We deliver custom software solutions for web and mobile, and expertise in agile Ruby on Rails development. Our team will help you to create your own web & mobile project.

We offer a full range of services you need to boost your business today:

1.Web Development

We build healthy, flexible, scalable and effective web-based projects.

2. Mobile App Development

Friendly, engaging and stylish – that's how users see our applications.

3. Web Design

Our designers knows all about сlean, intuitive, extremely easy-to-use design

4. Corporate identity

Whether you need a simple logo design or a complete branding strategy we’ll provide a lasting solution that works.

5. UI/UX Design

If you’re just looking for initial prototypes and design work or a redesign for an already built app, we can lend our helping hand.

If there is anything you would like to know, please don't hesitate to ask us.

Founded:

Client focus

Reviews of Shakuro

Ruby on Rails Development for Financial Marketplace

Web development

Shakuro provides Ruby on Rails and Angular development services to continue developing a preexisting design.

They have accomplished the requirements behind the project. The work has received positive feedback for both the flow and design of the product. The agency appreciates Shakuro's top-notch communication and ability to hear what is needed and be able to deliver that.

"Asking questions is key to a project, and Shakuro does a great job with that."

Founder, Financial Marketplace

Average: 5 (1 vote)

The company is a financial marketplace founded in 2014. I’m the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

I needed a team for development services.

They used Ruby on Rails and Angular. I had a team in the US start the design of the platform and then Shakuro was following that design.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I found them about 10 years ago on a technology platform where they were featured for of one the sites they built. I had seen some of their code and had worked with them on another project. Shakuro is a close-knit organization, and their culture is good. The people are focused on accomplishing the task. The consistency of their code is really good.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We’ve spent around $500,000 with them.

The work is ongoing.

We’re establishing a disruptive marketplace that takes a long time. Financial markets are slow to adapt new technology. The adoption curve is not as it would be for a consumer application. The goal is to optimize the workflow for a specific application. Shakuro has done a great job at understanding the requirements. We have gotten positive feedback on the workflow and design. Shakuro has done great at interpreting the work from the US design team.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

We have dedicated resources from Shakuro working on our project which is very helpful. We have a fulltime PM [project manager] to manage the team of 7. Without her, it would be difficult in terms of communication. She’s an excellent communicator. She goes above and beyond by asking questions and making sure there’s a full understanding of every feature.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

Other outsourced teams have not understood the requirements, and the delivery is off target. Asking questions is key to a project, and Shakuro does a great job with that.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

It would be good if Shakuro could extend their technologies beyond Rails and Angular. For most websites, it’s fine but it Shakuro wants to grow, it would benefit them to expand their technologies.

QUALITY: 5
It’s been great working with Shakuro.
COST: 5
It would be hard to find the quality of engineers that Shakuro has in the US, and they would cost 3 times more.
SCHEDULING: 5
We’ve had scope creep, but that’s normal with any project. This was a complex project.

Web Development for Management Consulting Firm

Web development

Shakuro was hired to develop a .NET MVC stack and helped on a few other development projects as well.

The client is happy with the agency's ability to keep a fast pace in terms of making progress during sprints. They manage to keep the client up to date very well and consistently display their expertise in the field of web development.

"I hope to be working with them 10 years from now."

Senior Software Developer, Management Consulting Firm

Washington, DC

Average: 5 (1 vote)

I’m a senior software developer in .NET. I work in the commercial industry and am currently building a case management tool for managing security clearances. I’m also working on a federal contract with GSA to do a .NET MVC conversion from an older system. I also have 2 special needs boys who play special-needs hockey, and I came up with an idea about how to manage that.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

I needed .NET MVC full stack development to help support a Portfolio Management project.

The database is SQL Server, and on top of that we have Entity 6 framework, and on top of that we have WCF, and on top of that MVC. They work at all levels. It’s a full stack implementation.

The site they did for my boys’ hockey team is more exciting for me. The site registers all the kids and then provides specialized reports. It keeps track of their attendance and the kids can then get credit for their community service in order to graduate from high school in our county.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I found Shakuro through a friend who had used them to fix some coding that had been done by a different firm.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

In total, we’ve spent $40,000 on the hockey project and $80,000 on the Portfolio Management.

