Custom Wordpress Design & Development

SILVER VERIFIED

Site Nine Studios is a full service coding studio based in Newport Beach, California and provides premium white label web development services to a national network of award winning creative agency clients.

Specializing in converting client’s designs and concepts in to pixel perfect responsive web applications, we have built a reputation for incredible reliability and best-in class quality code.

We have focused our approach and expertise around working within the Wordpress platform, but also develop for WooCommerce, Magento and Drupal.

Our long-term association with high-end agencies has helped us evolve our model and become a specialty web development service provider, winning the trust and confidence as a partner agencies can count on.

Newport Beach, CA
  • 4533 Macarthur Blvd Ste 5069
    Newport Beach, CA 92660

See more of our latest client projects here - www.siteninestudios.com/featured-work/

Owl Cyber Security Image

Owl Cyber Security

XD to WP development for the Owl Cyber Defense site.

Pie Headwear Image

Pie Headwear

Full custom development of this DIY Hat Design Tool by Pie Headwear.

Forza Image

Forza

Custom Wordpress theme development for the Forza USA site launch.

Northeastern Image

Northeastern

Advanced PSD to WP theme development for the NE College of Science site.

Donut Crazy Image

Donut Crazy

PSD to WP development of the slick Hatch redesign for Donut Crazy.

Human Sparks Image

Human Sparks

PSD to WP dev on this interactive design.

Web Dev for Graphic Design Studio

“They deliver high quality work and are very responsive.”

May - June 2020

Site Nine Studios provided WordPress development services for a graphic design studio. Their work included creating a site for a third-party client based on mockups.

St. Louis, Missouri
Steve O'Neal
Principal, O'Neal Design

Site Nine Studios’ efforts have met the mark. The team accurately translated the mockups into a functional site and they were easy to collaborate with. Customers can expect a responsive vendor that aims to please.

I’m the principal of a small graphic design studio.

What challenge were you trying to address with Site Nine Studios?

We needed a partner we could send overflow work to.

For the project we worked on together, I worked on the design of a WordPress website, and then they built it out for me from scratch. I provided mockups of what the site should look like and they created it based off of that.

David (Owner & Project Manager) was my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Site Nine Studios?

I received a direct mail postcard and held onto it. I called David and things worked out great.

We spent around $1200.

We started working together in May 2020 and we wrapped up in June 2020.

I’m extremely happy with Site Nine’s work. The work they did in taking my mockups and building the site was great. Compare to other vendors I’ve worked with, they needed less guidance and delivered what I needed. The work that they did was of high quality.

How did Site Nine Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

Whenever I called or emailed, David would get back to me promptly. My emails were always returned.

They deliver high-quality work and are very responsive.

No, I had no complaints.

My advice is to be very transparent and upfront in terms of your abilities, what you’re looking for, and what you want to get out of Site Nine. Be honest with your level of experience and things will work out well.

They were very responsive to calls and emails. If there was a change, they were good about answering quickly.

Web Development for Marketing Agency

"They continually meet our deadlines and have made my life easier."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Site Nine Studios developed multiple websites for a marketing company. The team built WordPress platforms according to designs provided by the client.

San Diego, California
Project Manager, Marketing Agency

The websites were consistently delivered in a timely manner, meeting the expectations of the internal team and their customers. Site Nine Studios effectively manages projects, responding rapidly to inquiries and consistently communicating with the client.

Project Manager

Multiple custom WordPress sites

Build out custom WordPress sites according to designs

Company selected

WordPress site built according to design.

Owner and developers

Met timeline, easy to work with

David does a great job at managing projects from start to finish and is so easy to work with. He is responsive and hits our agreed-upon deadlines.

David is great to work with. He's honest, quick to respond, and his team completes great work. They continually meet our deadlines and have made my life easier. I know I can always depend on them which I really appreciate.

I've worked with lots of developers in my career, and it can be hard to find a developer that meets deadlines consistently and is meticulous about details, but David and his team are all this and more. Great to work with, and very highly recommend.

Very little to improve on here. Some small details here and there, but overall very good work. Any feedback we have sent, David and his team have been happy to fix for future projects.

Custom WordPress Dev for Tech Startup

“I’m really thankful to Site Nine Studios, and I’ll continue to work with them in the future.”

Oct. 2019 - Feb. 2020

Site Nine Studios developed a WordPress site for a tech startup using WPBakery and designs provided to them. They integrated WooCommerce, Stripe, HubSpot, a backend page editor, and a custom navigation system.

San Diego, California
Creative Director, Tech Startup

Site Nine Studios delivered a functional website that is displaying products better than the previous site did. The responsive team took schedule and scope changes in stride, even providing assistance that was outside the statement of work. Their incredibly reasonable prices provided value for cost.

