You need more leads. We've got you covered.

Simple Machines Marketing helps sales directors, business development professionals and small business owners generate more leads, have better conversations with those leads and close more deals.

You know there are more potential customers out there. We have a proven, quantifiable and cost-effective process to help you land them. And when you do land them, rather than wondering where your next lead will come from, we’ll have a batch of new ones waiting for you.

To help you exceed your lead goals, we focus on strategy, inbound marketing, optimizing websites, ABM marketing and sales enablement.

Chicago, IL
  • 4043 N Ravenswood Ave
    Chicago, IL 60613

We help small, Chicagoland businesses, with a focus on technology, manufacturing, consulting and professional services.

Marketing & Branding for Insurance & Risk Management Firm

“They’ve helped us to find our voice, setting design and verbiage standards across the whole company.”

May 2014 - Ongoing

Simple Machines Marketing plays an important role in the marketing strategy for an insurance provider. They've created cohesive design and verbiage, write content, and find ways to boost site traffic.

St. Charles, Illinois
Susan Oswalt
VP of Human Resources, IPMG

A site refresh and new language have had a major impact on leads. Simple Machines works quickly and stays connected. They understand the intricacies of the field and know how to communicate with a diverse audience.

For over 20 years, IPMG has proven to be a committed partner to independent agents, brokers, and their clients. Building trust, delivering on promises, and achieving optimal results have placed IPMG in the very fortunate position of being a go-to resource for those who do business with us.

What challenge were you trying to address with Simple Machines Marketing?

We wanted experts in marketing to help us with our marketing redesign, restructure, and strategy.

We wanted to achieve a cohesive message that reflected the voice of IPMG. Simple Machines Marketing helped us integrate all our services to provide uniformity and interconnectivity. They’re helping us improve our market visibility at trade shows, boosting our social media presence and helping with blog content and calendars.

Our initial point of contact operates almost like our creative director and VP of marketing. We also work with a few additional team members on a regular basis.

How did you come to work with Simple Machines Marketing?

A valued client referred them to us.

We started working together around May 2014, and work is ongoing. We just launched a new website and are crafting our marketing plan for 2019.

Their work on the website has had an impact. They’ve freshened and modernized the look and are assisting with proposals and presentation templates. They’ve helped us to find our voice, setting design and verbiage standards across the whole company.

How did Simple Machines Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They are incredibly timely. I have never had an issue with them, and they’re faster than we are ready for them. They provide comprehensive information and are great to work with. We have a weekly huddle where we speak on the phone for 15–30 minutes with the whole team. They prepare the agenda beforehand and cover everything we’re going to do in the coming week. Afterward, they follow up within minutes so that we always stay on track.

They really understand what we do. Insurance is hard to explain, but they connect to what we do and are able to discern the different communication methods we need for all of our services as well as for brokers, agents, and direct-to-client marketing.

No. When our internal marketing person left us, they filled the gap and are now helping with the recruiting process to make sure we get the right person.

They are fluid and flexible. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or give feedback. If they provide something you don’t like the first time, you can be honest and straightforward with them. They take the time to understand your needs.

Overall Score We’re lucky to work with them, and I’m thrilled by what they produce.
    They stay ahead of schedule and never need reminders. They’re very timely.
    We recently did a little bit of shopping in the industry to check comparable companies. Simple Machines is very well priced.
    They always give us what we ask for and are very proactive in identifying areas of need.
    I've already recommended them, and so has our company president.

Marketing Strategy & Branding for Osteopathic Education Association

"They listen very well and are very organized."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Simple Machines Marketing was hired to provide market research and branding services to help inform the client's direction into the future.

Cleveland/Akron, Ohio
Erin Sernoffsky
Director of Communications, ACOEP

The client has seen a 25% increase in business from this time last year as a result of the work Simple Machines Marketing has provided. They have received a lot of very positive feedback from their clients regarding the direction the company is taking. They appreciate their ability to maintain a high standard of communication and organization.

I am the director of communications for the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians. It is a national member-based association providing educational and career opportunities for osteopathic emergency physicians, from medical school all the way through retirement. We are also able to offer educational credit to MDs [medical doctors].

What challenge were you trying to address with Simple Machines Marketing?

We were concerned that we would lose our members to other associations, so we looked for someone to help us with whatever we needed to get back on the right track. The industry was going through a change where osteopathic physicians were trained the same way MDs were trained. However, DOs [Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine] had an additional component to their training, which meant that our college is significantly smaller than MD colleges.

