Engineering possibilities for web & mobile

We are a development agency with focus on three clear expertise -

1. Product development

2. Wordpress Expertise

3. Digital transformation

We have worked with startups and enterprises alike delivering close to 180+ projects across different domains like Education, BI in retail, small business tools, Music & Entertainment, Facility Management, eCommerce, Social Networks.

We hold and conduct several knowledge sharing sessions with the open source community, since web technologies are constantly evolving, we look to keep learning. We are a team of 45 engineers.

Chennai, India
  • Siam Computing
    Bangalore World Trade Centre, Dr Rajkumar Road
    Bengaluru, KA 29201

Pathfinder - We migrated their legacy reporting engine to a multi tenant application built on mongodb, angular and laravel.

Grandeurstay - First of its kind automated hostel management application, tenants can view availability online, make payments online and manage their entire stay online.

HLJ Creative - We are their trusted wordpress partners for converting their designs into responsive, pixel perfect websites. We have built 50+ projects with them.

Web Devs for Web Design Agency

"Siam Computing will fine-tune our processes, making us more efficient."

June 2012 - Ongoing

Siam Computing delivers web development services mostly focused on WordPress using pre-existing designs. They’ve also worked on Magento e-commerce sites and more, with a high focus on customized work.

Columbia, South Carolina
Helen Johnson
Owner, HLJ Creative

Siam Computing’s involvement in 60% of the projects has led to substantial business growth and their low rates give the company a competitive edge against other ad agencies. Adopting a strong growth strategy is necessary, but the team excels in taking feedback and in their efforts to fix things.

HLJ Creative is a boutique web design and development firm. We also provide branding, online marketing, and social media management.

What challenge were you trying to address with Siam Computing?

The majority of our work with them has involved web development. My skills and core competencies are in the area of design, and I needed to have a company with a focus on programming and WordPress development. This proved hard to do in South Carolina, especially at a reasonable rate.

The majority of our work involves Siam Computing taking my Photoshop designs and converting them to WordPress sites. They develop any custom functionalities and plugins. We’ve also worked together on Magento e-commerce platforms. The programming skills of Siam Computing’s team are not limited to one platform.

My portfolio includes a variety of project types. We don’t simply use a canned WordPress theme for building a blog. It might have three displayed articles within a section of the homepage or feature custom post types. We will display certain information on the homepage, and allow clients to keep things updated without needing to have programming knowledge.

We are working on another real estate site with custom listings which don’t interface with the MLS [Multiple Listing Service]. We also have an insurance company with a client portal. People are able to login to a certain area and see the benefits that their company has access to. The portal interfaces another app, one built by the client. It was fairly complicated, but Siam was able to handle it.

For a casino and travel company, Siam Computing used a customized plugin in order to display all the available trips. We have a custom photo gallery plugin and a membership lookup for a bar association, which accesses a database of 2,000 lawyers. All of this work is custom — there was no existing software for these specific needs.

How did you come to work with Siam Computing?

I met Khuzema, their CEO, serendipitously, through a connection. His aunt was the administrator of my children’s daycare and introduced us when he came to the US for a visit. We tried a few projects together and had a lot of success and client satisfaction. My skill sets merged with theirs in a complementary fashion. We’ve had a great working relationship.

How much have you invested with Siam Computing?

The cost of Siam Computing’s work has been of $58,000 since 2012.

I started working with Siam Computing on June 18th, 2012.

Of the work that I do, 60% of projects involve Siam Computing. Therefore, 60% of my success is related to them. Although clients don’t meet Khuzema and his company directly, and many won’t know them at all, they do appreciate the end result.

How did Siam Computing perform from a project management standpoint?

We’ve worked hard to develop a systematic process for delegating and completing tasks. We use Basecamp for project management, where put together task lists and check them off when they’re completed. This was implemented at their suggestion, and I ultimately decided to get my own Basecamp account. Everything is documented, and we can always go back to checklists for billing and efficiency purposes.

I receive invoices on time so that we don’t get behind on anything. Siam Computing has been flexible in conforming to systems which work well for my business model, which is good. Many providers want it done their own way.

