Data-Driven Content Marketing

S&G is a data-driven content marketing agency. We create engaging branded content experiences for B2B and B2C companies who want to stand out from competitors, transform into thought leaders, and build a highly-engaged audience.

S&G was built on a simple idea: If brands communicated better with their potential customers, those potential customers wouldn’t stay potential for long. Long before content marketing became a yet another digital buzzword, we had decided that the best way to reach people was by giving them what they wanted – great content that was useful, interesting, and captivating.

At S&G, our team lives and breathes content marketing. We come from major publishing houses, nationally recognized newspapers, cutting-edge tech companies, and Fortune 500 operations.  We understand how content works. We know how to leverage it to get the best results. And we can execute our content process in our sleep.

We believe:

- That everyone has a story, and good storytelling can capture the imagination
- That long-form writing is not dead
- That the best way to capture people’s hearts and minds is by giving them something useful, while expecting nothing in return
- That no industry has to be dry, boring, or resort to tired cliches
- That marketing buzzwords come and go, but great content is always great
- That creativity and results go hand-in-hand

Miami Beach, FL
  • S&G Content Marketing
    32 W. 39th Street, 4th Floor
    New York, NY 10018
    212-729-6120

Eperi, 180-IT, Research for Life, Midmark Life Sciences, STERIS, JW Aluminum, iPolymer, Jayson Law Group

Content Marketing for Senior Care Franchise

"Whenever and however they’re involved, we see greater lead generation on our site."

2011 - 2016

S&G initially built a resource website, as well as researched and created blog content for the site. They also managed pay-per-click campaigns to drive traffic and generate leads.

1,001 - 10,000 Employees

New York City, New York
Kathy Livingston
President, Senior Helpers

Because of their dedication to understanding the brand they serve, S&G’s involvement spurred an increase in website traffic, as well as lead generation. They diligently used data to track their success and inform their decisions.

I’m the president Senior Helpers, a home care agency that covers the New York City Area. We pair home health aides with senior citizens to help them with safety and medical issues, as well as socialization.

What challenge were you trying to address with S&G Content Marketing?

We wanted to develop a resource website that would reach potential clients from our community and position us experts in our field.

We already had a website for our main service, but S&G built us a separate website that provides resources and blog content specific to the senior community. They came up with the design for the website, and assisted in conducting research and writing blog content. They completed that project in a year.

After that, I hired them to manage our pay-per-click campaigns to generate more leads on our sites.

I worked with Lauren Fairbanks [CEO and Partner, S&G Content Marketing] and Alexandre Mouravskiy [Creative Director and Partner, S&G Content Marketing].

How did you come to work with S&G Content Marketing?

I met Lauren through a friend who informed her of our needs. We felt she was knowledgeable, so we hired her company to assist us.

It was a bit over $10,000.

We began working with them in 2011, and our most recent pay-per-click campaign was completed in 2016.

We don’t have hard figures on the impact of their work because it’s difficult to track the different between the pay-per-click campaigns that S&G did for us versus those being purchased on our behalf by our franchise.

But anecdotally, S&G did a fantastic job learning about our industry. Lauren and Alexandre got creative in trying to find different ways to accomplish our goals. We’ve seen an uptick in our web activity when they’ve manage our pay-per-click campaigns in the past. We’ve also noticed increased traffic on our main website when they completed our resource site. Whenever and however they’re involved, we see greater lead generation on our site.

How did S&G Content Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a good job. They’re very timely; in fact, Lauren would often follow up without me so we could go through our data and review whether we were meeting our goal. From a project management standpoint, that speaks to their willingness to keep me apprised of their progress and stay on top of any changes that need to be made.

They’re very hands-on. They’re a smaller company that appreciates details and understands the need for individualization to ensure success. They took the time to learn our company, and that made a positive impact on their work’s outcome.

No. If we do another pay-per-click campaign or decide to build another website, I would absolutely partner with them again.

Overall Score We’ve continued to work with them over the years because they’ve done a great job.
    I’m extremely busy, and S&G worked around my schedule to keep our projects on deadline.
    The return on the investment wasn’t necessarily always there, but I don’t believe that to be due to a lack of effort on S&G’s part.
    They diligently monitored data to keep us apprised of their work’s impact and success, and they would make changes when necessary.
    I would absolutely recommend them.

Content Marketing for Retail Consulting Firm

"Their ability to understand my industry really made them stand out from the competition."

Mar. - Dec. 2017

S&G provided content marketing and both individual and business brand optimization for a fashion and retail strategist, including arranging prestigious nationwide publication placements.

