A digital agency that grows businesses

BRONZE VERIFIED

Search & Gather is a digital marketing agency that works with startups and SMBs to develop a plan to achieve measurable results from their digital advertising. This involves getting clients on the most relevant networks, with accurate audience targeting, engaging creative and precise tracking for all campaigns.

• 18 Hook Ave
    Toronto, ON M6P 1T4

Ecobee, Shutterstock Custom, RBC Ventures, Top Hat, QuickTapSurvey, HeyOrca!, Swept, FlipGive, Ten Spot, FanExpo.

TopHat Case Study Image

TopHat Case Study

OPPORTUNITIES

We brought Top Hat new ideas and approaches to their marketing that they were hesitant to try before. We knew that in order to increase conversions, we had to target qualified leads with the right messaging.

PAID SOCIAL

Top Hat was unsure whether paid social would be a worthwhile investment. We worked with their team testing creative and audiences to finally achieve success on the

paid social channels.

STRATEGY

Existing campaigns were targeting elementary and high school teachers, but with our strategy we knew we'd have to specifically target university professors. We used a variety of platforms, notably LinkedIn, to target people with the correct job title.

We started building our audiences around self-declared professors as a safe way to ensure we were getting the qualified leads we were after. Once consistent performance started coming through, we broadened our audiences to lookalikes which allowed us to scale our performance significantly. Once we established our audience, we started testing new platforms, including Instagram, LinkedIn, and Spotify.

890% INCREASE IN PAID CONVERSIONS

42% DECREASE IN CPL

HiMama Case Study Image

HiMama Case Study

We built HiMama’s paid social accounts, and tested copy and imagery to find the optimal combinations to increase conversions. One of our headlines, “HiMama is a Daycare Owner’s Dream,” is a high performer and remains one of their winning headlines to this day. In addition, we worked to flesh out their Google search campaigns, introducing new copy and adopting more sophisticated targeting

methods.

+300

APP INSTALLS PER WEEK

60X

INCREASE IN WEEKLY LEAD VOLUME

Social Media Mktg & Ad Campaign Training for Market & Cafe

“They wanted to make sure that we knew what we were doing and could manage on our own.”

Mar. - Oct. 2020

Search & Gather created Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns to further promote a market and café. After setting everything up, they trained the internal team on how to manage the campaigns themselves.

Aline Taillefer
Owner, The Island Jar

Analytics showed an increase in engagement and ROI directly related to the campaigns, and the market saw increased foot traffic, too. Search & Gather was communicative throughout the engagement. Not to mention, they put a vested effort in creating sustainable growth even after the project ended.

I’m the owner of The Island Jar. We’re a whole food market and café located on Manitoulin Island. Our business does in-store and online sales for local food and groceries.

What challenge were you trying to address with Search & Gather?

A year ago, we’d launched an e-commerce shop but hadn’t done a lot of promotion around it. We hired Search & Gather to help us improve our online presence through a host of digital marketing strategies.

Search & Gather helped us start social media campaigns, mostly through Instagram and Facebook. After setting up the campaign management platform, they trained us on how to manage our social ads on our own as well as how to optimize our spend.

I worked with Doug (Co-Founder) and Amanda (Project Manager & Digital Strategist). Amanda set up the campaigns for us and led the training afterward. She also put together analytics reports to show our campaign progress.

How did you come to work with Search & Gather?

One of my husband’s clients had worked with Search & Gather to do some marketing campaigns, so they came highly recommended.

It was between $7,500–$10,000.

We worked with them between March–October 2020. Our most recent project wrapped up about a week ago, but, if we have more projects down the road, we’ll definitely use them again.

They were quite successful, all in all. With our analytics, we could see the engagement we were getting on different posts as well as the ROI, which were the sales we made that were directly attributed to the campaigns.

I’d also say that we definitely heard a lot of people mentioning our social campaigns. In the past, we hadn’t done much advertising — it was more just posting organically on social media. We’re a small business in a small town, so it was pretty easy to tell that we saw new customers coming through. And, having a growing online presence was especially helpful during the pandemic.

How did Search & Gather perform from a project management standpoint?

We were very pleased with their project management. They did weekly touchpoints via Zoom where they would check in and give us updates on their plans for the week. I found that they were really good at managing timelines and keeping us looped in on what they were doing on their end.

