We're Aggressive

The SEO Gorillas team is a global full service digital marketing agency with our main offices located in Canada and USA and when this team of gorillas came together we didn’t just name our company as a cute gimmick, we earn the name SEO Gorillas every day because that is exactly what we are.

We are extremely aggressive and we get you the results you want. Our gorillas are dedicated to providing your business with the most innovative search engine optimization services and solutions in Toronto, Los Angeles and Buffalo as well as offering full service web designing & branding, web & mobile development in Los Angeles, pay per click services in Toronto, smo services Toronto, mobile development as well as digital marketing solutions in Buffalo.

Our top SEO services also include link building services in Toronto, Los Angeles and Buffalo. Our team of gorillas are the real deal, and not small team wearing monkey suits. We are the Kings of the jungle and we get the job done right every time at an affordable price for our clients, and with the highest quality possible. Gorillas are loyal creatures which means we work hard for our clients so that we can grow your jungle to be as strong, vibrant and as powerful as possible.

Los Angeles, CA
  • 10318 Oletha Lane
    Los Angeles , CA 90077

Michael's on Simcoe, Provocateur Images, Self Stor, BPT Solutions, ARHT Media,

Art and Books World, Duralock, Dust Chasers, Loft Doors

Marketing Initiatives for Spa Franchise

"SEO Gorillas is a very efficient and dedicated team."

2013 - Ongoing

SEO Gorillas is engaged with a small business to fix a dysfunctional website and generate a viable email marketing database and list to improve customer retention and follow-up services.

Vancouver, Canada Area
Owner, Spa

SEO Gorillas is praised for their quality work that grows sales and revenue and always hitting deadlines and budget parameters. SEO Gorillas is recommended to all.

We are a high-end spa operating in a number of locations in British Columbia. I am the Chief Executive Officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with SEO Gorillas?

Our website was quite dysfunctional and we needed to improve its flow.

SEO Gorillas redesigned our website, and also helped us create a secure email database linked to it, which helped us grow our customer list. SEO Gorillas is constantly updating the website with the changes that I need, and they're responsible for sending our monthly newsletter. SEO Gorillas manages the contacts database for me, as well as providing SEO [search engine optimization] services. We haven't used them for pay-per-click management. At the moment, we're using Shopify as an e-commerce platform for bookings.

How did you come to work with SEO Gorillas?

I met SEO Gorillas in Toronto through my sister and was impressed with the drive and knowledge that their principal had. When it came time to make a change, I went to SEO Gorillas, they came up with a fair proposal, and I've been happy with them since.

How much have you invested with SEO Gorillas?

I cannot provide this information.

We have been working with SEO Gorillas for 4 years, and have an ongoing relationship.

The owner of our company has a background in the field of SEO. He has taken time to review them and he was quite impressed with how well we were doing. In taking time to read them myself and with my limited understanding, they made sense and were very clear in performance and success.

What did you find most impressive about SEO Gorillas?

SEO Gorillas is a very efficient and dedicated team. Everything I need will go through SEO Gorillas’ lead, who will always make sure that he follows through.

Are there any areas SEO Gorillas could improve?

Communication can always be improved within any company. Because we've become very much an email society, versus picking up the phone and talking, I'm sure I'm as much to blame as anyone. It will take some back-and-forth to understand what each is wanting, but other than that, there's nothing. SEO Gorillas is on top of its game.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with SEO Gorillas?

I would 100% recommend SEO Gorillas, and have done so for a number of companies.

There were only 1-2 occasions of SEO Gorillas being late.

Organic SEO for Roofing Company

"SEO Gorillas has been the only team to back up their claims, and admit to mistakes."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

SEO Gorillas works with a client in a very competitive local market to grow qualified leads for various home improvement projects.

Toronto, Canada Area
Owner, Roofing Company

SEO Gorillas is complimented for halving the client's monthly fees to make sure value is received and going the extra mile to make the keyword strategy successful. SEO Gorillas is recommended to others.

We provide roofing services for both commercial and residential customers, along with attic insulation, eavestrough gutter, and other aluminum work. We cover a good portion of the Ontario, Canada, region. We also provided roofing services in the United States, but our competition was offering too cheap of a price without the proper insurance, unfortunately. I'm the owner of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with SEO Gorillas?