Miami, Florida
Christine Bourgois Sica
President, Mox Group Strategists

S&G’s approach to collaborative project management was key for remaining on target throughout the process. A thorough approach to discovery and research allowed them to most effectively maximize audience reach and message clarity. Despite being a growing company, they never let it affect their work.

I am a partner at Mox Group Strategists, which is a retail strategy company that specializes in go-to-market tactics for small to medium-size brands. Using a retail perspective, we help our largely international user base with anything from brand and product analysis, to implementation, to sales distribution.

What challenge were you trying to address with S&G Content Marketing?

Retail and fashion companies are constantly inundated by calls and messages from individuals who want to be involved in their business, and I needed a way to stand out amongst the crowd. I wanted to present myself with authority and authenticity, and to clarify what I had to offer to our clients. When I first went to S&G, I needed not only to build up my company, but also to finesse my own image as an industry leader and expert.

S&G took a very similar approach that I would have taken from a product perspective, and then applied it to me and my business. They began by learning as much as they could about my business and our offered services, and then streamlined my message so that it became much clearer and more succinct. This took the form of general research and the creation of a detailed debrief on me. Their primary goals were to aim this message to my target audience and to use the best means possible to do so.

Once we had identified that audience and those channels, they created content to communicate directly with those people. The content took a variety of different forms, including blog posts, white papers, articles, presentations, and SlideShares—anything that we all felt spoke directly to people involved in my industry. Once they had created content and buzz, they did outreach and PR to present me me as an expert in the industry, including getting me placed in some great national press pieces.

I believe I worked with three people overall. At the beginning, I worked very closely with Lauren Fairbanks (Partner and CEO, S&G Content Marketing), who is one of the company’s principals. She got to know me best in the beginning and was instrumental in helping me strategize and shape my message. Along with some of the later content creation, I worked with Alex Mouravskiy (Creative Director, S&G Content Marketing) and Tim Torres (Content Editor, S&G Content Marketing) on some general housekeeping and strategy regarding the work itself.

How did you come to work with S&G Content Marketing?

A European partner recommended Lauren to me. When we first met, I knew that she was somebody who possessed skills that I had not even realized I needed.

We spent around $60,000 on the retainer for S&G’s services, and another $10,000 or $15,000 in project work.

We began working together around March of 2017. I still work with them on a per-project basis, but the actual work regarding my own business concluded around December of that year when we did a little push for PR outreach with retail predictions for 2018.

Because our work together was more about building my business up, I do not have the typical metrics one might prefer for this kind of question regarding my industry. However, I was very excited by the number of placements I got through S&G’s efforts to help build up my voice as an authoritative one in my field, which was one of the major objectives of our partnership. These placements were not just in industry-specific publications, which can be easier to achieve, and included various great national publications.

If I take on a client who needs a content strategy or a marketing component of their market strategy to be translated with a U.S. perspective or voice, I will often introduce them to Lauren. Referring them to my clients is probably the biggest vote of confidence I could give another provider. My clients are my livelihood, and I only refer to them people next to whom I feel confident putting my name.

How did S&G Content Marketing perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management was very good and is continuing to improve. One of the most difficult things to overcome as a growing company is to maintain the uniqueness of what you are offering without it becoming diluted by additional staff. S&G’s staff numbers grew quite a bit during my time working with them, but they have done a great job of making sure that I always felt like I was an important client. I always had great touch-time with one of their principles and I never felt like I lost my ability to work with them directly.

There was a lot of give and take during our working relationship, and S&G consistently made sure that I held myself accountable. In order for them to write appropriate content, I had to be diligent about helping them understand my business and myself. I appreciated how good they were about checking in with me and reminding me of deadlines, because I’m busy and I wanted to stay on target as much as they did.

Their ability to understand my industry really made them stand out from the competition. A client who is in a very different field did our initial introduction, so I was skeptical that there would be any professional synergy between myself and S&G. Once we actually met, however, I was very impressed by how quickly they broke down what I was doing, applied their formula to it, and helped me understand how they could help my business grow. They were on target with their deliverables, which needed very few edits overall, and they kept to their schedule.

A lot of people in my field feel a need for digital marketing and social media strategy, but no one quite knows how to pin down exactly what that entails. The spectrum of what’s available for a product offering is so vast that I did not know where to start. When I met Lauren, she had a great bird’s eye view of how best to crystallize what exactly was the most appropriate for my business. I was very happy to find a company with whom I could develop a great relationship. S&G gave me a little bit of everything for which I was looking. When we met our objectives, they did not try to have me stay on beyond suggesting that I stay in touch for whenever I might be ready to move on to the next new strategy, which I also appreciated.

my industry, I think that there is a lot of confusion about what is content, social media, digital strategy, and related terms. Whenever I talk to my colleagues, everyone still seems baffled about what all of the above is, despite many companies having implemented new roles like “Director of Digital Strategy.” I suggested to S&G that they do a little more self promotion and begin educating people on this topic, what they offer as a company, and why the subject is both different and important.

