Your results-driven growth marketing agency

We are a results-driven growth marketing agency that provides customized digital marketing services to companies that want to grow … fast.

Think of us as your marketing partner. Consultants will usually leave you with a list of things to do. A partner will take things off your list and put them into action. Helping you grow your business is our focus.

2006
San Francisco, CA
  • 548 Market St #64327
    San Francisco , CA 94104-5401

Celigo, Guckenheimer, ISS, EFI, Numerify, Nyansa, Adobe, Simpplr, SDX Central, Broadcom, San Jose State, Sierra College, Center for Employment Training, Content Rules, OSIsoft, Stanford Federal Credit Union, Under the Nile
Real Client Results by the Numbers Image

Real Client Results by the Numbers

Curious about what’s possible for your business with a proven marketing partner in your corner? Here are some actual results based on our work with our clients.

• 1800% more leads in 15 months - SaaS business intelligence platform
• 900 X more engagement on key sales - Data Integration & Productivity Software
• 414% more conversions - Enterprise corporate food services
• 41% revenue growth in

under one year - Apparel designer and producer
• 410% more organic traffic - Northern California-based community college
• 92% reliance on ad spend - Enterprise corporate food services
• 37% more customers in under a year - iPaaS integration platform

Learn more about the results we’ve helped clients achieve here 👉🏽 https://secretsushi.com/results/

A Trusted Marketing Partner for Growing Businesses

Previously the VP of Marketing at iCharts and now leading marketing at Celigo, Rico Andrade has continued to rely on Secret Sushi to drive his company's digital marketing efforts at both companies.

1. Content marketing and development
analytics

Learn more about our services 👉🏼 https://secretsushi.com/marketing-services/

Content Marketing for Fast-Growing Business IT Analytics Company Image

Content Marketing for Fast-Growing Business IT Analytics Company

Secret Sushi works with IT Business analytics leader Numerify to develop and promote demand generation content.

Feeding Guckenheimer's Growing Need for Inbound Leads Image

Feeding Guckenheimer's Growing Need for Inbound Leads

Guckenheimer, a multimillion-dollar corporate dining and food services company that's been around for decades, lacked a formal lead-generation process. "We needed to understand the strategy and build a true inbound machine, not just watch basic SEO metrics," says Aleya Harris, Director of Marketing, North America ISS | Guckenheimer.

The Solution

Secret Sushi created a robust lead pipeline process,

implemented marketing technology infrastructure, and gave the Guckenheimer team the ability to track vital KPIs. We also designed a new website to drive more customers through stronger SEO, compelling content, better tracking abilities, and more.

• Demand generation
  • Sales/Marketing funnel pipeline process
  • Paid campaign creation and management
  • Content marketing and development
  • Conversion-Rate optimization
  • Website analytics and reporting

The Impact

The company's new strategy has led to a 92% decrease in average advertising cost, 414% increased conversion, and a 35% cut in conversion cost.

“We have the beginnings of a foundation for our inbound strategy, I feel more confident in the subject matter, and I know if I have a question, I have a go-to team to call on," says Aleya Harris, Director of Marketing for ISS-Guckenheimer North America

Content Rules Has a Trusted Marketing Partner in Secret Sushi

Val Swisher and the team at Content Rules rely on Secret Sushi to support their marketing needs, attract new customers, and evolve the company's brand.

1. Content marketing and development

• 410% more organic traffic - Northern California-based community college
• 92% reliance on ad spend - Enterprise corporate food services
• 37% more customers in under a year - iPaaS integration platform

Demand Generation for iPaaS Firm

"The CEO is a good person who really cares about his customers, and you can see it in every interaction with him."

An iPaaS firm hired Secret Sushi, Inc. to provide marketing expertise and manage digital marketing initiatives. Since then, they've managed several initiatives around paid campaigns, SEO, and other efforts.