We hired Simple Machines to help with the big picture planning. Initially, they did a lot of investigation and market research for us. They helped shape and strengthen our messaging nationally and then branched out from there. They actually recommended a different direction than what we were planning to do. We took that to our board, but the board decided to keep going the direction we had planned. After listening to our concerns, Simple Machines went back to the drawing board and gave us something workable that made smart marketing sense. Also, we recently acquired a smaller college. We’ve been working on rebranding with Simple Machines. It’s been a long process, but they’ve remained professional and optimistic.

How did you come to work with Simple Machines Marketing?

We reached out to five or six companies in Chicago. What I liked about Simple Machines is that they’re a full-service firm. They can help us with graphic design, social media, and the website.

We started working with them in March 2016, and the work is ongoing. Our relationship with Simple Machines has evolved a lot. We have really come to rely on Simple Machines, and I’d like to continue working with them indefinitely.

A lot of their work has been around raising the profile of our conferences and helping us with advertising. For our spring seminar, we’re 25% over what we were this time last year. All of the feedback from our members has been overwhelmingly positive. We put out a magazine for each conference, and there’s been an incredible increase in the quality of that and the website. Their work is of high quality.

How did Simple Machines Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

We work with Brittney, and she’s amazing. She keeps everything on track, which means there are no delays in their work. If they provide us with something that’s not quite what we want, they don’t hesitate to come up with something different. They listen very well and are very organized.

What did you find most impressive about Simple Machines Marketing?

If there’s something the board doesn’t like or needs to be changed, they don’t waste any time in finding something that will work, which I really appreciate. Last summer, we had five members of our staff leave and our biggest conference of the year was coming up. I was also getting ready to go on maternity leave. We would never have never gotten the project accomplished without them, much less on such a high level.

None.

Overall Score They have made my job so much easier and satisfying.
    Any delays have been on our end. They are usually ahead of schedule.
    We have them on a retainer basis and they keep us updated as to where we are. It’s been worth every penny.
    They have elevated everything that we have asked them to work on. All of our materials have been vastly improved, including the website.
    I was talking to a colleague last week about how great they are.

Market Research & Web Design for Pool Service Company

"I have also gotten positive feedback on the design and navigation of the website."

Nov. 2010 - Ongoing

Simple Machines Marketing was hired to help the client with their marketing efforts. They first did market research and then developed a strategy with which to deploy an SEO campaign around.

Wheeling, Illinois
Pat Downes
Owner, AAA Pool Service

The client is considerably busier since they have begun working with the agency. They have received positive feedback on the redesign of the website and its improved navigation. They particularly appreciated the agency's ability to maintain good communication and the level of care that they put into the client's success.

I’m the owner of AAA Pool Service, a swimming pool service company. We provide weekly service maintenance, seasonal work, major renovations, repairs, equipment installation, and anything else related to swimming pools.

What challenge were you trying to address with Simple Machines Marketing?

My father and I are partners, and we don’t have any knowledge about marketing or websites. We tried doing it ourselves and using local people who were cheaper, but we weren’t getting results.

Simple Machines started out by doing research on my company and my competitors. They came up with a plan and made suggestions on what we should do and why we should do them. They also completely redesigned our website from start to finish. We had an idea of what we wanted the company to look like to others, but the way the website had been done by the previous developer wasn’t reflecting the image we were trying to portray. We worked closely with Simple Machines to describe our vision—what we do and who we want to be. From there, I gave them complete control over the process. The SEO part of the site was completely overhauled as well. Over the years, we’ve continued to change things about the website and advertising.

How did you come to work with Simple Machines Marketing?

I got a cold call one day. It was right when we were discussing the fact that we don’t know what we’re doing with advertising. Jill Wilson came in, talked with me, and sold me on their process. I believed that what they had to offer was what we needed.

How much have you invested with Simple Machines Marketing?

We spend $20,000 a year on their services.

We started working with them in November 2010, and the work is ongoing.

They send me reports on the metrics, but all I know is we’re a lot busier and the phone rings more often. I have also gotten positive feedback on the design and navigation of the website.

How did Simple Machines Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

One of the things that I first liked about them was that they were prompt to return phone calls. We have a couple of in-person meetings every year, but mostly we’re communicating via email and phone.

What did you find most impressive about Simple Machines Marketing?

For a small company like us, we’re experts at what we do but that doesn’t mean we know everything about advertising. I really enjoy the fact that I’ve got two or three people regularly worrying about my business. It’s like having someone in the same office, but I’m not paying them what I would a full-time employee.

Are there any areas Simple Machines Marketing could improve?

No, they’ve met all my demands.

Overall Score Everything was great. We didn’t have any problems.
    Punctuality is a big thing for them.
    It seems expensive to me, but I don’t know if this is a going rate for other firms.
    They’ve delivered everything I’ve asked them to do on time. They worked with me to come up with the best solution.
    I’ve already referred them to different people.

