Design and development agency

Throughout a decade of hard work, we gained a reputation for trust, passion, and most importantly, quality. As of today, we have over 250 clients around the world with hundreds of successful projects of different magnitude.

We deliver custom software solutions for web and mobile, and expertise in agile Ruby on Rails development. Our team will help you to create your own web & mobile project.

We offer a full range of services you need to boost your business today:

1.Web Development

We build healthy, flexible, scalable and effective web-based projects.

2. Mobile App Development

Friendly, engaging and stylish – that's how users see our applications.

3. Web Design

Our designers know all about сlean, intuitive, extremely easy-to-use design.

4. Corporate identity

Whether you need a simple logo design or a complete branding strategy we’ll provide a lasting solution that works.

5. UI/UX Design

If you’re just looking for initial prototypes and design work or a redesign for an already built app, we can lend our helping hand.

If there is anything you would like to know, please don't hesitate to ask us.

2006
    Krasnodar 350000
    Russia

Cubebrush, CG+, Vulcun, Swyft, MyMovies

Cubebrush

We’ve developed Cubebrush to work especially well for artists and students in the film, game, media and entertainment industries. Though, we believe Cubebrush can be massively useful regardless of the industry.

Arthur W. Page Society

The Arthur W. Page Society has been made to connect and strengthen corporate relations. Being the world’s leading professional association for senior public relations, it’s large user base of Chief Communications Officers of Fortune 500 corporations allows corporate executives and educators enrich their professional connections.

CGPLUS.COM

CGPLUS.COM is a social networking platform for professional digital artists. It is a place to share works, tips and tricks, tools and network with friends, search for jobs and more. We focus on artists in the entertainment industry, illustrators and sequential artists (comics).

I'm in

I'm in Diary is a mobile app running as a social journal for fast and easy arrangement of events with friends. We did the I'm in app development for iOS and Android as well as the UX design. /react-text

OMGene

OMGene (http://www.omd.com) is an internal mobile application for a business enterprise created as an auxiliary communication and team-building platform. We designed UI and UX for OMGene, engineered the app's functionality, and provide ongoing support.

NPE

NPE is a mobile app for online parking space reserve, providing convenient parking experience as well as job opportunities. Our work with NPE was the app UI/UX design, development, and extensive testing.

Loan Ecosystem Online

Loan Ecosystem Online is a financial marketplace for institutions and family offices to discover Middle Market deals, find loans, process, and analize loan information. Perfect for institutional lenders, originators and syndicators, sponsors and borrowers involved in efficient and trustworthy market loan syndications.

My Movies

With our My Movies device sync you can enjoy your movie collection anywhere in the house. Whether on your laptop, mobile or even your Smart TV, My Movies helps you find that perfect movie for any occasion.

Vulcun

More than anything, we wanted to bring fantasy eSports to a new level. The whole process, through prototyping to design has been based around building a logically smooth user experience.

iOS Dev for Social Calendar Startup

"I think what really stands out to me is that they’re very professional."

Jan. 2016 - Feb. 2017

Designed and developed an iOS app, as well as the associated content management system. Key functionalities included calendar functions, RSVPing, and social tools. Web and Android versions are forthcoming.

Latif Baluch
Co-founder, Im in Diary

The user interface was a major focus of the project, and the result was exceptional: Apple ranked the app in their “New Apps We Love” category. They kept everything organized so the Android developers would have an easier time. The project timeframe got extended due to changing requirements.

I’m the co-founder of I’m in Diary, which is currently a mobile app. It’s based around a calendar, but it has a lot of social networking elements as well. It’s designed to make it easier to organize things with your colleagues, friends, and family. We launched the iOS version in February, and now we’re building out Android and Web versions.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

My background is actually in investment backing, so I didn’t have much technology background when my co-founder and I started. We were looking for an agency that could build it for us, but also support us as we went along. We wanted an agency that offered more than one particular service or one particular language. So, I think Shakuro has that benefit.

They helped us out a lot on the design side for starters. They built out our frontend iOS app, as well as a backend behind it. The frontend is Objective-C and the backend is Ruby on Rails. They also built a CMS for us. On their end, I had a full-time iOS developer, a part-time backend developer, a part-time project manager, and a tester who got involved whenever needed.