The communication speed was great, too. Anytime I had a quick question, they would respond to my call or email within the same day. They were also good at showing me how to set up campaigns. To me, that showed that they were invested in setting us up for continued success.

Again, communication was huge. I’m pretty new to the whole social media marketing side of things, so I appreciated that they educated us to the extent that they did.

I can’t imagine any other agency that would focus so much effort on making sure we were primed for success since they wouldn’t be paid after the project ends. They wanted to make sure that we knew what we were doing and could manage on our own.

No, I can’t think of an area that I wished they’d done better.

You’ve got to have a clear idea of the results you want to achieve with each campaign to understand if they’re successful. For us, those definitions evolved as we went through the process, and Search & Gather was helpful in guiding us to find the right targets.

Performance Digital Marketing for Banking Innovation Hub

“They always meet their deadlines, worked late, and went above and beyond to meet some tight schedules.”

May 2018 - Ongoing

Search & Gather handles messaging for PPC campaigns and paid social ads. They tested and optimized messaging to increase the ads’ click through rate.

Rodrigo Fernandez
Senior Manager, Growth Marketing

Collaborating with their partners, Search & Gather helped lower the cost per acquisition. The team was always open to communication. They were passionate about the project’s success and worked hard to ensure a positive outcome.

I’m part of RBC Ventures, one of the digital innovation hubs of Royal Bank of Canada, which is the country’s largest bank by market capitalization. I’m the senior manager of growth for one of the ventures within RBC Ventures. I manage growth for GarbageDay, which is one of the ventures at RBC.

What challenge were you trying to address with Search & Gather?

They’re our performance marketing agency, and I work with them to run our paid marketing.

Search & Gather’s scope is limited to PPC and paid social. We’ve been working with them hand in hand, and I manage a lot of the strategy in place.

They’ve been helping me a lot with click-through rate optimization on the ads, and this played a key role during the early months of the pandemic. We needed to test various messages in a very fast manner, and expand our reach across Canada at the same time. Search & Gather played a key role in that, providing me really good recommendations for messaging

I’m mainly working with Amanda (Digital Strategist), who’s our account executive. Michael (Digital Designer) is also on the team, and he’s been working on some of the graphics. I talk to them on a daily basis.

How did you come to work with Search & Gather?

They were there since before my time with the company. My company is a megabank, so they have many agencies, and they chose Search & Gather because of their reputation and existing relationships.

We started working with Search & Gather in May 2018, and it’s ongoing.

The success of the collaboration depends on the metrics that I’m accountable to, namely click-through rates, conversion rates, and CPA, and this is also how I measure Search & Gather.

They were very thoughtful in terms of structuring the accounts, particularly Facebook Ads. They were looking at the numbers on a daily basis, sometimes multiple times per day, and working to optimize our messages and improve our click-through rate. Ultimately, that drove our CPA down.

How did Search & Gather perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re amazing. I personally love Amanda. She’s always open to communicate and collaborate. They always meet their deadlines, worked late, and went above and beyond to meet some tight schedules. They’ve done a magnificent job. We have weekly meetings via Google Hangouts, and we chat almost daily via Slack. I have a Slack channel just for them.  They give me weekly and monthly reports.

It’s their passion for making this project successful.

They can always improve their creative asset design. Search & Gather has an amazing performance marketing team, and they know their marketing channels well from a technical standpoint, but they could improve the graphic design aspect of things. I’ve personally seen an improvement here over the past 14 months, but there’s still more room for improvement.

It’s important to have weekly meetings and to leverage a communication platform that gives them easy accessibility.

Digital Marketing Services for Organic Food Manufacturer

“They’re really creative individuals who are focused on driving every penny of spend to some value.”

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Search & Gather manages a food manufacturer’s PPC and paid social initiatives. They oversee campaigns, do monthly SEO maintenance, and provide general digital marketing consultation and advisement services.

Dan Latka
Director of Sales & Marketing, Crofter's Foods LTD

The client reports significantly increased web traffic, lower cost-per-clicks, and successful remarketing efforts, which can be attributed to Search & Gather’s creative approach and effective strategy. The team manages the project well and brings cutting-edge digital knowledge to the partnership.

