Scriptide offers top-notch web and mobile development services with cutting-edge technologies. Whether you’re a startup that aims for cost-effective prototyping or a tech giant that needs industry-leading solutions, we give you exactly what you need to succeed. Let's talk and discuss how we can help you grow.
A cross-platform mobile app that can control motorcycle features and displays a realtime 3d model of the vehicle.
We worked with an industry-leading Asian company.
To build a cross-platform (iOS, Android) prototype app that supported the client’s electric motorcycle in terms of functionalities. Such features should include, but were not limited to, toggling lights, managing the lock system, allowing room for several users and key sharing, and showing the bike’s real-time location on a custom native map.
A 3D model of the specific individual (user’s) bike was to be rendered inside the application that reacts to all updates with corresponding animations. The app must use smooth animations and still achieve a performance of about 60FPS. What’s more, we were tasked with delivering a maintainable and extensible codebase should the company want to add more features to their future bikes or upgrade and change their tech in any way.
- 1.) The client planned the application from a business perspective.
- 2.) The client’s designers designed the application in terms of look and functionality.
- 3.) The Scriptide team worked with the client’s team to plan everything from a technical perspective.
- 4.) Our team developed several prototypes and iterated through designs and technologies until we got a solution that was agreed upon by everyone.
- 5.) We now provide ongoing support for new features, fixes, and updates.
- React Native
- AWS AppSync
The Scriptide team exceeded expectations, being able to deliver on time while fulfilling all expectations of the client. The client has been handed a cutting-edge, performant React Native app that users love.
As we've developed a cross-platform app, we could really quickly iterate over new designs, features, change requests, and so on, saving both money and time for the client and getting the project completed far quicker than traditional development methods.
The client is an industry-leading Asian development company.
To build a cross-platform (MacOS, Windows) desktop app for onscreen translation. The goal is to keep all context of the original text as accurate as possible, which is achieved by drawing back all text to its original place on the screen, just in the user’s preferred language.
- The client planned the application from a business perspective.
- Our teams worked together to plan the app from a technical perspective.
- Our team developed several prototypes and iterated through designs and possible technologies until we reached a capable solution that ticked all the boxes.
- We created the application and handed it over to the client for release.
- We now provide ongoing support for new features and fixes.
- We have a regular weekly meeting with the client where we discuss newly implemented features, upcoming feature requests, and bug fixes.
- To find the adequate tech stack and AI models for our needs
- To find ways to run AI models in the browser, if required
- To create a performant, universal solution that is platform agnostic
- To code missing modules and functionality in Native (Objective C++ for Mac and C++ for Windows)
- To provide an application speed of around 1FPS or more for frequent updates when on-screen text changes or updates, such as side-scrolling text bars, live stream chats, etc.)
We worked hard to ensure our team delivered the application on time while fulfilling all client expectations. We ensured we did, and the client was handed a fully functioning Desktop app (with the corresponding backend) by the agreed deadline.
The client is an industry-leading hardware manufacturer company located in Asia.
The Scriptide team was tasked with making the hardly maintainable codebase manageable, up-to-date, and easy to extend and scale with upcoming updates.
Alongside the existing app, we needed to release a similar app with a different goal with a shared codebase between the two.
- We familiarized ourselves with the codebase.
- We've identified code parts searching for bottlenecks, identifying our priority areas.
- We rewrote code for the essential parts of the app that were crucial for further extension while ensuring the application remained fully functioning without regression.
- We replicated shareable parts of the code to a separate codebase to share with the new version of the application.
- We continue to provide ongoing development (two years and counting) with both applications, weekly meetings, and new features and fixes.
The most significant challenge was the code we had to work with from day one. After years of careless, poorly planned, and unspecified development, the app’s code was dire. The codebase was outdated, incorrectly structured, and non-modular.
We had to find a way to modernize the essential aspects of the codebase while keeping the logic and functionality intact. We were also tied to the Apache Cordova framework because the client didn't want to rewrite the whole application with React Native, Flutter, or Native. This meant we had to create custom native plugins and modify existing Cordova plugins.
