Custom Solutions for Virtually Everything

Gold

Custom solutions for virtually everything.

The world’s largest virtual software company. Our passion is developing engaging and interactive solutions, custom made to enhance your business.

• 1,000+ projects delivered

3. Application maintenance
  4. Website development
  5. Digital marketing services
  6. Cloud migration

We specialize in solutions for:

• Medical & Insurance
  • Finance and Trading
  • Legal
  • Health and Fitness
  • Photography & Videography
  • Arts & Entertainment
  • Music & Film
  • Gaming

Whatever project you’ve got in mind, we’ve got you covered.

Technologies we use:

Desktop : C++/Qt, .Net, Java, Ruby

System and software architecture: Micro-services Architecture, Multi-tenant Architectures, Multi-tier Architecture

Mobile: ReactNative, Ionic, Xamarin

Web: React, Angular, Node.js, PHP/Laravel/Yii/Magento, .Net, Java, AWS Serverless Computing

Devops: AWS, Google Cloud, CI/CD, Containers - Docker/Kuberneetes

Databases: SQL, MonogDB, Dynamo, Firebase

Advanced software solutions: 3D/2D Graphics, Image Processing, AR/VR, Computer Vision, 3D Algorithmic

Our Partnerships:

Rutland, MA
  • Canada
  • Australia

Medical Customer Management App - Mobile

Securely storing and organizing patient’s information, Family Medical Diary (FMD) is an iOS and Android mobile app that is able to hold health records, medication schedules, and doctors’ appointments. Our custom web development refactored the code, fixed bugs, improved the UI, updated key functionalities and created in-app purchases as well as

ads.

Our full service digital marketing team prepared the app’s launch by creating a landing page and optimizing the application’s description with ASO keywords to enhance downloads and user adoption.

Type: Cross-platform Mobile App.

Technology: Angular, Bootstrap, Cordova.

Bodyweight Workout App - Mobile

Gorilla Workout  is a custom fitness app that features hundreds of easy-to-follow bodyweight workout videos. As a cross-platform application, it allows users to access their exercises through iPad, iWatch and iOS devices as well as Android tablets and phones. It was awarded Apple’s iPad Health & Fitness App of the Year among other recognitions. Native

programming was used for optimal performance.

Type: Cross-platform mobile.

Technology: iPad, Android, AWS, iOS, Responsive design.

Virtual Staging App - Mobile

The Shoot and Sell app is a sales tool where artists and photographers can virtually stage their artwork on their clients’ walls as to be able to properly portray what these pieces of art would look like in any environment. This mobile application allows users to rotate, crop and watermark images, utilize stock and custom rooms to show their artwork in

scale, change wall and furniture colors and order customized prints directly through the app. Shoot and Sell won the Professional Photographer Magazine Hot One Reader’s Choice Award for best mobile business app in 2013.

Type: Cross-platform Mobile App.

Technology: Java.

Blockchain E-commerce Marketplace - Desktop

Scopic’s ecommerce web development services built the OmniBazaar Desktop application. A new era marketplace that allows users to deal with each other through a patented structure integrated with blockchain technology. OmniBazaar system includes its own built-in cryptocurrency (OmniCoin), so people can use OmniCoins, Bitcoins or

Ethereum to buy and sell goods or services in the OmniBazaar marketplace. The desktop app development Scopic’s team entailed finishing the development of the project, changing from Bitshares 0.9.3(c) code base to Bitshares 2.0. We also designed, developed and integrated a new user interface and are currently working on adding more functionality and new features.

Type: Desktop

Technology: C++, Javascript, Java, Redux, Node.JS, Electron, React, Bitshares, CouchBase, Ether.js, Blockchain.

3D Creation Software - Desktop

DAZ Studio is an easy-to-use 3D desktop software development tool that is rich in features and functionalities allowing 3D artists and animators with any level of expertise to create amazing 3D art. Users can use this app to morph, pose, animate and render 3D creations and achieve GPU accelerated real-time rendering, photo-realistic results. Artists can

become proficient with app built-in interactive tutorials.

Type: Desktop.

Technology: 3D Morphing, posing, animation & rendering, GPU accelerated real-time rendering, C++, Geometric Algorithms, Open GL/Direct 3D, Qt.

Cloud-Based Workforce Management - Web

Sfera is a cloud-based technology and service firm that connects media organizations with specialized technology and media experts. Sfera utilizes a worldwide distributed workforce along with proprietary systems and web-based tools to efficiently deliver specialized media services on demand and in large scale.

