Expand Your Business with Searchlight Solutions

Searchlight Solutions is a performance-driven marketing agency that specializes in marketing consulting, campaign management and website development. We are the experts you need for the results you want!

2008
Pleasanton, CA
  • 7011 Koll Center Parkway #170
    Pleasanton, CA 94566

Website Redesign for Martial Arts Studio

"We loved working with them. They helped us with anything we needed."

Mar. - July 2013

Searchlight Solutions conducted a full-scale website redesign, modernizing the look and feel and incorporating user-friendly navigation elements. They also applied marketing strategies to increase exposure.

Morgan Newman
General Manager, East West Kung Fu

Since the revamp, the site’s number of inquiries has increased 5x, and visitors have expressed appreciation for its improved accessibility. Searchlight Solutions’ efficient workflow, timely suggestions, and attentive communication encouraged a positive outcome for all involved.

I’m the general manager of East West Kung Fu, which is a system of martial arts schools in multiple locations. We’ve been in business since 1967.

What challenge were you trying to address with Searchlight Solutions?

We originally went to Searchlight for marketing purposes to get more exposure. They ended up redoing our website in order to drive more traffic to the site. Most of our business has been through referrals, but we wanted to increase our audience. Searchlight was our first attempt at marketing our schools. It’s been very successful.

We needed clarity on our goals, and Searchlight helped us with that. After talking to them, we knew what we wanted to focus on. They redesigned the website from scratch, making it more user-friendly and easily accessible. The look completely changed for the better. They made our website responsive and modernized. We offer traditional Chinese martial arts, so we had a traditional look, but it was becoming very outdated. Our old website focused on information and history, so they helped us with the content. We now have a free intro lesson page to draw people in.

How did you come to work with Searchlight Solutions?

We knew Ian [Founder, Searchlight Solutions] and what he did for a living. He’s professional and understands marketing. We’re great martial artists, but we’re not marketers.

We started working together in March of 2013, and the site was finished in July of 2013.

We track our success based on the number of inquiries, and that’s gone up 5 times from what we had before. The user feedback has been very positive.

How did Searchlight Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

We loved working with them. They helped us with anything we needed. I never had to check in to see how the work was going. They always updated us. We communicated through phone and emails.

What did you find most impressive about Searchlight Solutions?

I don’t have experience with other marketing agencies, but I do know some other vendors. The thing that stood out the most was their attentiveness. They listened to what we wanted and gave their professional opinion on the best options. They were extremely efficient in getting the site done quickly.

Are there any areas Searchlight Solutions could improve?

No, we had a positive experience with them.

Overall Score I don’t think we could’ve had a more positive experience.
    They exceeded our expectations in this area.
    The amount of business that they drove to our site was worth the investment we made.
    They provided really high-quality work that we were pleased with.
    We have referred them to other people.

Web Dev for Machine Shop

"We've more than gotten our money back 100 times."

Jan. 2016

Searchlight Solutions provided full-stack development to create a website for a family-owned machine company, completing all work within 2 weeks.

Douglas Cech
Owner, Viking Precision

The new site has raised local awareness for the shop and has resulted in more customers. Searchlight Solutions’ impressive technical skills, collaborative communication, and creative abilities contributed to a productive engagement.

Viking Precision is small, family-owned machine shop. I’m the owner.

What challenge were you trying to address with Searchlight Solutions?

We didn’t have a website to show people what we do, and we had no one on staff with expertise in building a website.

Searchlight Solutions built the frontend and backend of the website, which includes a request form so people can send emails to get a quote or ask questions about our services. I left the creative side and the content writing up to them. I let them know what pictures I liked and made sure they knew what our capabilities were as a company—the type of materials we use, the machinery we have, and who our current customers are. They incorporated that information on the site. They also included a blog. I was happy with what they did and didn’t have any edits. They were able to build the site in a timely manner. The site hasn’t had any problems.

How did you come to work with Searchlight Solutions?

I had a family friend who knew the owner of Searchlight Solutions, and he put us in contact with them. We didn’t vet out any other companies. I trusted the recommendation from my friend, and we didn't have a lot of time or experience searching for such companies.

How much have you invested with Searchlight Solutions?

We spent $1,500 on the project.

We started working with them in January of 2016, and the site was completed within two weeks.

The site has helped us on the marketing side. We’ve seen an increase in customers. The site has more than paid for itself. It’s raised awareness of our company for people who are looking for us.

How did Searchlight Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

I had an hour-long conversation with them about what I wanted on the site, and they managed everything from there. I liked what they came up with, and we went with that. I was in communication with two people; one was doing the images, and one handled the content.

What did you find most impressive about Searchlight Solutions?

The speed at which they were able to build the site was impressive. I also liked the pictures they came up with.

Are there any areas Searchlight Solutions could improve?

No, I’m happy with everything and wouldn’t change anything.

Overall Score It was pretty smooth. I made a phone call and had a few emails about the content. From there, the site was up. It was very good.
    They’re very quick. When they wanted a call, they scheduled it and were on time.
    We’ve more than gotten our money back 100 times. It worked out well.
    They took on the project and had it started and finished within two weeks. I was happy with everything they did.
    I like the service that I got and the quick responses, which is why I would recommend them.