Digital Agency and Consultants

Fueled by ideas, expertise and dedication, we create solutions to prepare our clients for what is next and use artificial & behavioral intelligence layered into your strategy for optimal engagement.

We seek to understand your digital structure and framework alongside your operational practice, and the solutions required in the long and short term. Our sweet spot lies in understanding how our clients monetize either their brand or service. From that, we create impactful strategies that further enhance their digital landscape

2006
Belmar, NJ

Surf Taco, Faherty Brand, Chefs International, Marina Grille, Monmouth University, Woodhaven, Mamoun's Falafel, Windmill Hot Dogs, New York Health & Racquet Club (NYHRC), Jersey Mike's Subs, Rutgers, Oak Hill Academy, Brookdale, Penn Graduate School of Education, Liberty Helicopters.

SEO and Web Design for Mortgage Company

"They always meet or exceed our expectations in terms of deliverables."

2014 - Ongoing

SEMGeeks developed a new website, managed a PPC campaign, and assisted with the client's SEO and marketing efforts.

New Jersey
Christian Pepe
Partner, First Equity Mortgage

SEMGeeks is consistently proactive, organized, and on the cutting edge. The client now captures key search terms and has a comprehensive understanding of SEO and other best practices.

I’m one of the partners of First Equity Mortgage. It is a licensed residential mortgage company located in New Jersey.

What challenge were you trying to address with SEMGeeks?

We were really looking for help with our online presence from an overall marketing standpoint. We were also developing an online platform to generate business leads from people searching for mortgage-related products online.

SEMGeeks provided 3 services for us.  First, they helped us fully develop our company website. The one that we had was really not that great; it was not that up-to-date. They overhauled the whole thing and created a new site. From a branding and marketing perspective, they really gave us a fresh, updated look. The new site really explained all the products and services that we offered.

Additionally, SEMGeeks helped us with 2 online campaigns to generate business. One was to help us manage our PPC campaign. It was a campaign for homeowners or potential homeowners that were searching online in New Jersey for loan programs. They helped run banner ads so that people would find our site and our information.

SEMGeeks also helped us through some SEO marketing, allowing us to gain a presence on Google. For example, if somebody searched for a renovation loan in New Jersey, they got us. For certain terms like that, we were showing number one on Google organically, meaning we didn't have to pay for it. The PPC and the SEO marketing was really what they did from a lead standpoint.

How did you come to work with SEMGeeks?

I don't remember exactly, but I know it was definitely a referral. It might have been that one of our employees knew SEMGeeks personally. That person probably heard good things about them from other companies who had used them.

Initially, we had come across a couple of companies in our search. A couple of people had recommended SEMGeeks while somebody else recommended another company. We had several conversations with SEMGeeks and we felt really comfortable with them. They were able to answer a lot of our questions appropriately. It was a little tricky because a lot of this was language that we didn't really understand. SEO marketing and pay per click were all really new to us. SEMGeeks helped explain all the different channels and way you can market yourself in a really comprehensive way. That's what got us really most comfortable with them.

How much have you invested with SEMGeeks?

We probably paid $10,000 to $15,000 for the website. In the past 2 years, we spend an additional $1,500 to $2,000 on a monthly basis.

We're still working with them on certain things. The development the website was a one-time project. I've got to be honest; I don't remember exactly when it was that they did that. If I had to guess, I would say they did that work about 2 years ago. We've continued to use for SEO marketing and PPC since then.

The fact that we've continued to use them speaks volumes. I probably couldn't give you exact numbers off the top of my head, but we were very happy. They definitely delivered the results. For the SEO campaign, we showed up exactly where they said that we would. They got us to number one on Google searches.

We get monthly reports from them for both campaigns. The reports show all the statistics, where we ranked the previous month, where we rank now, and where they intend to have us ranked.  For PPC, they would show us  a breakdown of the cost per click and conversion rates. We could actually see a lead come through and things like that. They had definitely met our barometer, I would say.

How did SEMGeeks perform from a project management standpoint?

Now we're in the stage where what they're doing isn't deadline-oriented. But any time we wanted to kick off a new campaign, they would always immediately send out meeting invites. SEMGeeks would get everybody on the same page and do a call with all the necessary people from their side. They are always available.

