High quality in Web and Mobile Development

Since 2003, we have served as a web and mobile development team to hundreds of companies all over the world, being repeatedly recognized for developing innovative solutions.

We are responsible for full lifecycle development of next-generation software, from initial requirement gathering to design, coding, testing, documentation and implementation, merging business and user needs into high-quality, cost-effective solutions while keeping within budgetary constraints.

We also known the importance of an effective communication. As we are in Argentina, we have a similar timezone with America and Western Europe, allowing us to take advantages of phone calls and video-conferences to be sure that we are always on the same page on every step we take.

Our technical expertise includes fluency on any free and open source software based on PHP and Javascript; advance knowledge on Front-End development (XML, JSON, JavaScript, DHTML, AngularJS, jQuery, AJAX, SASS/LESS, Bootstrap), Back-End development (PHP MVC Frameworks: CakePHP, Laravel, Symfony2, Yii, CodeIgniter; Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, CoachDB; CMS: Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal; E-Commerce: Magento, WooCommerce) and Mobile development (Android / iOS, Phonegap / Cordoba, Ionic Framework, SQLlite, LocalStorage); and proficiency on developer applications, tools, methodologies and best practices (including Scrum, client/server architecture and self-test automation).

Our experience developing user-friendly solutions on time and on budget would enable us to bring value to your business. We look forward to working together in good harmony with mutual benefits! Hope to hear from you soon.

2003
Santo Tome, Argentina

OpenAvenue.com, RainyDay.org, Convey.com, MyPerfectColor.com, WescoTurf.com, Bluejacketeer.com, ThePrintCoach.com, GleanSpot.com, Biedlers-Belts.com, IATaskfFrce.org, DidasResearch.com, JanMichaels.com

Multiple Developments for Real Estate Photography & Video Firm

“Serfe put all the pieces of our complex software together so it runs seamlessly.”

2015 - Ongoing

Working within a complex Laravel framework, Serfe programmed an automated system in Angular.js. The site links with an offshore photo editing team. It includes Amazon S3 image storage and a Vimeo plug-in.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Founder, HomeJab

Serfe’s automated system maximizes business growth by saving time and resources on manual post-production tasks. The team skillfully coded intricate digital products using complex technology. Custom internal tools and a sound philosophy set them apart from comparable vendors.

HomeJab is a real estate media and production company that offers photography, video, 3-D tours, and aerial drone shots. We produce content for real estate agents like property pages, materials, and download links.

What challenge were you trying to address with Serfe?

We were building an automated system that schedules, processes, and delivers orders after they're edited. When we first started working with Serfe, our main goal was to integrate our site with our editing partner that is based in Vietnam.

Serfe set up a basic API that populates photo and video files on our site once our editing partner completes tasks. After creating a property page, the system automatically delivers the final content to our customers without requiring manual intervention. They programmed our product in Angular.js on a Laravel framework. The platform is cloud hosted on DigitalOcean. Features include a Vimeo video player and Amazon S3 photo storage.

We had one main point of contact who worked with a team of 3-4 engineers during development. For our current maintenance and upgrade needs, 1-2 resources are involved with our project.

How did you come to work with Serfe?

I posted our project on UpWork and received responses from several teams. Serfe sent a specific price quote and detailed memo that overviewed their philosophy on how to program and work as a team. This thorough description of how they operate set them apart from comparable vendors who contacted me.

We initially spent $20,000–$30,000. At this point, we've probably invested over $100,000 in total.

We started working together at the end of 2015. Our project has been ongoing for more than two years now. Serfe has stayed on to maintain the system and add additional features.

Serfe built products that gave us the critical ability to automate most of our post-production process. It’s rarely been offline, and they quickly mitigated a security issue that arose.  Creating an automated system allows us to scale up our operation and do higher volume work to increase sales. We wouldn't be able to grow if we had to deliver everything manually and take care of the systems' functionalities ourselves.

How did Serfe perform from a project management standpoint?

Serfe has their own custom support ticket system that's comparable to email. It's very easy to get in touch with them. This tool allows us to follow progress and the dialogue. It organizes the project and lets us easily bring other points of contact into specific conversations. We've never had any issues with communication. Their entire methodology works very well for our needs.

They delivered our request for a relatively complicated system that’s intuitive to use. The team even built many additional functions after the initial project ended. Serfe put all the pieces of our complex software together so it runs smoothly. Working with them has been a very good experience overall.

More testing on their end before launching a new function would have been helpful and saved time. At times, having to do that myself was time-consuming, and there were some obvious bugs.

They're priced very reasonably.
    There's always going to be bugs in a product, but some obvious ones should have been taken care of during the testing.
    I've already referred them to one of my best friends.