San Mateo, California
Rico Andrade
VP of Marketing, Celigo

The iPaaS firm has grown consistently, with Secret Sushi, Inc. making a failing part of the company a thriving part. They're communicative and care about their customers, delivering results.

I am VP of Marketing at Celigo (http://celigo.com), a leader in the Integration Platform as a Service company (iPaaS) space.

For what projects/services did your company hire Secret Sushi, Inc?

I first hired Secret Sushi when we were much smaller, to provide us with instant marketing expertise to help manage several of our initiatives around digital marketing on an ongoing basis. Secret Sushi managed several initiatives around all paid campaigns, website conversion optimization, SEO, some content, and other related efforts. This was split between the "Core" Celigo team as the agency of record for our CloudExtend business unit.

Our goal was to be able to move quickly and efficiently to ramp up marketing operations. The Celigo marketing team was very small at the time, and it would have taken a long time to build all the necessary capabilities in-house.

I had previously worked with Secret Sushi at two other companies - iCharts and Swarm Fund, so I bround them along when I was first hired at Celigo.

As mentioned, Secret Sushi managed on an ongoing basis several initiatives around all paid campaigns, website conversion optimization, SEO, some content, web design, and other related efforts. This was split between the "Core" Celigo team as the agency of record for our CloudExtend business unit.

Team consisted of two direct contacts at Secret Sushi, and they would supplement with a stable of designers, developers, and writers as needed.

Celigo has been growing consistently for the last several years, with the pipeline growth to support it. When we first started, CloudExtend was on the verge of possibly being spun off or shut down, and has been turned around into a thriving part of Celigo since.

Very. There was a weekly conversation with the team, and items were typically managed via tools such as Asana.

The direct line of communication with the founder and CEO. Adam is a good person who really cares about his customers, and you can see it in every interaction with him.

As is, Secret Sushi is probably not built for the largest companies, who likely have requirements for in-house staff or very specialized expertise at scale.

Full Digital Marketing for Vocational Training Center

"Regardless of what comes up, Secret Sushi, Inc can and does help."

Apr. 2012 - Ongoing

Initially hired to redesign a website, Secret Sushi, Inc has since provided various digital marketing services. They help with PPC/SEO, report on Google Analytics, set up email automation, and create content.

Amy Lawrence
Marketing Manager, Center for Employment Training

Secret Sushi, Inc has substantially increased digital lead generation thanks to their improved tracking systems and tools. The team employs an effective workflow, even making recommendations to ease internal processes.

I am the Marketing Manager at Center for Employment Training (CET). CET provides voc-tech job training services in 12 markets in the US with a focus on targeting at-risk populations.

For what projects/services did your company hire Secret Sushi, Inc?

We originally hired Secret Sushi to complete a website redesign that had been shelved. The turn-around time was very short with a limited budget. Following the successful launch, we continued to engage the team for a variety of services from social strategy to digital advertising.

The goal was to bring the organization into the digital age and continue to transform how it reaches its audience.

We interviewed firms and ranked them according to a needs assessment.

Secret Sushi is my marketing partner. As a department of one, Secret Sushi helps us in every aspect - PPC, SEO, "fixing" the website, content models, email automation, GA reporting, tools and resources, blog posts. Name it and I've asked this team to help or they simply step in and get it done. It gets done.

I've worked with a variety of team members and always am confident the job will get done and communication is clear.

After completing our first project together, we saw our digital lead generation go up 300%. A subsequent site also resulted in increased leads AND put into place better tracking systems and supporting toolsets.

This transformation has continued and increases with the implementation of each strategic initiative. Increased social engagement, a larger share of organic website traffic, and better processes are just a few accomplishments.

The workflow is great. I all fairness, this team has made recommendations on how I can improve my workflow and everything has gotten easier.

Regardless of what comes up, Secret Sushi, Inc can and does help. I am always thankful that I don't need to go to different companies.

None that I can see.

Outsourced Marketing for Content Strategy Agency

"They really care about the success of my company. They don't give mere lip service to caring."

