Where Marketers and Writers Work Together

Founded in 2011, Scripted is the leading provider of original written content. It provides written content for thousands of customers — ranging from small businesses to large enterprise — through its curated user-base of specialist writers. Scripted is a venture-backed (Redpoint Ventures, Crosslink Capital & Storm Ventures), San Francisco-based company.

San Francisco, CA
  • 135 Stillman Street
    San Francisco, CA 94107
  • Chicago
  • New York City, NY

intuit, Linkedin, Google, ReadyTalk, Udemy, Simply Hired, Loreal, Apartment List

Content Creation for Law Firm

"Throughout the whole relationship, we've felt that we're dealing with actual people rather than an interface."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Scripted creates blogging and social media content. They deliver two short blog posts, 25 Facebook posts, and 25 tweets per month.

Cleveland, Ohio
Jeremy Fleischer
Digital Producer, Friedman, Domiano & Smith Co.

Scripted has refreshed and updated the client's content marketing. They offer an easy-to-use platform for project management, are very responsive, and always meet deadlines. They also allow clients to select topic specialists and revise content before publishing.

I work for a law firm called Friedman, Domiano & Smith.

I am the digital producer.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Scripted?

Friedman, Domiano & Smith is a personal injury law firm in Ohio. We had had a very basic digital marketing effort that included a blog, some tweets, and Facebook posts. We quickly realized we needed to reach out to a proper content marketing agency to help create content. The challenge was that we needed a writer who understood law.

We needed Scripted's help with blogging and social media efforts. They write about two short blog posts, 25 Facebook posts, and 25 tweets per month.

How did you come to work with Scripted?

I had received a referral about Scripted from somebody I used to work with. I looked at some of their writing examples, and I liked that they had specialists.

It's around $500 per month.

We've been with them about six months.

That is difficult to say because our competitors are putting 10 times more content out than we are. Scripted refreshed our content marketing efforts, which is good, but we definitely need to expand our effort to be competitive. We have a slight uptick in visits, but the biggest thing is that our content is current now.

How did Scripted perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management has been perfect. Scripted has a great back-end that is very easy to use. We can do everything through the website, they've been very responsive, and always hit their deadlines.

What distinguishes Scripted from other providers?

The fact that you can select the specialists in certain topics is great. We like that a lot. We also appreciate that we can have our content revised. Throughout the whole relationship, we've felt we're dealing with actual people rather than an interface.

Is there anything Scripted could have improved or done differently?

My only frustration is that not every writer has been for us. It took us time to find a writer we liked.

The pricing is great.

Content Development for Insurance Broker

"They set timelines that they meet, which is incredibly helpful for us."

Scripted augments the client's in-house marketing team and develops content for the client's blog posts, websites, and social media accounts.

Buffalo, New York
Charlie Riley
Marketing & Communications Director, Lawley

Scripted's content has been well received and has increased engagement. They are responsive, competitive in cost, and deliver all products in an efficient, timely manner.

Lawley is a top 100 insurance and employee benefits broker. We’re based out of Buffalo, New York and have offices in New Jersey and Connecticut. We offer over 80 types of insurance.

I am the Marketing & Communications Director.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Scripted?

We needed some help with content development. We’ve got a lot of good stories to tell, but don’t have the time to put it all together. We were looking for a solution that could help to supplement what our marketing team can do internally.

We were looking for content that we could generally put on blog posts and website. We had Scripted help with our social media as well.

How did you come to work with Scripted?

I can’t remember how we found them. That being said, I do remember that their process was very simple. It’s been easy to utilize and get feedback. The whole process of sending in requests, and Scripted fulfilling those requests, has been great.

It has been between $10,000 and $50,000.

We are currently working with Scripted.

The content has been well received and the engagement has been good. We’ve seen traction from some of the articles that they’ve developed. One of the most recent articles they wrote on how credit score affects insurance has had high engagement of a couple of hundred clicks. As our social media presence has grown, we have seen more engagement as well.

How did Scripted perform from a project management standpoint?

Scripted have been very responsive and will fulfill requests in a timely manner. They set timelines that they meet, which is incredibly helpful for us.

What distinguishes Scripted from other providers?

They’ve been very responsive, and the cost is competitive. They are great with timelines and at letting me know when I can expect deliverables.

