Creative Solutions. Serious Results

Seriously Creative was created first and foremost to provide web design and online services for businesses. The foundation of Seriously Creative is built on years of experience in various industries and a deep desire to aid our clients in expanding their business through technology and creativity.

With offices in Victoria and Vancouver, British Columbia, we work with businesses both locally and around the globe. Our award winning graphic designers, marketing specialists, and web developers enjoy the West Coast lifestyle while developing exciting and measurable social media and web development projects.

Seriously Creative is a proud recipient of the WestShore Chamber of Commerce’s Best Tech\IT company two years in a row.

2007
Seriously Creative
1500 West Georgia, Suite 1300
Vancouver, BC V6G 2Z6

When it comes to marketing we work with all types of businesses, especially ones that are looking to really target Social Media customers.

Hotels, Restaurants & Shopping Malls have become areas that we are able to support well as they can take advantage of all our services having us become their in house marketing team.

Web Development and Digital Marketing for a Digital Media Company

2012 - Ongoing

Within four years of an ongoing engagement, Seriously Creative has built six complex WordPress platforms with dozens of extensions. Multiple social media campaigns included content on Facebook and Twitter.

British Columbia, Canada
John Juricic
Owner, Harbour Digital Media

Seriously Creative’s ongoing support, consulting, and sophisticated deliverables hold an immense value that such affordable prices inadequately reflect. The team’s combination of business and development proficiency and personable, accessible communication is a rare attribute in the tech field.

I'm the owner of Harbour Digital Media, a group of 12 business consulting professionals. We work with manufacturing companies across several industries in British Columbia. Our learning and training solutions help businesses improve their efficiency and productivity. I'm a serial entrepreneur, having bought and sold companies since the mid 1990's. Much of my work was based in the Southeast U.S., especially Florida. I became deeply involved in technology while I owned an e-learning company from 1999 to 2011. This experience taught me how technology can facilitate and improve a company’s communication strategy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Seriously Creative?

We needed a development team to create multiple websites and generate social media campaigns. Seriously Creative is knowledgeable about both business strategy and software development. That combination of skill sets is a rare attribute for web design and digital communications providers. Before even mentioning specific technology, they cultivated a thorough understanding of my primary business challenge. After we conducted a goal-setting process, they formulated a strategy to achieve those objectives. It was fantastic that they took such an initiative.

Seriously Creative built our tech solution around a strategic framework of business objectives. I was consistently involved to prevent the technology from being built in isolation of the solution. They hosted our site on WordPress and integrated a dozen additional apps. We specifically requested they use that platform. I take an active role in content management and have found it works best for our purposes. Once the first draft was complete, I provided input to help them maneuver the product towards its final iteration.

Most of my clientele is based in the manufacturing sector and hold an old-school mentality of social media. Believe it or not, many of their companies don't use Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. We limited our campaign to appealing photos and videos showcased on those three basic platforms. Using additional channels didn't seem like the best ROI for our work with these clients. We held a one-day conference and series of online daily forums to facilitate topical discussions about the manufacturing industry. I usually write copy for Seriously Creative to post on our blogs and social media channels. They focus on the "virtualization" process and have crafted visuals like graphics, pictures, and videos that showcase our branded content.

Kelly (Owner, Seriously Creative) was my main point of contact. I also worked with Brianna (Marketing Manager, Seriously Creative).

How did you come to work with Seriously Creative?

We actively sought to outsource all tech-related work. I found Seriously Creative in an online directory of relevant providers. During our interview, Kelly (Owner, Seriously Creative) impressed me with his insightful business perspective and adept social skills. Our previous vendor has been a complete and utter disaster. I've worked in this field for quite a while, and it's hard to find business-savvy developers. I hired them shortly after our first meeting.

I’ve paid a total of $25,000 for their services. That figure really doesn't accurately reflect the scope of their work, because that price would have been drastically higher 10 years ago. They've built six sophisticated websites and conducted multiple social media campaigns.

It doesn't seem fair to base the value of their work on the dollar amount I paid. Spending $25,000 where we’re based in Canada is vastly different than $25,000 worth of development work in D.C. or Florida. It's a small business pricing model.

We started working together in Spring 2012. Our engagement is ongoing, and I regularly refer clients to them.

My business is exclusively relationship-based, so our websites are informational rather than for e-commerce. I constantly use Seriously Creative’s deliverables to bolster my client relationships. The nature of my clientele makes it hard to provide substantial metrics on our partnership’s success. Since they rarely use digital technology, they might not consider the new sites beneficial. At every given opportunity, I encourage them to use these digital assets, which include blogs, pictures, and videos.

