High performance marketing websites

Hi, we're Skyhook
Over the last 10 years, our small team of experts has built more than 500 high performance marketing websites for people just like you.

WHAT DO WE MEAN BY "HIGH PERFORMANCE?"
Skyhook websites are optimized for marketing:

• Beautiful visuals that match your brand provide an engaging user experience
  • Fully mobile responsive sites built on mobile-first design and code
  • Easily maintained backend is built with WordPress, and polished for your needs
  • SEO ready by following best practices in code
  • Powerfully measurable from team members who are Google Analytics IQ certified
  • Well coded with browser compatibility, speed, and security in mind

AN EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE
You'll love working with us. Here's why:

• Focused on the project purpose means we are building with marketing in mind
  • Driven to completion because marketing can't start until the site launches
  • Painless with a well-defined build process and an educational approach
  • Transparent communication and progress feedback to keep you in the loop
  • Well supported with custom video training and a dedicated support specialist
  • Quick build times

2008
Mesa, AZ

Skyhook has done work for over 500 brands across every major industry vertical. Some of our more notable clients include:

• Make-A-Wish Foundation
  • Desert Mountain
  • Pink Jeep Tours
  • The Arizona Superbowl Host Committee

Desert Mountain

Featuring the world’s largest collection of Championship Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses, this high-end development needed to offer a suave, sophisticated website to current and potential residents. We built a MLS/IDX property search tool for the site, as well as an interactive map highlighting different parts of the Desert Mountain community. By integrating existing forms, we merged the new design with their in-house CRM

San Carlos Health

The San Carlos Apache Healthcare Corporation approached us to develop a new website that showed off their brand new facility and services. The first of it’s kind in the area, this new hospital centralized services and created new opportunities for a community in need, and because it’s operated by the tribe it respects and maintains the values they hold dear.

href="https://skyhookinteractive.com/case-studies/san-carlos-apache-healthcare-corporation/">Read the full case study

Desert Star Construction

When it comes to custom homebuilders, Desert Star Construction takes their work to the next level. These multi-million dollar homes needed a portfolio that matched their luxury and class, so not only does the site describe the business, it has a filtered, categorized gallery to show off all aspects of the homes.

Read the full case

study

Prisma Graphic

Prisma spent 30 years carving out a reputation as Phoenix, Arizona’s premier print vendor, thanks to its consistently high-quality printing services and knowledgeable staff. As customer loyalty and trust grew, Prisma’s customers began to ask for even more services. Embracing a chance to evolve into something unique in the marketplace, they transformed into a full-service marketing provider, expanding from printing to marketing

strategy and design.

But when they added interactive and website development services to the mix, things hit a bit of a snag. That’s when they turned to Skyhook for help building out this area of their business offerings, forging a partnership that has saved them time and money by creating a more efficient process for scoping, managing, and delivering interactive projects.

Lifelock Business Solutions

LifeLock is one of the most well-known identity theft protection companies around. Targeted mostly at consumers, LifeLock offers three levels of protection ranging from basic monitoring and alerts to comprehensive protection that includes more in-depth monitoring services.

Seeing the potential in B2B partnerships, LifeLock decided to put a greater focus on building out this business channel by launching a campaign. Of

course, this campaign needed a website, one that clearly organized all of the sites educational content and was viewable across browsers. And, naturally, the site had to be completely and totally secure - after all, this is a company that stakes its name on protecting people’s information.

Super Bowl XLIX

All of Arizona celebrated when the state was awarded the right to host Super Bowl XLIX. As Arizonans eagerly watched the season’s games and guess who’d be coming to town in February 2015, the nonprofit Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee had a big task on their hands: generating excitement among local stakeholders and getting the state ready to make a good first impression to the influx of visitors.

Among their

preparations was the creation of a website to feature all of the relevant information about the big game. They hired local agency EB Lane (now LaneTerralever) to design the site, and Skyhook was chosen as the development partner in the project.

Web Development for Rehabilitation Company

"Skyhook Interactive created virtual services for us that were unknown in the tech world."

Aug. 2006 - Ongoing

Skyhook Interactive built a WordPress virtual rehabilitation training platform which included e-commerce capabilities. The team now works in an ongoing improvement capacity.