With the website, they laid out a very specific deadline. They explained how long it would take to get it all done. If there were any delays, they were probably more on our end as SEMGeeks needed certain content from us to build out the site. When they got what they asked for, they moved everything along according to schedule.

What did you find most impressive about SEMGeeks?

I had zero understanding of online marketing or lead generation. They fully educated me and kept us up to speed. They're very much on the cutting edge of technology, what's working and what's not working. They take feedback very well. Anytime I needed to say, “I don't know if this is working,” or “We're not satisfied with this,” they always took it seriously. Other times, they would show us, through statistics that things were working. If it wasn't, they were always willing to go back to the drawing board and revisit things. Then they're just very proactive. They invited us to a meeting the week after next to touch base on our overall satisfaction. We’ll talk about the different campaigns we're running and if there's anything we think should be changed.

Are there any areas SEMGeeks could improve?

I don't think so, to be honest.

Overall Score I'm really happy with everything that they've done.
    Any time we suggested a meeting, they were always able to work with our schedule and get something onboard as soon as possible.
    The website was a little more expensive than I initially thought it would be, but I definitely was very satisfied with the end product.
    They always meet or exceed our expectations in terms of deliverables.
    I have already recommended them to other people and will continue to do so.

Web Design and SEO for Branding Firm

"They developed a gorgeous site that’s extremely functional, fast-moving, and SEO-friendly."

SEMGeeks collaborated with a naming agency to build a website and develop a brand for a mutual client. They then briefly worked for the naming agency as an SEO and SEM consultant.

Oakland, California
Mark Skoultchi
Partner, Catchword Branding

The website that SEMGeeks built was nominated for a Webby Award. The naming agency was impressed with their ability to create visually appealing designs while also focusing on SEO. SEMGeeks is now one of their go-to agencies.

Catchword is a brand name development firm that has been in business for 18 years. We’ve got offices on the East and West Coast. Our company names products, services, and companies. Mostly, we work for large multinational companies, but we’ve also served smaller and medium-sized companies.

I am a partner of Catchword and have been with the company for 16 years. I manage all of our business on the East Coast. Some of my responsibilities include SEO, SEM, and AdWords. I’ve become personally invested and to some degree knowledgeable about that whole space. I am super sensitive to the importance of working with somebody in the know. It’s critical that they feel the pulse of SEO nowadays from a website development standpoint.

What challenge were you trying to address with SEMGeeks?

We had an opportunity to collaborate on a B2B technology branding project. The client asked us to develop a name for their spinoff business. This is a client in the DCIM space, data center infrastructure management.

SEMGeeks assisted us with the initial positioning and brand development work. We were the naming partner that was hired to collaborate with them. They developed the back-end website design, including the SEO and SEM aspects of the rollout and website development. On this particular project, they were responsible for the overall brand identity, including the logo and wordmark. They gave input on SEO strategy and other considerations that would affect rankings. In terms of technology, I’m not exactly sure what back-end platforms they used to build the site, but it was remarkably fast.

Once a client hires our agency, oftentimes the other agencies they’ve hired aren’t always part of the process—upfront branding firms or back-end design firms. I’m not sure whether this was a requirement that the client had or if SEMGeeks wanted to be a part of everything throughout. They were just very involved with our part of the process. We were meeting them on a regular basis and corresponding by way of phone and email. It’s super helpful, too, because ultimately they were the designers of the brand and the website. It’s super helpful to folks in the naming business to get the perspective of the design folks on the names that you’re considering for the new company. That was the value that they added to a lot of the meetings. They provided the design expertise on the names that we were considering and talking about with the client. That was the nature of our initial collaboration with SEMGeeks.

Catchword is still in touch with the client and we continue to collaborate on an ongoing basis for all of their optimization work. It wasn’t just this one-off website development project. It may be a combination of website on-page SEO modifications and continuous updates. I’m pretty sure that they are doing some AdWords management on account of this client as well.

We also hired SEMGeeks for our own website redevelopment project, mostly from an SEO and SEM perspective. SEMGeeks did not do the actual design and development; we got their counsel and tapped into their SEO and SEM expertise. This was after we had already engaged somebody out on the West Coast, where our firm is based. However, we saw that our development firm made mistakes in our original website. If we had the money and engaged a firm like SEMGeeks from the beginning, we would probably have avoided those issues.