Once everything was tidy, we still had to overcome the challenge of integrating the two apps with a common login, secure storage, and hardware handling.
We've always managed to deliver on time, and this project was no exception. Having worked with the team for the last two years, the application was quickly made modular, maintainable, and extendable.
The client for this project was a long-standing business that had been in operation for over 20 years and sent billions of emails to customers in the Asian regions every single month.
Our job was to completely rewrite the application from scratch while maintaining the exact same functionality as the current codebase. The current code was extensive and unnecessarily sprawling and needed to be condensed and optimized. However, the client wanted to stay with PHP as their team was familiar with that.
So, we approached this project by ‘black-boxing’ several parts of the existing codebase that were well-written and already fit for purpose so they could be used in the new edition of the application. We then decided to move forward using a Laravel backend and a Vue frontend. This allowed us to have the flexibility to create a stunning, usable app that was optimized, scalable, and ready for anything while maintaining the foundations of the original PHP codebase.
- We analyzed the codebase and carefully planned the system.
- We separated the parts of well-written code from those that needed rewriting completely.
- We slowly but steadily reimplemented all features by reusing existing business logic combined with new technologies.
- Our client’s testers thoroughly evaluated the application to reassure that it works as it used to.
- After months of iterative bug fixing and minor feature adjustments, it was ready for release.
After a year of hard work and countless hours, the Scriptide team pulled it off. We created an aesthetically identical application capable of handling millions of emails daily, is extensible, modular, and incredibly cleanly written and optimized for the best results in the most lightweight fashion. The client was extremely satisfied with the result. We handed the application over to their in-house development team, which has maintained and extended the application since then.
Cross-Platform App Dev for Digital Solutions Agency
"They're fun to work with since they're such an energetic, young team."
Scriptide developed a modern mobile app for iOS and Android for a digital solutions agency. The team used React Native to build the app, helping the firm with technical specifications, visual design, and more.
"They're fun to work with since they're such an energetic, young team."
Feb 8, 2023
The client submitted this review online.
Please describe your company and your position there.
I am the CEO of Nitro Digital Solutions, a digital solution agency.
For what projects/services did your company hire Scriptide, and what were your goals?
We needed an aesthetic, modern mobile app for iOS and Android.
How did you select this vendor and what were the deciding factors?
We've found them on LinkedIn, and turned out we had several common connections. One of whom even worked with Scriptide in the past. The company's leaders are really personable, techy guys that we found appealing, so we decided to move forward with them.
Describe the scope of work in detail, including the project steps, key deliverables, and technologies used.
They have helped us with various projects many times in the past. This time, they delivered a cross-platform mobile app with React Native. They helped us with:
- defining the technical specification
- visual design
- architectural design
- distribution and maintenance
How many people from the vendor's team worked with you, and what were their positions?
It was a team of 6: 1 designer, 1 project manager and 4 developers.
Can you share any measurable outcomes of the project or general feedback about the deliverables?
They finished this particular project in the August of 2022, after roughly 3 months. However, we are still in contact with them if we need some technical advice. The apps turned out to be quite liked among the companies that use it internally. Also, due to the nature of cross-platform development, and their expertise with it, Scriptide was really cost-effective.
Describe their project management style, including communication tools and timeliness.
Their project management is best-in-class, they really do care about making things organized.
What did you find most impressive or unique about this company?
They take responsibility for their work. They are willing to re-iterate over features if our requests change, they are really agile and flexible. Also, they're fun to work with since they're such an energetic, young team.
Are there any areas for improvement or something they could have done differently?
We were all in all totally satisfied with them, they provided good value for money.
Internal stakeholders liked the app, which was delivered within roughly three months. Scriptide's services were cost-effective. The team ensured that everything was organized and managed well. They were truly responsible and eager to address change requests. Overall, they were reliable and flexible.