Technology:

Actionscript, AWS, Flex, Javascript, PHP, FFmpeg, HTML5, SQL, Yii.

Meal Planning App - Web

Meal planning was made easier with a software that generates healthful meal plans and converts them into grocery lists, schedules meal alarms, locates meal alternatives at restaurants nearby, and provides coach info. MyFuelUp is a custom web development project fully equipped with navigation, a user-friendly search engine, and Google maps. Along with the

beautiful website, we also developed the MyFuelUp iPhone, Android and iWatch applications.

Type: iPhone, Android, iWatch, Web Server.

Technology: Actionscript, AWS, Flex, Javascript, PHP, FFmpeg, HTML5, SQL, Yii.

Recipe Analyzer - Mobile

Built with OCR image processing to scan photos and a custom JS script to scan websites, RecipeIQ is an iOS and Android mobile app able to extract the nutritional facts from print and online recipes. The recipe analyzer allows users to meet nutritional requirements while cooking from home as it pulls ingredients to calculate their combined

nutritional values. Scopic’s team also introduced an additional database to allow users to add custom ingredients and improve the accuracy of nutritional calculations.

Type: Mobile

Technology: Firebase, OCR, React Native, Node JS

Clinical Trials Database - Web

Primary Endpoints'  website features a comprehensive clinical trials database, comfortably served on a state-of-the-art web platform. It allows the user to easily follow trial progress on a customized timeline, filter data conveniently and quickly identify actionable information. It also offers the opportunity to join focused topical discussions with

peers who mean business, and connect with the gurus in biotech investments. We created the entire website, database and landing page.

Technology: Node.JS, Bootstrap, Mongoose, Angular, ExpressJS, MEAN,

Health & Fitness Social Network - Mobile & Web

FitStation is a cross-platform mobile application for iOS and Android users in the fitness industry. Through our custom mobile app development services, Scopic was able to create an app where gyms, personal trainers and their clients can connect on a fitness-focused platform. The application features real-time communication, social media feeds, a calendar and

more. The app was designed and developed with attractive branding and easy-to-use UI.

Our affordable online marketing services provided an impeccable user experience through the  web development of the application’s site where users can find explanations, useful information and further engage with the fitness community.

Type: iOS, Android, Web server.

Technology: Ionic Framework, Firebase, Responsive Design, Autoscaling.

Job Interview Simulation Platform - Web

InterviewFocus is a cloud-based job interview simulation app that trains users on several different soft skills to be able to land their dream job. Our web application development services designed the app using computer vision expertise, real-time media streaming, speech recognition software, video processing, messaging system and video chat rooms to be

able to evaluate eye contact  and head engagement, speaking rate, smile intensity, word usage and more. Users can also buy and schedule individual consultations to be able to receive personalized feedback.

Type: Web Server.

Technology: Node.JS, Twilio, Stripe, IBM Speech recognition, WebRTC, React.

3D Dental Modeling Tool - Desktop

OrthoSelect application allows orthodontists and dentists to offer 3D models of their patients' teeth. The software and models are used in treatment planning and in specialized cases, such as OrthoSelect’s digital indirect bonding service (DIBS).

Type: Desktop

Technology: 3D, C++, OpenGL, VTK, IEC 62304, ThreeJS.

Equity Trading and Analytical Platform - Desktop

As a client/server application, StocksToTrade is a complex equities trading and analysis platform that allows traders to follow and analyze stock markets based on cumulative and live data. Our desktop software development services designed this app with sophisticated integrations with institutional data providers and leading financial

brokerages.

Type: Desktop.

Technology: PHP, MySQL, Java, Ruby On Rails, Ruby, Linux, C++, Qt, 2D Charting, Windows, Trading, Protocol Buffer, Mac OS, FIX.

Music App - Desktop & Web

SoundBridge  is a digital audio workstation designed to provide musicians easy access to all essential tracking, sequencing, editing and mixing features. The application meets all the professional industry standards and offers complete third-party VST and low-latency/high-fidelity audio driver support. This desktop app was exclusively developed for

multi-touch surface monitors and targeted to the wide audience of sound professionals, DJs and musicians.

The company used our custom digital marketing solutions to build the desktop app and develop the initial website.

Type: Desktop, Web Server.

Technology: C++, Qt, Native and Cross Platform Sdks.