A great advantage of Shakuro is that, for the last year and a half, they’ve always had the same people on our project, which is a huge advantage. I think there are a lot of agencies out there that circulate between the team or have more than one person involved, and things get a bit messy that way. I think it’s much better to have more of a dedicated team, and that’s why we’ve stayed with them throughout this period.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

We looked around at companies in the UK, Dubai, and India. My partner had done business with Shakuro before, but I don’t know the exact story. From what I remember, I think he basically came across the CEO online somehow. We thought they were the best possible choice. We took into account their professionalism, quality, and cost. That’s why we went ahead with them, and they’ve been very helpful for us.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We’ve invested somewhere between $54,000 and $58,000. When I first started, I had no idea what I was doing and made a few mistakes. I think a lot of things they built for me weren’t right, not because of them, but because of what we wanted in the product. So, there were a lot of iterations as we changed things quite a lot. Obviously, creating it from scratch would probably cost a lot less.

We first touched based about two years ago, but the bulk of the development really started in the last year and three months. So, we’re talking early 2016 as when things got a lot busier. The bulk of the work was done between January of 2016 and February of 2017. The iOS app was launched in February. We’re now raising money, and we’re going to be updating the app quite a lot. So, it’s ongoing work.

After the February launch, we actually got featured by Apple on ‘New Apps We Love’, which was great. Their feedback was that the design and quality of the app were at quite a high standard for a new player. That was really good for us as a company, but also shows the work that Shakuro came up with in the end.

I think it’s a bit early for us to talk about sales and marketing, just because we haven’t done any yet as a company. We’ve been waiting for the Android to be out and changing the product, so I think that’s a bit of an unfair metric. I think the best one is the Apple feature. I’ve met a lot of people who have made loads of apps, but very few of them have been featured, or at least not at our size. To get that, the idea obviously needs to be great, but the execution needs to be good as well. I think they deserve a bit of credit in that space.

We’ve had really good feedback on design. That’s been the main focus for us. We don’t have a lot of the features that bigger companies have, so the design is an important part of why people are using the app. In terms of the code, I ran it past an experienced developer who I trust, and he said the documentation they set up on the backend is really easy to use. The Android developer commented that the backend docs were quite easy to follow, which is quite important as well and something that a lot of people get wrong.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

I think having a project manager was really great. I got very involved, but I just got more involved than I had to. I think they’re quite capable, which is great. I trust them. A lot of the time, I’m hearing suggestions from them, and they have more tech experience than I do. We use JIRA, which is fantastic from my perspective. It’s really easy to communicate with everyone and make sure everything’s efficient. I do trust them to do their thing when I need to. I’d say they generally met the deadlines. In the app world, meeting deadlines is very difficult, and we didn’t meet every single deadline. I can say that they really worked hard to make sure they did everything that was in their hands to do.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

I have been speaking to other agencies and considered hiring in-house developers as well. I think what really stands out to me is that they’re very professional. The project manager we have has just been excellent, and his communication has been great. He’s very responsive, which I think is one of the most important things. He replies to emails and calls, and he’s online when we need him to be. They’re just super-professional, and I always know what’s going on there. They always keep me up to date on holidays or if people are away. It feels as if they’re part of the company, really.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

I think it comes back to the timing. When you’re building new technology, sometimes it’s hard to estimate how long that’s going to take. Sometimes you just find out as you go along. At times, I think they need to manage that process a little better and manage their client’s expectations. I’ve given this feedback to them, and they are learning from that and they’ve been better recently. It’s something you just continue to learn as you’re building things.

It’s a difficult thing to do, and they’ve gotten a lot better at it recently. They’ve improved a lot, and I appreciate that.
    It’s very reasonable compared to the global standard.
    We’ve had really good feedback from our users. We haven’t had as many bugs as we expected. We got featured by Apple, and they commented on the design and quality.
    We’re already running more work through them, and we’re already recommended them to a few other people.

Web Dev & UI/UX for Social Media Platform

"They were transparent in setting costs and giving feedback."

Shakuro created a digital art web platform from the ground up, executing the entire design and logic, software development, and UX/UI. They now conduct fixes and changes in an open engagement.

Kirill Chepizhko
CEO, Secret Pacific Division

As Shakuro introduced new features, user numbers grew steadily, and uploads, comments, and likes increased on the platform. The team’s integrity, extensive experience, and proactive project management continue to earn them top marks.

