Think Beyond Time

Serengeti Bytes, based in Tanzania is a full-service Communications, Public Relations, and Digital agency dedicated to maximizing the reach and power of earned media for brands and businesses.

Through Human-Centered Design and other approaches, Serengeti Bytes is specialized in developing tailored solutions for businesses in Public Relations, Communications, Digital Media and Marketing. It also supports clients with mobile and website solutions, social media management, videography, photography and strategy development and execution.

2018
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

The government, non-government organizations and the private sector

Web Dev & Digital Strategy for Women's Leadership Organization

“Our website is quite amazing...”

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Serengeti Bytes provides website design and development, building an organization’s online presence from scratch. They also work on social media, digital marketing, and provide advice on PR strategy.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Shamira Mshangama
Executive Director, Mwanamke na Uongozi

The website was finished to an excellent standard, providing the organization with a fantastic platform through which to attract their audience. The team is skilled and dedicated, offering support and guidance throughout the process, while managing their time well.

I’m the founder and executive director of Mwanamke na Uongozi, which means Women in Leadership in Swahili. We’re an NGO with the mission of empowering girls as young as 12 to participate in decision-making and leadership. We focus on social, political, and economic leadership, with the most emphasis on the political aspects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Serengeti Bytes?

We started the organization in 2017, but we had no website for about a year. We went to different platforms and asked people about web development, but the problem was the cost. Most options were costly, and we weren’t comfortable to work with them after visiting their websites.

Serengeti Bytes designed and developed our website, and they’re also hosting it. They’re also helping me with online marketing and providing translation services. We’re using them to create awareness for our brand. They give me advice on how to run social media, how to go viral, how to attract an audience, and how to handle public relations issues.

We’re still working on a team page for the organization, so the work is ongoing. Initially, we just wanted to list our names, but Serengeti Bytes advised us to put add photos as well.

I work with Kennedy (Founder and CEO, Serengeti Bytes), but I’ve also met their creative director and the rest of the team.

How did you come to work with Serengeti Bytes?

I came across a happy client of theirs on Twitter, so I decided to visit their website. That made me interested in working with them, so I set up a conversation. Their executive director taught me about a lot of things I hadn’t even heard of before, about social media and web management. The choice wasn’t about cost; it was about their creativity and experience.

We started working with them in February 2019.

Our website is quite amazing, and it cost us less than what other providers were asking for. They have a creative team that educated me a lot, coming up with alternate ideas for how we can create a website.

They’ve had a big impact on our organization. We have an online presence now, which gets us a lot of partners. People can find all the information they need through the website—they judge an organization by how it looks, and we have a great platform on which people can see us.

How did Serengeti Bytes perform from a project management standpoint?

We had conversations on email and over WhatsApp. They have good time management, and I was quite surprised that they were able to deliver in two weeks while being cost-effective. They always responded quickly to my emails and were only in touch when I needed something.

They’re very creative. We could pay a lot of money and still not get the results we’re hoping for, but we’ve been happy with Serengeti Bytes.

Don’t hesitate to tell them what you want. They can deliver anything, while also teaching us a lot.

Overall Score It’s been a really nice experience.
    They gave me a reasonable price.