Overall Score They did a great job.
    They were great about staying on target
    I am very satisfied with the cost.
    I was always satisfied as there was never a late deliverable.
    I refer them not only to friends and colleagues, but also to clients.

White Paper Development for Metals Company

"This was not a fluff piece by any stretch of the imagination."

Jan. 2015 - Oct. 2015

S&G Content Marketing wrote and distributed a white-paper to promote a new mobile app launch. The team steered away from industry-standard technology focused content and focused on the app's benefit to users.

Mount Holly, South Carolina
Communications Manager, Metals

The white paper was extremely well received and added value to the target audience, and S&G secured coverage on Forbes. The team performed excellently in project management, meeting very high expectations. They immersed themselves in the industry to create thorough, successful project.

I'm the communications director at a manufacturer of flat-rolled aluminum products.

What challenge were you trying to address with S&G?

We were launching a new mobile app that would give our customers access to getting quotes on their orders within seconds on their phone. It was taking a process that used to take hours, sometimes even days, and allowing customers to self-serve on the mobile app and get a quote in a matter of minutes. We were trying to build awareness around the app with existing customers, and the value that we were bringing to them.

Lauren came in and interviewed several of our internal stakeholders to learn about the company. We also took her on a plant tour. She immersed herself in our business and created a white paper. One of the things that really impressed me about S&G was their out-of-the-box thinking when it came to the white paper.

A knee-jerk reaction would be to do a white paper on technology and mobile applications. Lauren steered us away from that because it was so common and not something that would get to the problem that we were solving for customers. Her white paper was based more on supply chain and some of the challenges, talking about how the app puts the power in the customer's hands. It was an interesting and effective approach. They strategically distributed the white paper to different media outlets and got coverage for us.

How did you come to work with S&G?

Lauren reached out on Facebook. She was local to the area at the time, and I really adored their agency's name, so I started the conversation from there. I didn't seek out or interview any other social media companies at the time. I don't feel like the ones that I had spoken to in the past had the same strategic chops or B2B experience that S&G does.

We've spent less than $10,000 with them.

We worked with them from January 2015 to October 2015.

S&G got us covered on a division of Forbes.com, and that was very powerful for us. All the feedback that we had on the white paper was very positive and that it was a valuable resource of information. That's something that I really wanted. My fear with other companies was that it was going to be full of content that was more inwardly focused about the company and not of value to the reader. S&G is very adamant about making sure that the content is valuable to the target audience.

How did S&G perform from a project management standpoint?

I've been in marketing communications my entire career going on 30 years. I've been on both sides of the fence, both client-side and agency services-side. I set a very high bar for my vendors because I expect to be serviced the same way I would serve a client. Lauren and the team at S&G are excellent.

I appreciated their strategic chops and the B2B experience. This was not a fluff piece by any stretch of the imagination. This was not a flash in the pan.

Lauren spent a lot of time learning about the company and our business, she was able to take that and very quickly on her own, and understood on a macro level the entire landscape of the industry, which isn't easy to understand when you're coming in without any experience in it. She took the micro and macro approach and immersed herself in our business to create solid content for our customers.

I'm sorry that I didn't have a chance to work with them more because of my budget limitations. I would like to have had the chance to experience their full suite of services.

There was never an incident where we weren't on or ahead of schedule.
    I don't have a big budget to work with, so I was very fortunate to have this caliber of expertise.
    They provided very comprehensive and valuable content with a deep understanding of the business.

Public Relations for Film Festival

"The quality of service is incredible."

Jan - Nov. 2017

S&G Content Marketing provides public relations support for twice-annual events. The team focuses on national event coverage, celebrity appearances, radio interviews, and TV coverage.

Miami, Florida
Victor Gimenez
Executive Director, OUTshine Film Festival

For both events so far, S&G secured coverage in multiple national publications and partnered with another organization to pay for much of the coverage. The team provides a new perspective rather than more of the same, and they consistently deliver high-caliber work.

OUTshine Film Festival does 2 film festivals per year. We’re an LGBTQ festival. I’m executive director. We have 3 full-time staff, but during each festival, we ramp up with a temporary staff.

What challenge were you trying to address with S&G?

