we are here to help

Simply Smart Technology is a Managed Service Provider.
We provide IT Support services to businesses for a flat monthly fee.

Chicago, IL
  • 11 E Hubbard St, Suite 602
    Chicago, IL 60611
  • 330 E Kilbourn, Suite 1235
    Milwaukee, WI 53202
  • 2380 Godby Road
    Atlanta, GA 30349

Managed IT Services for Civil Rights Organization

"They were transparent and good at maneuvering around roadblocks."

Feb. 2020 - Ongoing

Simply Smart Technology provides technology and IT support for a civil rights organization, helping set up servers and computers and offering continuing phone support.

Larry Witry
VP of Finance & Technology, Chicago Urban League

Working on a short timeline, Simply Smart Technology smoothed the transition from the client’s previous technology provider. They worked outside traditional hours and demonstrated extensive subject-matter expertise.

I’m the VP of finance and technology of the Chicago Urban League, a civil rights organization. We primarily help African-Americans in the fields of entrepreneurship, education, and the workforce.

What challenge were you trying to address with Simply Smart Technology?

Our contract with our provider of nine years was ending, and they provided all the hardware on a three-year contract and gave us a set price per month. Come the next contract, they would replace all the equipment (servers, switches, computers) and set the price for another three years. It worked well for us when we started out and had old equipment, but I started questioning if we were getting the most bang for our buck.

They provide 100% coverage. We don’t have an IT person in the building other than myself, and I know enough to get myself into trouble. They get in there and fix problems if someone gets a virus or something goes wrong. Our previous contractor charged us to have someone on-site 75% of the time. Now, we’re just doing phone support with Simply Smart. They control and provide all our PCs, laptops, servers, and switches.

I’ve dealt with Chris, Jason, Marcella. There was another resource that helped set up our laptops as well.

How did you come to work with Simply Smart Technology?

I got a cold call from Chris. I then met with him and Erin about what we were doing, what we were looking for, and the pricing I needed. I interviewed four different companies in total, and what I found refreshing about Simply Smart was that they didn’t expect me to give them my business after they provided me pricing. Others were hesitant about giving me numbers.

We’ve spent around $89,000 with them.

We’ve been working together since February 2020.

The tale to be told here is that Simply Smart did what they had to do to allow me to return all the equipment to the old provider and starting using the new equipment in almost two weeks.

How did Simply Smart Technology perform from a project management standpoint?

I was shocked at how well they did it. On the flip side, I was busy so I couldn’t hold their hands either. They were able to handle it. They were transparent and good at maneuvering around roadblocks.

Their expertise in putting everything together stood out. I was shocked by it. They really know what they’re doing. They replaced all the equipment for 50 employees in about two weeks. They don’t clock out right at 5 pm either.

So far, I haven’t seen any. Every time I have an issue we call the smart desk and they take care of it. I’ve yet to have an issue they can’t resolve.

Managed IT Services for Architecture Firm

“They understand the scope of a problem and often handle it before I bring it to their attention.”

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

“Simply Smart Technology handles IT development and management for an architecture firm. Working remotely and on-site, their team develops new technologies, manages the IT system, and resolves issues that arise.”

Michael Pfammatter
BIM Manager & IT Coordinator, Wright Heerema Architects

“Simply Smart Technology excels in expertise and proactivity. They effectively communicate and funnel information amongst team members. Their dedication to getting to know and building a strong relationship with the partner has benefitted the delivery of their top-quality work.”

I’m the BIM manager and IT coordinator of Wright Heerema Architects. We’re an architecture and interiors firm, and we mostly work on corporate interior projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Simply Smart Technology?

We hired them to completely manage our IT environment.

Simply Smart Technology’s primary focus is to manage our system. They also develop new technologies on an as-needed basis. They provide remote work most of the time but visit us on-site on a weekly basis to make sure things are working optimally.

When the project began, their team completed a full audit of our entire system, including the intake of all equipment. They intensively talked to me and my team’s leadership to ensure they were providing what we wanted.

There have been many people over the years, but there are five people we interact with on a regular basis.

How did you come to work with Simply Smart Technology?

We chose them because we liked how focused they were. Their team is smaller but still able to tackle big projects and stay on top of current systems. In the beginning, they took time to get acquainted and know us personally. It became clear that we were a company they were going to be invested in. We weren’t just one client out of many.

So far, we’ve invested approximately $200,000.

Our ongoing partnership began in April 2016.

Simply Smart Technology’s strongest points are their expertise and proactivity. They understand the scope of a problem and often handle it before I bring it to their attention. Because of the nature of IT management, no news is good news. If everything is working and running smoothly and there are no problems, that’s my metric of success. Things are going well when we’re not hearing about issues.

If I tell one person about an issue, the entire team knows because they communicate among themselves. We don’t have to re-explain our problems from the beginning every time we call or speak to a different teammate. Because they know who we are and what our system is like, they know the type of problems we have.

Simply Smart Technology always listens to us and ensures they’re providing what we need. If something new pops us, they don’t push extra charges. They’re always ready to help and make sure our system is cohesive.

How did Simply Smart Technology perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is great. Their team is extremely responsive, and our partnership’s biggest benefit is that they know us very well. I've noticed that when they’re busy helping multiple clients, processes will often slow down. However, they more than make up for that because they constantly go the extra mile to ensure the project’s completion. Everything is always completed to a higher level than my expectations.