Khuzema comes to the US often, and we have dinner and talk about the direction of our companies. We make sure that we’re growing together, and I consider him to be a critical part of my business. Siam Computing allows me to build anything at half or a quarter of the rates we would get with a local company, which gives us a competitive edge with the bigger ad agencies in the area while still producing the same quality of work.

What did you find most impressive about Siam Computing?

One of the most impressive things about Siam Computing is that they’re never afraid to give anything a shot. Even if the result is not perfect the first time, the team is open to constructive feedback. Whenever I raise a concern about timelines being met or the accuracy of the code versus my original designs, Siam Computing takes the feedback as constructive criticism and makes efforts to fix whatever the issue is. This is a big deal because it means that they’re not just robotically working through tasks.

Siam Computing will fine-tune our processes, making us more efficient. They’ve grown with me and conform to my business needs.

Are there any areas Siam Computing could improve?

Like any growing business, they shouldn’t take on more than they can handle. Siam Computing needs a growth strategy in place because, as more websites are built, there will be a larger need for support. Therefore, they have to manage human resources and anticipate this growth. Siam Computing has done this, and whenever employees had health issues, projects were never delayed by more than one week. Turnaround is still key, and client needs have to be anticipated faster.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Siam Computing?

Be as clear as possible in terms of instructions. With every project we start, I will provide all the required information, including Photoshop files, site content, credentials for hosting accounts, and so on. I have everything organized on my end so that when Siam Computing’s team goes in, there won’t be a lot of back and forth. The more organized the person requesting the work is, the better Siam Computing’s result will be.

Overall Score If it weren’t for Siam Computing, I don’t think I’d have been able to grow my business and produce the level of quality which I’m able to produce.
    Siam Computing sometimes ran late, but that was usually because they were enhancing the output in some way. It’s important to anticipate potential areas which can slow down the project.
    The rates charged by Siam Computing are extremely competitive, especially for the quality of work delivered.
    They deliver on time, are thorough with the questions asked along the way, and take notes of important details.
    I’m highly likely to recommend Siam Computing because of the great work they do.

Web Dev for Engagement Portal

"We have matured alongside each other."

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

Siam Computing developed a custom-built social media content portal, managing every task from conceptualization to implementation and launch. The 5-resource team now conducts updates and applies strategies.

Austin, Texas
Matt Struve
COO, Lighter Side of Real Estate

Thanks to Siam Computing’s attentiveness and technical precision, the new platform has expanded revenue streams across multiple channels. Their flexibility, organized documentation, and robust quality control measures continue to encourage efficiency.

I am the vice president of Lighter Side of Real Estate. The company is a publisher of different media formats, mostly social media content (articles, memes, videos). We create promotional media on behalf of real estate agents to grow their businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with Siam Computing?

In the beginning, our revenue model involved t-shirts and other real estate apparel and articles that we would post to social media. Some of them would go viral, traffic would come back to our website, and we would monetize the traffic via Google AdSense and other revenue streams. We knew that we wanted to keep expanding, and we started to get more popular. We needed to create a membership platform where we could start offering a service to paid members, allowing them to share content without Lighter Side branding on it. We used that as a hook, giving members the ability to put their own branding on the content. When someone shares an article from our site, their own branding will be on the sidebar and header, kind of implying that they produced it, but not really. We needed this solution built from the ground up.

Siam Computing built a custom portal for our company, from concept to implementation and launch. There were 5 people from their side assigned to this task, working pretty much full-time. We worked with 2 web developers who specialized in JavaScript and PHP, a frontend developer who took care of CSS and other layout elements, a project manager, and a quality checker.

We built APIs that allowed people to share content from our platform (which is behind a paywall) to various social networks, making it look like they were making the posts themselves. In other words, if someone shared an image from somewhere else, they would in fact be sharing a link to that image on Facebook. With the API that Siam Computing built, users are able to post the image on the social platform. We have a permission system which allows our platform to post on users’ behalf.

We offer the same service for Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter. Siam Computing developed a mechanism for posting to profiles and pages, based on their rich understanding of how the platforms work. We’ve been very satisfied with this setup.

We are using about 10% of a basic WordPress theme, in terms of overall site structure. That by no means took away from the customization work done by Siam Computing.