I’m the CEO of Secret Pacific Division. Our company wanted to launch a website for digital artists. We still don’t know if we’re going to work on other websites, but that’s basically our product. I’m in San Francisco, and a few people are working for me.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

We needed ground-up development, including the whole design, software, UI, and logic. We knew that Shakuro had experience in building a similar platform. We had an idea but no infrastructure, and we hadn’t figured out the logic of how that interaction would happen. We found some competitor websites that looked similar to what we wanted. We needed an abstraction of all that, plus improvements. We brought Shakuro our vision, and they took over completely. We started with a broad idea and ended with the product.

I’m not a technical person, but I believe the site was built using Ruby on Rails. Shakuro also did some specific domain setups and other particulars. The project was split into frontend and backend. One person led the team on the backend, and we also were assigned someone for the design. I was only talking to a single person about the UI and our ideas, and that individual relayed information to the people who were implementing.

Due to their experience with similar platforms, they also offered ideas. It was something they didn’t have a chance to do before, and it felt right. Also, the functionality is really vast. For example, we needed a set of images implemented, but it had to be simultaneous with, let’s say, 10 images in a row. We didn’t know how to do that, but Shakuro had an idea about uploading and tagging images, which they helped us develop and perfect. They found a way to propagate the same tag throughout all images and alter them.

They also suggested and developed instant messaging within the website, which none of our competitors had at the time. Now, we have messages between profiles.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

We found them by word-of-mouth after they developed a previous popular platform. We started developing our own because if that platform went away, the website would shut down. We knew that Shakuro was the original developer, so we reached out to them through the website and looked at their portfolio. Their previous experience definitely attracted us.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We’ve invested over $50,000.

It’s kind of a blur because we had a rough start at the idea stage. I don’t remember the exact date or month, but I know it’s been going on for 1.5 years roughly. The project has wrapped up, and we’re in limbo at the moment. We will need more development and are still talking to them. It’s an open contract since we go back to them for fixes and changes. There’s currently no new development, but maintenance is still happening.

We like to keep our specific numbers private, but you can see the activity on the website by recent uploads, which happen every day. The growth rate was pretty stable while we were rolling out new features. We had to stop for other reasons, but as we were implementing more and more stuff, we had something like 1,000 users a month. We saw increases in commenting, liking, and uploading.

Shakuro also helped us implement a support system, which they didn’t develop but tailored for us. It includes pop-up support on the right side of the screen. Once that was in place, we had a lot of user feedback coming in directly through that tool. We had users asking for certain features, and I’ve discussed these suggestions with Shakuro. Some of them have been implemented already, and others were minor changes in the UI.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

I would give them 100%. They took over the development completely after the idea stage. I had no problem with their management whatsoever. We had daily Skype calls where they showed me the progress, and I either approved it or sent it back.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

I have a friend who is also working with them based on my recommendation, so I can speak about several projects. Their integrity is the most impressive trait. Often, when I had ideas that weren’t the best or that were expensive, they were upfront and told me which ideas would not be viable.

They were transparent in setting costs and giving feedback. Not everyone is like that. A lot of developers will blindly follow your direction. I relied on their experience, as this was my first big user platform project. Their candor gave us considerable value.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

If everything was cheaper, we’d all be happy, but I don’t think they’re the most expensive company. Rates depend on the market, and they can always go lower. I would prefer to have some people working in my office, but they did a good job in a remote capacity.

Overall Score I’m happy overall.
    They were actually ahead of schedule most of the time.
    In the end, I was satisfied, which is all that matters.
    I’ve recommended them to a friend, and they have an ongoing project.

MySQL & PHP Dev for Code Analysis Tool

"The one thing which really stands out for me, based on working with numerous IT professionals in general, is the speed with which Shakuro can grasp what we're trying to do."

Shakuro was hired to provide MySQL & PHP development to help their product run smoother and more efficiently.

11–50 Employees

Reston, Virginia
Anthony Gallo & Joe Randall
President & Technical Lead, GenesisOne

The clients have seen results in the amount of clients that are coming back to use their product. Those same clients have commented on the quality of their product which they attribute in part to the services the agency provided. They were happy with the agency's abilities and the speed with which they were able to get something new.

Anthony Gallo: I am a co-founder and the president of GenesisOne. Joe Randall is our technical lead. We're an IBM technical validated partner, and provide a tool which documents code within SQL servers, creating a data flow for it.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

Joe Randall: We were working with technology that we weren't familiar with. Our platform had been developed using different languages, from a PHP and MySQL website to a C# tool. Our previous developers messed things up for us, but Shakuro was able to jump in and not only fix but improve our platform.