We wanted to bring in more business through our website and, hopefully, hit the $10 million growth mark.

SEO Gorillas hasn't provided any pay-per-click management at the moment. They considered it, but we've only focused on the website so far, submitting company reviews and other ways of gaining organic traffic.

How did you come to work with SEO Gorillas?

I made a search online and interviewed 8 different companies, having almost all of them visit our headquarters. I went through my set of questions and felt the most comfortable with SEO Gorillas' team.

I had used web design and SEO services before, from 3 other companies, during the last 20 years. Unfortunately, I ran into bad situations each time. We kept getting thrown to the bottom of searches and not having success.

How much have you invested with SEO Gorillas?

The monthly fee for SEO Gorillas's services is $1,000, but they've temporarily reduced it to $500.

I have been working with SEO Gorillas since January 2016. At the moment, we're focusing on ranking higher for some of the more competitive keywords. I had a feeling that many terms would be tough to tackle, but SEO Gorillas assured me that they'd get me to the first page for my locations within 6 months. Unfortunately, SEO Gorillas didn't meet this goal, but they dropped my feed in half, from $1,000 per month to $500. I found this to be an excellent gesture, compared to past companies I'd used, which gave me a feeling of being cheated. SEO Gorillas is willing to back up what I was promised.

I have noticed that SEO Gorillas did more than what was included in the contract. Because of this, I plan on continuing with them.

Compared with all that's happened so far, in terms of past companies that didn't deliver, SEO Gorillas has been the only team to back up their claims, and admit to mistakes. Dropping my price in half, and performing more work, has been huge. I'm a little upset with not being on the first page, but it was simply due to SEO Gorillas not realizing how much competition there was in the Toronto area, much of it from companies that shouldn't be in the business at all.

I've had a massive increase in calls for attic insulation, amounting to 8 to 9 times what I'd been getting before. I think that I need to give the work more time, and we will start seeing a change for the roofing side as well. I haven't gotten many web form inquiries, but this may not be very relevant.

I have jumped a number of pages, from being in 200th place for some keywords to 30th and even 4th or 6th. The results have been good, but I haven't seen enough results to say that SEO Gorillas has been successful. They are a good company, though.

After the calls come in, it's up to me to close them or not. SEO Gorillas's team did their job for this part. The attic insulation will start in a few weeks, but the roofing side is my main concern. We have seen increased calls, but haven't met our target. The fact that SEO Gorillas dropped my price in half because of this has been huge.

What did you find most impressive about SEO Gorillas?

I found SEO Gorillas to be a personable group. We're a big company, but still try to have a personal connection with clients, and I've seen this with SEO Gorillas as well. I had been cheated by a company that dropped us from the first page and destroyed my website and was concerned about my relationship with SEO Gorillas. They took the time to call back and reassure us about the work, no matter how many times we contacted them.

Another team I contacted got mad during the interview process because I wasn't confident I'd choose them and started name calling and being unprofessional. I wondered how a company that reputable could have this behavior. The fact that SEO Gorillas took the extra time to deal with a customer who was stressed out, worried, and panicking, and make them understand that the situation would be fixed in time was great.

I've gotten many cold calls from web agencies, and I've learned the hard way that many of them are reaching out in order to get more business without knowing anything about my situation – at the same time knocking other people's work without knowing what they're talking about. SEO Gorillas took the time to explain things to me and to make sure that I wasn't taken advantage of.

Are there any areas SEO Gorillas could improve?

I don't know if I was supposed to have reached the first page by May 2016. If that's the case, SEO Gorillas could have improved its performance. I do believe that their team is trying, and SEO Gorillas is actually doing what is supposed to be done. I hope that my gut is right and that all the extra work I've seen, as well as the drop in price, are a good indicator. My business is picking up, and I'm getting more calls.

Maybe SEO Gorillas was supposed to have met our initial deadline of getting me to the first page. I was given a list of work items, but I don't have a very good understanding of the terminology involved.
    SEO Gorillas dropped the price in order to keep me happy after not meeting their goal. Again, I cannot give a 5 because of my limited understanding of the field.
    Even though SEO Gorillas did explain the field to me, I don't know enough about websites in order to say what a 5-star rating would entail.
    I've recommended SEO Gorillas to friends and family.

