Working on strange things for brighter tomorrow.

Developing is a consequence of good concepts. The best products are made when we transition ideas from one context to another. Our job is to show you that there are more contexts than the one that you are in right now. We are a Studio that specializes in digital transformations for a variety of industries with an award-winning team of futurists fluid in software development, strategy and visuals.

Ljubljana, Slovenia

iDanceSocial

iDanceSocial - platform designed for a dancer in you Image

iDanceSocial - platform designed for a dancer in you

iDanceSocial is a complex location-based platform to connect dancers from all over the world. Our main focus was a simplification of dancers journey from learning their first steps to attending world dance congresses and festivals. We achieved that by developing a couple of important and advanced features for dancers, dance instructors and event organizers:

1. Learn how to dance with community-based dance

instruction videos and subscribe to your favorite creators

2. Explore events in your area and buy tickets with a simple tap

3. Chat with other dancers

4. Earn money either by hosting events and selling tickets or creating videos and selling monthly subscriptions

5. Track your earnings and check-in dancers to your events with an easy-to-use QR code-based app.

The platform attracted thousands of users in the first few months.

Products developed: iOS and Android application, web application, CMS system, API.

Technologies used: React, React Native, NodeJS, PostgreSQL, AWS, Heroku

Web App Dev for Artist Collaboration & Discovery Company

"They provided a structured, organized environment that enhanced the professionalism of the business interaction."

May 2020 - Ongoing

Working with loose concepts, Shape Labs took on all aspects of the development of an artist discovery and collaboration app. The product allows users to share text and MP3 posts with others.

Dallas, Texas
Khoury Howell
Founder & CEO, Artist Development Company

The internal staff is happy with the look, feel, and functionality of the app's features, citing the high quality of code. The team worked to quickly understand the project's requirements and overall purpose, which aided them in providing unique, helpful app enhancement suggestions to the partner.

I am the founder and CEO of an artist development company called EAR HUSTLAZ. We are a business that partners with local artists and brands to provide unique opportunities to showcase their talent and expand their reach across multiple networks. Our goal is to help artists and aspiring music professionals establish a sustained career in music.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shape Labs?

The ability for an artist to be discovered and connect in an organized way. The music industry doesn't provide enough ways for aspiring artists to be discovered and to connect with each other - Shape Labs was hired to help create this new platform of collaboration and discovery that will provide a solution to this.

They helped narrow down ideas and create features that best suited the flow of operation. From being involved with marketing ideas, to design, to scalability.

I worked with three individuals. One set up a framework for the app, another handled programming, and the third was responsible for design and UX.

How did you come to work with Shape Labs?

Their portfolio popped up in one of my web searches for a partner. I liked the layout of their website and downloaded a few of their apps. Their work was smooth and high-quality, so I reached out to them.

We’ve spent about $12,000.

We’ve been working with them since about May 2020.

They were able to quickly understand and relay my vision for the app, which proved that we were on the same page from the start. Because they understand the mission, they were able to provide input and suggestions to make the end product more effective. I’m not a tech expert, so their recommendations were very helpful.

The quality of the app and its individual features look great. I’m happy with the design as well. The product was definitely made to be scalable as well, which was a huge priority for me. I was impressed with their pricing for the value they provided as well.

How did Shape Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great communicators, driving the project forward in a very different time zone. We didn’t set any hard deadlines, but they did a great job overall.

Their professionalism in our remote environment was very impressive. They provided a structured, organized environment that enhanced the professionalism of the business interaction.

I can’t think of anything off the top of my head.

Be specific with your vision on paper. It can be challenging to specify parts of your vision, but it will help you communicate your needs. They will be more effective on the project that way.

App & Logo Design for Home Maintenance Marketplace

"The project team has delivered to the vision and added to it for a better MVP."

Oct. 2019 - Mar. 2020

A home maintenance marketplace hired Shape Labs to assist with mobile application and logo design. Based on the LetsGo Interface and provided with wireframes, they completed two revisions of an MVP of the app.

Australia
Founder, Home Maintenance Marketplace

Although the project has been delayed, the work that they have done successfully executed the vision and improved the design and features of the product. Their team was communicative, honest, attentive, detail-oriented, professional, and took pride in their work.

My company is an online/mobile application based home maintenance marketplace connecting service providers and home owners. Position is Founder and CTO

For what projects/services did your company hire Shape Labs?

Mobile application development, logo design

Develop an MVP

Communication, showed the best understanding of my vision.

A mobile application based on the Letgo interface but with the marketplace around home services rather than goods. Wireframes were provided. Two revisions were completed for this project

The team was comprised of a designer, two coders and a tester.

Due to Covid-19, the launch of the project has been delayed, however so far the main point is that the project team has delivered to the vision and added to it for a better MVP.

The workflow between teams was effective using slack, trello and google meets.

Were able to execute on the vision, provided input into design which made it better, were honest about practicalities of implementing features, easy to communicate with, took the time to really understand requirements, had attention to detail, are professional and took pride in their work.

Regression testing

Delivered to required timeline, kept up the cadence of weekly meetings
    Executed on the vision and scope specified

Web and Mobile App Dev for Social Dance Platform

"Shape Labs acts like my co-founder in every sense of the word."

Sept. 2017 - Ongoing

Shape Labs designed and built a web and mobile app as a social network for the dance community. They created the frontend in React and React Native and the backend in Node.js and AWS. The project is ongoing.

Alexandria, Virginia
Founder, Dance Platform

The app has received praise from interested users already. Shape Labs delivers quality work in a timely and cost-effective manner. Their transparency, promptness, and constant communication make them a trustworthy partner. Note: This reviewer has a hybrid financial arrangement with the vendor to compensate for their services.

I’m the founder of a social dance platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shape Labs?

Shape Labs provides design, development, and management assistance for our platform. We’ve made them a co-founder; they own shares of our company.

Shape Labs helped build our platform as a web and mobile app. It uses React and React Native for the frontend and Node.js for the backend. We also use AWS and Heroku. Their team created wireframes, designs, and requirements based on the ideas I give them.

The platform’s main function is social networking. Users can add or remove friends, create friend circles, and interact with events.

How did you come to work with Shape Labs?

The quality of Shape Labs’ work was my number one consideration. They also are highly professional at meeting deadlines. They always meet targets and follow up even on small requests. We communicate every day no matter the time of day, and we always receive a fast response. There’s also a level of trust that I have for Shape Labs, which is important considering that our platform processes payments.

We’ve spent about $160,000–$170,000. Shape Labs also holds a stake in our company.

The project started in September 2017 and has been ongoing in starts and stops ever since. We recently paused in October 2019 because of financial reasons.

Our target audience—both end-users and business clients—has been very impressed and excited about the platform. People especially like the user experience. We’ve received a lovely, positive response to Shape Labs’ work so far.

How did Shape Labs perform from a project management standpoint?

It’s a collaborative effort. Initially, we didn't have any management tools, but as our target got more mature and complex, we added Jira and Slack to communicate better. Shape Labs acts like my co-founder in every sense of the word.

Shape Labs has been great at everything. I’ve never invested this much money in anything before. I first hired Shape Labs because I needed a frontend specialist to handle that part of the platform. After seeing their speed and quality of work, I ended up giving Shape Labs total control of the project.

Any issues come from my end. Shape Labs does exactly what I want them to do.