Web Dev for Personalized Countdown App Company

“[Serfe is] quick to respond, and when something is done, it’s done correctly.”

2015 - Ongoing

Serfe assisted in building out and testing the backend of a web-based countdown application using CodeIgniter. They remain engaged, developing, testing, and implementing new functionalities.

North Carolina
Joanie Hickey
Owner, Creative Countdown

Serfe consistently produces high-quality work and are willing to admit when they are unsure about expectations. They communicate their concerns effectively, then act quickly and appropriately upon answers to their questions. Their QA capabilities are top-rate, which helps the app to run smoothly.

I am the co-owner of Creative Countdown, based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. We are an online site that creates custom countdowns.

What challenge were you trying to address with Serfe?

Our site is built with CodeIgniter. Serfe played a key role in the backend, with the application part of the programming.

If someone comes to our site with a specific event they’re counting down to, it will calculate their event date and put the dates in. They can put entries on each page and pick a design. It’s a builder app that allows the user to create a printed countdown at the end and they put the order in.

We’ve been working with Serfe for maybe two or three years and in that time, we’ve been constantly improving and adding features and details to our app.

Testing is a big part of what they do. They make sure that everything is correct before they put it up.

Right now, we toggle between two different developers that are familiar with our project. It depends on who is available because we’re not consistent in the workload and we’re not on a retainer for 20 hours or one person. One month, we may have a lot to do and the next month, we don’t.

How did you come to work with Serfe?

I came across Serfe through Elance (now Upwork), and that’s still how we work with them. We knew that we needed someone familiar with CodeIgniter and we talked to a few people. The time difference wasn’t that much, which was good. Their communication and English fluency is good as well. That made everything a little easier.

They’re also good at what they do and get it right the first time. That’s my big thing: Either do it right or don’t do it. I can’t stand having to go back through and QA and test.

Maybe $15,000–$20,000.

We started working together in 2015, and the engagement is ongoing.

The app is functioning more smoothly. I know this because I have a lot fewer clients emailing me that something wasn’t submitted, there was an error, there’s this, there’s that. Before Serfe came in, we had constant issues, and with new things coming out, there’s always going to be that one little thing or tweaks that we need.

How did Serfe perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been really good. They’re quick to respond, and when something is done, it’s done correctly. Their estimates are right on, so they don’t go over. We’ve been really happy. They’re very easy to work with.

Everything has been through email, and they’re quick to respond with any issues. When I submit an issue that’s come up or if customers suggest a change, they’re quick to make those edits and get back to me. There’s a tracking system they use through which we submit tasks. You can see whether they’re pending or in progress.

We’ve been through some other developers and it hasn’t been as successful. We’ve been really happy with them.

They’re meticulous. There have been a minimal number of issues after they’ve posted something.

Also, they aren’t afraid to ask me if something, some detail is confusing to them. Instead of posting something that they think is right to see whether it works, they confirm everything. That goes back to communicating what they’re doing, making sure that’s okay, and telling me how long that’s going to take.

No, I don’t have any complaints.

If I say something is urgent, they will do it immediately; if they can’t, they let me know. They’re on time with what they say they’re going to do.
    I’ve been very happy.
    They QA what they put up. It’s right. If they don’t understand one of the questions or requests, they will check before doing anything.

Web Dev for Electric Motor Repair & Retail Company

"They communicate effectively and the work that they do is well done."

2014 - Ongoing

Serfe was selected for their expertise in Magento and provides ongoing web development, including upgrades to websites and server setup and support.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
Owner, Biedler’s Electric Motor Repair

Through Serfe’s highly structured process, they’re capable of developing in a smart way and can perform updates without causing any downtime on the 2 sites they’ve been working on. Despite occasional timeline slips, they have an efficient project management system in place that moves work along.

I’m the business analyst officer at Biedler’s Electric Motor Repair. We’re a combination of repair, retail, and wholesale.

What challenge were you trying to address with Serfe?

We needed help with our online website, primarily selling industrial belts and hydraulic hoses.

We were using Magento as a platform and they provided server setup support. We did some upgrades on the first website and later on added the second website and continued doing upgrades and tweaking things.

I’ve worked with 4 different developers depending on their specialty, their level of expertise, or the specific needs of the project.

How did you come to work with Serfe?

We had someone local when we were starting our first website, and they got it setup and going but their level of expertise with the Magento platform was limited. I was looking for a Magento expert and I tried a couple of developers in India but wasn’t thrilled with the quality and the cost that goes with that, plus the amount of effort needed to manage it.

I started looking at reviews for Magento developers on E-lance and found Serf and started working with them.

We have invested several tens of thousands over the course of the project.