How did you come to work with SEMGeeks?

SEMGeeks was engaged by this company to help out with the upfront branding and positioning work. Then we were hired to collaborate with them. Our engagement was serendipitous because neither one of our agencies knew about the other agency until this client had brought us together. It turned out to be a really great relationship for the both of us.

How much have you invested with SEMGeeks?

For Catchword’s consult with them, we didn’t spend much at all. We spent under $1,000 to talk with them for our own site. They were extremely kind in how they dealt with us on a feed basis. It was very much in the interest of good will. They offer a much more affordable rate because they’re based New Jersey, not in Manhattan.

We worked with them for approximately 2 months.

From my perspective, it was a hugely successful deliverable. I’ve been in the business of branding for 25 years. I’ve seen a lot of work, a lot of designers, a lot of design agencies and SEO-type firms. I was super impressed with the website and branding that SEMGeeks had done. It was a remarkably deep, well-structured, and well-organized website. They developed a gorgeous site that’s extremely functional, fast-moving, and SEO-friendly. I think the site that they worked on was nominated for a Webby Award, which is pretty impressive. That speaks to the organization, layout, and visual appeal of the site. I think the awards are mostly visual; I’m not sure to what extent the SEO component is taken into consideration. The fact that it’s been nominated is an indication that the client would have to be pretty happy with that outcome. If anything’s a testament to how satisfied the client was with the work, it’s that they just continue to work with SEMGeeks.

I also thought they were really smart and very strategic in the way they approached the branding and the positioning work. What I liked an awful lot about them was how respectful they were of the naming part of the brand development assignment. They respected our level of expertise in this niche aspect of the branding world. That’s one of the reasons why we got along so well on a personal level. They’re just awesome people.

How did SEMGeeks perform from a project management standpoint?

Other than the project that we worked on together, I’ve had limited project management experience with them. They seem very well organized from a project management and team organization standpoint. We had a series of phone calls where they were advising us as we rolled out the website. That was our occasion to engage them directly, just an initial personal consultation. They were extremely responsive and very articulate. I think that they’re great communicators. I communicate with them on a regular basis for various things. Sometimes, it’s related to our own business, while sometimes it’s for potential clients that we’re recommending them to. SEMGeeks was also very well-balanced. They always had a broad team in place for whatever it was that you were talking to them about. That’s based on the people that were always copied and included in emails and meetings. They’ve worked extremely well with us.

What did you find most impressive about SEMGeeks?

What impressed me most was their ability to balance captivating visual design with being SEO-friendly. On one hand, SEMGeeks knows the importance of SEO and having sites that Google will look favorably upon. At the same time, there’s a strong visual appeal that is going to wow customers that land on the site. That’s what you’re looking for in a website development firm, not just somebody who’s got great visual vision. You need a partner that can balance that with top-level SEO counsel and design a site that achieves both of those goals. That’s exactly what their objective is. It’s their focus and it’s exactly what everybody should be looking for. That’s why SEMGeeks is now my go-to agency when I have a client who’s coming up with a new name for a company. I’d recommend them if it’s fairly certain that the client’s going to need an identity and ultimately a website to support the company. After the technology branding project, we’ve had the opportunity to recommend them to other clients. Frankly, we were impressed with their team, creative work, and smarts.

Are there any areas SEMGeeks could improve?

Honestly, if I could think of something, I would tell you. I really can’t. I’ve enjoyed all of our communications. I’ve enjoyed the work that we’ve done together with this agency. I really, honestly can’t think of anything that I’ve discovered needs improvement at this stage.

Overall Score They’re top-notch in their field, on par with any New York City Manhattan firm. I think that they need more recognition than they are currently getting.
    They’ve always been on time and perfectly responsive.
    I don’t have much experience with their fees. In fact, I’m not even sure exactly how much they charged that client that we worked for. For our personal engagement with them, it was incredible value for the cost.
    It was the highest level of service and deliverables that you could expect to have.
    Extremely likely. They currently are one of my go-to agencies for this sort of work.