Our company’s a startup that has been around for over five years. We sell a technology-related product for scientific testing and measurement purposes. It’s a complex product that I don’t fully understand, as I don’t have a technical background. I’m the creative director, focused more on the visual side of the company — our online presentations, videos, trade shows, and so on.

What challenge were you trying to address with Site Nine Studios?

Hiring them was our second shot at engaging a web development company that could help us bring a new website to life. I found our first company through a database of people that do HubSpot-related websites. I contacted them to help design and build our website. The project was supposed to take six months, and it ended up stretching beyond a year.

We provided Site Nine Studios with the design package, which was based on what the other agency had done and what I’d designed. We wanted the site to be developed on WordPress, and that’s what they did for us. They built the site using WPBakery. We have a page editor on the backend, where we can make edits and see page previews.

Site Nine Studios integrated the site with WooCommerce and Stripe. We have to sell through three different stores in order to cover the regions we’re targeting. We have a store for North America, one for Australia, and one for the rest of the world. They implemented a custom navigation system with a mega menu that absorbs a sub-nav on certain pages of the website when scrolling down.

We also wanted a HubSpot integration, and one of the custom things that Site Nine Studios made was a form that users fill out that goes straight to HubSpot. It required a bit of additional development on their end. They had a solution that they thought would work, but I wasn’t satisfied with it. They were willing to implement another solution for the HubSpot integration.

I don’t know how many people were involved. All of my communication was through the project manager. We had an initial discussion on the scope of the work, after which they made a draft that we approved and refined.

How did you come to work with Site Nine Studios?

I looked on Clutch, which seemed to have a pretty good database of companies. One of the criteria I used to narrow things down was WordPress development. I sent multiple companies a statement of work to see who could do the remaining development, and for what price. Site Nine Studios seemed capable and came in with the most affordable bid, so we started the project with them.

My company spent $5,000–$6,000.

We worked with Site Nine Studios between October 2019–February 2020.

I don’t have metrics yet. We pushed it live just last week, so it’s fresh. The things that we need to work are functioning. The flow works, and our products are showing up much better than on the other website. Everything seems to be working fine. We caught stray bugs here and there, but it was nothing that couldn’t be solved, and I’m not embarrassed with the website as it stands.

They continued to answer questions after the website was delivered. The statement of work didn’t include them setting the website up for us; they were just going to code based on our design and then send us the entire package for someone on our team to set it up on AWS. We ran into a few snags, and Site Nine Studios was willing to interact with us beyond their scope of work, without charging us extra.

How did Site Nine Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

We were using Basecamp with the other agency, and I didn’t want to use that because the formatting would get stripped anytime I sent feedback. I set the process of sending Site Nine Studios a Google Doc whenever they gave me an update. We didn’t use any project management tools. We had a lot of back and forth. I’d get an update from Site Nine Studios and would then put together a Google Doc listing the changes I wanted. They gave me access to the platform so that I could co-develop with them, since there were pages that I needed to write content for while they were doing development.

I was pleased with their responsiveness. Site Nine Studios wasn’t the most well-oiled machine for project management, but that could be because they were willing to follow the pace I set. As soon as they sent me the state of the site, I gave them back a document with the changes we needed, and they made those changes. I was fine with that.

It’s definitely the price; that was what drove us to work with them in the first place. With a decreased price, there comes the expectation that the work won’t come with the bells and whistles that a higher cost website comes with. If we’re saving a lot of money and getting a product that might require a bit more of a hands-on process in the end, then it’s worth it to me. I’m really thankful to Site Nine Studios, and I’ll continue to work with them in the future.

At times, there were little bugs on the site that could’ve been caught earlier. They fixed everything, though. They don’t have a super fine attention to detail. That’s something we’d expect when paying super high bucks, but it was good for the price we paid.

If client wants to have a successful project with Site Nine Studios, they should be willing to document the changes they need and provide clear feedback throughout the process. Site Nine Studios will be able to work with that feedback. However, if you leave them guessing about what you want, they’re not shy about making an educated guess, and it may be that the choice they make is different than the one you would’ve. That’s just them operating with the best that they have, based on the information that has been given to them.

If the client has a vision for their website, they need to express it. Site Nine Studios will work with it and bring it to life. They’re really good at working without a ton of developer notes, but, if you want the website to be exactly as you imagined it, it’s probably good to take the time right off the bat to make those notes on every aspect of the site. If I wanted a call-to-action or to change a certain color, I had to provide examples and explain it.