Project Management App - Web

Teamly  is an intuitive team communication and task management tool designed for corporate users, it facilitates efficient task tracking and project coordination, integrating live chat, searchable file storage, and import/export functionalities. Scopic’s team created this custom web development from scratch using Python, Django, Tornado/Sockjs websockets,

and PostgreSQL databases. Throughout the development process, Scopic optimized Teamly’s functionality and security with Amazon instance servers, SSL certificates, and a simple custom admin panel for independent management of the app.

Type: Web Server.

Technology: Python, Django, Angular, Tornado/Sockjs websockets, PostgreSQL databases.

Financial & Tax Reporting Website - Web

As a firm that provides statutory financial reporting, tax-compliance, and unclaimed property reporting services, UPExchange joined Scopic in project where we provided our web design and development services to build a website that makes their clients more efficient, consistently accurate, and uniformly compliant. With 18 years of experience, this company now

serves nearly 50,000 companies in automating the administration and filing of financial information to meet numerous regulated reporting requirements.

Technology: WordPress, Enfold.

Emergency Notification System - Desktop & Mobile

Page My Cell is a high-functioning Emergency Notification System that enables fire departments to communicate during and after disasters with live incident updates. Our desktop application development services developed and designed the app from scratch to be able to detect various disaster tones, process them into usable notifications, and distribute

them.

A custom web application connects the desktop to the mobile app. Built natively for iOS and Android, the Page My Cell mobile applications notify first responders of incidents. The mobile apps offer maps, GPS directions to emergency sites, and a convenient status board displaying current personnel availability.

Type: iOS, Android, Web Server, Desktop App.

Technology: Audio, C++, Qt, WebRTC.

E-Commerce Development for Pharmaceuticals Company

"Scopic Software always gets the job done in a timely and cost-effective way."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

Scopic Software maintains an e-commerce website built in Ruby for a pharmaceutical company. They also created new features in PHP, Python, and Ruby on Rails. The project is ongoing.

Woburn, Massachusetts
Dylan Bulseco
Director of Business Development, PKC Pharmaceuticals

The team’s efforts met all requirements and satisfy all stakeholders. Scopic Software’s broad range of expertise enables their consistent success. The team is highly scalable, communicative, timely, and patient, leading to a smooth workflow.

I’m the director of business development for PKC Pharmaceuticals.

What challenge were you trying to address with Scopic Software?

My collaboration with Scopic Software spans three different companies. The latest project—for my current company—involved maintaining a legacy e-commerce site.

Scopic Software took over our e-commerce website developed in Ruby. They maintain the site and expand on its functionality using PHP, Ruby on Rails, and Python.

We work with 6–7 people, including two project managers, 4–5 Ruby and Ruby on Rails developers, 1–2 PHP developers, and 1–2 Python developers.

How did you come to work with Scopic Software?

I had worked with Scopic Software at past companies. I had such a good experience that I decided to approach them again. We had previously engaged two different development teams for this project, and when the time came to move on from them, I reached out to Scopic Software.

We’ve spent $50,000–$100,000.

The project began in August 2015 and is ongoing.

I don’t have any metrics I can share. Nonetheless, Scopic Software has done everything we’ve asked of them—and promptly as well. We highly value their work.

How did Scopic Software perform from a project management standpoint?

Our project isn’t very complicated, so it requires minimal management. Scopic Software has done perfectly fine as a result. When we need additional resources, the team finds ways to provide it. They let me scale the team up or down as needed. Scopic Software is highly responsive to my needs as well.

Scopic Software always gets the job done in a timely and cost-effective way. I’ve led software projects for the past 12–15 years with teams from around the world. If I had to rank all of those teams, Scopic Software is consistently the best of the best.

No, any limitations came from our side. We’ve been slow in providing specs and responding to inquiries. Scopic Software is very patient with us.

Look into the full capabilities of Scopic Software before you consider other vendors. Scopic Software has experience in providing digital marketing, social media marketing, HIPAA-compliant software, Golang development, mobile apps.

I wasn’t aware of these services lines in the past and outsourced projects involving these to other vendors. In the future, I will go to Scopic Software first if I’m not sure if they can provide a specific service.