We’re a manufacturer of organic food products. We based in Canada and distribute products in both the US and Canada, as well as some international markets. I’m a co-owner and the director of sales and marketing.

What challenge were you trying to address with Search & Gather?

We had been working with a US-based agency providing similar services, and we just weren’t getting the results that we were looking for. We also wanted to bring the supply of this service to Canada, versus having it in the US.

Search & Gather provides us with continuous management of our online advertisement services, so PPC and paid social initiatives. They also do some monthly SEO maintenance and overview for us.

They assist us in a number of facets, and they provide a lot of general consulting and advisement on what we should be looking at or considering. They’re always willing to point us in the right direction if we ask questions.

I’d say there are 2–4 people involved. Our primary contact is Amanda (Digital Strategist), and then Michael (Digital Designer) does a lot of the design work. We have frequent contact with Doug (Co-Founder & Creative Director).

How did you come to work with Search & Gather?

I looked at local options through online search and reached out to a few different firms. I had a good feeling about Search & Gather after talking to some references and seeing how they had their company displayed online.

We have a monthly retainer with them that comes in at about $5,300 CAD (approximately $4,000 USD). We’ve been working with them for about eight months, so the total would be around $40,000 (approximately $30,200 USD). That doesn’t include our media budget.

Our work together began in quarter one of 2020, and it’s ongoing.

We have a harder time measuring direct impact because we don’t sell online. However, what I can say is that our web traffic has increased significantly since we switched from the previous agency. Additionally, the optimization of our paid campaigns online has improved, so we’re seeing better cost-per-clicks as well as retention of visitors with remarketing initiatives. We’re really pleased with the strategy that they’ve brought to the table.

How did Search & Gather perform from a project management standpoint?

I’d give them an excellent rating there. Amanda is the spearhead of it all, and she’s really on the ball. She’s very good at taking notes and following up on conversations, so I never feel like I have to scramble to get things together. We primarily communicate via email, but we do have biweekly progress and update calls.

Their outside-of-the-box, strategic approach to utilizing funds is impressive. We spend roughly $10,000–$12,000 CAD (approximately $7,500–9,000 USD) a month on PPC, and they look at that and really try to make every penny work. They don’t go with the standard approach that a lot of other agencies take. They’re really creative individuals who are focused on driving every penny of spend to some value.

Honestly, I’d have a hard time criticizing anything right now. We’ve had really good success with the program. The fees are reasonable, and the people are good.

Definitely leverage their expertise and their outside-of-the-box, creative approach to doing things. They bring a lot of New Age knowledge of how things are changing in the digital world. They’re a younger organization with individuals on the younger side running it, so they bring a lot to the table as far as knowing what’s changing in the digital world and how to leverage these things best.

It’s hard to gauge, because we don’t have a lot of reference points. However, compared to our previous agency, it’s definitely a 5.
    An area that could use some improvement is a more refined touch with some of the digital assets that they produce. Otherwise, it’s been excellent.

PPC & Paid Social Advertising for Online Home Decor Business

"They’re with us every step of the way in terms of our growth."

Oct. 2019 - Ongoing

Search & Gather created and launched digital marketing campaigns for an online home decor business. The team developed a keyword strategy and a print brochure. They direct PPC and paid social ad campaigns.

Co-Founder & Marketing Lead, Online Home Decor Business

The brochure satisfies internal and external stakeholders, receiving positive feedback from customers. Search & Gather encourages collaboration and provides tools that enable total transparency. A dedicated partner, they continuously iterate to generate growth, which ensures a lasting partnership.

I’m the co-founder of an online home decor business. I also lead marketing for the organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with Search & Gather?

We needed to launch our brand, so we started working with them from the organization's early stages.

Search & Gather helped us to build and launch our digital marketing campaigns from scratch. They worked with us to determine how our brand collateral would translate best into the digital space. Their team created our keyword strategy. They work on PPC and paid social ad campaigns for platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.

They also did a bit of print creative design work for us. Their team created a print brochure. It’s hard to have a digital representation of colors created and they helped us develop a brochure with print accurate colors. Their team worked with a printing partner to make sure that the digital/printed colors matched the actual color the customer would receive.

We have three primary contacts: Kristian (Senior Digital Strategist), Michael (Designer & CRO Specialist), and Doug (Co-Founder).

How did you come to work with Search & Gather?

