to work with Sloboda Studio?

A couple of agencies came highly recommended, but we also wanted to consider providers we hadn’t heard of before. We chose Sloboda Studio because they were extremely professional and offered great prices. They seemed like a team we would enjoy working with.

We worked together from December 2018–January 2019.

Sloboda Studio alleviated all the performance issues. Hiring a domestic developer would have cost us 150% more for the same work. They accomplished the objectives we set, and their team worked hand-in-hand with ours.

We’re really pleased we partnered with Sloboda Studio. Our budget was the only reason we couldn’t extend the contract.

The lead developer performed will in a challenging situation. We hadn’t used outsourced developers before and had high expectations for a startup.

How did Sloboda Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

One of the company’s principals attended our initial planning meeting. Alex (Project Lead, Sloboda Studio) wanted to make sure that the engagement met our expectations. Daily kickoff meetings included the lead developer from Sloboda Studio, myself, our company’s co-founder and CTO, and another external project manager. Even though this was a lot of people to manage, they did so very effectively.

We used the time zone difference between us to our advantage. When I’d start my day three hours before business hours began, I’d check Slack for questions from the developer. At that point, he’d have been online for six hours. We conducted code reviews and testing throughout the day. I sent instructions in Google Docs and videos that indicated where to focus. We held check-in meetings toward the end of his day, leaving him about an hour to resolve any issues before logging off.

Rather than us having to adopt their communication practices, they were happy to use ours. We included them in our Slack teams. There wasn’t an excessive language barrier, and we talked through any misunderstandings.

The team is highly organized, accessible, and responsive. They answered all our questions. Sloboda Studio genuinely cared about completing our project at the price they quoted us. There were never hidden charges. I was quite impressed. If I needed to reach the COO, he’d respond on Slack within 20 minutes.

We required outside project management. I don’t recall if they offer those services, but they should consider doing so if they don’t already. They could provide a project manager and increase the rate by 25%.

If clients are based in the U.S. or Latin America, they should be empathetic about the time zone difference.  Having different schedules and locations poses challenges. Be understanding if a provider can’t work the exact same hours as you,

This type of engagement goes hand-in-hand with asynchronous collaboration, which can honestly be more productive. Constant communication can pose distractions. I suggest dedicating 30-60 minutes to answer questions, and putting a process in place for daily check-in meetings.

I’ve recommended them to a couple of people already.

Ruby on Rails Development for Health & Wellness Firm

"The quality of their code is excellent, and they delivered every one of our complex requirements."

Oct. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Sloboda Studio built an exercise information platform for a health and wellness firm. They developed the product, which includes an advanced scheme editing algorithm, using Ruby on Rails.

Maarssen, Netherlands
Dirk-Jan Hoek
Head of Software Development, MyDailyLifestyle

The platform they delivered has streamlined a significant client service process. They were efficient and communicative, addressing challenges and problems in a timely manner. Customers can expect high-quality deliverables and professionalism from their team.

I’m the head of software development at MyDailyLifestyle. We help our customers achieve happiness and productivity through healthier lifestyle choices. I oversee software design and development for our company.

For what projects/services did your company hire Sloboda Studio?

We hired Sloboda Studio to build a tool that could generate fitness advice and exercise templates.

We needed an efficient platform that could quickly deliver content to our users.

We’d previously worked with Sloboda Studio on a successful project, and they’d performed better than other firms. We gave them a pilot task, which they executed well. Soon after, we decided to officially begin development.

We wrote a clear specification brief that we delivered to their team. Our requirements included a complex matrix for editing schemes, which they implemented using Ruby on Rails.

The project team included a manager and three developers.

Our coaches are now able to generate exercise advice for our clients much more rapidly, and in a uniform manner. This saves us time and has improved our brand image.

There was one project lead who was the main point of contact. She was responsive and effective, and reached out to the developers when we encountered issues that were too technical.

Sloboda Studio is well-organized and collaborative. The quality of their code is excellent, and they delivered every one of our complex requirements.

There is some room for improvement in terms of communication skills, but overall, their work was excellent.

Administrative System Creation for Commercial Product Co.

"Specialists made informed decisions and used fitting technologies throughout the project."

Mar. - Nov. 2018

Sloboda Studio created an administrative system that displays data from a variety of devices by storing it on one server. The team also implemented an API to facilitate access to the system.

Tallinn, Estonia
Co-Owner, Commercial Product Co.

Project development only required a short amount of time due to effective management and productive communication. The team organized their schedule according to a rational timeline.

I am a founder of a commercial product company that manufactures and sells equipment for paintball, laser tag, airsoft, and reball.

For what projects/services did your company hire Sloboda Studio?