Overall Score Scopic Software fully understands my specs, and the team is flexible enough to meet my specific needs.
    Any delays come on our side. We delayed in providing the team specs and feedback. Scopic Software often wait for us instead of vice versa.
    The value is exceptionally good. Scopic Software is probably the most cost-effective team that I currently run.
    What Scopic Software has delivered in 4–6 weeks in past projects is phenomenal for the cost. They allowed me to meet seemingly impossible milestones.
    I have recommended them to other companies and at other companies that I also work for.

Web Design & Launch for Book Marketplace

"I'm very confident we are going to shine in our chosen market."

June 2018 - Ongoing

Scopic Software designed and launched a website for a book marketplace. The team also helped with marketing efforts.

New York
Owner, Book Marketplace

While we're in the beginning stages of the project, it looks promising. Scopic Software is full of hardworking and committed individuals. Their creative team overcomes problems or obstacles, not letting anything hold back their work.

My company mission is to gather book lovers from around the world in one place to share and exchange information about their favorite books. Also, to use that information to develop our personalities.

For what projects/services did your company hire Scopic Software?

I was looking for well-experienced website developers to design and launch the site. After searching the net I found Scopic's reputations to be encouraging to give them a try.

My main goal was to know other people who have similarities toward books and reading. The second goal was to gain some income from sharing my experience with other book lovers.

After contacted Scopic team, I was amazed by the kind of services they offer. They have a strong team from different fields. So, it was very easy for me to find all that I want in one place.

They have well-trained staff in project management where they are responsible for managing the progress of the work and they are the link between me and the rest of the team. The marketing department is one of the services I found it to be a great investment toward the successfulness of my project. They are very smart and I enjoy their brainstorming ideas. We are still at the beginning of the journey but from their commitment and hard work, the outcomes will be very beneficial and worth every dollar spent working with them.

What I know is that any kind of specialty I need, I found it available to me. And they are well chosen.

We are still at the beginning of the journey. I'm very confident we are going to shine in our chosen market.

Project management is the backbone of my business. Since the operation is well arranged and under our control, it's an indication of the excellence of their staff.

Problems don't hold them back. They can figure out what to do in every obstacle we face through our progress in the project.

So far everything is going smoothly.

Development of Photograph Recipe App

“I was impressed by their ability to understand my initial concept and translate it into a functional application.”

Feb. 2017 - July 2018

Scopic Software developed an Android/iOS app that featured optical character recognition (OCR) software. The app could scan a printed recipe and extrapolate the dish’s nutritional information from a database.

Boston, Massachusetts
Kenneth Leeser
Owner, RecipeIQApp.com

Since its launch, the app has gained about 10,000 users with a low attrition rate. Scopic Software performed highly throughout the project. They took the initiative to install a bug monitoring tool and now continue to track any potential issues. Currently, they’re preparing to add new features.

I’m the owner and sole employee of RecipeIQApp.com.

What challenge were you trying to address with Scopic Software?

I had an idea for a mobile app that could break down recipes and calculate their nutritional value but lacked the internal resources to develop it. Scopic Software worked with me to build my app from my initial concept.

Scopic Softaware developed my app from scratch. Their team presented all of the wireframes, suggested graphics, and helped work through the user flows. They then proceeded to development, using Google Vision for the optical character recognition (OCR) software and Firebase for the backend.

It’s an Android/iOS app that allows users to take a photo of a print recipe and learn about the dish’s nutritional value. Through OCR technology, the app will analyze the ingredients and quantities and compare them to a database to calculate the calories, sugar, salt, minerals, and more. Users can also input a URL of a recipe into the app’s built-in browser to extract nutritional information.

They assigned a team of 4–6, including a project manager, UI designers, backend developers, database engineers, and QA specialists.

How did you come to work with Scopic Software?

I found them online and considered them along with two other candidates. After talking to their president, I felt like we really hit it off. He understood what I needed and had done similar projects before, so I was happy to work with him.

We spent between $50,000–$100,000.

The project lasted about 18 months, from February 2017–July 2018.

We’ve seen about 10,000 downloads since we’ve launched last summer, and the user feedback has been mostly positive. People aren’t deleting our app from their devices in any great number, so it’s been good so far.

In terms of reliability, the app functions as expected. Scopic Software is proactive about catching any technical issues that may arise. They’ve integrated a tool called Instabug to monitor error reports, and we have regular bug reviews. Currently, I’m planning to have them develop some additional features.

How did Scopic Software perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed highly. They used Jira to manage the project, but, for the most part, I communicated with them through weekly phone calls and emails. They were extremely responsive throughout.