Phoenix, Arizona
Charles Maka
General Manager, Evo Ultrafit

The platform has greatly improved interactions with users, saving time and money. Skyhook Interactive performed well in terms of project management, setting a project manager who was responsible for communicating the project scope to the whole team.

I am the general manager of Evo Ultra Fit, a training and rehabilitation facility.

What challenge were you trying to address with Skyhook Interactive?

Our initial goal at that time was education. We needed a website developed that would help our customers understand what we do. That site also had to integrate some e-commerce functionalities.

Skyhook Interactive started with a simple customer-facing website with simple information. The project evolved into creating a virtual training platform. That has now gone through five or six iterations and has morphed into six different training platforms. When we say training, this refers to rehabilitation and therapy. Skyhook Interactive built the website from scratch using a version of WordPress.

How did you come to work with Skyhook Interactive?

Skyhook Interactive was a recommendation to us. I also did some work with other people, but ended up coming back to Skyhook Interactive.

How much have you invested with Skyhook Interactive?

We've spent around $40,000 during the course of our relationship with Skyhook Interactive.

We began working with them about 10 years ago.

Our ability to interact with our users has become far more efficient, thanks to Skyhook Interactive's help. We're saving a large amount of time and that was the goal.

How did Skyhook Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

Skyhook Interactive did a good job in terms of project management. I generally communicated with one person. Their team made sure that they knew the scope of the project, and then we worked together to make sure that we all stayed on task. Sometimes, I was behind, sometimes delays happened because what we were building was one of a kind. Unforeseen problems cropped up, and we had to deal with them. The management of the whole process was a two-way street, a dialogue of making sure that everyone was getting what he or she needed when he or she needed it. That way, things got done.

What did you find most impressive about Skyhook Interactive?

They've been great and have worked well with us on a lot of different challenges. Skyhook Interactive created virtual services for us that were unknown in the tech world. They were literally building things from the ground up. Based on the nature of the work that we've done with them, they've done a good job.

Are there any areas Skyhook Interactive could improve?

I feel that's a challenging question simply because of the unique nature of our project with Skyhook Interactive. There were so many things that we could always say, "Well, we should do all of these things better."

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Skyhook Interactive?

It would help to have constant communication between the customer and Skyhook Interactive. You need to find a way and make sure that both the client and Skyhook Interactive are on the same page. Each person should be getting the pieces needed for the task at hand.

I always do.

WordPress Development for Independent Web Designer

"They're good people: honest, down-to-Earth, and no hype. That's not a sales pitch, they're just the real thing."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Skyhook Interactive supplements a freelance web developer on large WordPress management projects. They team has worked on over 70 web pages in this partnership.

Sole Proprietor

San Francisco Bay Area
Owner, Digital Agency

The team is professional enough to speak directly with clients and can do so in many different languages, which is useful for international clients. Skyhook provides honest and well-done work with minimal supervision. They have a great support mechanism for communicating issues.

I have my own company, and I work with many clients. I do everything that has to do with a website: web design, SEO [search engine optimization], web development, coding, HTML, design, and content strategy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Skyhook Interactive?

I have really tough and very sophisticated clients. I manage 80 sites for one of my clients, and that’s a big thing. I couldn’t dot all the i’s and cross all the t’s myself, given the volume of websites I’m handling. I started off giving Skyhook one, then I went to two, and then I went to ten. Also, those sites change every minute of every day. They are big changes, like when I just moved 21 sites from different pages to scrolling sites. We had to change all the SEO, the templates, and everything.

Right now, Skyhook Interactive manages more than 70 WordPress sites for me, but those are just the ongoing ones. I do one-offs with them all the time. I use WordPress and many content management systems for different clients, depending on where they are. I occasionally work with other designers when I need two or three things designed at the same time. But, for WordPress, I try to stick with Skyhook Interactive because they know me and know what I'm after. They're ahead of the curve in multiple languages, such as Hebrew, Japanese, Mandarin, and Portuguese. They get on the phone with developers in various countries with me. They're smarter than I am when it comes to coding, especially when you have to do Hebrew backward, from left to right.