We had to expand our regular base of media contacts that we were traditionally getting from our previous public relations company. We needed a little more national coverage.

S&G provided standard PR service, focusing primarily on national coverage. They provided contacts by bringing more celebrities into the festival, and they had national press come in for both of our events.

S&G was also able to get the Visitor Convention Bureaus of both Miami-Dade County and Broward County to pay for the media to come in. At no expense to the festival, we had really good media coverage for the entire length of both festivals. That was a bonus. They brought us additional video coverage, more radio interviews in the local market, and some additional TV interviews we didn't have before. We had a broader reach into another demographic on college campuses as well.

They also helped bring in a smaller financial sponsor during our Fort Lauderdale festival.

How did you come to work with S&G?

They were recommended to me from a colleague who knows Lauren [Founder, S&G Content Marketing] well. We were in the process of interviewing several PR companies, and S&G was 1 of 3 finalists. We really connected. The package they were offering was the best for what we were looking for. Everyone else was more of the “same old same old” that we had already experienced. S&G had a nice, fresher take on things that definitely paid off.

We paid $2,000 per month out of pocket and $3,500 in kind. The total value of the engagement was $5,500 per month that we worked together.

We started working together in January 2017, and the work is ongoing. For our Miami Festival, it was completed at the end of May 2017. They started again in August 2017 for Fort Lauderdale and they’re ongoing until the rest of the year.

We gained national media coverage in national publications, and that has helped get the word out there about our festivals. Thanks to S&G, we had Gloria and Emilio Estefan at our festival to present awards in Miami. We had Tommy Dorfman during our Fort Lauderdale festival. We had an increase in caliber of talent that we haven’t had in years. We have the actual national coverage in The Advocate, Out Traveler, as well as other syndicated LGBT publications that we haven’t had in years, besides the typical coverage that we traditionally had locally.

How did S&G perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very good. Lauren [Founder, S&G Content Marketing] is on top of everything. She’s quick to reply to emails. She always has good ideas. She’s an overall team player. When she takes ownership of something, you don’t have to worry about it.

S&G is a fresh pair of eyes rather than someone saying, “This is the way we’ve always done it.” I love their “go-getter” attitude. I would never have thought that the Visitor Convention Bureaus would have paid for the press that came in. They were able to get them to flip the bill for them to come into town. That was above and beyond.

Any advice for someone considering working with S&G?

They’re definitely worth it. Engage them as early as you possibly can because they start working from the get-go. Some things do take time to come to fruition. The more time they have, the better results you’re going to get. Don’t bring them on a month before an event. If you can, bring them on 3-4 months before because it’ll pay off in the longer term.

Overall Score They’ve been a pleasure to work with. I hope to be working with them for many years to come.
    They met every deadline we’ve had for them.
    Compared to what we were paying before and what we got, they are very worth the money.
    The quality of service is incredible. The deliverables are really good. They had a slight learning curve, but I’m sure next year I’ll give them a 5.
    I’ve referred them already.

Content Marketing and Retail Conversion Optimization For Retailer

"Our numbers have gone up quite a bit since we started partnering with Stunt & Gimmicks. I would say there’s a 40 percent increase in gross quantity sold just from the website."

Stunt & Gimmicks provided a range of digital marketing services, including content creation for blogs and social media, formulation of a Google Ads campaign, and responsive web design.

Charleston, South Carolina
Financial Officer, Online Retailer

Since implementation of the new tools and strategies, sales have increased by 40 percent. Stunt & Gimmicks' customer-focused attitude, dependable availability, and digital marketing expertise are now integral to company operation.

We’re a children’s clothing company that sells online to customers across the southeast predominantly. We have trunk shows where our sales reps sell using our website.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the financial officer. I’m doing the books and I help with shipment management.

What was your goal for working with Stunt & Gimmicks?

We needed to create a website that was responsive and we needed help with social media, content creation, and our Google Ads campaign.

We’ve partnered with Stunt & Gimmicks for quite a few tasks. They helped with our website to make it possible to use no matter what device was being used. We also used them to up our game in social media with Facebook and Pinterest. The list goes on and on and includes blogs and having freelance writers write for us.

What was your process for selecting Stunt & Gimmicks with which to work?

They work in our neighborhood right near where our warehouse is located. We saw them at an event and starting talking there. I wouldn’t say we were really in the market at the time, but were really impressed by what they had to say.

When was the work completed?

It’s ongoing work.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

Is there anything unique or special about Stunt & Gimmicks that really makes them stand out compared to other online marketing companies?

They make the effort to be available always.

Not really. We are new to social media and it would be nice to have a shared online calendar so we know when they’re going to post events.