A remote development partner for startups

We help startups build great products through dedicated software teams.  Our leadership team has over 20 years of combined experience as founders and early employees of high growth technology startups.

ScrumLaunch is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and Kharkiv, Ukraine.

Our values:

1. Prototyping & Customer Research. We place a heavy emphasis on design sprints, customer validation, and user analytics.
  2. Effective Communication. Our scrum approach places a heavy emphasis on daily communication, user stories and rapid feedback.
  3. Quality Software Development & QA. We believe in using the most modern technology, emphasizing QA automation and a disciplined deployment process

Expertise:

Web and Mobile App Development, Staff Augmentation, QA Automation, Dedicated Software Teams & HR Management, Marketing Automation.

Los Angeles, CA
  • 3953 Inglewood Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90291

A few examples include CampusReel, GoGipper, vLoop.io, Vylla.

Web Dev Partnership for Cloud Video Application

"Our development process was very smooth."

Jan. 2015 - Jan. 2017

ScrumLaunch built a responsive web application with an Angular frontend for a cloud-based video analysis platform. They also built a transcoding engine to make any video format compatible with the app.

Tony Lambropoulos
VP of Engineering, vLoop

The successful launch of the platform drew thousands of new users. ScrumLaunch also optimized CPU usage to reduce transcoding costs. Expect an accessible and responsive partner who can integrate into scrum processes remotely in order to understand and meet coding requirements.

I worked as the lead developer for the vLoop video platform until it was acquired. It was a platform used by thousands of professional and college sports teams.

For what projects/services did your company hire ScrumLaunch?

I needed development assistance for a long-term project to build a cloud-based video analysis platform and transcoding engine along with a responsive frontend.

I wanted to help sports teams of all levels use video to improve their performance.

I heard about them from a friend who had worked with them in the past.

We built a responsive web application using Angular that allowed users to interact, clip, edit, comment, and draw on moments in video. We also transcoded almost any video format, including MTS, mov, wmv, avi, to mp4, HLS and webM playback formats so that they were all web-compatible. The ScrumLaunch team assisted in co-refactoring for the frontend and optimizing AWS CPU usage to lower transcoding costs. The project scaled to hundreds of thousands of hours of uploaded video. Together with the SL team we built a scalable video transcoding engine in Go and Python and also a responsive Angular web app.

They provided a dedicated software team of seven developers which I grouped into two scrum groups.

We gained thousands of users, including professional, college, and high school sports teams. Some teams that I watched in the Olympics and on television were using the platform we built.

Even though our team was distributed, all the developers were well-trained in remote scrum processes, so our development process was very smooth. I communicated with the team directly on a daily basis. They also don’t believe in proxy product managers, so there was no one standing between me and the team I was working with. I had total access to every member of the team at all times.

We used Google Hangouts, Slack, and Trello. We followed a scrum process and used Trello to manage our user stories and tasks.

I think what makes ScrumLaunch stand out is their emphasis on communication and responsiveness along with the quality of engineers they provide.

They should add more design resources.

API Integrations & Media Management Platform for Publisher

"ScrumLaunch tripled my revenue by automating these processes."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

ScrumLaunch built an automation platform with API integrations to streamline workflows and increase revenue. The team used Yahoo, Taboola, and Outbrain to optimize processes.

New York
CEO & Co-Founder, Digital Media Publisher

ScrumLaunch’s platform increased revenue significantly and made processes within the company much more efficient. Their speed and work quality spurred continued engagement. Their team works hard to understand goals. Despite time zone differences, ScrumLaunch is easy to work with.

My company owns and operates digital publisher properties in various categories, and work with advertising exchanges and technologies to monetize our user base.

For what projects/services did your company hire ScrumLaunch?

I hired ScrumLaunch to build an ad technology and marketing automation platform to grow my portfolio of media sites to increase revenue per year.

I wanted to automate workflows and increase revenue with minimal manual work.

I received a referral from a friend that worked with them in the past.

They developed API integrations using Yahoo, Taboola, RevContent, and Outbrain to automate significant elements of my workflow. Their team also provided me with the ability to create and optimize a large volume of ad creative assets automatically.

I initially started with one developer, but the team grew as my project scaled. I now manage a group of three developers, including a team lead.

ScrumLaunch tripled my revenue by automating these processes. Their team made it efficient to optimized my media buying process.

We primarily use Slack and Trello to communicate. They operate as if they are my full-time employees.

The speed and quality of their work are relative to their cost. ScrumLaunch does an excellent job. Their team quickly figured out the context of my industry.

Due to time zone differences, there were a few issues, but otherwise, my experience working with ScrumLaunch has been outstanding.

SaaS Dev for Graphics Creation Company

"They’ve been able to integrate with us and become a true part of our team."

Sept. 2018 - Feb. 2019

ScrumLaunch built an SaaS platform that allows users to easily create their own graphic designs. They devised and implemented the system’s UX and provided daily updates on their progress.

Matthew A Glick
Founder and CEO, Gipper Media, Inc.

The platform greatly expanded the previous version's capabilities and is expected to drive significant future success. ScrumLaunch communicated seamlessly and instituted a well-defined management process. Customers can expect a cooperative and responsive partner.

I’m the founder and CEO of Gipper. We’re a graphics creation platform for schools.

For what projects/services did your company hire ScrumLaunch?

We hired ScrumLaunch to build an SaaS platform for schools that allowed them to quickly and easily make content for social media.

We wanted to build a scalable, SaaS platform that was responsive and allowed for privileged access.

A friend and advisor recommended them highly to us.

They developed a scalable SaaS platform from scratch that allows users to create high-quality graphics for social media. We had daily video conferences with a project manager to ensure we were on the same page and staid up-to-date with development challenges and questions. ScrumLaunch implemented our UX with ease and were always available to chat through Slack.

We worked with one full-time developer.

Previously, we’d built an MVP in-house that had some success, but it had limited functionality and wasn’t very scalable. This new platform is essential to our business success. It will enable us to grow at a rapid rate, which is exactly what we were looking for.

It’s extremely impressive. We collaborate on Slack and have daily video chats via Google Hangouts. Despite their team being offshore, their communication is great. They're also highly organized.

They’ve been able to integrate with us and become a part of our team. While other DevOps shops tend to shy away from communication, ScrumLaunch ensures we always have an open channel of communication. They’re also extremely responsive, which is crucial to me.

No, not that I saw. There’s very little they can improve.

Overall Score They’re terrific to work with. You won't regret it. We certainly don't.
    I've already recommended them.