We hired Sloboda Studio to implement an administrative system that could store business statistics from a variety of devices in one server.

We wanted to consolidate source data from a variety of locations so all of the information could be accessed and analyzed together.

Based on past experience, we felt comfortable working with their specialists. We knew the team effectively manages projects according to practical goals.

Sloboda Studio implemented an open source software framework to test the API before synchronizing our systems. The team then developed an administrative system to gather statistics from various devices and store the data on one server.

The project team consisted of a backend developer and a project manager in charge of QA.

Sloboda Studio’s work has facilitated more educated business decisions by providing access to source data from different locations. Our analysis of that data has yielded helpful insights about client behavior.

Once we explained our business needs, the project manager effectively outlined a timeline and worked quickly to accomplish our goals.

Specialists made informed decisions and used fitting technologies throughout the project. Collaboration with the team was highly productive, and the development process only took 100 hours. It appeared easy for them to reach our objectives.

I don’t have any notes. The team’s responsive communication supported solutions to any questions that arose during the process.

Overall Score Effective collaboration and project management were highlights of working with the team.
    Communication about the project timeline was exceptional.
    They provided an average cost for a quality service.
    Everything was great.
    Yes, I would reccomend hiring Sloboda Studio.

Web Platform Re-development for Catering Concierge Service

"They just wanted to deliver for us."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Sloboda Studio developed a web platform using Ruby on Rails. They did frontend development and worked on UI/UX design.

Florida
Executive, Catering Concierge Service

The team delivered efficiently and their speed and skill earned praise from the client. Sloboda Studio’s design work improved UX, and their development saved time and money on operations, which has improved overall business capability by freeing up resources.

I’m the CEO of a catering concierge service. We help corporate customers organize and execute catering from different great local restaurants by providing them with estimates, menu options, and then ultimately finding the right menu for whatever needs they have all the way through to the delivery of the food to their event.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sloboda Studio?

I needed to find a company to take on a development role and work with what our previous vendor had started.  We needed a web platform developed that allowed us to not only operationally improve our processes and automation, but also to give our customers a unique experience that allows them a better way of ordering catering.

The challenge for us was that because we had already had been operating for seven years and had already used the third-party applications, our customers were already used to a certain process and experience. It wasn’t like we could start small with an MVP and build from there. We had to at least provide the customers with the same experience that they’ve been having or better.

They developed our web platform on Ruby on Rails. They also handled some of the frontend work and the UX/UI of the platform.

At first, I worked with Alex (Head of Growth, Sloboda Studio) and Olga (Cofounder, Sloboda Studio) who evaluated our existing platform. We went over the items that we needed to get developed or fix or modify in order for us to launch. Then they assigned it to a project manager, a frontend developer, a backend developer, and someone who does a little of both.

How did you come to work with Sloboda Studio?

We evaluated Ruby on Rails developer based on their Clutch reviews. I was concerned about the communication differences of doing something overseas. When I reached out to Sloboda Studio, they were willing to chat with me on the weekend. It’s such a little thing, but just for that alone, I fell in love with them because I don’t have time during the week. We had a good conversation with Alex. Their team analyzed our existing software and gave us good advice in how to move forward. They recognized there were some faults, but they didn’t badmouth our previous developer. They weren’t so much focused on solving the problem, but building a relationship with me, which is what I wanted. I wanted someone I could partner with.

We started working together in December 2018 and the work is ongoing.

Sloboda Studio did in four or five months what took our previous vendor over a year. Not only did they do it, but they did it very effectively, efficiently, and with great skill. There’s a lot of transparency in the way that we developed. They’re creating efficiency on operations and they’ve substantially improved the UX. They’re saving me time and money on operations. What used to take somebody an hour to do is done in five minutes. That high-level person can now turn their focus toward other business areas.

How did Sloboda Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is great. The projects have been group projects. One project will consist of four or five different tasks that need to be developed. Once that’s completed, we create a new project that also contains four or five different tasks. We may have switched some of the developers, but the project manager has been consistent for everything. Olga has been a part of that as well. There’s always been someone consistently overseeing what it is we’re doing.

Every person that has come in to work on our platform has picked up from where the other person left off without any issues. I haven’t had to retrain anyone. It’s a completely seamless process. They’re always available to help.

One of the things that was really admirable is their humility. They didn’t criticize our previous vendor. They just said they would help us out. There was no ego. They just wanted to deliver for us. They weren’t interested in just fixing our platform but wanted to build a partnership with us.

We didn’t get into wireframes because of the cost associated with it. They were trying to help me with my budget and we skipped that. Not that it caused a problem, but it certainly created extra work that didn’t need to be done. Having a better picture of what you’re doing and what the end result will be is something they can improve on.