Overall Score We started the project before the holiday season, and we all had some time off for that, which slowed things down a bit.
    They had to deal with time and scope changes. It was super affordable, and the site’s live, which I’m thankful for.
    I looked at probably 500 agencies, and made requests to 40–50. Nobody offered a better price for our scope.
    We’re satisfied with the final product. The limitations it has are inherent to WordPress, which is the platform we requested.
    I’ll give them a referral with the caveat that the client should be hands-on and provide the information they need.

WordPress Web Design & Dev for Marketing Firm

"They had good customer service and communication skills."

Jan. 2015 - Dec. 2019

Site Nine Studios assisted the client in building marketing websites. They worked to establish a timeline and roadmap for the development of the site.

11- 50 Employees

Marketing Director, Marketing Agency

Site Nine Studios really helped out with the client’s marketing website development. They were flexible with the billing process. They deliver on their promises and with quality. As a small team, they made the client feel right at home and made for a pleasurable experience.

I am the product director for a real estate creative marketing company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Site Nine Studios?

We hired Site Nine Studios for added support with building marketing websites because our internal capacities were maxed out.

We designed everything in-house and once we had approval from our clients, we would then engage with Site Nine Studios. We went back and forth determining the scope and once that was offset, we established a timeline and roadmap of getting the website built. Once the first preview was established, the process of developing the website began. WordPress was the platform for all of our websites.

I only worked with David (Owner & Business Development, Site Nine Studios).

How did you come to work with Site Nine Studios?

I was searching for web development companies that were small and could pair with us and work the overflow projects that we couldn’t do in-house. I reached out to 3–4 companies and I have a good rapport with David after talking to him. It ultimately came down to the availability pricing, and turnaround time. We had one great experience with them and then we just started using them for all of our sites, which was really nice.

We worked together from January 2015–December 2019.

They helped with a lot of our marketing websites but one, in particular, was a teaser site that we were trying to launch at the same time as a full-marketing website. Even when David was out of the country during development, his team was still able to turnaround a website and deliver the work that our client needed. He provided a standout experience and we were very thankful for him.

How did Site Nine Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They had good customer service and stayed in touch every day.  There were some delays in communication because David was traveling, but they’re not working here internally so sometimes I might have to wait a little bit, which was understandable. It was every once in a while, but it never negatively impacted us. They were very flexible in terms of timing and billing as well as with how we billed our clients, which was really nice.

They were a small team and we are as well, so they understood how we both work, which I liked. They were very flexible in terms of timing and billing with our clients, which was really nice. David was a pleasure to work with and he’s a really lovely guy. I really enjoyed working with him.

No, I don’t think so.

I recommend working with them because they deliver on their promises and have great quality.

Overall Score They never had any negative situations where it caused me to think otherwise.
    They never missed any deadline and they were always on point with scheduling, making sure they didn’t take on too much.
    They were very cost-effective. They could have charged more, but it was a great price point for us.
    They do great work. It’s always on time and they have great customer service.

Multiple Web Dev Projects with Digital Agency

“They set realistic timelines and are very honest with us.”

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

Site Nine Studios is an outsource development partner for a branding agency. They execute their designs, whether that requires e-commerce development, Java, WordPress, a custom CMS, Salesforce, or animations.

Fort Worth, Texas
Luiz Baptista
Principal, Sovic Creative

Site Nine Studios always delivers high-end solutions. Their attention to detail and intuition has helped them identify potential development issues before they occur. Their insight is incredibly valuable. They communicate well and perform best when given a plan, ensuring smooth collaborations.

I’m the principal for Sovic Creative. We’re a marketing and design-focused agency. We work with branding, digital marketing, and web design. We have a few bigger clients, but we focus on helping small businesses create valuable visual solutions for their business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Site Nine Studios?

We have a gap within our development team, so we wanted to seal that by using an outsourcing team. They’ve become more of a permanent dev solution for us, building some of the web structure’s we’re building for our clients.

We generally provide the wireframes and design ahead of time, and they’re responsible for the development process. We apply our high thinking process which defines all the functions we need and create site map. We define functionality, some backend things need to be assessed, and they take it from there.

Then, once the scope of work is defined, they give us some feedback on industry standards or things to consider before they begin development. They’ve done several different things for us—e-commerce, Shopify, Woo-Commerce, Salesforce, WordPress, Java, animations, custom CMS, you name it.

I always work directly with David (owner, Site Nine Studios). He’s always on point.

How did you come to work with Site Nine Studios?

Initially, we weren’t really looking for a developer, but came across their profile on LinkedIn and began to consider using an outsource partner. They messaged us, and it was the perfect situation.

We started with one small project but that quickly became two, then three, then four, and our partnership developed from there.

It depends on the project, but we probably average $20,000–$25,000 per year.

We started working together in February 2018 and our partnership is ongoing.