We began working with them on the Portfolio Management project in August 2015 and the project is ongoing. The project for the hockey team started in September 2014 and is still ongoing.

Everybody’s velocity is different, but we’ve done about 20 points a sprint. I’ve had no problems whatsoever.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

When Alex is directly involved, it’s phenomenal. I get a weekly report. They suggested daily Scrum calls but that didn’t fit my style, so we don’t do that.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

They’re supremely competent in what they do, plus they’re incredibly polite and thoughtful. We bonded very well, which helps to keep everybody motivated to do good work.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

Not really. I hope to be working with them 10 years from now.

Database Development for Contracting Firm

Database development and analytics

Shakuro was hired to develop a database.

The client has seen a promising increase in accuracy in clocking in and out which has amounted to a lot of money saved. They appreciate how available Shakuro has made itself even though there is a time difference.

"They take initiative and don’t waste time building something that’s not useful for me just for more money."

Owner, San Mateo Construction

White Plains, New York

Average: 4.5 (1 vote)

Average: 4.5 (1 vote)

Average: 5 (1 vote)

I’m the owner and CEO of San Mateo Construction Corp., a subcontracting company dealing with contracts for a primary electric company in New York State. We also provide other subcontracting services such as security, outside securement construction, and so on.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

We wanted to digitalize and automate processes because we were lagging behind in technology.

Shakuro helped with all aspects of the business such as payroll, administration, company tax, health benefits, and automating dispatching. Initially, I was looking to create a very basic database management system. They built the backend for the system. Shakuro used Ruby on Rails, Swift, Java, and SQL. They did the wireframes to show me a simplified way to solve our issues. For example, multiple users had to be able to access multiple time sheets.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

I had a conversation with Alex and his team listened to what our needs were. After hearing their suggestions, we realized his company could offer us a complete package unlike anyone else could.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We have spent between $10,000 and $50,000 so far, but this amount will continue to grow.

The work is ongoing.

The quality of work was lightyears better than anyone out there. I can track every detail. We deal with another very large company and I’m making their jobs easier. Our system is better than what they have now. In the past, it was possible for people to fudge a time sheet a half hour. But now, we have a 99.87% efficiency of completing jobs, thanks to geolocation. We never had a statistic like that before and we are saving a lot of money with the system we now have. Shakuro has shown me more ways we can be efficient and they’re ready to help me with those projects when I’m ready.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything was done the way we wanted and it was on time even when the deadline was tight. There is a time difference, but I have access to them 24/7. I use GitHub and they send me live updates.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

They take initiative and don’t waste time building something that’s not useful for me just for more money. They give suggestions for better solutions. If I have any issues, they’re handled quickly compared to other private freelancer programmers I’ve used. I don’t think I ever want anyone else because of the great quality and cost I get with them.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

The only challenging part was the time difference, but they made it work. There were a few hours in the afternoon that were the most challenging times. That being said, there were times they would help me in the middle of the night.

QUALITY: 4.5
I have experience working with other programmers. I don’t know that Shakuro is the best of the best out there, but their team is the best that I’ve dealt with.
COST: 4.5
Based on my experience with other developers, the price seemed better than anyone else.
SCHEDULING: 5
I received deliverables on time as long as I gave them the proper information and didn’t change anything at the last minute.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I have already recommended them to others. Selfishly I don't want to share them but they do such great work.
Francis Skehan

CMS Development for Augmented Reality Company

Web development

Shakuro was hired to develop a website.

The client hasn't received any sort of measurable results but is happy with the work Shakuro has completed as of yet. They really appreciated the agency's ability to communicate and clear dedication to making sure their client has a good experience.

"Shakuro engages with their customers to be sure they have a superior experience."

CEO, Lore Media

Entrepreneur

Boston, Massachusetts

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Lore Media, Inc. works with augmented reality devices to take literature and move it into mixed reality medium. I am the CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

We wanted to construct our web presence. The platform allows users to upload their stories and literature so that it can be presented in virtual and augmented reality.

