Web Development and Advertising Agency in Mexico

Selfish is an agency based in Guadalajara, specialized in Web Development and Advertising.

We position your brand on the Internet adapting the technology to your needs. We will help you reach your goals with our experience and creativity, elegance and design and responsibility and professionalism.

Guadalajara, Mexico
  • Av. Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla 1383, Ladrón de Guevara
    Guadalajara, JAL 44600
    Mexico

Hospedarte Hostels, Caban Condos, Motion & Graphics, HH Fotografía, TimeLapse Pro, Intertex, AHA Universo, Festival del Lago, Réplika Concept Works, Bien Verde

WordPress Portfolio Site for Architectural Design Firm

"The most impressive about this company is how quick they were with coming up with designs and executing pages."

Feb. - Oct. 2019

Shelfish designed and developed a new WordPress site to showcase an architectural design firm's projects. They designed multiple page layouts to choose from before building out the site and populating it with content.

Crystal River, Florida
Michele Taylor
Business Development Manager, Big Span Structures, LLC.

The new site is far more user-friendly and informative compared to its previous iteration. Existing and prospective clients have complimented the site, too. While there was a bit of a language barrier throughout the project, Shelfish's team remained efficient in meeting timelines and expectations.

Big Span Structures provides turn-key highly customized tensioned membrane structures, tensile facades, frame supported and air-supported fabric-clad structures.

With over 40 years of experience, Big Span’s in-house capabilities include design, engineering, fabrication, and installation solutions resulting in over 500 million ft2 of architectural membrane structures globally.

I am a Business Development Manager, helping Big Span develop new business and generate sales for tensioned membrane projects in the U.S. and Canada.

For what projects/services did your company hire Selfish?

To help design/develop/launch a brand new website.

To upgrade our old website to a newly designed and user friendly website to showcase our services and design-build projects.

I researched companies online and found Selfish. We have a presence in Guadalajara, MX, at our manufacturing facility and wanted a company from that area.

Selfish designed and built a new CMS based (WordPress) website for Big Span. Although I'm based out of the states, I helped organzie a site map for Selfish and also developed/provided them all the content for each page.

From there, Selfish provide design page concepts for us to choose from. Once we agreed to a design, they started building the pages with the help and guidance of Big Span.

The team composition was myself and another indiviaul from Big Span to help manage the project with Selfish. From Selfish's end, they had a staff of about 2 or 3 working on our site. I mainly communicated with Erika directly on the changes/direction/and overall look that Big Span wanted for our new site.

We just launched the site and so it's taking some time for Google to start ranking our site, but overall, I can say from customers and potential clients I've been on the phone/web with, they really like our new site and it's useful for all the excellent information they're looking for.

Although we had some obstacles with the language barrier (me primarily speaking English and Spanish), overall project management from Selfish was pretty good. They were relatively efficient with meeting timelines and our expectations.

Of course, they could only work as fast as the information I was providing to them to build the pages. With that said, they were responsive and effective with the final execution.

The most impressive about this company is how quick they were with coming up with designs and executing pages. Also, they're affordable and do great website development work!

There is little to improve. As mentioned, with myself who only speaks English, it was a little difficult at times to communicate verbally about what we were looking for or asking, but following up with an email always seemed to work just fine.

Web Development for Real Estate Brokerage

"Their customer service is amazing!"

May - July 2019

Selfish designed and developed a new logo and website for a real estate broker in Mexico.

Carlos Lemus
CEO, TOPBROKERS.MX

The work performed has satisfied all project requirements and led to increased leads and sales for the client's company. Selfish's service was prompt and professional throughout the process.

I’m the CEO of TOPBROKERS.MX, a Real Estate agency established in Playa Del Carmen.

For what projects/services did your company hire Selfish?

We hire Selfish because it was recommended through other clients, and they were absolutely right. This is a Top Agency for Web Development. Service, quality, graphic design are amazing. I’m very happy with my new website.

A new face for my company.

It was recommended to me.

The developed a new website and a new logo for my business.