They always create the most functional websites we have, and we’re super happy with their work. We’ve never had a single complaint. They’re easy to communicate with ahead of time to set clear guidelines for each project, which really ensures that our development proves runs smoothly.

How did Site Nine Studios perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very communicative. They're very good about emailing back. They set realistic timelines and are very honest with us. We’ve struggled with that while working with other developing teams.

They pay attention to detail and are very intuitive, which is hard to find. They always mention if they see something wrong. They’re able to flag things that might cause problems in the long term for our clients. Sometimes in the ideation process, we think something is a viable solution, but when they run through development, it can create a lot of issues. They’re great at spotting that ahead of time.

I wish they were a little closer because I’d prefer to have more one-on-one meetings, but that’s a common disadvantage working with any remote team.

They work really well when they have a plan. So, when you’re approaching them, if you give them a plan, they’ll be able to execute easily.

They're always punctual.
    They're consistently affordable and they meat the standards we want.
    Deliverables are always accurate, clean, and perfectly aligned with project scope.
    I's suggest them to anyone.

Multiple Web Devs for B2B Marketing Firm

"...the backend is built to be user-friendly and customized to our exact needs."

Site Nine Studios is an ongoing website development partner, creating sites for end-clients that accurately communicate their unique brands. They work based on illustrator mockups.

Houston, Texas
Senior Designer, Marketing Firm

Working independently and paying thorough attention to detail, Site Nine Studios frees up valuable internal bandwidth and peace of mind. Their talented design work and rapid communication allow for efficient collaborations and satisfied end-clients. Customers can expect a professional partner.

I'm a senior designer at a brand development and marketing communications agency. As specialists in brand development and integrated B2B marketing solutions, we focus on value creation by concentrating on customer engagement. We work with clients to understand their objectives, audience, and business challenges. We then distill our findings to get to the core of a brand’s differentiators. After, we address the needs of the audience by designing communications and experiences that resonate and drive business growth.

For what projects/services did your company hire Site Nine Studios?

Web development for multiple projects.

To create an engaging website the clearly differentiates the client's brand and capabilities as well as drive leads. For Site Nine Studios, their objective was to develop the site to match our designs (to the pixel) as well as have them dcdcload quickly and consistently on any device.

David reached out to our company in 2017 to establish a new business relationship. His team did an outstanding job on the first test project, and we've been using them ever since.

Web development based on illustrator mockups.

I'm not sure. My main/only point of contact has been David. I know he has a team of developers that whip out great work, but I've never needed to communicate with them directly.

I don't have hard numbers to support this but I do know that because their team pays such close attention to detail and doesn't need a lot of hand-holding, it has improved our overall efficiency on for the development phase of the website project.

We had one point of contact for the entire project, David. He was professional, courteous and, above all, efficient.

What sets Site Nine Studios apart from most website development companies is they do not require constant hand-holding in order to get the job done right and on time. Not only do they execute the design beautifully and seamlessly on the frontend, the backend is built to be user-friendly and customized to our exact needs.

As a marketing agency, we have to move at warp speed to keep up with the needs of our clients. This makes having a development partner that is as responsive, communicative, and flexible as Site Nine Studios an invaluable asset for our team.

Can't think of any right now.

I don't want to share them.

Web Development for Design & Marketing Agency

"They are just so easy to work with and we find that the execution of our designs is always flawless."

Site Nine developed multiple websites for a digital marketing agency. These websites have ranged from small companies from nonprofits to retail to large scale international cyber defense.

Bridgeport, Connecticut
Grace vonRabenstein
Senior Account Manager, Hatch 130

Clients are consistently impressed by the quality of the websites. Site Nine delivers in accordance with the client's design aesthetic and functionality requirements. Their expert team is dedicated and innovative.

I am an account/project manager at a digital marketing agency in Connecticut, Hatch 130.

For what projects/services did your company hire Site Nine Studios?

We use Site Nine for website development as we don't have developers in house. We take on a lot of website redesign projects for our clients and Site Nine has become a reliable and affordable partner for us to execute our designs.

In the time we've worked with Site Nine, they have executed a wide scope of website projects, from small non-profits to e-commerce retail and large scale international cyber defense.

As mentioned, we've worked with Site Nine on a number of website development projects. They are our go-to partner for any new websites we design.

Site Nine has been a very reliable partner in executing our creative vision and functionality needs, always within reasonable timelines. Our clients are continuously impressed with the website execution and backend ease of use.

They are just so easy to work with and we find that the execution of our designs is always flawless. Even when our designs are complex and unique, they deliver quality results.

I've had a very positive work experience with Site Nine, the only downside is we have little face-to-face interaction/check-ins but we are on opposite coasts.

SILVER VERIFIED