JR: We have an interactive e-commerce website which we tracked extensively. Shakuro took over the maintenance of our PHP and MySQL solution and fixed some running issues. They set up web services for us in order to facilitate communication between our two hosting environments and performed a number of tasks which were above and beyond what we asked for. Shakuro has the ability to quickly learn about a concept and recommend solutions for making it more efficient, while still delivering under our estimated hours. Shakuro brought up our platform by many levels in terms of functionality and reliability.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

AG: I found Shakuro through a friend. We fell in love with them from day one. Shakuro not only created an outstanding product, but they came in under budget.

JR: We had used several companies like Shakuro, but they're the only one that I would want to continue working with.

JR: Because we have a commercial tool, we are constantly working on enhancements for it. Anthony is responsible for our marketing push, we provide feedback to Shakuro, and ask them for changes through a back-and-forth process.

AG: We've had a relationship with them for several years. Shakuro helped us become an IBM technical validated partner. The company saw our technology as being a breakthrough in terms of documenting Microsoft's SQL Server. We also plan to use Shakuro on an ongoing basis, for building out the same technology for Oracle and other databases.

AG: We've shared a number of results on the case studies section of our website. A Microsoft representative commented on the amount of time our tool has saved them.

It's a commercial tool being used by various clients from all over the world. They've been reordering our service, so we're very happy with Shakuro's work.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

JR: We used Git as a repository and JIRA for tracking the work. The process was very transparent; we knew exactly what Shakuro's team was working on, and I appreciated that they didn't simply go off and started developing, but made sure that they understood what our requirements were. Shakuro came back with tons of questions around the emails I sent them and kept up the back-and-forth communication until they had a crystal clear understanding of what they were doing. We set up JIRA tasks and went through them in an organized manner. I have the impression that Shakuro's team hates wasting time and milking people for money.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

JR: The one thing which really stands out for me, based on working with numerous IT professionals in general, is the speed with which Shakuro can grasp what we're trying to do. I communicated with them at a very high, conceptual level, but Shakuro was able to understand things quickly and communicate them back to me in the form of technical specifications. That's a very impressive and hard-to-find quality.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

AG: We would think that there would be, but Shakuro was a godsend for us. They came under budget and were always on time, which is unheard of in the IT industry. I do not have a negative comment about them, and we will continue to use Shakuro.

Overall Score Or even 10.
    They’re a five compared to what we've had to deal with in the past.
    Shakuro was always on time, and the quality of their work is unbelievable.
    We would recommend them as long as Shakuro doesn't forget about us.

Native App Dev, Digital Organization Company

"The quality of work they delivered was always good."

Sept. 2013 - Feb. 2016

Shakuro was hired to develop native apps. The client had built the web products but needed an agency to develop mobile apps for Windows, iOS, and Android.

München, Bayern
Paul Krion
Director of Engineering, organize.me

The client appreciated their ability to remain proactive and honest throughout the duration of their working relationship. They always got good feedback from Shakuro and the agency was flexible to make changes when necessary. They were able to adapt to changing which helped everything run smoothly.

organize.me is a startup in the document recognition domain. We analyzed documents semantically based on the content. This way we could retrieve categorization type, creation date, and vendors of the documents, and finally, provide an archive. I was the head of engineering when I worked at the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

There were only 12 employees in the company. We provided the UI [user interface] for the web product as well as the Android, iOS, and Windows full native apps, and an API on the backend. We needed someone to develop the native apps.

Shakuro created all the native apps for Windows, iOS, and Android. The initial idea came from us. We had one UX [user experience] developer and one designer on our team. Shakuro gave us really good feedback on our draft, and our team was able to make those changes.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

We found Shakuro on Upwork. They had good reviews, and we felt we could trust them.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We spent several hundred thousand euros but less than 1 million.

We started working with Shakuro in September 2013, and the work was completed in February 2016.

I don’t have any metrics since I’m no longer with the company. Shakuro was always very honest and proactive which we appreciated very much. The quality of work they delivered was always good.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

In the beginning, it was tough because Shakuro had very strict responsibilities regarding who does what tasks. We kept working to improve this. Eventually, they were pulling tickets for other developers and sharing responsibilities. Shakuro provided a project manager who was our main point of contact. They discussed ideas and questions with us and then shared it with Shakuro’s team. We communicated with him through Slack or Skype.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

The most important thing was Shakuro's ability to adapt to new situations. There were lots of times where we changed our minds. Shakuro was very proactive on everything, and they were always trying to think on their own. Shakuro didn’t just implement what we said but gave feedback if they thought something wasn’t going to work properly.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

Not really. If there’s an issue, I talked to Shakuro directly.