One of their clients provided a referral and said that Search & Gather would find a way to make digital marketing work for us.

We’ve spent between $50,000–$100,000 on their services.

We started with them in October 2019, and the partnership’s ongoing.

They focus on hitting our ROAS (return on ad spend) and revenue goals.  Their team’s transparent about campaign outcomes, which makes the relationship strong. We have also received a ton of great feedback on the brochure.

How did Search & Gather perform from a project management standpoint?

They set up accounts that provide me with full insights into the backend of social + search ads. Their team also gives weekly high-level reports. They’re very responsive in their communications. If their team needs to look into a question, they will tell us an appropriate timeframe of when they’ll get back to us. They don’t avoid any questions. Search & Gather's also proactive about trying new strategies and making recommendations.

We’ve been working with the same team members since the beginning of our relationship with Search & Gather, which has been great.

They’re ready for anything. Their team takes on projects based on what they think will be best for us. They’re with us every step of the way in terms of our growth. Their insights into digital marketing trends are very helpful. I can’t say enough good things about working with them.

No, I can’t say there’s anything for them to improve.

Treat them like a partner. Give them as much information as possible. Be direct about the results you want, and they’ll readily answer them with a plan.

Digital Strategy Optimization for Smart Products Company

“Month over month, year over year, we’re doing better and they made me look good.”

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Search & Gather manages paid digital campaigns for a smart home products company. Managing several different channels, they track data and make changes in order to drive sales.

Digital Marketing Manager, Smart Products Company

Search & Gather was able to significantly reduce the cost per acquisition and increase the return on ad spend. They consistently implement effective and cost-efficient digital strategies. True partners, they’re easy to get in touch with.

We’re a smart home company. We make smart thermostats and home monitoring products. I’m the digital marketing manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with Search & Gather?

Before working with them, we were spending a lot of money on driving traffic, but it wasn’t effective and our cost per acquisition was very high.

I work with Search & Gather to run all of our paid digital campaigns and a slew of different channels, with the objective of driving e-commerce sales. They’ve been able to make tweaks based on data, and it has had an impact over time.

I worked with Amanda (Digital Strategist), Michael (Operations Director), Kristian (Senior Digital Strategist), and a designer named Michael (Designer & CRO Strategist).

How did you come to work with Search & Gather?

I was brought on after Search & Gather started on the project. My understanding is that there was an RFP process and we considered several different agencies. Search & Gather stood out because we wanted to work with a small agency that felt like an extension of our team. We didn’t want to feel like just another client. We wanted a partner that was very hands-on.

We’ve spent about $100,000 in agency fees.

We started working together in January 2020 and our partnership is ongoing.

We’ve reduced our cost per acquisition from $700 to $40–$50, so it’s more affordable. Just about every metric we track has been improved, such as cost per impression (CPM), cost per click (CPC), cost per rating point (CPR), and return on ad spend. Month over month, year over year, we’re doing better and they made me look good.

How did Search & Gather perform from a project management standpoint?

I feel as though I don’t need to micromanage them. They’re easy to get ahold of. The main day-to-day takes place over Slack. Any other objective-based thing is usually sent via email. We touch base weekly to go over how things are going. It’s uncommon that I don’t hear from them at least once a day.

They know their strengths and they’re true to that. They’re a true partner. It doesn’t feel like I’m working with a paid agency; it feels like I’m working with teammates, and that makes a huge difference.

I would like to work with them in more ways in addition to paid digital. They’re a small agency, and there’s definitely an opportunity to grow in the scope and channels we use. I believe in their work culture, so more opportunities to work with them would be great.

Early in, I came in ready to take the reins. I was very eager, but the best thing I could have done was to trust them in what they do and give them the power to do it.

Target Audience Research for Marketing Research Firm

"Their work ethic stands out to us."

Dec. 2018 - Ongoing

Search & Gather provides research into target audiences for a marketing research and consulting firm. The team searches and accesses niche consumers to convert into survey participants for third-party clients.

Mike Bone
Vice President, BrandSpark International

Search & Gather provides valuable support that streamlines processes and reaches target audiences to successfully achieve project goals. The team adapts its strategies to address the unique challenges of each project. Their dedication and conscientious approach to budgets ensure ongoing engagement.

