Web Design, Dev & Support for Education Co
- UX/UI Design Web Design Web Development
- Sep. 2021 - Ongoing
- Willing to Refer
"Everything was great."
Nov 7, 2023
Founder, Ambitio College
- Zagreb, Croatia
- 1-10 Employees
- Online Review
Simple Code has designed and developed a website for an education company. The project has included discovery, UI/UX design, full stack development, QA, training, SEO, hosting, and post-launch support.
Thanks to their new and optimized website, the client has seen excellent metrics in many areas, including web traffic, engagement, conversions, SEO performance, UX, compliance, and user feedback. Simple Code delivers items on time and is highly organized, flexible, and professional.
The client submitted this review online.
Please describe your company and position.
I am the Founder of Ambitio College
Describe what your company does in a single sentence.
Adult education provider and vocational education training.
OPPORTUNITY / CHALLENGE
What specific goals or objectives did you hire Simple Code to accomplish?
- Improve online presence
- Improve website usage on mobile devices
- Improve website design and attractiveness
- Improve communication through online forms
How did you find Simple Code?
Why did you select Simple Code over others?
Good value for cost
How many teammates from Simple Code were assigned to this project?
Describe the scope of work in detail. Please include a summary of key deliverables.
- Project Initiation:
- Project Kick-off: The development process begins with a project kick-off meeting to define objectives, goals, and initial project timeline.
- Requirement Gathering: Understanding the client's needs, target audience, and specific features or functionalities required for the website.
- Planning and Strategy:
- Information Architecture: Creating a site map to define the website's structure and content organization.
- Technology Stack Selection: Determining the appropriate technologies, platforms, and programming languages.
- Project Timeline: Establishing a detailed project timeline with milestones and deadlines.
- Budget Estimation: Providing a budget estimate based on project requirements.
- Design Phase:
- Wireframing: Developing wireframes and prototypes for visualizing the layout and navigation.
- UI/UX Design: Creating the user interface and user experience design for the website.
- Style Guide: Defining design guidelines including fonts, colors, and design elements.
- Client Approval: Review and approval of the design concepts by the client.
- Back-end Development: Developing server-side logic, databases, and APIs using programming languages like PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Content Management System (CMS): Integrating a CMS (e.g., WordPress, Drupal) if required for easy content updates.
- E-commerce Functionality: If the website includes online sales, implementing e-commerce features and payment gateways.
- Database Development: Creating and configuring databases to store and manage data.
- Responsive Design: Ensuring the website is optimized for different screen sizes and devices.
- Functional Testing: Testing all features, forms, and functionalities to ensure they work as intended.
- Cross-browser and Cross-device Testing: Verifying compatibility across various web browsers and devices.
- Performance Testing: Ensuring the website loads quickly and efficiently.
- Security Testing: Identifying and addressing potential security vulnerabilities.
- Content Testing: Proofreading and checking content for accuracy and consistency.
- Hosting: Selecting a hosting environment and configuring the server for the website.
- Domain Setup: Linking the website to a domain name.
- Content Migration: Transferring existing content (if any) to the new website.
- Training and Documentation:
- User Training: Providing training to the client's team on managing and updating the website.
- Documentation: Preparing user manuals and documentation for future reference.
- Quality Assurance:
- Final Quality Assurance: Conducting a final review to ensure the website meets all project requirements.
- Soft Launch: Deploying the website to a staging environment for final testing.
- Client Approval: Getting client approval for the final website before launch.
- Post-Launch Activities:
- SEO Optimization: Implementing on-page SEO strategies for better search engine visibility.
- Monitoring: Setting up analytics tools to track website performance and user behavior.
- Maintenance Plan: Developing a maintenance plan for regular updates, bug fixes, and security patches.
- Fully functional and responsive website.
- Design mockups and style guides.
- Content management system (if applicable).
- Documentation and user manuals.
- Training for the client's team.
- Deployment on a hosting environment.
- Ongoing maintenance and support plan.
RESULTS & FEEDBACK
What were the measurable outcomes from the project that demonstrate progress or success?
- Website Traffic and User Engagement:
- Pageviews: The total number of pages viewed on the website.
- Unique Visitors: The number of distinct users who visit the website.
- Bounce Rate: The percentage of visitors who leave the website after viewing only one page.
- Session Duration: The average time users spend on the website.
- Conversion Rates:
- Conversion Rate: The percentage of visitors who take a desired action, such as filling out a contact form, making a purchase, or subscribing to a newsletter.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR): The percentage of users who click on a specific call-to-action (CTA) or link.
- Lead Generation: The number of leads or inquiries generated through the website.
- Search Engine Performance:
- Search Engine Ranking: The website's position in search engine results for specific keywords.
- Organic Traffic: The number of visitors coming to the website from search engines (SEO success).
- Keyword Visibility: The number of keywords for which the website ranks on search engines.
- User Experience (UX):
- Load Time: The time it takes for the website to fully load, impacting user experience.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Ensuring the website functions well on various devices and screen sizes.
- Usability Testing: Gathering user feedback to identify areas for improvement in usability and design.
- Content Performance:
- Content Engagement: Measuring how users interact with content, such as video views, PDF downloads, or blog post shares.
- Content Updates: Tracking how frequently content is updated or refreshed to maintain relevance.
- Security and Data Protection:
- Security Audits: Regular security audits to identify vulnerabilities and measure the success of security measures.
- Data Breaches: Tracking the number of security incidents or data breaches (ideally, aiming for zero).
- E-commerce Metrics (if applicable):
- Sales and Revenue: The total number of sales and revenue generated through the website.
- Shopping Cart Abandonment Rate: The percentage of users who abandon the shopping cart without completing the purchase.
- Feedback and Reviews:
- Customer Feedback: Gathering and analyzing user feedback and reviews to identify areas of improvement.
- Customer Satisfaction Scores (e.g., Net Promoter Score): Measuring user satisfaction and willingness to recommend the website.
- Website Uptime and Reliability:
- Uptime Percentage: Measuring the percentage of time the website is operational and accessible to users.
- Technical Performance: Page Errors and Broken Links: Tracking and minimizing the occurrence of technical issues.
- Website Performance Testing: Regularly testing and optimizing the website's performance, such as load times and speed.
- Compliance and Accessibility:
- Accessibility Compliance: Ensuring the website complies with accessibility standards (e.g., WCAG) and measuring accessibility metrics.
- Legal Compliance: Confirming that the website complies with legal requirements, such as GDPR for data privacy.
- Cost and Resource Management:
- Project Budget: Monitoring the project's financial performance and ensuring it stays within budget.
- Resource Utilization: Tracking the efficient use of development resources and project timelines.
- Support and Maintenance:
- Response Time for Support Requests: Measuring the time it takes to address user support requests.
- Bug Reports: Tracking and addressing reported bugs and issues.
Describe their project management. Did they deliver items on time? How did they respond to your needs?
They were very precious and good organized. All was delivered on time.
What was your primary form of communication with Simple Code?
- In-Person Meeting
- Virtual Meeting
- Email or Messaging App
What did you find most impressive or unique about this company?
Flexibility and professionalism.
Are there any areas for improvement or something Simple Code could have done differently?
No, everything was great.
Service & Deliverables
On time / deadlines
Value / within estimates
Willing to Refer5.0