I served as the project lead, and the work was setup in a custom way, bypassing the theme altogether and setting up a custom code base on CSS, PHP, or developed templates which could be scaled and replicated for multiple pages.

How did you come to work with Siam Computing?

The owner of our company has a friend in South Carolina who built websites for attorneys. He had a friend who relied on Siam Computing’s owner for backend development work. I had gone through Codable, which is a middleman service between clients and experts in different web development areas. I was definitely not satisfied with my experience there, nor with a few Craigslist contacts I found. We did look into other solutions, but, since Siam Computing was within our shoestring budget, they fit like a glove. We have matured alongside each other.

How much have you invested with Siam Computing?

The cost of Siam Computing’s work has been approximately $70,000–$75,000 so far.

We started working with Siam Computing in November of 2015. The initial phase was centered more on strategy. We’re still deep into the work with Siam Computing. This is not a situation that would allow us to just pull the plug. We’re heavily invested in each other.

I’d be hard-pressed to say that we would have gotten to where we are now without Siam Computing’s help. They had an integral role in the launch of our platform. The budget was met, and they were willing to go above-and-beyond and remain flexible with our needs. They are attentive and personal, adapting the situation according to our needs.

How did Siam Computing perform from a project management standpoint?

Siam Computing’s owner acted as our project manager and main contact. He has bent over backward more times than I could count, and he’s also been extremely focused during challenges like unforeseen bugs and expedited timelines. Before we had 5 full-time people working on the site, he was able to pull in an entire team and have them work on our project rapidly when we needed. The people who jumped in hit the ground running. Whatever he did to prep them was solid.

We largely used Trello for project management. We also had weekly and biweekly calls on Google Hangouts for screen shares and things like that. Every so often, we had a group-wide meeting, but Siam Computing’s principal usually took all our information during calls. I never had a problem with his notetaking, and he never missed a beat. This was huge, especially when dealing with complex, deep projects which have many moving parts. I was always impressed by this ability and tried to learn it myself.

The principal came up with a structure for Trello which would keep things running properly and turned me onto a project management style called SWOT [strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats], which was better for more enterprise-level situations rather than our smaller operation. Our needs were speedier in going from concept to development and launch, but Siam Computing has used it extensively. Their ability to manage projects is phenomenal.

What did you find most impressive about Siam Computing?

Their know-how is a given. Siam Computing’s developers are good, and their quality control is in place to clean up after the engineers who have less experience with UX design. Before presenting anything to the client, Siam Computing will catch issues that could have slipped through the cracks. I know about this added layer because I’ve kept an eagle’s eye on the whole operation, but a client putting their trust in the company can rest assured that things will be handled the right way. Siam Computing will circumnavigate a situation before presenting it to the client and will fix any missing elements. We’ve been working together for a while, and Siam Computing’s operation has stepped up the game significantly. It’s been interesting to evolve alongside them. They offer dependability, reliability, and the willingness to put in long hours if needed.

Are there any areas Siam Computing could improve?

Things are good now, but a while back, English being a second language for many of the developers led to a few issues. It’s not fair to mention this since, nowadays,  their principal and the QA people have very good language skills. It’s is no longer an issue overall.

I would also say their graphic designer(s) could improve. Although, to be fair, I haven't reassessed their designers since a year ago. I would definitely use someone else for graphic design. I don’t know how Siam Computing has advanced since a year ago when we tackled that, but I’ve been doing all the design myself and through working with a few people in the US.

The struggles through which we’ve grown together mainly involved communication. Before the quality layer was put in, I would be doing that a lot, which was our main discrepancy. Other than that, Siam Computing runs a solid ship.

I can’t think of any specific advice to give, but I would definitely recommend Siam Computing. Siam Computing will offer a stable environment from the first contact.

They are excellent at adhering to schedules, for the most part. It may be an India thing, but there are a million holidays there. Siam Computing did stick to schedules, meetings, and appointments, and we only had to reschedule a few items.
    There are other companies charging much more for lesser-quality work.
    They met our objectives 100%, within an acceptable time period, and with the intended performance.
    There would be no loss to my reputation after recommending Siam Computing.