Shakuro has always been on time or communicated if there was going to be a delay.
    I spent the same amount on other developers, and they’ve not been as good.
    Shakuro's team is really good but not the overall best I’ve seen in this domain.

Web Dev & QA Testing for Financial Services IT Firm

"They were detail oriented, and the code reflected this."

July 2015 - Dec. 2016

They were brought on to join the team to provide PHP, .NET, C#, QA testing, and frontend development work. The team consisted of a 20-person team.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Nir Pinhasov
CTO, SalesTech

After they were able to develop a new payment system, the client was able to see a significant increase in revenue. They appreciated Shakuro's ability to be professional and provide a quality code along with quality control for existing code.

Salestech provided technological services for several brands within the financial industry. The company had around 500 employees; 80 of them in the technology department and 50 for product R&D. I was the CTO of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

We had seen growth in the R&D department and wanted to make sure that we'd grow in parallel in Israel as well as offshore. We wanted to recruit resources on both fronts, in order to have a good pace and there was also an issue of cost. We wanted to offset the cost of Israel employees, which we were able to do by 2/3 when recruiting offshore resources. Our business worked from Monday to Friday and wanted a development unit which would be available beyond this for any production issues. Shakuro's team worked from Monday till Friday..

Shakuro's employees were treated as our own, given the same code to work on. They built platforms, working on new features and architecture.

We needed to build a new solution from scratch, so we established a part of the team in Israel, using Shakuro's Russian team as an extension of it. Our managers were in charge of a single Scrum team for both groups. Most people in Shakuro's group are full-stack developers for PHP and .NET C#, but we also utilized frontend and QA resources. They worked on our CRM [customer relationship management] and payment systems, performing manual and automated testing. We also had a product owner and DevOps people on Shakuro's side. Overall, we had a 20-person team, consisting of developers, QA, managers, and so on. Our project manager was Shakuro's current COO. He is a very trustworthy person, and I enjoyed working with him. He knew how to bring people together, ensuring that our recruitment and retention were being done optimally.

We wanted to set up their team so that they could work independently, with all the required functionalities existing on the Russian side.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I had known Shakuro's manager from a previous collaboration and wanted to continue working with him.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

The cost of Shakuro's work was around $500,000 per year.

We started working with Shakuro in July 2015. The project ended in December 2016.

We'd had problems with our old systems, and wanted to replace them. In a very short period, around four months, we were able to overcome our problems with the legacy payment system and deployed the new one to production. Shakuro's team mainly built it. We saw a significant revenue increase after four months of working with them.

Shakuro's team was very professional. They were doing architecture work for a new system, and adopted a well-established infrastructure, thinking about the long-term use of the system. They were detail oriented, and the code reflected this. We were satisfied with the testing efforts and everything which was reflected in our ALM [application lifecycle management] tool. Overall, we felt that Shakuro was part of our Israel team, and they felt the same. We had visits from Israel to their location and vice versa, in order to establish a common atmosphere and culture. I was very satisfied to see this happen.

The system was meant for internal use. The business units who were using it were very impressed; we gave them everything they were hoping for in a very short while. It amounted to a general boost on the business side.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked through the Agile methodology, using sprints. There were more long-term projects for which we put together plans, and we achieved this with Shakuro's team because they were integrated with our own. Everyone was conscious of our targets and worked hard, long hours, including on national holidays.

We set up video conferencing equipment in every room on Shakuro's side. Each member had their own camera, which they turned on during our standups. This was important for us, since being able to look at a person makes the communication much more personal, and leads to more commitment and a better culture. This was expressed in every aspect of the ceremonies, including our retrospective and planning meetings. We were always inviting Shakuro's team to join our meetings over Skype and any other software which allowed that.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

I know that there are many offshore companies on the market, but the most important thing for me was to know that Shakuro's team would see themselves as our employees. Shakuro allowed that, giving them a dedicated office so that they could work alone with no other clients around. We felt that Shakuro's employees adopted the culture of our company, which is very important in the business culture of Israel. Shakuro had very good management and stability, assigning dedicated managers. The site manager knew everything that was happening, coordinated the work, and raised flags whenever there wasn't enough work. Many other companies will use resources for multiple clients regardless, but I was able to trust that Shakuro's team was exclusive to us and that they wanted to contribute to our effort.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Shakuro?

