Cyber Security Services You Can Rely On

Shield 7 operates as a Veteran Owned consulting firm and VAR based in Maryland. We specialize in Computer & Network Security with divisions dedicated to Penetration Testing and Security Assessments, System Integration, and Malware/Forensics.

Clarksville, MD
  • 7125 Ramsgate Court
    Clarksville, MD 21029

Maryland Cyber Security Conference Image

Maryland Cyber Security Conference

Maryland Cybersecurity Solutions Showcase at M&T Bank Stadium.

Security Services for Web Design & Development Company

“I trust and rely on their consulting because they’re constantly staying with new trends and seeing what’s out there.”

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

Shield 7 Consulting provides annual and as-needed security services to a web design and development company. They do penetration testing and audits to ensure compliance with bank-related security practices.

Columbia, Maryland
Michael Spinosa
President & Co-Founder, Unleashed Technologies

Shield 7 Consulting has affirmed their reputation as the best security service provider on the market by preventing any breaches since they came on board. Client-oriented and transparent in their communications, the team meets all deadlines and maintains incredibly strong subject matter expertise.

I’m the president and co-founder of Unleashed Technologies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shield 7 Consulting?

We needed to make sure that we had regular penetration testing and audits and that we are in compliance for our financial customers.

Shield 7 Consulting does our annual and regular security work. Annually, they audit, test, and ensure that we’re following all best practices in our policies and procedures. They recommend and give us adjustments to those to make sure that we’re in compliance with bank-related security practices. When we need them, they’re on call to help us with any emergency issues. They do work on-site and remotely.

We work with two people from their team. Our project manager is Matthew (Partner & Principal Security Consultant).

How did you come to work with Shield 7 Consulting?

I came across Shield 7 Consulting because they have one of the best reputations in the market for being able to work with penetration testing, intrusion detection, auditing, and security compliances. They’re very high up on Check Point. They’re the best in the area. I heard about them through word-of-mouth and then saw them speak at different shows.

We’ve spent $200,000–$1 million over the past four years.

My company began working with Shield 7 Consulting in March 2016. Our work together is ongoing.

They’ve never missed a deadline. If they’ve ever been delayed, it’s been because of us. Their auditing and reporting help us stay secure; we’ve had no breaches over the last four years.

How did Shield 7 Consulting perform from a project management standpoint?

Shield 7 Consulting is an amazing group that’s able to keep and maintain their deadlines. They understand the importance of the client and how their work affects the ongoing success of the client. They’re very transparent in their communication with us; they keep us up to speed on what they’ve found and what they’d recommend. I give them high marks for communications, work product, and adherence to milestones. They’re a vendor I don’t have to worry about.

They maintain truly deep subject matter expertise. This is what they do. There are a lot of groups that try to spread themselves thin and say they’re experts in everything, while Shield 7 Consulting really focuses on being a mile deep. I trust and rely on their consulting because they’re constantly staying with new trends and seeing what’s out there. They’re very, very experienced.

No, I’m completely satisfied. I’ve never asked them to change a thing, and they do exactly what I need them to do.

I’d say to just hire them and understand that this group understands how to quote and build out project plans; if they say a project is going to take a certain amount of time, it will. These guys really have their stuff together.