Is there anything Scripted could have improved or done differently?

The one thing that could probably be revised is how the revision process is structured. There is a waiting time for revisions which we feel would be better if it was more instantaneous. They just switched to a different pricing model, although I haven’t seen the full extent of that yet.

All but one time they have been great. There was one time that they had to cancel a writer, so it took a bit longer to get our work d That being said, I reached out and they fixed it.
    The platform is straightforward, easy to use, and easy to get started. It might be a little different now that the pricing model’s different, but so far Scripted has been very helpful in saving time for us.

Content Creation for Inbound Marketing Agency

"Communication between us is great."

Scripted provides content for the client's blogs, press releases, and various websites to improve SEO. The client and their customer order approximately 20 blog posts per month.

New York City, New York
Marketing Analyst, Inbound Marketing Agency

Scripted consistently delivers high-quality, thoughtful content that adheres to the client's specific guidelines, topics, and timelines. The client is extremely pleased with Scripted's business model and use of the HubSpot platform for project management.

We are an inbound marketing and outdoor advertising agency. We help brands and companies showcase their brand throughout all major markets within outdoor media. We are a HubSpot Gold partner agency that does inbound marketing, email marketing, websites, marketing automation, AdWords, PPC [pay-per-click] marketing, and Facebook advertising.

I am the Lead Marketing Analyst. My job is to take care of our inbound marketing strategy, marketing automation, AdWords, Facebook advertising, PPC marketing, and general strategy.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Scripted?

We needed an agency’s help creating content to improve our SEO [search engine optimization].

They provide us with content for blog posts, press releases, and different websites.

How did you come to work with Scripted?

I don’t remember how we found them but I know we were using a different platform before. When we found them, we really liked their business model. They were able to provide more interesting and higher quality content. They are integrated with Hubspot which was important to us.

We order blog posts per month for us and our clients. In total, their work has cost us under $10,000.

We are currently working with them.

I don’t have specific statistics in front of me. That being said, the thought leadership they have provided is definitely higher quality.

How did Scripted perform from a project management standpoint?

Scripted has performed very smoothly. We order around four blogs a month for us, but with all of our clients, we order around 20 blog posts per month. We brainstorm ideas and submit the topic. Scripted then notifies us when an author has picked up our request. Once the piece is written, we get a notification for our approval. We can request revisions right from the dashboard. HubSpot integration makes it very easy for us. This process has made project management very smooth.

What distinguishes Scripted from other providers?

HubSpot distinguished them – it is our priority. Other platforms we looked at don’t integrate with HubSpot. We give Scripted very specific guidelines, choose the topic, and they never have a problem getting it done. Communication between us is great.

Is there anything Scripted could have improved or done differently?

They haven’t perfected their billing system. We would like Scripted to have a client portal where our clients can go to get their content without being able to see the billing information. Other than that, everything is okay.

Blog Content Creation for Salesforce Consulting Company

"Scripted is doing perfectly with project management."

June 2015 - Ongoing

Scripted provides content generation for the client's blog and email marketing. They have also completed a press release, with more in the future. They are on a monthly retainer.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Gary Galvin
CEO, Galvin Technologies

Site visits and social media shares have increased with Scripted's work. They consistently exceed expectations, deliver products ahead of schedule, and keep the client well-informed.

Galvin Technologies is a Salesforce consulting company. We help companies with Salesforce implementation, development, and integration.

I'm the founder.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Scripted?

We were not doing a good job of keeping up with our own content for our website and blog. As a result, it hurt our ranking within search engines, and credibility because our content wasn't very well written. With very little direction from us, Scripted was able to create great content.

They primarily worked on content generation for our blog and email marketing. They have done a press release, and we plan to use them more for press releases.

How did you come to work with Scripted?

We searched online for content marketing agencies and found them. After seeing the high-quality content on their website, we decided to work with them. Everything that they delivered was spot-on.

We have spent less than $10,000.

We just started the monthly package about three months ago, but we've been working with them probably about a year.

There has been an increase in visits to the website. We've taken some of the work they've done and put it on social media, which has lead to an increase in shares across social media platforms.

How did Scripted perform from a project management standpoint?

Scripted is doing perfectly with project management. They are consistently exceeding expectations, and always keep me updated. They've always delivered before the due date.