Jan. 2010 - Ongoing

For a decade, Secret Sushi, Inc. has handled all outsourced marketing work, from implementing and maintaining a marketing automation system to creating a corporate website and marketing collateral.

Los Gatos, California
Val Swisher
CEO, Content Rules, Inc.

Secret Sushi, Inc. has developed a long-term partnership. They're always on the lookout for better ways to promote the brand and work effectively with the in-house team. A dedicated group, they put in the time and effort to maintain campaign success.

I am the CEO of a content strategy agency. We have been in business for 26 years. We work with the biggest and most innovative companies to help them plan, create, and maintain their technical, marketing, and training content.

For what projects/services did your company hire Secret Sushi, Inc?

Secret Sushi is our outsourced marketing agency. They do all of our marketing work. This includes implementing and maintaining our marketing automation system, creating and maintaining our corporate website, and creating all of our marketing materials. They provide all of the expertise we need to to be successful.

We need marketing expertise and execution to plan, create, and deliver all on our corporate brand. This includes website, collateral, presentations, and so on.

I met the owner of Secret Sushi years ago, as he was a big supporter of Teens in Tech. I admired his commitment to bringing young people through the ranks to become the next generation of software developers.

I got to know the company from there, through in-person meetings and I learned more about what they did. It was a no-brainer for me to start working with Secret Sushi after seeing the passion they put into their work.

Secret Sushi is my marketing department. Whenever I have an idea, I bring it to them and we discuss. They also have lots of ideas for how best to promote and market my company and brand. Secret Sushi creates everything marketing for us - our website, marketing automation system, campaigns, collateral, presentations - they are both strategic and tactical.

I work most closely with the owner of the company. I value the time and expertise he provides. In addition, I have worked with incredibly talented designers and other creative people, along with experts in marketing automation.

I have been in business for 26 years and Secret Sushi has been doing our marketing for more than 10 of those 26. I think this speaks volumes about the success of our work together. Secret Sushi is always innovating - looking for new and better ways to marketing our brand.

We work extremely effectively together. We have regular meetings and the people at Secret Sushi are always available for additional needs and questions in between.

They really care about the success of my company. They don't give mere lip service to caring. They put in the time and effort it takes to create and maintain by brand. That type of dedication to the customer is rare and valuable.

I am 100% satisfied with the service I get from Secret Sushi. If I wasn't, I would have changed agencies years ago.

Content Marketing for SaaS Company

"They are a true partner that not only cares about our success but pushes us to succeed."

May 2019 - Ongoing

Secret Sushi, Inc provided digital and content marketing services for a computer software company. The team creates e-books, blogs, and briefs, as well as managing the client's social media presence.

VP Marketing, Computer Software Company

The engagement has led to an increase in brand awareness and blog traffic. Secret Sushi, Inc is organized and responsive, establishing a smooth workflow. The team is hard-working, talented, and attentive.

I am the VP of Marketing at a SaaS company. Our analytics solutions help IT executives gain visibility to improve their business performance.

For what projects/services did your company hire Secret Sushi, Inc?

When I joined the company, I knew we needed to scale our digital marketing efforts (and do it faster than our internal team can support). I brought Secret Sushi onboard to help us accelerate at much faster pace than we could on our own.

We needed to accelerate our content marketing and social media outreach and our previous agency was not able to support us.

I have known and worked with Secret Sushi at two of my previous companies, so I knew I didn't need to look further.

The Secret Sushi team is currently powering our content marketing efforts (e-books, blog, briefs) and is managing our social media presence.

In addition to Adam (the founder and CEO), our day-to-day contact is Rai-mon. They are supported by a team of experts in their field.

Our digital presence and brand awareness have increased significantly since we started working with Secret Sushi. Not only has our blog traffic more than doubled, but their efforts are significantly contributing to helping us build pipeline.

Very smooth. Our weekly calls keep us in lockstep and they're always responsive to urgent requests.