All six sites they’ve built for us were far more challenging to create than a basic WordPress platform. Most recently, they developed a new site for a collaborative learning association. The team integrated multiple social media profiles and about a dozen complex add-ons. Related communication functions include forums, memberships, and two kinds of blogging specifically tailored to content and events. Most importantly, it has cross-platform and cross-hardware functionality. It’s very tricky to make a site look exactly the same on a large desktop screen, laptop, or mobile phone. On top of all that, I can edit content myself.

How did Seriously Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a great job. Project management with digital assets usually hinges on a vendor’s ability to comprehend their client’s needs. Most of my requests are very easy for them to execute, but they’ve never responded in a way that felt rude, arrogant, or condescending. I consistently feel listened to and understood. Their communication style is easy to follow and makes me feel good. That’s a hugely important and rare skill.

They consistently strive to move the project forward based on my preferences. They might use project management tools internally, but I don't work that way. I prefer speaking through phone calls and email.

When choosing from 1,000 comparable web developers, I always select the team who interacts most positively with me. The one word or phrase that best describes Seriously Creative wouldn't be related to digital tech. They're highly skilled developers, but plenty of local vendors offer comparable work. All things being equal, their customer service and knowledge of the business process distinguish them from the pack.

They have a wide variety of skills, and they're aware of that fact. As they become a major digital communications agency in North America, which they clearly will, they should continue focusing on their areas of expertise, rather than providing countless new services. Digital communication encompasses an exhaustive range of potential service offerings.

When they gain more traction, it might be challenging for Seriously Creative to stay within a narrow range of specialization. That's an easily identifiable value proposition for a business.

I would advise any client who works with a digital company to formulate a somewhat detailed understanding of their ultimate goals. Vaguely requesting something like “a better digital presence” will not serve you well. Even if it’s drawn on a napkin, having a clearly defined objective is critical. Comprehensive guidelines help teams like Seriously Creative create better quality products.

Overall Score I've worked with many comparable vendors over my lifetime, but my enthusiasm for them is genuine.
    As they grow, they need to manage increased responsibility. It feels like everyone discovered my favorite restaurant and slowed down the service.
    They honestly need to charge more.
    I do so all the time. That's a five plus.

Web Design for a Family Care Provider

“The map they developed for our website is an invaluable tool for our customer base.”

2014 - Ongoing

Seriously Creative developed an online mapping tool using PHP that lists over 1,200 searchable businesses. They also integrated a payment platform and continue to work on site upkeep.

Victoria, British Columbia
Erik Deutscher
President, Generations

Seriously Creative's team provides high-quality web development services at an affordable price. They created an effective and reliable mapping tool for our website, while consistently meeting deadlines and communicating well with our team. Our relationship continues to strengthen each year.

I'm the president of Generations Family Care Finder, a service that helps individuals, families, and employers find care (e.g., doctors, dentists, home support, etc.).

What challenge were you trying to address with Seriously Creative?

Originally, I'd been manually maintaining lists of service providers within a given area. In order to reach a larger audience, and empower customers to search for service providers based on their needs, I wanted to build a mapping tool for our website. The tool would allow users to search by provider type and location, pulling up information and relevant links for various businesses.

Seriously Creative commissioned the entire mapping project for our website, using PHP. I provided the basic guidelines on how I wanted the interface to look, and they built the map from scratch. They also integrated a payment system, using Stripe.

They continue to update and maintain the mapping tool as we add providers to our network.

I primarily communicate with Kelly Darwin (Director of Accounts, Seriously Creative), but a handful of resources work on our website behind scenes, including a lead programmer.

How did you come to work with Seriously Creative?

We've been working together so long that I honestly don't remember.

We've invested over $50,000 thus far, with more projects to come.

We've been working with Seriously Creative for about five years. They continue to do upkeep and quality assurance work for the website, and we're about to start some more projects with them.

The map they developed for our website is an invaluable tool for our customer base, which includes over 1,200 business entries thus far. We haven't had any issues with loading times or received negative feedback from users. It's also a great tool for businesses, who can access information on their page's performance and include links to their social media accounts.

How did Seriously Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

For a constantly expanding system like ours, Seriously Creative's team has been great about consistently meeting deadlines and staying within our budget.

They've been receptive to feedback and easy to communicate with through email, phone, and in regular meetings. Our relationship continues to strengthen each year.

They provide high-quality work for a reasonable price.

No. Although, I'm sure they could use a bigger office considering how much they've grown.

Make sure you've got everything well documented on what you want to do; provide them with more than just basic sketches if possible. Sit down in-person and have their team put together something on the screen before they go into production.