We used a pre-existing software called Discourse. There are very few developers who know how to manipulate this software because we wanted to turn it into a CMS that we could use for our content. There was a lot of collaboration between our teams. My goal was to provide them with as clear a picture of what we wanted as possible. They brought anything I had missed to my attention. They also did a helped us set up a temporary form for our landing page which they did free of charge.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

We posted a job on Upwork, and we had a few people apply. After talking with Shakuro, we found they were definitely the most qualified out of 4 or 5 other companies that we spoke with. They had previous experience with the software, so that was a great start. Another thing they were very good at was communication.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

The cost of the project so far is under $10,000.

The project has been postponed as of September, because of financial issues on our end. I plan to continue working with them in the future.

So far, we’ve been focusing on the functionality and making sure everything works correctly. We’ve been working with a new framework called three.js which is used for manipulating 3D objects in your web browser directly. Very few people know how to use it, and it’s been very impressive to see how well Shakuro adapts to different and complicated frameworks.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication is great. I think there was one time that we had a delay in the project, but it was expected because we had changed the scope.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

A lot of the developers are based in Russia so time zones can be an issue. Once I got used to a schedule that worked for both of us, it worked out well.

OVERALL SCORE: 5
I’ve worked with 15 different freelancers, 5 of which were firms, and Shakuro was the best. It’s been wonderful.
QUALITY: 5
They helped me to figure out what I wanted by collaborating with me.
COST: 5
Because we have a limited budget, it was great to figure out what features we could have that would still help us accomplish what we needed to.
SCHEDULING: 5
Anytime a deadline wasn’t met it was because of some surprise that both of us didn’t foresee but we came up with a solution.
Alan Foster

Web Development for Online Marketplace

Web development

Shakuro was hired to develop an eCommerce platform.

The client is seeing 80,000 users right now which has made them happy. They appreciate the casual partnership that the client and Shakuro have. Shakuro's team feels like it is a part of the client's team. Deadlines are met, and communication is clear.

"They’re [Shakuro] meeting the deadlines and communication is clear."

CEO, Cubebrush

Orange County, California

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Cubebrush is an online marketplace. We’re a little bit like Etsy but for digital content for the game industry. I am the CEO [Chief Executive Officer].

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

I needed a team to develop everything. I had the idea but nothing else. I reached out to a couple of companies. Shakuro was the best case scenario. They had been in the business of game art for a long time. They were a really good option.

I came to them with a very vague idea of what I wanted in the end. The idea was to make an eCommerce platform where people could open their store and show their content. We went back and forth multiple times. They would suggest ideas and eventually solidify the idea. I had a lot of different images on my site that I sent them, and they improved. It was more of a collaboration with them than me telling them what to do. As far as how the platform was built, I got what I wanted. I knew that their team was using Ruby, which was something I wanted. That was one of the main things that I wanted my developers to do, and they were doing that already, so that was a plus.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

A big part of it was them previously having a very, very successful platform that all the artists in the industry used for their portfolio. Their name was out there and known. I contacted a bunch of others, and Shakuro offered the best price really. Their quote was unbeatable compared to the other companies.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

We spent $300,000 to $400,000 in total over two years.

We’re working together now. We started towards the end of 2014. I think it was October.

The platform launched publicly in January 2016. We have about 80,000 users right now on the platform. It’s one of the big platforms in this industry where people can put all their content, so I guess it’s pretty successful from that standpoint.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

I wouldn’t be working with them if it wasn’t great. It’s been a very, very cool casual partnership that we’ve had. I’ve had the same guys working on my team since the beginning. It’s almost like they’re my employees, but they’re not. They’re [Shakuro] meeting the deadlines and communication is clear. I talk to them multiple times a day.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

In the beginning, I wasn’t as experienced as a team leader. There was a lot of technology that I wasn’t sure that we should use. I have no serious complaints.

OVERALL SCORE: 5
I’ve never been disappointed with them. The communication is always great. Whenever there is a small miscommunication, it gets fixed right away. There’s never any problems. It’s not something I have to cover for. It’s a solid firm.
QUALITY: 5
I wouldn’t be with them a few years later if they weren’t really solid.
COST: 5
It’s probably 1/3 of what I would pay a firm based in the US. It allows me to raise money.
SCHEDULING: 5
They have always delivered on time within the budget I give them.
Marc Brunet

Web Development for Nonprofit Executive Society

Web development

Shakuro was hired to do design and development work. They also provided UX [user experience] services.