My advice would be giving Shakuro the mindset that they belong to a company, putting together events and branding everything accordingly. I would also advise clients to allow the team to be as independent as possible. My strategy is to start with a distributed team and gradually allow the outsourced party to be self-sufficient with their own Scrum master, product owner, and so on.

What we got, compared to Israel prices and productivity, was great. Shakuro was more productive in some cases and cost us 1/3 of the price.
    Shakuro delivered well most of the time, but there were some areas where we felt that we didn't receive the deliverables we wanted. It was a work in progress, and Shakuro improved over time. Their mindset and culture were there.
    My experience with Shakuro's team has been very good.

QA Testing & Dev for Software Firm

"I'm very happy with our contact from Shakuro."

July 2016 - Ongoing

Shakuro was brought onto the team to provide QA and development services. They provided these services for products that were being sold on an e-commerce platform.

Israel
Tal Gruenwald
CEO, Novus.io

The client has been very happy with the results they've seen as Shakuro's work has enabled the company to find a number of bugs and tasks that had fallen through the cracks. They particularly appreciate that Shakuro can be completely independent without having to consistently check in with them.

Novus.io is a part of Tenengroup, which is one of the largest e-commerce companies in Israel. We are the technology arm of the group, in charge of development and anything else related to the field.

I am the CEO of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

We had a big problem with recruiting quality developers and QA [quality assurance] resources in Israel. There is a lot of demand within the local market, and very few candidates. The salaries here are also very high, so the decision to outsource was based both on obtaining higher-quality members and on trying to reduce cost.

We use an Agile process and have two Scrum teams consisting of developers and QA specialists. We received assistance from Shakuro within both of our teams, one of which is in charge of developing the external products we're selling as an e-commerce platform. The other team is in charge of internal development for our existing systems. We recruited three QA resources and 4–5 developers from Shakuro's team. Each one was allocated to a team and worked together with us in a joint manner. We view them as an extension of our own group.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

We went through a process of examining different software service providers. I went on several trips to Russia and Ukraine, visiting a number of companies, including Shakuro. One of the reasons for choosing them was the feeling of dedication, hard work, and experience that their personnel gave. I had had a previous positive experience working with one of Shakuro's founders, while he was working for another company. This fell in with other factors, like price, ease of recruitment, distance, time zone, and the educational opportunities offered by the universities in that area. Once I did the math, it became clear that Shakuro was a good choice for us.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

The cost of Shakuro's work has been between $10,000 and $15,000.

We started working with Shakuro in July 2016. The collaboration is ongoing.

Because we work in Scrum, we keep several measurable units, like sprint velocity. The progress we were able to make was increased after working with Shakuro, but there are all kinds of other parameters, like the number of bugs found and the number of missed tasks. They've all improved, so we're quite happy with the results.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a project manager in Israel who is in charge of our work with Shakuro. Their team simply receives tasks and ensures that the development and testing are being done. In terms of operational management, we have frequent calls and meetings with our site manager from Shakuro. The communication is very good, with 2–3 meetings per week. We address any new issues, like the need to recruit additional employees. I'm very happy with our contact from Shakuro.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

The thing which brought me the most benefits is not having to work a lot for our collaboration with Shakuro. The team is managed by them in terms of human resources and other day-to-day affairs. Our agreement implies that we will know what we can expect from Shakuro, and they will keep track of what we need. The process runs smoothly, and I was never involved in details that didn't require my involvement. I am only notified about the most important issues.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

I can't think of anything. Whenever there was an issue, I talked about it with Shakuro's team and they resolved it immediately, or within a couple of days. For example, we had a problem with their video conferencing equipment, so Shakuro changed the microphones two days later.

Absolutely.

Mobile App Dev & Design for App Dev Company

"I’m happy that the quality of the apps is top-class. My clients are happy."

Aug. 2014 - Ongoing

Shakuro provided design and development services. They modernized existing designs and did the development and design of iOS and Android applications.

United Arab Emirates
Ramy Al-Kadhi
Founder, The Social Corporations

The projects that Shakuro has completed have had a positive outcome. The client that the app was made for will be rolling it out on a global scale. They are particularly happy that the apps have been high quality and that their clients are happy.

I’m the founder of The Social Corporations. We develop internal HR applications for corporations in order to bridge the gap between management and their employees. I’m also the co-founder of I’m in Diary, a social diary app that makes it easier to organize events with friends. Aquapps is another company that I’ve started. It is an experimentation company that allows me to make budget apps to learn the trade.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

The Social Corporations has a project called OMGene, which is the internal software for a media multinational called Omnicom. I started the project with another developer who wasn’t very good, so I had to look for a replacement.