Marketing Development for Printing Company

"They were always very good at finding solutions."

n/a

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Simple Machines helped the client improve their website and devise a complete marketing strategy to capture new vertical markets.

11-50

Chicago, IL
Jim Vozzella
Business Manager, Aloha Print Group

The client found it easy to work with Simple Machines and build a strong relationship with them. As a result of their efforts, the client's website has experienced more traffic, and the company has been able to diversify their business opportunities.

I'm the business development manager.

Aloha Print Group is a 15-year-old digital printer in Chicago. We do printing for business cards, marketing materials, banners, etc. We also attack vertical markets along with architecture printing, litigation, and e-discovery.

What challenge were you trying to address with Simple Machines Marketing?

Aloha used to heavily rely on referrals, but they wanted to use a different strategy to grow. They hired Simple Machines to put together a marketing plan for both internet and other approaches.

One of the vertical markets we wanted to attack was the hospitality industry. Simple Machines helped us with proper keywords and a layout that would give us higher success with email blasts and Google. Another example of Simple Machine's involvement was with our concierge stand collateral that they helped us build. This was created for guests of the hotel that couldn't fly with their marketing and print materials. So they would be able to get printing done quickly at Aloha. Simple Machines also reinvented our website from top to bottom and helped us usher in a name/identity that better defined our capabilities.

How did you come to work with Simple Machines Marketing?

I was hired on after they were brought in.

We started working with Simple Machines at the beginning of 2015, and we continue to work with them.

Simple Machines was easy to work with and build relationships with. We have had an increase in responses from Google and Yelp reviews. There has been an array of business that we’ve been able to work with together. We’ve seen an increase in traffic on the website and have received positive feedback from the users.

How did Simple Machines Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

I thought they did a great job. I worked with 4 to 5 different people from their team who were extremely responsive.

What did you find most impressive about Simple Machines Marketing?

They were always very good at finding solutions and had different options if an issue came up.

Are there any areas Simple Machines Marketing could improve?

I enjoyed everything about working with them.

• N/A Cost
    [I don’t have the information to be able to rate that.]
    Their service was great. They were always responsive. I saw a higher rate of response just off Google and Yelp.

SEO Campaign for Printing Company

"They’re very responsive and open to hearing my feedback."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Simple Machines Marketing was hired to develop an SEO campaign.

Lori Nelson
VP of Marketing and BD, BFC

The client has seen increased activity on its website since partnering with the agency. They are also seeing visitors staying on the site longer than they had been previously. They appreciate that the agency is responsive and open to feedback.

I am the vice president of marketing and business development of a mid-sized printing company. We provide printing and mailing services along with the technology to manage and implement printing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Simple Machines Marketing?

We needed an agency that could help us with digital marketing and other marketing plans. These are meant to increase awareness and hopefully drive new opportunities to our company.

Simple Machines Marketing updated our website and made it SEO-friendly. They have written and developed content for us. They’ve also cross-posted blogs. In order to make us rank higher on Google pages, they have posted us on numerous sites for referral. They have recommended and implemented PPC Google campaigns as well as LinkedIn and Facebook ads.

In the beginning, we met and I provided them with examples of material that I liked for our content. We brainstormed 6 to 8 topics because they weren’t familiar with our business. As they become more familiar with us, they’re generating content on their own. I review content before it’s posted.

How did you come to work with Simple Machines Marketing?

I was searching for agencies online and found them. I called Jill Wilson, the president, and explained who we are and what we’re trying to do. She seemed to be very approachable and willing to help us where we needed it. I decided to meet and interview them. I felt very comfortable with her and her team.

How much have you invested with Simple Machines Marketing?

That is confidential.

We are currently working with them.

Customers are able to find us now, so we’ve seen increased activity on our website. People are also staying on the website longer. We’ve been doing inbound marketing efforts since April and just in the last month we’ve seen an uptake in inbound marketing. We’ve seen increased calls requesting information that we were not receiving before. For example, we’ve received 2 new clients since April.

How did Simple Machines Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very responsive and open to hearing my feedback. They’re easy to talk to. I requested that I have a summary report instead of all the reports I was getting, and they accommodated that request.

Are there any areas Simple Machines Marketing could improve?

I am more familiar with traditional marketing and I would say their strengths are more in digital marketing and execution rather than traditional marketing and strategy. Other than that, I don’t have any complaints and we plan to continue working with them.

The majority of the time, they meet deadlines.
    They were competitive in most areas and haven’t charged more than what their estimate was. When I look at the ROI, we still have a way to go on opportunities, but that’s starting to change.
    I think they do a good job and they’re very responsive.
    It depends on what that person is looking for in an agency.