You need to interview as many as possible so they can gauge the difference. This is one of the areas where Sloboda Studio really stood out. You need to articulate what you’re looking to do as best as possible. Be familiar with what you have. You need to know why certain languages are better for other things. You need to have a basic foundation.

What might be easy for the client, in reality, is not easy for development. Simply changing a color or a font could take hours of development. You need to understand some of those things before you start talking to developers.

I have already recommended them.

Custom Software & Web Dev for Recruiting Company

"Their project manager is in touch with me every day, and their team is very responsive."

Sloboda Studio delivers custom web development for an employment services provider. They built a platform that gives users access to candidate profiles and other relevant data. The product has yet to launch.

United Arab Emirates
Managing Partner, Recruiting Company

The application has performed well in QA testing, and internal stakeholders are pleased with the interface. The team is dedicated to the project, and their professional approach has made for a fluid development process. Customers can expect engaging collaboration and strict adherence to deadlines.

I’m a managing partner at a Middle Eastern employment services provider. We offer recruiting services to finance and banking firms.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sloboda Studio?

We were looking to build a platform that would help our users find suitable candidates. We also wanted to upgrade our system through automating our database.

They built a product that processes our data and gives users access to candidate profiles and data analysis. They’re currently building a website to house the platform, and they’re adding security measures to protect our data.

I work with a team of seven people, which includes their COO, an account manager, and several developers.

How did you come to work with Sloboda Studio?

I conducted initial research on Clutch and shortlisted about six or seven companies. I held phone meetings with each of these firms, and most of them were unable to grasp my requirements. I eventually spoke with Yaroslav (COO, Sloboda Studio), and he understood our project immediately. I chose them because they knew exactly what we wanted, and they could identify the technologies they would use to meet our needs.

We’ve spent approximately $20,000–$25,000.

The project began in January 2019, and the work is ongoing.

The product has performed spectacularly in testing, and we’re very much looking forward to launching it in the near future.

How did Sloboda Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate primarily via WhatsApp and email. They’ve also sent us YouTube video presentations with relevant information. Their project manager is in touch with me every day, and their team is very responsive.

They’ve also been very transparent in terms of their time management. Every month, they send a detailed report of hours spent on each task. They set clear deadlines and always deliver on time.

We’ve remained under budget, and they’ve stuck to the outline they initially gave us. They fully understand our requirements, and when I ask them for suggestions, they give concise and meaningful answers. I’ve also very much appreciated the YouTube videos they produced.

This is minor, but they could improve their web design capabilities. This would help with marketing the product. Other than that, there isn’t much that I can provide in terms of constructive criticism. They’ve been excellent.

Be clear about what you want, and they will be honest with you about their abilities. Also, I’m not sure that they’ll be able to develop an app without a preexisting database, so keep that in mind.

If you’re an established business with a robust database, I would highly recommend them.

MVP Development for Expert Engagement Marketplace

"… their skilled developers were willing to work with us at any capacity."

June - Dec. 2017

Sloboda Studio developed the entire frontend, backend, and an admin panel for an MVP with the goal of raising funds, obtaining user insights, and appealing to investors.

Zee Moric
CEO, Expert Access

Their expert developers produced an MVP that shows investors that there’s a team and a great product in place, ready for more funds. Sloboda Studio’s developers provided helpful tech insight, produced high-quality code, and went a step ahead of just taking direction by asking the right questions.

I’m the CEO and co-founder of Expert Access, a marketplace where people can book time to speak with experts in the sports and entertainment industry. We’re currently building our MVP and are looking to launch early next year.

For what projects/services did your company hire Sloboda Studio?

They were hired to assist us in building the frontend, backend, and admin panel for our MVP.

Our objective was to have our MVP help us gain customer insights and have something to demo as we raise funds.

We researched different teams overseas on multiple marketplaces. Sloboda Studio’s experience was enough to draw us in for an initial conversation, after which we knew that they were the right team for the project. Since I come from an agency background, I knew that their project managers were listening and offering valuable insight into our conversations.

Sloboda Studio helped us assess the technology to build our platform on, proposing the most advanced and cost-effective languages. We anticipate working with them on all of our future phases.

They assigned two project managers and two developers to our project. Our internal team handled all of the UI/UX and worked with their team to get our vision onto the screen.

We've managed to get our admin, frontend, and backend up and running. We’re still working towards getting our entire MVP complete, but Sloboda Studio’s work so far has been very helpful for showing our investors that we already have a team in place that knows how to execute.

Project management was great. One of the project managers seemed to be more experienced and helped the lower level manager when needed. They did an excellent job of managing our expectations and driving the project forward by asking questions and not just taking direction. This was very helpful because they had very good insight and valid points regarding the used technologies and how certain features work.