Shakuro took our designs and modernized them, coming up with a base concept. The designs Shakuro came up with were approved very quickly by the client, so there was little back and forth. They did the development and design for the frontend for both iOS and Android. They also created the backend CMS [content management system] that powers the application. They set up our Flurry and customized it to analyze the app, using Ruby on Rails as a coding software. For the CMS, they used the existing white label CMS called Admin Panel.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I found them when I was looking for someone to build a personal app. I used oDesk to post the ad and the founder contacted me via Skype. I liked him because he was serious and asked the right questions. You could tell they knew what they were talking about. I looked at their website and saw they had done professional work.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We spend between $50,000 to 200,000 per year on their services.

The work is ongoing.

The project had a positive outcome. The app was developed for a UAE company and they’re going to roll it out globally. Our client’s sister companies have taken an interest in the app and it has become a hot property in the Middle East.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

This is their weakest point because there is a communication gap sometimes. Sometimes, the answers are quite vague. I find that I have to follow up more, and I don’t get any daily reports of the status of the project. They are not able to meet deadlines because of the amount of QA they do. They want to make sure it’s perfect, but they don’t communicate that to me. Otherwise, their quality is outstanding in terms of functionality and the way they work.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

I’m a startup, so we fostered good relationships on a personal level. It’s not really formal. I’m happy that the quality of the apps is top-class. My clients are happy.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

They have a unique business model, which is difficult. They charge per hour, so sometimes if I just need a quick mockup, they start quoting the hours. I tell them that I just need the mockup so I can approve 100 hours later on. They need to work on fixed rates. I’ve also noticed that they share project managers between different projects, so I think they’re trying to be lean because they’re a startup. They also need to keep me up to date on the deadlines.

Overall Score It’s been great. They’ve done great work and we’ve made lots of apps together that are really successful. It’s not a perfect score because of the issues I already mentioned.
    Shakuro may extend a deadline, but only for the quality of the product to ensure it’s properly tested and delivers a high class solution.
    Shakuro works on a per hour billing system that is fair and takes into account risk which absolves the potential for hidden costs.
    The quality of the apps, website, and design are world class. It’s not a perfect score because of the missed deadlines.
    I have already recommended them. They’re my trusted partner.

Ruby on Rails Development for Financial Marketplace

"Asking questions is key to a project, and Shakuro does a great job with that."

May 2015 - Ongoing

Shakuro provides Ruby on Rails and Angular development services to continue developing a preexisting design.

Founder, Financial Marketplace

They have accomplished the requirements behind the project. The work has received positive feedback for both the flow and design of the product. The agency appreciates Shakuro's top-notch communication and ability to hear what is needed and be able to deliver that.

The company is a financial marketplace founded in 2014. I’m the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

I needed a team for development services.

They used Ruby on Rails and Angular. I had a team in the US start the design of the platform and then Shakuro was following that design.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I found them about 10 years ago on a technology platform where they were featured for of one the sites they built. I had seen some of their code and had worked with them on another project. Shakuro is a close-knit organization, and their culture is good. The people are focused on accomplishing the task. The consistency of their code is really good.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We’ve spent around $500,000 with them.

The work is ongoing.

We’re establishing a disruptive marketplace that takes a long time. Financial markets are slow to adapt new technology. The adoption curve is not as it would be for a consumer application. The goal is to optimize the workflow for a specific application. Shakuro has done a great job at understanding the requirements. We have gotten positive feedback on the workflow and design. Shakuro has done great at interpreting the work from the US design team.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

We have dedicated resources from Shakuro working on our project which is very helpful. We have a fulltime PM [project manager] to manage the team of 7. Without her, it would be difficult in terms of communication. She’s an excellent communicator. She goes above and beyond by asking questions and making sure there’s a full understanding of every feature.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

Other outsourced teams have not understood the requirements, and the delivery is off target. Asking questions is key to a project, and Shakuro does a great job with that.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

It would be good if Shakuro could extend their technologies beyond Rails and Angular. For most websites, it’s fine but it Shakuro wants to grow, it would benefit them to expand their technologies.

We’ve had scope creep, but that’s normal with any project. This was a complex project.
    It would be hard to find the quality of engineers that Shakuro has in the US, and they would cost 3 times more.
    It’s been great working with Shakuro.