I really like that they’re a woman-owned business — that’s a big plus. They have a great ability to understand the problem and come up with a solution. Their team is nimble in quickly reacting to our needs.

They’re excellent at finding great employees and providing efficient training. I’ve noticed that new team members are brought up to speed very quickly. This is their biggest fault because they tend to lose some really good people who have been trained. Simply Smart Technology’s inability to hang on to employees is the only thing I’ve noticed has been a bit of an issue. However, their new employees always produce top-notch work. Because the transition is fantastic, it’s never been a big problem at all.

IT Managed Service For Battery Manufacturing Company

“We rarely have any unplanned downtime for our servers, and my workload has dropped significantly.”

June 2018 - Ongoing

Simply Smart Technology provides IT managed services. They’ve stabilized and cleaned up a crashing server, optimized the onboarding process, and updated technology as needed.

Tom Nation
COO, AllCell Technologies

Simply Smart Technology is communicative and willing to work with nontraditional technology (e.g. a custom ERP system and SolidWorks CAD). End users used to consistently complain about IT quality, but now everything runs smoothly. They have a transparent workflow and accomplish tasks quickly.

I'm the COO of AllCell Technologies, a company that makes lithium-ion battery packs for everything from small bicycles to solar backup systems.

What challenge were you trying to address with Simply Smart Technology?

We’re a small company that wanted a skilled IT team with a diverse range of specialties. We weren’t big enough to hire a full IT staff but also wanted more than one person providing the service, so we began looking for an IT managed services firm.

Our main server was crashing about once a week, so they spent time working on that and getting it back to running continuously without problems. They also cleaned up a lot of garbage that was left on the system. When we hire a new employee, Simply Smart Technology gets the person set up with an email, SharePoint Exchange, and all the passwords and access material they need. They even make sure our equipment is updated and has the most effective anti-virus programs.

We have two main points of contact. Whenever we have a problem though, we just contact their general IT support team via phone, email, or website.

How did you come to work with Simply Smart Technology?

While we were searching for a local IT firm, Simply Smart Technology called us. I talked to them and a few other companies, but Simply Smart Technology had the capabilities we needed at a price we could afford, so I hired them.

We’ve spent about $42,000.

We partnered in June 2018, and the work is ongoing.

We rarely have any unplanned downtime for our servers, and my workload has dropped significantly. Before hiring them, I was inundated with complaints from users. For new employees, they’re set up and ready to go within an hour, a process that used to take me hours.

How did Simply Smart Technology perform from a project management standpoint?

They provide weekly updates that review what they’ve worked on. The team communicates well, and the owner is frequently involved in the work. Whenever we submit a ticket, they send a note that tells us who’s working on it. The whole setup costs less than hiring a full-time IT person and makes it feel like we have our own personal IT agency.

They’re willing to work with and support nontraditional software. For example, we have a custom ERP system for new employees, a SolidWorks CAD, and an old small business server that they manage. Unlike other firms, they didn’t charge us extra for providing those services. Also, when we need to update our hardware, they suggest the equipment that we need, not just the newest things.

We had a backlog of issues and communication, but they resolved that with the weekly updates.

They're very good.

Server Installation & Maintenance for Construction Organization

"Their partnership mentality has helped us develop an incredibly stable IT environment that has not once been compromised."

Jan. 2010 - Ongoing

Simply Smart installed new equipment and rewired an entire IT infrastructure to address issues like lack of security and performance reliability. They also implemented a remote help desk to resolve user issues.

Alex Morales
Managing Director, Precast, Prestressed Concrete Institute

The team's work immediately and drastically improved performance. Their communication skills and reliability are conducive to a long-term, trustworthy partnership. There hasn't been a single outage, and the help desk is consistently available and helpful.

I was managing director at a $10 million+ not-for-profit association representing construction manufacturers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Simply Smart Technology?

Simply Smart was hired for managed IT services including servers, phone systems, internet, and individual machine management.

Our IT infrastructure was unreliable, and we needed a myriad of upgrades to ensure zero server downtime and service for all individual users.

Simply Smart was a great balance of experience and value for our budget, and they understood our project scope.

Erin (Owner & Lead Technologist, Simply Smart) envisioned an entirely different IT infrastructure than the unstable, virus-prone, unreliable, decentralized setup we had. They installed new equipment, rewired the entire system, and instituted a remote help desk process to address user issues quickly.

Initially, Erin (Owner & Lead Technologist, Simply Smart) designed and installed the system. She then took a consultative role in all our IT projects, including website, telephone system, and more. Her help desk support team was always available to our staff.

Their work immediately improved performance drastically. Simply Smart has a seat at our table as if they are our very own employees. Their partnership mentality has helped us develop an incredibly stable IT environment that has not once been compromised, neither by virus nor intrusion.

As a trusted partner, Simply Smart arranged to be at our on-site IT meetings. They collaborate remotely with cross-functional and sometimes international teams. They're consistently present and proactive. Help desk ticketing was seamless, and responses that weren’t emergencies were done in 24 hours.

Simply Smart represents modern technology with traditional relationship-oriented business practices. They’re focused on great outcomes that make the IT infrastructure completely transparent in our day-to-day work.

I cannot think of any improvement areas for Simply Smart. They know IT and know business relationships. They're refreshing to work within a landscape that is typically a financial drain for non-profits.

Overall Score They're a team of well-rounded employees with a partnership mentality.
    They're priced competitively and worth every penny.
    We haven't had a single virus issue since engaging them.
    I recommend them without hesitation.