We started working together 3 or 4 years ago and it’s an ongoing relationship.

The process that they use is very robust, which really stands out to me. In the case of other developers, some of them didn’t work with a development version and a live version setup for checking on errors before a live site update. Serfe is very structured in their process, demonstrating what they develop and then transferring it to production.

They’ve also done a very good job of not having downtime on the live site while making some substantial changes.

How did Serfe perform from a project management standpoint?

Compared to other developers I’ve used, Serfe’s project tracking system is the best that I’ve seen. They have a project management system built into their website that lists the project and the tasks that they’re working on with estimated hours, and their progress on each; you can even add notes and upload files. It really helps to know the status of the project and its individual tasks.

They’re also good at meeting deadlines and I haven’t had any significant communication issues; they’re able to understand what I’m trying to accomplish. I wouldn’t necessarily want them writing content for the website, though.​

​​​​​​What did you find most impressive about them?

The biggest thing is that they are building our website in such a way that it won’t get broken. We’re moving forward and they’re using good review processes and error checking so that when something goes live, it works and doesn’t crash the site.

I’ve been pretty pleased with them.

Overall Score I am very happy with them.
    They meet the timelines, in general, but there’s some slippage. However, most of what I’ve been working on hasn’t been urgent. They’ve been very punctual for security updates and such, but things will slip a bit with some of the other development pieces.
    They follow their estimates well and they’re definitely much cheaper compared to the cost of development work in the U.S.
    They communicate effectively and the work that they do is well done.
    If I knew somebody who needed their type of service, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.

Web & App Dev for e-Learning Platform

"Their communications were one of the best that I’ve come across in this type of development."

2015 - Ongoing

Serfe developed a spaced repetition algorithm, an e-learning website, and mobile apps which customize and improve the learning experience of thousands of students preparing for NAVY advancement exam.

Spring Valley, California
CEO, E-Learning Platform

The team's communications stood out throughout the project and they proved to have great backend as well as frontend resources. Customers had positive feedback on website's user experience.

Introduce your business and what you do there

I’m the founder and co-owner of an educational website. This website is used by people preparing for the NAVY advancement exam. It includes a spaced repetition algorithm which predicts when the students will probably forget information that they’re attempting to learn so that it can present that information again to them. This customizes the learning experience for the students.

What challenge were you trying to address with Serfe?

We were trying to figure out the spaced repetition algorithm and how it would work best. They turned it into an actual algorithm in the website. It was a very difficult problem to accomplish. They took this from our very first MVP to a website that serves thousands of sailors.

They used PHP, Javascript, PhoneGap. They built our iPhone and Android apps that synchronize to the website through the API.

Between 5 and 10 from my perspective, over the years.

How did you come to work with Serfe?

I chose them because they’re in the same timezone and have a stellar reputation. I found them through a freelancing site. They seemed like the best choice for us and I reached out to them.

[Confidential]

We started in 2015 and it’s an ongoing collaboration.

This work resulted in a fully functioning website. A lot of people are happy with the user experience and customers are satisfied. We got to this point thanks to Serfe. We’ve been able to grow the website a lot. Having them on our team to add features and change the website as needed has been very useful to us.

How did Serfe perform from a project management standpoint?

Everything was done via project management tool or tracker and we’ve worked with a few development teams. Their communications were one of the best that I’ve come across in this type of development.

What did you find most impressive about Serfe?

Sebastian is an amazing programmer. They took our specifications and turned it into the website exactly how I had specified. I’ve worked with other people and I could see the stark difference between what they were able to provide. They have good resources for the backend, as well as the frontend.

Are there any areas Serfe could improve?

There’s some area for improvement in their voice-to-voice communications.

Web Dev for Spanish Language Online Education Platform

"They have resources that are really smart and can provide good options."

2015 - Ongoing

Serfe was hired to redevelop a Spanish language educational website using Wordpress with heavy customizations and HTML.

Washington, DC
Founder, Study Languages LLC

The website's overall quality, speed, and code improved significantly. They were really good at not just developing but also analyzing the situation and providing options or recommendations. Project management and communications were some additional key strengths.

The business is StudySpanish.com. It is an online resource for learning Spanish.

What challenge were you trying to address with Serfe?

The original site was almost entirely CGI-based. It is a big challenge to find somebody who understands this technology.

They looked at the original site, thought about the options based on functionalities that we were interested in and ended up recommending Wordpress with some heavy customizations.

How did you come to work with Serfe?

It's hard to find resources, especially if you are not a big player that can offer huge amounts of money for developers in the US. I was looking at Elance and I knew there were good developers in Europe and SouthAmerica. Based on reviews, I found they [Serfe] had a really high success rate. Knowing they speak Spanish was a big plus too. I narrowed it down to them being my first choice and luckily they were available.