It’s critical to have technical insight as well as great communication, which they do. Furthermore, their skilled developers were willing to work with us at any capacity.

They should work on verifying the functionality of a feature before building it. We only had one small issue where we missed the exact functionality that we needed to create.

Overall Score They’re a great team that produces great work!
    Scheduling was just fine. They were always ready for our calls.
    The cost was right at the market rate and they've actually kept us at a fixed rate while the market has shifted, which is very honorable.
    They produce solid and clean code. I actually had some developer friends audit the code and it was up to industry standards.
    I would immediately refer them to anyone looking to build their project.

Web Platform MVP for Content Creation Company

“Their development team and leadership were remarkable.”

Feb. - June 2018

Using provided UI/UX mockups and a preliminary prototype, Sloboda Studio developed an MVP of a web app to demo to investors. The MVP features a Ruby on Rails backend.

San Francisco Bay Area, California
Co-founder, Content Creation Company

Sloboda Studio refined the prototype’s design and concept, allowing the internal team to take over future development. While rotating developers posed some challenges, the staff kept extensive documentation throughout the process and maintained open communication.

I’m one of the co-founders of a content creation company. We’re developing a tool to make it easier for content creators in the media and entertainment industries to collaborate.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sloboda Studio?

We approached Sloboda Studio to develop a basic MVP of our web-based app to show to investors. It needed to be a semi-functional prototype that demonstrated what we were trying to do.

We provided Sloboda Studio with UI/UX mockups as well as an initial prototype to start. Their team implemented the UI design into the prototype using React. Afterward, they developed the backend functionality as needed using Ruby on Rails.

The team consisted of a frontend developer, a backend developer, and a product manager.

How did you come to work with Sloboda Studio?

We found them on Upwork and interviewed them. Because our other co-founder had a lot of technical experience, he interviewed the developers to gauge their Rails expertise and knowledge.

Their work lasted from February–June 2018.

Sloboda Studio’s efforts allowed us to move the product forward, getting to a point where our internal team could proceed with future product development. We were also able to clear up some of our initial design decisions once we started building the prototype. Their team supported us throughout, helping us bring an actual MVP to some of our customers.

How did Sloboda Studio perform from a project management standpoint?

Their product manager was responsible for coordinating efforts on the development side and updating us on the project status. The team had excellent English skills, so we had no problems communicating back and forth. They kept extensive notes and Excel spreadsheets to keep track of hours, telling us clearly how much time they spent on certain tasks.

Their development team and leadership were remarkable. The frontend developers knew what they were doing, and the management was also strong. I even had the chance to meet their founder, who is excellent; he's driving the company forward.

It would’ve been beneficial to have a more consistent team. This is partly due to our own budget limitations, but when a developer completes their task, the management can replace them with a different developer to keep everyone staffed. However, it’s challenging to work on a project with a rotating team. Having a dedicated developer stay on throughout the project would've been more conducive.

Communication is key. During the development phase, document everything and communicate your point multiple times. It’s better to over-communicate than under-communicate.

Web Development for IoT Nonprofit

"This was a collaborative, positive experience."

Aug. - Aug. 2018

Sloboda Studio built a responsive, multi-page website with interactive tools and complex graphics.

Berlin, Germany
Alexey Sobolev
Software Engineer, IOTA Foundation

The website looked fantastic, and development concluded within the established schedule and budget. Sloboda Studio made the whole process enjoyable, answering questions clearly and always delivering on time. Their efficiency and transparency made them a great partner.

I'm a software developer at IOTA, a non-profit foundation developing an open source, permissionless distributed ledger technology for the IoT economy. We seek to enable innovation across multiple industries and regions.

Our goal was to create new UI/UX designs for multiple pages, with assets and mock-ups provided in an accessible fashion.

I had worked with Sloboda Studio in the past and was always satisfied with the quality and speed of their work. Their communication was always good.

We hired them to build a new multi-page website for our data marketplace project. They created lots of graphics, interactive elements, and a responsive design that looked great on any device. It took one short video call to explain the requirements, after which the designer immediately began working on mock-ups. They opened the deliverables for feedback and implemented change requests on time.

We had one UX/UI designer and two managers from Sloboda Studio, who worked with one of our frontend developers.

Their UI/UX experts did a great job. They provided the deliverables we agreed upon and completed the project within our timeframe and budget.

The workflow was effective and comfortable. They clarified open questions rapidly and respectfully.

I especially liked communicating in my native language. This was a collaborative, positive experience. I will engage with Sloboda Studio again for our future website needs.

We were satisfied with them every step of the way.

Bronze