None I can think of.

Extremely responsive
    Very reasonable, especially for the SF bay area,
    Top notch!

SEO & Digital Marketing for Facilities Service Organization

"The workflow has worked well for us and their team."

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

Secret Sushi, Inc provided SEO services and website management for a facility services organization. They helped increase website visibility and grow leads.

San Antonio, Texas
Shelby Scholze
Marketing Content Manager, ISS Guckenheimer

Secret Sushi, Inc successfully increased website traffic. Stakeholders at the company were highly supportive of the process. Leads have also increased. The workflow, response time, and communication were all well-manicured.

I am a marketing content manager for a facility services organization that provides non-core services to large corporations. Our services include cleaning, technical, support services, food services, and security services.

For what projects/services did your company hire Secret Sushi, Inc?

Secret Sushi is helping with our digital marketing efforts and focused on our SEO and website management.

Improve our website visibility and grow our leads.

We met a member of Secret Sushi at a continued learning session and the organization's purpose aligned with our goals.

Offer SEO support and manage our website design. Help with the development of our advertisement campaigns.

We work with 2 people from Secret Sushi, Adam and Steve. They are great!!

We have seen an increase in our website traffic and support from our executives. We have also seen an increase in website leads. They have helped implement a solution to track leads that come through the website.

The workflow has worked well for us and their team. We have meetings every 2 weeks to make sure our tasks and goals are aligned.

Their response time is great and they have a large amount of knowledge. They take the time to help us understand their approach and solution.

Offer a detailed list of tasks in progress that we can follow the flow of work to ensure our goals are met.

Content & Social Media Strategy for Tech Research Company

"They're focused on ensuring customer success and have an upfront attitude."

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

After defining a tech research company's outreach goals, Secret Sushi has capitalized on existing social web properties to gather data on target audiences. They repurpose past content to better engage users.

Roy Chua
Founder & Principal, AvidThink

Not only has the team helped internal stakeholders gain a clearer understanding of their target audience, but they've also shown the staff how to better understand their traffic data. They're diligent about recording video updates to explain reports, and were candid about their capabilities. They now support digital campaigns for a partner site. This review was originally 5 stars overall. It was updated by the client on June 1, 2020.

I'm the founder of a technology research and analysis company. We work with Global 2000 technology companies, enterprises and telecommunication service providers, helping them with technology trend analysis as well as technology report publishing.

For what projects/services did your company hire Secret Sushi, Inc?

We were looking for assistance in content marketing and social media strategies.

To help improve our reach and penetration of our target audiences.

I had worked with Secret Sushi at my previous company, where I engaged them in website design and SEO services.

We worked with the Secret Sushi principals on defining the goals of our outreach, the target audience and the social channels. The Secret Sushi team were able to help us instrument our web properties to gather the necessary information about current audiences.

They also worked with us on the social channels to help segment and identify the classes of people who were trying to reach. Beyond that, they helped us repurpose and reuse existing content to effectively reach the audience.

Worked with the principals of the firm, who managed and handled all communications and also delegated and managed the team to deliver..

We already have a much clearer understanding of the target audience and better insight into visitors into our web properties. We're currently working on running programs to see the size of the impact.

Communication with their team was effective--I prefer weekly F2Fs and emails over real-time communication (it makes it more effective for my team).

Secret Sushi was innovative in recording video updates along with screen recordings so we could view those at our leisure. It was useful for my team to see how they navigated the different dashboards and tools to pull the appropriate statistics.

They're focused on ensuring customer success and have an upfront attitude. When they were confident in the results, they said so, and if it was something they weren't sure of, they didn't try to talk their way out of it or pretend they understood it, unlike many other firms. I appreciate candor. There was no bs.

Not at this point--it's going well. And I'm not surprised since I had worked with them before.