How did you come to work with Skyhook Interactive?

I don't know how I found Skyhook Interactive originally because it was quite some time ago. I met the president, then I met the key person, my account manager. When I have a new vendor, I give them two or three projects and see how they do. Often, I give them two or three clients at the same time because I want people to be scalable. I needed to see if I can trust them with volume in the years ahead. When I did this with Skyhook Interactive, they were leaps and bounds ahead of the competition. They turned it around, it was done, and then I gave them more.

How much have you invested with Skyhook Interactive?

I have so many vendors, so I can't really say how much I have spent on Skyhook Interactive.

I don't remember when the partnership began. I'd have to go back and search invoices. I don't know. I only save the billing for about three years, and I know it's been much longer than that.

Skyhook Interactive has been an excellent and very competent partner. People come to me because of a reputation for reliability and "count-on-ability." I'm currently handling more than 70 websites, and I've never had a mistake or a glitch. I can't think of any greater success story than that from how I operate, given the volume I have. I work with good developers and good UX [user experience] people from Skyhook Interactive. They're good people: honest, down-to-Earth, and no hype. That's not a sales pitch, they're just the real thing.

I work with so many vendors and get all these sales pitches, which are great. But, then, when the deliverable comes, it doesn't quite match. I feel like I have to fill in many of the gaps myself. I don't need to do that with Skyhook. They're just truthful, honest hard workers. They don't have to do things 90 times with 70 phone calls. I'm sure other people have different criteria given what they're working on. For me, Skyhook Interactive is all about trust and reliability. For me, a great success story is when you can let go of that trapeze and know you're going to be caught. There's no need for micromanagement. Their turnaround time is my favorite thing in the whole world. With other vendors, I have to go, "OK, what's the ETA? What do you think? Is it a week or month?" I don't need to do all that follow up with Skyhook, which almost brings me to tears. You put it out there and they say, "Here it is. Do you want to review it?" They are very low maintenance and very fast, without any mistakes. What else could make me happy?

How did Skyhook Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

Because I've worked with Skyhook Interactive for so many years, they know who I am, how I work, and my attention to detail. I am very detail-oriented, and if somebody misses a comma, I point it out. They're so used to interacting with me through so many years that our email interface is, "Hey, Chris, can you swap this for this?" "Yep. Got it." "Thanks, bye." That's how quick it is. There's very little interaction because it's just zip, email, and it's done.

If it's a huge project like the one I gave them this morning [August 2016], they would say, "Next week," which didn't surprise me. Somebody else would say, "Well, this will take a month and we'll have to review it." They also have a very good support ticket for tiny things like if a link is broken. You just load it to their help desk, and it's done before you even finish sending the email.

What did you find most impressive about Skyhook Interactive?

I was working with them on another project the other day. That client said, "I need to write up and compare the value of one content management system compared to the other." I've worked with that client for years. They're an international consulting company, and they wanted to go with this other company. I asked Skyhook Interactive to do the research. I said, "If the client decides to go with this other company, I'm not going to be the person for them because I don't want to learn yet a seventh content management system and a new company. Could you write up the benefits without any agenda – no sales pitch – of the benefits of one group over the other?" They never mentioned Skyhook Interactive. It was flawlessly brilliant. I just said to the client, "You may want to look at this research and compare different content managers. Make whatever decision you think. I'll support it." Within one second, they were back knocking at my door. I did not do that paper; Skyhook Interactive did it for me. I knew Skyhook Interactive was familiar with the details of what the developers had to deal with when systems aren't fully built out. I needed that paper within five hours because it was an international client with different time zones. I wasn't even trying to close the deal. I couldn't have cared less if I had the company or not. But, that client closed the deal within two seconds after they received the paper. It was good. I know it was probably a bit of a problem for Skyhook to stop what they were doing to write this for me, but we have a long relationship of deep trust and regard. Plus, now that they're going to do it, it's going to be another big project for them, so it was probably worth their while in the end.

Are there any areas Skyhook Interactive could improve?

I can't think of any areas that they need to improve. I am grateful that they're there for me. They are my safety net. It's a huge part of my job that I don't need to worry about.

They’re ahead of time. It’s really like a six.