Web Development for Management Consulting Firm

"I hope to be working with them 10 years from now."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

Shakuro was hired to develop a .NET MVC stack and helped on a few other development projects as well.

Washington, DC
Senior Software Developer, Management Consulting Firm

The client is happy with the agency's ability to keep a fast pace in terms of making progress during sprints. They manage to keep the client up to date very well and consistently display their expertise in the field of web development.

I’m a senior software developer in .NET. I work in the commercial industry and am currently building a case management tool for managing security clearances. I’m also working on a federal contract with GSA to do a .NET MVC conversion from an older system. I also have 2 special needs boys who play special-needs hockey, and I came up with an idea about how to manage that.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

I needed .NET MVC full stack development to help support a Portfolio Management project.

The database is SQL Server, and on top of that we have Entity 6 framework, and on top of that we have WCF, and on top of that MVC. They work at all levels. It’s a full stack implementation.

The site they did for my boys’ hockey team is more exciting for me. The site registers all the kids and then provides specialized reports. It keeps track of their attendance and the kids can then get credit for their community service in order to graduate from high school in our county.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I found Shakuro through a friend who had used them to fix some coding that had been done by a different firm.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

In total, we’ve spent $40,000 on the hockey project and $80,000 on the Portfolio Management.

We began working with them on the Portfolio Management project in August 2015 and the project is ongoing. The project for the hockey team started in September 2014 and is still ongoing.

Everybody’s velocity is different, but we’ve done about 20 points a sprint. I’ve had no problems whatsoever.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

When Alex is directly involved, it’s phenomenal. I get a weekly report. They suggested daily Scrum calls but that didn’t fit my style, so we don’t do that.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

They’re supremely competent in what they do, plus they’re incredibly polite and thoughtful. We bonded very well, which helps to keep everybody motivated to do good work.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

Not really. I hope to be working with them 10 years from now.

Database Development for Contracting Firm

"They take initiative and don’t waste time building something that’s not useful for me just for more money."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Shakuro was hired to develop a database.

White Plains, New York
Francis Skehan
Owner, San Mateo Construction

The client has seen a promising increase in accuracy in clocking in and out which has amounted to a lot of money saved. They appreciate how available Shakuro has made itself even though there is a time difference.

I’m the owner and CEO of San Mateo Construction Corp., a subcontracting company dealing with contracts for a primary electric company in New York State. We also provide other subcontracting services such as security, outside securement construction, and so on.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

We wanted to digitalize and automate processes because we were lagging behind in technology.

Shakuro helped with all aspects of the business such as payroll, administration, company tax, health benefits, and automating dispatching. Initially, I was looking to create a very basic database management system. They built the backend for the system. Shakuro used Ruby on Rails, Swift, Java, and SQL. They did the wireframes to show me a simplified way to solve our issues. For example, multiple users had to be able to access multiple time sheets.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I had a conversation with Alex and his team listened to what our needs were. After hearing their suggestions, we realized his company could offer us a complete package unlike anyone else could.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We have spent between $10,000 and $50,000 so far, but this amount will continue to grow.

The work is ongoing.

The quality of work was lightyears better than anyone out there. I can track every detail. We deal with another very large company and I’m making their jobs easier. Our system is better than what they have now. In the past, it was possible for people to fudge a time sheet a half hour. But now, we have a 99.87% efficiency of completing jobs, thanks to geolocation. We never had a statistic like that before and we are saving a lot of money with the system we now have. Shakuro has shown me more ways we can be efficient and they’re ready to help me with those projects when I’m ready.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything was done the way we wanted and it was on time even when the deadline was tight. There is a time difference, but I have access to them 24/7. I use GitHub and they send me live updates.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

They take initiative and don’t waste time building something that’s not useful for me just for more money. They give suggestions for better solutions. If I have any issues, they’re handled quickly compared to other private freelancer programmers I’ve used. I don’t think I ever want anyone else because of the great quality and cost I get with them.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

The only challenging part was the time difference, but they made it work. There were a few hours in the afternoon that were the most challenging times. That being said, there were times they would help me in the middle of the night.

I received deliverables on time as long as I gave them the proper information and didn’t change anything at the last minute.
    Based on my experience with other developers, the price seemed better than anyone else.
    I have experience working with other programmers. I don’t know that Shakuro is the best of the best out there, but their team is the best that I’ve dealt with.
    I have already recommended them to others. Selfishly I don't want to share them but they do such great work.