How much have you invested with Serfe?

Probably around $150K at this point. For comparison reasons, you could probably multiply that by 5 times if were developed in the U.S.

We started working in 2015 and it's an ongoing collaboration.

The quality of the website is a lot better. The speed is great and the quality of code and HTML is really good. They're really good at not just developing but also analyzing. It's been helpful to have them look at things when I'm trying to accomplish something. They have resources that are really smart and can provide good options.

Users like the website a lot. I've had good feedback from people saying they like the layout. Across the board users have been happy with it and this is exactly what we were looking for.

How did Serfe perform from a project management standpoint?

They are really communicative. That was one of the concerns, not only language difference. I do speak Spanish, but the other concern was just distance and the lack of proximity, but they are extremely good at that. They have a kind of forum they use so you can communicate, create tickets and collaborate there in addition to email, Skype calls and the like. But I never felt like I couldn't reach somebody. Every time I reached out to them during working hours I got a response. They know this is really important and they're good at it.

I never regretted it. I was concerned at the beginning, because I do work in IT and I'm an IT director here in the D.C. area, and I know how projects can go. It was never an issue with them.

What did you find most impressive about Serfe?

I think everything was done really well. I liked their development methodology. It's somewhat like Scrum. They create iterations, figure out what they are going to do and then build it.  You can see that rolled out while they work on the next set of things, even while you are in production.

They had a nice test and production environment. They helped us figure out where to host it and roll it out. They do a good job of knowing how to work on things and how to have the right methodologies in this kind of project.

Are there any areas Serfe could improve?

The only thing that might have been a challenge is that collaborating by email or communicating when my Spanish wasn't great or when one of their developers' English wasn't great, but language barriers were there but it was only with one individual really.

I don't think anything went beyond expectations.
    You are getting high end resources for a price you cannot find in other parts of the world.
    Good customer service. They make you feel like you're not being ignored, they ask for advice, opinions. They come up with options and let you choose. That's an important ability to have.

Web Platform Development for Paint Products Company

"They’re good people. They’re thoughtful and do good work. I’m happy with Serfe."

2008 - Ongoing

Serfe helped redevelop a custom e-commerce platform using HMTL, PHP, Apache Solr, and MySQL. They assisted through the entirety of the project, from design and development to testing and deployment.

Jason Shaw
CEO, MyPerfectColor.com

Serfe takes ownership of all their projects and consistently delivers great results. They’ve never been late or over budget, and are honest and upfront in communication. They’ve helped solve numerous issues over the years, and are overall forward thinking, responsive, and good people to work with.

I am the owner of MyPerfectColor.com, which was created in 2003 and is the first website of its kind. It offers color matches of over 130,000 colors across 100+ paint brands, and even enables you to choose lighter or darker versions of any color. Every color is available in a huge selection of paint types, including pint-sized paint sample mini-cans, aerosol spray cans, gallons, quarts, and 5-gallon pails of any finish of Benjamin Moore paint.

What challenge were you trying to address with Serfe?

We needed to develop an e-commerce platform that could help us sell paint online. The first version of MyPerfectColor.com was implemented on Volusion.com, but this platform didn’t have all the features needed, and the developers we were using weren’t doing a good job.

Serfe developed our e-commerce platform using HTML, PHP, [Apache] Solr, and MySQL. I am not sure how many developers were used, but I estimate 3-4. There have been many resources used over the years. They helped us define the requirements, design, develop, test, project manage, and deploy the custom site.

How did you come to work with Serfe?

At the time, I found Serfe through Elance [Upwork]. They built some small HTML widgets for us in the beginning, and I was happy with their work.

How much have you invested with Serfe?

The cost of their work for this project was between $50,000 and $100,000.

We started working with Serfe in 2008. The current project started in February 2011, and is ongoing.

I’ve always been happy with Serfe. I’m not looking for any other developers. They’ve been amazing to work with. Since 2008, they have handled numerous large and complex projects for us. They do great work; they’re honest and upfront when dealing with issues, and they stand behind the quality of their work.

How did Serfe perform from a project management standpoint?

They are using a custom tracker developed by the company. It’s a robust tool for communicating online, and it works well. They complete the work on time, within budget, and they meet expectations. You are crazy not to hire Serfe for your project.

What did you find most impressive about Serfe?

They’re good people. They’re thoughtful and do good work. I’m happy with Serfe.

Are there any areas Serfe could improve?

No. I used to work at Amazon.com where I managed a team of developers. Communicating specific features is always a challenge, and unexpected things come up, but Serfe has been responsive, and they’ve addressed issues right away. They’re forward-thinking and generally good people.