What distinguishes Scripted from other providers?

One thing that I really appreciate is that they're very personal. To have the ability to call or schedule a call with a writer is brilliant.

Is there anything Scripted could have improved or done differently?

If communication decreases for some reason on our end, we would appreciate them following up with us to let us know where projects are at.

Blog Content Creation for Data Collection App

"Scripted gives you a way to speak with a favorite writer, which is pretty valuable."

Scripted provides six blog posts a month for the client.

Denver, Colorado
Content Manager, Computer Software Company

Scripted saves the client a substantial amount of time, and they are very responsive by both email and phone. The client also appreciates being able to work with preferred writers.

Our mobile app is used for data collection. It's structured for businesses to use that have field teams, sales teams or some sort of representative that goes out into the field and collects a lot of data. It's essentially a really customizable survey tool.

I am the content manager, so I handle the majority of our written content, which includes our blog, and that's where the relationship with Scripted comes in.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Scripted?

I needed to have my focus and resources put elsewhere. There wasn't enough time for me to do the blogs as much as we wanted to be publishing them.

Scripted is providing blog content creation.

How did you come to work with Scripted?

We had someone at another business in Denver refer them, Scripted gave us the trial pricing, we tried it and liked it. We decided it was worth continuing with them.

We have them do about six blog posts a month that are between $50 and $60 apiece.

We are currently working with them.

I don't have any metrics but their work saves me some time.

How did Scripted perform from a project management standpoint?

They've done fantastic. They're receptive by email and phone. Whenever I've needed to reach an account manager, they're very quick.

What distinguishes Scripted from other providers?

I know many of these agencies have a bucket of writers that you send in a pitch and the writers write it for you – a bit of a disconnected process. Scripted gives you a way to speak with a favorite writer, which is pretty valuable.

Is there anything Scripted could have improved or done differently?

Sometimes, the writing can be a bit redundant, and I find myself having to do some editing, which I would prefer not to do.

Blog Content Creation for Loan Agency

"Scripted's online platform is the best that I've seen."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Scripted provided content for the client's personal finance blog. All of their interface is online via an easy-to-use platform.

Orange County, California
Yvonne Pang
Marketing Project Manager, LoanMe, Inc

Scripted's work has been published on conference websites and shared more than any other content. Scripted was easy to work with, provided dedicated project writers, and responded quickly to short turnaround times and deadlines.

LoanMe does unsecured personal loans and small business loans.

I am a project manager for the social media and marketing department.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Scripted?

We needed content for our blog.

Scripted wrote for our personal finance blog.

How did you come to work with Scripted?

I was referred by a friend to Scripted, and I chose them because their interface is all online. This way, if I request content, I don't have to get on a weekly call to review the content like the other vendors had required. Speaking to the writers was easy because it was all done online. We had had a number of difficulties with other vendors, such as long time requirements, heavy deposits, unneeded weekly calls, and a lot of upselling.

We were looking to get pretty standard blog posts anywhere from 550 to 650 words. Where other companies were charging us anywhere from $250 to $550 an article, Scripted was able to cut that cost for us pretty significantly because their pricing is probably a third of what we were previously paying.

We started working with them probably just a little after January [2016].

We had them create a short blog for us about P2P [peer-to-peer] financing. That blog went to a conference that we were going. It went on their website, and we had a lot more shares than anybody else that had submitted anything for them.

How did Scripted perform from a project management standpoint?

They were easy to work with and didn't have any issues with deadlines not being met. I would get a blog or an article from them pretty quickly.

What distinguishes Scripted from other providers?

Scripted's online platform is the best that I've seen. It's super easy to use and everybody there has been very friendly and helpful. The most significant thing would be their pricing plans because many other vendors require you to pay an upfront sum of money. With Scripted, you can request one or two writers and then get to know them.

Is there anything Scripted could have improved or done differently?

The only feedback I have is that Scripted provides a five-day timeframe for edits to be made by their writers. There are a number of departments and people that this content has to go through on my end, so we often don't get through everyone before the five days are up. If any changes need to be made, at that point it's a little bit difficult because then I'll have to make the changes myself instead of asking the writer to do it. If there was a different pricing option for that, that would be helpful.