The client has seen a 50% increase in member donations. They have received great feedback from members about the design of the website, and have seen a 60.53% increase in usage. The client really appreciated how much knowledge Shakuro had in coding.

"I’m confident that when they [Shakuro] hand something to me, I don’t have to check it in every browser. They write quality code."

Technology Manager, Arthur W. Page Society

New York City, New York

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Arthur Page Society is an international organization that represents the 300 Chief Communication Officers from the Fortune 300, and the 100 Chief Executive Officers of the 100 largest PR firms in the world. We sponsor research in PR and also provide thought leadership in that space. I lead our technology and website efforts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Shakuro?

Our website was previously on ExpressionEngine, which is predominantly used for blogs. It provided a public face for our organization as well as a member directory. We also have a separate donor database which we use to manage donations and other finances. We were looking for a way to combine the website functionality with the donor database.

We took a branding study we had done and gave that to Shakuro. They were able to develop design concepts which we presented to our executive committee, and they selected the overall look and feel for the website. They also worked with Shakuro to help provide the UX. It was very collaborative. It was us and Shakuro working together to get the UX right, but everything largely was done by Shakuro.

How did you come to work with Shakuro?

One of our members had loaned us a UX designer that works with them. She was on our team and she helped us with the UX.

How much have you invested with Shakuro?

The project was $200,000.

We’re still working with them. We started working them in 2014.

The one big thing we’ve seen as a vote of confidence is that we’ve seen a 50% increase in our member donations for our technology. We allow our members to donate to specific endeavors. Traffic has been really successful. We didn’t realize how bad our old site was until we saw the numbers for uptake on the new site. We saw a 60.53% increase in usage after we updated. The new site has a much better member directory, is mobile enhanced, and it’s really easy to search for members. We’ve gotten all kinds of praise from our members. They’ve all been complimentary of the website.

How did Shakuro perform from a project management standpoint?

We couldn’t do it without them. Yulia is the person we work with. She is amazing. I’m in charge of managing the project on our side. If it had been left to me, this project wouldn’t have launched. She’s been the backbone for everything. She keeps us on schedule and makes sure that we have our deliverables sent to her when we need to.

What did you find most impressive about Shakuro?

I’ve worked in technology before working with my current organization. I know good code and I know bad code. Shakuro browser tests across all platforms. I’m confident that when they hand something to me, I don’t have to check it in every browser. They write quality code. I can’t say enough about their quality of their development. It’s really good code.

Are there any areas Shakuro could improve?

No. I’d say that if I were going to launch a startup, they would be the first people I’d hire. They’re very precise and careful on their communication. They keep their projects on time, tell you no when they need to, are very accurate, and just a good group of people to work with.

They’re the best.
QUALITY: 5
I can trust their deliverables. When they say it’s finished, it’s finished. I can confidently present it to my boss and not worry that I’m giving him something that he’s going to catch problems on.
COST: 5
Our website would have been a $1.2 million website if we had been sourcing it locally.
SCHEDULING: 5
They hit their deadlines. There were times I really wanted something and they told me that it was not possible. They’ve never lied to me. They never promise me things they can’t deliver. That’s huge.
I already have.
Bobby Warren

Vulcun

More than anything, we wanted to bring fantasy eSports to a new level. The whole process, through prototyping to design has been based around building a logically smooth user experience.

Cubebrush

We’ve developed Cubebrush to work especially well for artists and students in the film, game, media and entertainment industries. Though, we believe Cubebrush can be massively useful regardless of the industry.

My Movies

With our My Movies device sync you can enjoy your movie collection anywhere in the house. Whether on your laptop, mobile or even your Smart TV, My Movies helps you find that perfect movie for any occasion.

CGPLUS.COM

CGPLUS.COM is a social networking platform for professional digital artists. It is a place to share works, tips and tricks, tools and network with friends, search for jobs and more. We focus on artists in the entertainment industry, illustrators and sequential artists (comics).