Updated Review

This review was updated by Mike Metz Jr. (Research Program Manager, AvidThink) on June 1, 2020. The original star ratings were: Overall - 5, Quality - 4.5, Schedule - 5, Cost - 5, NPS - 5. New content is below:

AvidThink publishes research briefs and reports on infrastructure technologies. We also provide customized research and go-to-market consulting as well as a combined research brief and video package offering that covers the hottest topics in technology. I oversee end-to-end lifecycle management of all company research programs and products.

For what projects/services did your company hire Secret Sushi, Inc?

Marketing consulting, content, and social media for our newly launched partner site.

Help create a marketing campaign and promotional plan for our new site to increase pageviews, report downloads, and video views.

Secret Sushi was recommended to me by a colleague who had a positive and successful experience with them at a previous company.

Secret Sushi:

• Created social media accounts for both our site and partner sites.
  • Set up applications to help us track our site engagement including Co-Schedule, Google Analytics (including prioritizing goals), and Google Ads to name a few.
  • Created content to post across all our social media channels including 10 to 15 second video snippets pulled directly from videos we produce for our site. We have 40+ videos in total.
  • Created blog posts for our Founder and Principal Analyst to post on his personal LinkedIn account. This was meant to direct users to our site.
  • Created and ran ad campaigns.
  • Provided feedback on site design.

We worked directly with a Marketing Consultant and closely with the CEO at Secret Sushi. Their marketing consultant managed a team of people working on our campaigns.

We're now able to track engagement. Our social media channels are set up and content is being pushed out on a daily basis. Our report download number goals are being met.

The workflow between our team and Secret Sushi is very effective. Secret Sushi asks good questions about our company and products. This makes it easy for us to collaborate when they understand our brand and the direction we want to go. They are always asking how they can help.

I am impressed with the amount of knowledge and experience they have with a variety of applications including analytics, social media, marketing, and advertising. They always have a suggestion for an application we could use when we're looking for a solution.

I'm impressed with their attention to design. We used their feedback they offered while we were refreshing our website design and were pleased with the outcome.

I am impressed with their ability to generate content for us that is on brand.

Difficult to say at this point in our collaboration because our new site just launched.

Overall Score Happy we engaged with them again and looking forward to an ongoing engagement with them
    Easy to find mutually agreeable times to meet and chat.
    Cost effective. But perhaps due to past engagements with them (so we might have preferred pricing :-) )
    Attention to detail. Clarity in goals.
    Given their performance in the past and now, absolutely.

Summit Event Marketing Plan for IT & Engineering Company

"I was impressed by the breadth of resources they are able to marshall to get the job done."

Nov. 2018 - Apr. 2019

Secret Sushi, Inc was an outsourced marketing arm, handling the overall strategy and execution. One of their main successes was organizing a booth at a major tradeshow event.

Milpitas, California
Michael R Faster
CEO, Coyote Creek Consulting, Inc

The booth concept helped collect more badge scans than any other company at the event, outperforming larger booths. Secret Sushi, Inc stayed coordinated by holding regular status calls and liaising with third-party vendors involved.

I am the CEO of a professional services company that provides IT and engineering services. I have primary responsibility for Sales and Marketing.

For what projects/services did your company hire Secret Sushi, Inc?

We hired Secret Sushi as our outsourced Marketing Department. The provided us an overall strategy, execution, and anything else we needed to accomplish our marketing objectives.

We needed a creative plan to have a stand out tradeshow booth. Secret Sushi supported us from ideation through the delivery of one of the best tradeshow events we've ever had.

The vendor was referred by a trusted friend and colleague

Provide support during brainstorming for tradeshow themes. Provide project plan and all execution resources including coordination with third-party vendors(swag, tradeshow management company, etc)

I've worked with assigned engagement manager and company principals primarily as a check-in

Home run. Our smaller tradeshow booth out scanned(ie collected more badge scans) than everybody else at the show including booths 4x the size and cost!

Pretty good. Secret Sushi held regular status calls to keep us coordinated.

The need to keep growing