We’re a marketing research and consulting firm. We use consumer data to help clients make decisions on product launches, advertising campaigns, pricing, and customer satisfaction.

What challenge were you trying to address with Search & Gather?

We had difficulty finding the right people to talk to for our surveys. This was especially difficult when the surveys involved hard to reach populations. Some of our clients specialize in niche products and finding people who buy those products was a big challenge. We had run out of runway with our other partners.

Search & Gather helps us to reach more of our clients' niche consumers. Their team reaches target audiences that are ideal consumers for our clients. They also help us convert consumers into survey respondents.

Their team leverages their knowledge of how to seek out audiences and refine the background to find the optimal consumer. Once they have a process, they scale it up. Now, their team’s built into almost all of our proposals.

Typically, we communicate with 2–3 people from Search & Gather.

How did you come to work with Search & Gather?

We found them through our network. We both operate in Toronto. We approached Search & Gather because they’re experts at targeting and audience building and optimization. We approached them with a beta test and it was an exceptional experience.

We started working with them in December 2018, and it’s an ongoing engagement.

Search & Gather essentially makes each project easier. Whereas before we might’ve struggled to hit our targets using the sources we had, they’ve helped us to meet our targets quicker. Their team also helps us to reduce costs.

How did Search & Gather perform from a project management standpoint?

Search & Gather leans into an iterative approach in managing a project. Their team’s thoughtful along the way. They don’t come to the table and push a standard approach.

They’re responsive and keep to deadlines. Their team’s rational in their recommendations for spending our budget. They help us to best spend our budget on targeting an audience.

They’re true partners, so we don’t see them as a vendor. It’s easy and enjoyable to work with their team. Search & Gather goes the extra step on almost every project with us.

Their work ethic stands out to us. They also care about doing good work. It’s hard to find people who are passionate like them.

No, nothing stands out. For an agency like them, it’s important to stay up to date on the latest methods, which they do.

First and foremost, give them a try. I understand that new approaches can be difficult to sell to clients, but I advise you to give them a try at least once.

This isn't an issue with them but be clear with your expectations. Be as detailed as possible because the more details you give them, the more creative they can be in their process.

Media Planning & Ad Management for Design Services Company

“Their team offers the flexibility that we need to operate in the ways we prefer.”

Sep. 2019 - Ongoing

Search & Gather actively handles all aspects of paid search and social for an enterprise design services company. In their work, they focused on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google, and Bing.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Amrita Mathur
Vice President of Marketing

Establishing a long-term relationship with their partner, the team continues to deliver ads and placements that drive consumers toward the company. In addition to generating increased qualified leads, they’ve added value by accommodating preferred communication and work styles.

I run marketing at a technology-enabled design services company. We use a slightly newer business model and sell to enterprise businesses.

What challenge were you trying to address with Search & Gather?

We wanted to rapidly learn from our market before launching planned paid search programs.

After I offered the project to them, we scoped out the work together. They’re now in charge of all paid search and social with our company. That includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, and Bing. We’re trying to leave no stone unturned with them, investing time in all major social and search platforms. Going forward, we’re looking to experiment with YouTube and Pinterest.

We have a single day-to-day contact. However, because this is an ongoing partnership, we’ve likely worked with the entire company. They all contribute.

How did you come to work with Search & Gather?

Before I joined, we were using paid search, but I had a gut feeling that we should love to a more outbound model by testing several different messages. I wanted to work with someone who knew Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter inside and out. I’d worked with them before in a previous role and knew they could handle the work.

We spent under $10,000 each month with them. It’s a flat monthly fee.

We started working together in September 2019, and our collaboration is ongoing.

In the first few months of our collaboration, we launched our new brand, website, and pricing. We launched the bulk of our new branding materials in September 2019. Shortly after, we launched their paid programs. Even in the first few weeks, we saw great results. We’ve been scaling since then.

We track, discuss, and adjust metrics on a weekly basis. They’re good a reporting to meet my desired style. That way, we’re able to make several informed real-time decisions together. It’s a work in progress as they ramp up and learn more about our business.

How did Search & Gather perform from a project management standpoint?

We have a Slack channel but get most of our work done during our weekly meeting over Google Hangouts. I enjoy the rigor of that communication structure.