Erika is an excellent business woman and an amazing entrepreneur.

New clients, new sales are coming. Her service was fabulous. Her team developed an incredíble new web site for me.

Project management was amazing. Everything was on time and always going the extra mile to satisfy the client.

Their customer service is amazing!

I’m very pleased with the work they delivered.

SEO and Site Redesign for Real Estate Firm

“Selfish proved very knowledgeable about the industry and demonstrated the ability to accommodate all my requests.”

Dec. 2018 - Jan. 2019

Selfish brainstormed and implemented a forward-thinking redesign concept for a dated web-based platform that was in pressing need of an update. They made the new site mobile compatible and targeted SEO.

Merida, Mexico
Parrish Kondra
Business Partner, Caban Condos Mexico

The team from Selfish delivered a revamped website with a fresh new look and feel that’s secured quick improvements in SEO and online visibility. Taking care to meet the client’s needs to the letter, they fostered an open line of communication and instated a seamless dynamic between the two teams.

I am a business partner at a Canadian Real Estate Development company. We have projects in progress both in Canada and México, specifically Yucatan.

For what projects/services did your company hire Selfish?

Our company’s website was very old and outdated. A specific pain point we wanted to mitigate was that it wasn’t mobile friendly.

We wanted Selfish to produce a fresh new design for our website that included a mobile-friendly version. Additionally, we asked them to increase our presence on search engines like Google.

While researching options online, I came across great reviews for Selfish. Based on those materials, I decided to hire them.

I initially contacted Erika (Co-Founder, Selfish). She was very responsive, provided an accurate budget, and answered all my questions.

I worked with the co-founder directly, along with another team member.

Since our project first started, I’ve already noticed an increase in online traffic. We have also had many more clients who have been contacting us lately. I felt very confident in all the work Selfish performed for me.

We corresponded via video chat and email on a regular basis. Communication was excellent between our two teams.

I’m very satisfied with our engagement with Selfish.

Overall Score I would be happy to use them again for future projects.
    They have excellent communication skills.
    The costs are very reasonable.
    They're a very good team. Highly recommended.
    I would highly recommend them to my friends.

Web Development for Fashion & Design Agency

"They were willing to make the necessary changes to deliver exactly what we were looking for."

2016 - Ongoing

Selfish develops a promotional website and consults on SEO and e-commerce strategies, social media positioning, and other digital marketing efforts.

Zacoalco de Torres, Mexico
Founder, Bang

As a result of Selfish's dedicated work, the company enjoys a strong web presence. The agency listens carefully and thoughtfully to requests. Their timely deliveries and proactive communication keeps projects moving forward quickly, and their technical agility ensures outstanding results.

I am the founder and lead designer of Bang, a jewelry and clothing company. We operate at the national level.

What challenge were you trying to address with Selfish?

We worked with them on web development and SEO consulting. We needed a partner that could build our website and strategically position our products on search engines and social networks.

We worked on developing SEO and e-commerce strategy, designing contact forms, and registering our Google location.

I was in contact only with one person, but I think there were two on the team.

How did you come to work with Selfish?

I already knew about them, but had never worked with them before. The opportunity arose after we met a few times to chat. They knew what they were talking about. I explained our needs and showed them the designs I wanted, and they understood our needs very clearly. We communicated well, so I knew I could trust them with this project.

Considering all the modules we worked on, about 25 to 27 thousand pesos ($1,300—1,400 USD).

We started working with them about one year or a year-and-a-half ago.

Our positioning has seen the biggest impact. My company has only been in the market for about 2 years, so we wanted to quickly and aggressively position ourselves on these platforms. They helped us with that.

How did Selfish perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated through Whatsapp and phone calls, and everything was delivered on time. They were always waiting for us, contacting us whenever something was missing from our side, and checking task status. We missed some deadlines, but that was because we failed to deliver. They were always trying to keep us on track.

Beyond their development work, which was technically excellent, I appreciated that they listen to their clients. They listened carefully to everything I asked for, and adjusted their approach without charging more. They were willing to make the necessary changes to deliver exactly what we were looking for.