SEO for Self Storage Company

"I can trust them because they can get on my level and explain things to me that I understand."

SEOGorillas optimized the company's website in order for them to remain competitive amongst the big players in their market.

Toronto, Canada
Matt Midgley
Senior Operations Manager, Self Storage Company

SEOGorillas is more informative and trustworthy than other SEO companies the client has engaged. There was an increase in the organic search ranking, from 157th to the 6th position on Google. The team provided quality services, has been punctual, responsive and transparent in their transactions.

We are an investment company – Cowie Capital Partners, Inc. We are the owner of an Ontario-based self-storage company. We have four locations in Toronto with a total of 500,000 square feet of self-storage.

I'm the senior operations manager.

What business challenge were you trying to address with SEOGorillas?

We've been in operation since 1996 in the Toronto area and, during the last two or three years have seen a decline in our online presence due to many other, bigger players entering the market, companies like Public Storage and StorageMart. For the last year, we've engaged with several SEO [search engine optimization] companies that have led us astray, but I got a recommendation from our outsourced IT [information technology] company that SEOGorillas could help us.

We have an in-house website designer who has worked for us for about nine years now. We do iCampaigns. He always does color schemes and things like that. He's more of a visual designer, so I wouldn't say he excels at the optimization of the website and meta tags and the behind the scenes stuff. Once we saw a decline in our online activity, we approached a few SEO companies. SEOGorillas was able to demonstrate to us very simply how things work regarding the background of our website, so we took them on board.

We do the visual design ourselves, but we leave it up to SEOGorillas to go behind us and make sure that what we are doing is Google-friendly, crawlable, and works with how the Internet reads our website.

How did you come to work with SEOGorillas?

We outsource an IT company called System Architects. They actually recommended SEOGorillas to us. They recommend a few people to us that other clients of theirs have worked with in the past and had success. After reviewing a few companies, we chose to go with SEOGorillas.

We spend about $800 to $1,000 a month with them.

We actually took them on about four months ago. We plan to keep them for the foreseeable future.

When we took them on, our website had dropped off certain Google search keywords, and that was frustrating to us. Right now, we're engaged in a pay-per-click campaign as well as an organic campaign. Since the organic traffic has come back up again, we are soon going to drop our PPC [pay-per-click] campaign, which will save us $300 to $500 a month. I would like to get to a point where we're paying $500 or $600 a month and getting the same outcome that we were getting four months ago with the $900 budget.

One of our facilities is located in Guelph, Ontario, and our website completely fell off the map in Guelph. None of our keywords were showing up. We were in the 157th position, and we're now in the sixth position on Google. That has been our focus with our collaboration with them.

How did SEOGorillas perform from a project management standpoint?

I would say about an eight out of 10. When we partner with them, since we're the designer and they are the background guys, sometimes everybody is not on the same page. Sometimes, we mess up and, sometimes, they mess up. If we let them do the visual design as well, they would do fantastic. The fact that we want to be the designers ourselves creates a bit of difficulty, but I wouldn't say it is an issue.

What distinguishes SEOGorillas from other providers?

We ended up going with SEOGorillas because they sat down with us, and they explained in depth what was wrong with our website. Other companies just told us to sign a piece of paper, and they would fix it for us. SEOGorillas spent an hour on the phone with me and my colleague explaining to us in depth what was wrong with the site.

I can trust them because they can get on my level and explain things to me that I understand. Google is an entire industry all on its own, and they were able to explain to us everything that Google doesn't like. Other companies just give you promises and tell you not to worry about anything. With SEOGorillas, we could hold in our hands a list of things that were actually wrong with our website.

Is there anything SEOGorillas could have improved or done differently?

Not really, to be honest with you. This is our fourth SEO company, and they're hand over foot a lot better than the previous companies. If I knew the space better, perhaps I could offer some insight but, at this point, I don't have any.

Overall Score They’ve always given me what they told me they were going to give me. They keep you informed. Every time I have a question, they answer. They’ve been fantastic to us.
    Every time they schedule a phone call with me, they call me at the exact time. They’ve given me a report on the first day of every month, and I would say they’re fantastic.
    SEOGorillas is definitely on the more expensive side of things, but they are fantastic, so sometimes you have to pay more for a quality product.
    The quality of the service is fantastic. We saw results within 30 to 60 days. SEOGorillas never gives promises they can’t meet.
    SEOGorillas was referred to me, and I would definitely refer them again.