They haven’t been too stringent about where they put their effort, which is great because we’re constantly pivoting. Their team offers the flexibility that we need to operate in the ways we prefer. The boutique nature of their work makes them ideal for this type of project.

There are several other channels that we may want to try in the future, but they don’t have experience with certain channels. In those cases, they wouldn’t be able to help us with the work. It would be nice if they could develop expertise in new areas.

I made sure to schedule a half-day kickoff meeting with them to ensure that they understood our business inside and out. That day involved brainstorming sessions and top-line messages. After that day, the tone was set for the rest of the project. We also met in December 2019 to bond, which was nice because they’re such an integral part of our operation. It’s helpful to do those things to embed them into your day-to-day. That’s what builds long-term relationships.

They were great at managing schedules.
    I appreciate their flat-fee structure.
    I’ve already recommended them several times.

Digital Marketing for Electronic Eyewear Company

"I save so much time by working with them, and they move even quicker than I anticipated."

Sep. 2019 - Ongoing

Search & Gather delivers Google and Facebook PPC for a firm that sells a medical device for the visually impaired. Additional services include lead-generation strategy and landing page design.

Eric Down
Sr. Digital Mktg. Specialist, eSight Eyewear

Search & Gather significantly reduced the cost per lead for paid ads on both Facebook and Google. Flexible and responsive, the team maintains open lines of communication to foster a harmonious partnership. Customers can expect a proactive, dedicated approach that includes strategic considerations.

I’m a senior digital marketing specialist at a company called eSight Eyewear. We make electronic glasses for the visually impaired. We’ve developed a proprietary technology that helps individuals accomplish daily tasks and participate in activities. I’m responsible for our lead generation efforts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Search & Gather?

We realized that we needed a smaller agency that could operate on the same timeline as us. Our previous agency was very bureaucratic, and we wanted a new partner that could dive in fully to the details of our digital marketing strategy, while still moving at the same pace as us.

To be more specific, we wanted a company that, if we presented an idea on Monday, could be executing on a plan by Wednesday, as opposed to going through multiple review processes. We also wanted more efficient testing of new concepts.

We started with a Facebook advertising test to understand their ability to generate leads through social media. They knocked it out of the park, which led us to give them access to our Google Ads the next month. On top of doing that PPC work, they’ve also been able to support us with other services, like landing page design.

Amanda (Digital Strategist, Search & Gather) is our account manager. She’s my main point of contact, and I have one-on-one meetings with her every week. At the beginning of the partnership, I worked closely with Doug (Creative Director and Co-Founder, Search & Gather). He’ll step in and help us with big-picture discussions, but Amanda handles the day-to-day operations. Michael (Digital Designer, Search & Gather) does creative and technical work for us.

How did you come to work with Search & Gather?

We’ve been struggling with our search advertising and decided to start looking for a new agency. Search & Gather popped up in my initial Google search, and that gave me the impression that they probably knew a thing or two about search advertising.

I looked at five different agencies, but Search & Gather ranked higher and had a more beautiful website than all of the others. They were also responsive as soon as I reached out. When I talked to Doug, he told me about the company’s values, and I got the sense that everyone there feels super invested. The culture and the fact that they seemed trustworthy was a welcome change from the agency we had at the time.

For the Facebook ads, we pay about $6,000 CAD (approximately $4,500 USD) per month. There was an initial $3,000 CAD (approximately $2,200 USD) set up fee, which put us at a total of $9,000 CAD (approximately $6,700 USD) in September. Once we added search ads, the total monthly cost grew to about $9,125 CAD ($6,800 USD).

We started working with Search & Gather in September 2019, and the partnership is ongoing.

Because our product is niche, our cost per lead is relatively high compared to other targets in the market that we’re targeting. That being said, within the first month, Search & Gather was able to cut down our Facebook cost per lead by more than 50%. When we added Google Ads, we saw dramatic improvements there as well.

Even with other projects, like with the call scheduling on the landing page, they’ve been able to improve our connection rate from 25% to 35%. We’ve also seen a significant improvement in the quality of the leads, which means that the higher volume is translating into a positive impact on our business. With our previous agency, we were paying double and getting probably half the value.

How did Search & Gather perform from a project management standpoint?

Search & Gather works as hard as we do, seemingly at all hours of the day. They’re always willing to jump on a call to clarify, and they have a holistic view of the lead generation process.