I would like to have more in-office meetings, but our distance would make that difficult. Using Skype or similar tools would allow me to follow up more quickly and engage with them visually. As a designer, I would have liked to show them sketches while we spoke.

If we were in the same city I would give them 5. Since everything was was remote, there were some communication delays.

Web Design & Dev for Content News Hub

"They consulted us on all characteristics and ideas for the development of this project."

2019

Selfish designed and developed a content platform for a site that focuses on news, reports, and more. After delivering the site, the team advised on the best practices to manage the content.

Director, News & Content Platform

Not only did the project met all client expectations, but Selfish went the extra mile to offer help wherever they could. They kept the internal team in the loop on progress, delivering on time.

Company focused on diffusing news, reports, interviews, public interest videos. I'm the general director, content creator and publishing.

For what projects/services did your company hire Selfish?

Web development for a news agency.

Develop a creative and dynamic web design, to manage informative content in simple way.

Web researching different agencies in Monterrey, Mexico City, Guadalajara and Toluca. They were selected because of the creativity in their designs and trust in their customer service.

Web development, web design and content management advising.

Two teammates managed the project and there were no changes throughout the project. They were always on top of everything.

The developed project met all my expectations.

They consulted us on all characteristics and ideas for the development of this project. At all times they offered help, and cleared any doubts. Through video calls, they established the characteristics of the site with the development team.

They constantly informed us about any progress. They delivered on time and according to the established parameters.

Their commitment, creativity, and pricing were good.

Not for now.

Overall Score Congratulations!
    Very good
    Very good
    Excellent service
    Several referrals.

Web Domain and Hosting for Yarn Manufacturer

"The personal attention and fast responses we received stood out to us."

June 2018

Selfish secured web domains and hosting that will allow for future development.

CEO, Hilaturas Intertex

Selfish obtained the desired domains and hosting while being open to feedback and providing consistent communication. They demonstrated the value they place on customer service by offering individualized attention and responding quickly to inquiries.

I’m the CEO of a manufacturing company dedicated to yarn dying.

For what projects/services did your company hire Selfish?

We needed someone to manage our web domain and hosting.

We wanted web domains that we could use to develop websites in the future.

Selfish was recommended to us by a third party. We did consider other companies, but they offered us personal attention and a most suitable proposal.

They got the domains and hosting we desired for our company.

I was in direct contact with their Co-Director, who was in charge of the project.

The process was very fast and we’re positioned well to develop our websites in the future.

There was good communication. I would give them feedback and they would incorporate it and arrange everything for us.

The personal attention and fast responses we received stood out to us.

Everything is okay for now, but we’ll see when we develop the website.

Web Dev, SEO, & Maintenance for Consultancy

"Everything was done right on the first try."

undefined - Ongoing

Selfish handled web development, SEO, focusing on making the website mobile friendly. They also provide maintenance for the site.

Monterrey, Mexico
Ana Cristina Fuente
Marketing Manager, Merx Business Performance

Thanks to their involvement, the website has greater exposure and improved overall analytics. Selfish stands out with their weekly updates, delivery speed, and attention to detail. They were also open to change requests.

I’m the marketing manager for Merx Business Performance.

We wanted to better position our website on search engines. We also wanted to optimize its loading speed, make it mobile friendly, etc.

Selfish had the best proposal in terms of creativity.

They provided web development, external links, and SEO. They also provide maintenance for the website.

They assigned two web developers, a designer, and an SEO specialist.

Our most recent Google Analytics report shows a 60% improvement for our website.

They provided a calendar with due dates and we had weekly meetings where they presented updates.

Their speed of delivery and openness to our change requests were noteworthy.

No. I think they’re an excellent team and the produced the results we needed.

Overall Score They’re good at what they do and are proactive.
    I had no issues with what they delivered. They resolved any problem that came up.
    Compared to the competition, the price they gave us was fair.
    Everything was done right on the first try. They’re very detail oriented, which helped a lot.
    I would refer them.