Organic SEO Project for Photography Studio

"I can approach them directly with new ideas and get suggestions from them for growing a certain keyword and so on."

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

SEO Gorillas tweaked the website of the company with SEO to maintain and improve its search page ranking.

Ontario, Canada
Owner and Photographer, Provacateur Studio

SEO Gorillas helped the company in moving up to the third position in page ranking. Because of this success, there was an increase in organic leads for the website. SEO Gorillas was highly recommended due to their flexibility to changes, proactive, and was approachable during the process.

Provocateur Images is a photography service aimed at women between the ages of 25-45 seeking boudoir sessions.

I am the photographer and owner of the company. I run every aspect of the business, from photography to marketing and everything else in-between.

What business challenge were you trying to address with SEO Gorillas?

Many of my clients find me through Google searches, so having a higher ranking for my genre of photography is very important for me. There are certain things which I can't do myself because of lack of time.

Right now, I'm handling all social media marketing for my business. I don't use Google Ad Words. I am worried about the organic side of things, so SEO Gorillas has made tweaks on my site.

How did you come to work with SEO Gorillas?

I have a good understanding of the SEO [search engine optimization] field myself. I talked to a number of SEO companies before settling on SEO Gorillas. I liked the rapport with their owner, as well as what they offered. Some companies were a lot more expensive, while others were really cheap. I was looking for a mid-range provider which could provide one specific service, instead of handling everything. I can take care of a good chunk of the work myself. Finding the right company was an annoying process. There are a million choices on the market. Another problem with SEO work is that it can be equivalent to throwing money into the abyss. I can hope that the agency will then do something behind-the-scenes. My ranking has been increasing though, which has led to more traffic to my site and more leads and customers, ultimately.

This is confidential.

I started working with SEO Gorillas in November 2015. We have an ongoing relationship.

From a keyword standpoint, I was ranking within positions 8-11 for "Toronto boudoir photography/photographer", which I could have achieved on my own. With the help of SEO Gorillas, I moved up to the third position and I keep creeping up. Moving to the first position is a fool's errand, as everyone would be number one if it was easy. The fact that I'm in third place has yielded a few hundred more organic leads for my site. I've tracked my traffic both through SEO Gorillas' reports and using Google Analytics, looking at how my keywords are performing.

How did SEO Gorillas perform from a project management standpoint?

I dig through reports now and again, in order to see if traffic is leveling out. The great thing about SEO Gorillas is that I can approach them directly with new ideas and get suggestions from them for growing a certain keyword and so on. SEO Gorillas has always been open to helping me and getting the work going. SEO Gorillas has allowed me to make tweaks to the work, unlike many other companies.

What distinguishes SEO Gorillas from other providers?

I used another SEO company a few years ago, with a completely different experience. They simply took my money without giving me the impression that I was getting something in return. There were no reports and I only received a phone call every 3 months or so, telling me that everything was going great. I had no insight into what they were doing. The experience was exactly how I didn't want to work with an SEO company, and I realized that the company's level of transparency was a big factor when choosing one.

Many of these companies also want the client to sign on for a period of time. SEO Gorillas did not force that. They have an initial fee, after which I paid an ongoing monthly rate. I could cancel tomorrow, if I so chose, without any penalties. I'd be very weary of any SEO companies that made the client sign on for a period of time, given that I have to get a feel for their way of working. Most companies will tell clients that results take around a year to show up, but I know that I should see changes within the first 3 months, even if they're not extreme. If a client is ranking low, they should come to the top of the second, or bottom of the first page within that time.

Is there anything SEO Gorillas could have improved or done differently?

I'm working with SEO Gorillas on finding the right keyword strategy. When picking the initial keywords, I didn't know what to pick as secondary terms. SEO Gorillas is flexible in this regard, allowing me to change them, unlike other agencies, which ask for additional costs for this.

We don't have formal deadlines but I'm impressed with their speed of delivery.
    I'm perfectly happy with the costs.
    I have to be really impressed to give anyone a 5.
    I've recommended SEO Gorillas to a number of people.