Our previous agency just managed our budget and ad spend; they relied on us to develop creative and handle our Salesforce backend. We also had to create and manage our own landing pages. Having Search & Gather has been a huge improvement from that. They’ve been able to integrate everything well through Salesforce, often pulling reports to show us the results of their testing.

We use email to stay in contact, and I always get a response right away, no matter the time. We have a weekly meeting cadence, and usually at least one additional call per week. Search & Gather is always willing to go above and beyond, much more so than our previous provider. For example, right now, have our project manager Amanda working with our chatbot provider to fill in gaps from a technical perspective. We would’ve never gotten that from our other agency.

They’re very aware that our next challenge will be improving lead quality, and they’re constantly coming up with experiments and recommendations. Their ability to move quickly and solve problems has been extremely beneficial. Most other agencies don’t have that kind of proactive, dedicated approach.

I love the fact that I can offload core responsibilities to their team because it frees me up to do more strategic work. For example, I used to handle all of our manual reporting myself, and I found myself always updating our previous provider about A/B test results and landing page edits. We faced a ton of incongruencies because it was so hard to keep everyone aligned with the overall strategy.

With Search & Gather, I don’t have to worry about any of that. They do creative work in-house, they A/B test their copy, they test their landing pages, and they’re always optimizing towards our sales goals. I save so much time by working with them, and they move even quicker than I anticipated.

I’ve only worked with one other agency, so it’s hard to compare, but I think they could benefit from understanding our backend and our organic rankings as well. Granted, we only hired them to do paid ads, but organic leads are a part of that overall strategy. That’s just a suggestion though; I have no complaints.

Take advantage of how hard they work. Search & Gather has the capacity to give you high returns within a short timeline. Let them handled the basics, and you’ll be freed up to work on strategy. If you trust them and give them a clear direction, they’ll deliver excellent work for you.

Overall Score They were great.

Subcontracted Digital Marketing for Events Company

“They care about completing the job and doing it well.”

Oct. 2017 - Ongoing

Search & Gather is subcontracted to deliver digital marketing services for an events company. They do SEM, run ads on various platforms, and modify their approach based on changing demographics and locations.

Marcio Santos
Founder & Online Marketing Consultant, Nerd Digital

Search & Gather has accomplished several crucial objectives, including increasing ticket sales, driving ROI, and leading a transition from traditional to digital marketing. The team excels at managing expectations by executing quick turnaround times and taking scope changes in stride.

I’m the founder of Nerd Digital, an agency that specializes in SEO and analytics.

What challenge were you trying to address with Search & Gather?

Our main objective for all of our clients is to increase ticket sales. One of our clients runs a series of events across the U.S. and Canada, and they needed help targeting certain demographics and driving ticket sales in specific locations. They also wanted to move away from more traditional marketing, like print, to digital.

We subcontracted our client’s digital marketing needs to Search & Gather. Although my company specializes in SEO, we didn’t have the expertise or agility to deliver the scope of services that our client required. They also made a lot of change requests and wanted to be on several platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.

Our client’s target demographics have varied over the past three years, and Search & Gather has tailored their digital marketing approach accordingly. They do SEO and run ads on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Google. The team also helps with influencer marketing.

I’ve worked with Drew (Operations Director and Founder, Search & Gather) and Amanda (Digital Strategist, Search & Gather).

How did you come to work with Search & Gather?

I found them through my network. When my client reached out to me for SEO work, I passed this work on to Search & Gather. I already had a trusting relationship with Drew, so I decided to give them a try.

Our account management fees have varied between $1,000–$5,900 CAD (approximately $750–$4,450 USD). We started with a small contract of less than $2,000 CAD (approximately $1,500 USD) for a show in Boston. Since then, the budgets have grown. We’ve had contracts for more than $30,000 CAD (approximately $22,600 USD) for a single show. We’re planning to do a bigger contract this month.

We started working with Search & Gather in October 2017, and it’s ongoing.

Based on previous reports and Google Ads Manager, Search & Gather has driven a 20–100% ROI. Despite the changing requirements and wide-ranging scope of our client’s work, Search & Gather has delivered on everything they’ve wanted. They’ve led the transition from traditional to digital marketing.

How did Search & Gather perform from a project management standpoint?

We use email, phone, and WhatsApp to communicate with Search & Gather, and it’s been exceptional. Our client’s team is very large, and their internal communications are complicated because they don’t use any type of cloud service to manage their documents. Instead, all of their talent is on a single Excel sheet, which makes it difficult to begin the process of organizing a new show. If we need to make a change to the show, we must contact around twenty people. Our client’s email threads are often long and disorganized. Search & Gather has done an exceptional job navigating this tough contract.

We have short turnaround times for getting our ads live, and these ads often undergo a lot of changes. For instance, if a celebrity cannot attend a show due to unforeseen circumstances, the show’s organizer needs to replace the person and run different ad campaigns. We may know three weeks or just twenty minutes in advance. Search & Gather has been super flexible and makes these changes quickly, which isn’t something we’ve been able to find anywhere else.

Search & Gather has also gone above and beyond with influencer marketing. Our client had an agreement with an influencer marketing agency, but they didn’t do a great job managing the relationship once the deal was brokered. Search & Gather stepped in to make sure that everything was executed and delivered.  I cannot overstate the value of that. They care about completing the job and doing it well.

Our client wanted to experiment with different ways of advertising on Facebook, such as boosting posts instead of just running ads through Ads Manager. Search & Gather enabled our client to do so, even though we didn’t achieve the results we were looking for.

I think they’re doing as well as they can be with this client. They’ve made recommendations and requests, but the client is just a bit slow to adapt.

I would advise leaning on them. They’re smart and responsible, so clients shouldn’t be afraid to go to Search & Gather to delegate how things are going to get done. Give them a goal, and let them figure out how to do it. Don’t tell them that you want Instagram or something else; allow them to understand who you’re targeting and what you have that’s special, and they’ll do the rest.

This is probably their best attribute. They’re super affordable.

Digital Strategy for Entertainment Agency

“Their friendly, casual company culture perfectly matches our style.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Search & Gather spearheaded a full SEM and digital advertising overhaul, taking charge of all online strategy. They continue to improve the site’s presence on search engines and social media.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Partner, Entertainment Agency

The ongoing implementations are increasing online conversions, creating a consistent lead flow. Their work has also attracted the attention of large organizations. The team stays on top of the project, communicating proactively and using critical thinking to develop unique strategies.

I’m a partner at an entertainment agency focused on speakers. We also do brand campaigns and celebrity endorsements.

What challenge were you trying to address with Search & Gather?

We wanted to improve our online presence, primarily on Google. We’d been in the industry for a long time, but we didn’t have a ton of experience with optimizing websites. Search & Gather came in to address that challenge.

They delivered digital advertising and full SEM services to our company. We were looking to drive traffic and leads toward our site, so Search & Gather has optimized our site on Google and Bing. They’ve also tested some strategy on Facebook and LinkedIn, experimenting to see what takes and what doesn’t.

I worked primarily with Michael (Digital Designer, Search & Gather) and Doug (Co-Founder & Creative Director, Search & Gather) on the project, but there were definitely others on their team working on it too.

How did you come to work with Search & Gather?

Doug and I previously worked in the same building. We reconnected at a tech industry event, and I brought the project up. He showed interest, so I reached out to them feeling confident in their capabilities and price point. We also appreciated their apparent willingness to work hard on our behalf.

We spend between $1,200–$1,500 with them every month.

The project started in November 2017, and the work is ongoing. They’re our go-to partner in this area of work.

We’ve seen great lead flow as a result of their work. Our online presence has attracted the attention of high-level organizations that otherwise would be very difficult to engage with. We’ve been able to drive a very consistent flow of work to our company through the SEM implementations, as opposed to the scattered leads we got before. That’s the most significant benefit.

How did Search & Gather perform from a project management standpoint?

Using email and monthly catch-up meetings to review trends and potential changes, the project has run very well. Their team turns in regular reports while maintaining a responsive, supportive professional relationship with us.

Their friendly, casual company culture perfectly matches our style. They’re realistic, fun to work with, and always get things done according to plan.

We feel like we’re in a good place with them because they're always advancing and trying out new ideas.

Like any business relationship, it’s important to build a strong foundation to rely on with partners. Additionally, it's helpful to stay in their line of sight, keeping them interested and engaged in helping your business grow.

BRONZE VERIFIED