The delivery time ended up stretching out a bit, but I was happy overall.

Have a clear outline of your personal vision for the app (e.g., concept, workflow, potential design elements) and be able to communicate it.

Design & Development for Pet Marketplace

"They’re working to help us improve all the time."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Scopic Software did redesign and development for an existing website. Services included customization of a new AuctionWorx software package and the integration of industry-specific information.

Springfield, Missouri
Charles Cobb
President, E-Pets Online Inc.

The new website has generated positive feedback from customers focused on the simplicity of design. Scopic Software has continued to improve the site based on that feedback. Expect an accountable partner with an expansive offering of services who can deliver as promised and on time.

I’m the manager of E-Pets Online Inc. We sell dogs from breeders to pet stores.

What challenge were you trying to address with Scopic Software?

Our previous website was outdated and coded in classic ASP. We needed to rewrite everything, so we got in touch with Scopic Software. We wanted to able to make changes to the new site and accommodate customer requests.

We created a document listing our needs and they gave us an estimate. We bought a new software package, AuctionWorx by RainWorx Software, and had them customize it. They worked in ASP.NET with Bootstrap on the frontend. Features included information specific to our industry, such as dog registration, individual health details, and vaccination records.

We worked with two different project managers and two different designers at different times. The project manager was the primary backend developer. Scopic Software has enough people to handle all development tasks, they just bring on somebody else as they need them.

How did you come to work with Vendor?

We originally found them on Guru.com. We conducted phone interviews with five or six vendors, and we found Scopic Software’s rates very reasonable.

We’ve spent $100,000—$120,000.

We started working with them in November 2016 and the engagement is ongoing.

Our customers have been using our site since 2003 when the menu options were in different places and they had to learn how to use software that they hated. They now appreciate the simplicity of our new design. We constantly solicit their feedback and it’s been positive. They know what they want the site to do, and I pass that onto the team at Scopic Software. They’re working to help us improve all the time.

How did Scopic Software perform from a project management standpoint?

The project manager gets most of the needed information from the lead developer and passes it along to us. We receive a weekly summary of everything that’s been done. They’re very organized.

They get things done and they don’t complain about anything. When we ask them for something, they’ll just tell us they can do it and how long it will take, and then they start working on it. We’d worked with developers in the past where deliverables were promised and just fell by the wayside. That doesn’t happen with Scopic Software because they're very professional.

No, I have no complaints.

Something I didn't realize starting out is just how many people they have. Clients who have trouble with design or QA should reach out for extra services because their rates are the same for everything. Just find out what they have.

They get it done about as fast as it can be done.
    They work as well as anyone else at a very affordable rate.
    I have before.

Multiple Development for Movie Analysis Software Company

“I’ve had negative experiences with past vendors, but the Scopic Software team has never let me down.”

2011 - Ongoing

An established development partner, Scopic Software has built multiple software tools for a movie analytics company using a variety of technology like JavaScript and C++. Their services are ongoing.

Woodland Hills, California
Elmo Weber
President, Nutshell Media, Inc.

Scopic Software routinely delivers high-quality and reliable solutions in a timely manner. Everyone on their team is efficient, organized, and responsive. Their customer service and dedication set the foundation for the lasting partnership.

I’m the president of Nutshell Media, Inc. We offer various analytical software tools for the film industry. Our products are programmed to analyze movies and collect a variety of data and statistics from their scripts. It’s a very small company, and I’m funding the entire venture on my own.

What challenge were you trying to address with Scopic Software?

I needed development assistance.

Scopic Software is my go-to development partner. I share my specifications, and they build out the product. Once they have a working version, we go through a back-and-forth testing process. Each initiative is different from the next. Some tools are built with JavaScript and others with C++. Most projects have video elements. One specific piece of software they’ve made for us allows users to edit and playback content seamlessly.

We’re currently working on the biggest project we’ve ever done together. Scopic Software is using elements of about seven different applications we built in a research and development phase. In addition to that initiative, I’ve patented three more projects, and I’m working on a few others.

They scale their team depending on the workload and deadlines. Currently, we have a project manager and seven specialists.

How did you come to work with Scopic Software?

I found them through Freelancer. They seemed professional and offered a good price.

I’ve spent over $50,000 with Scopic Software.

I partnered with them in 2011, and we’ve been working together ever since.

Scopic Software consistently develops reliable applications. They estimate a range of hours for each project, and their guess is always pretty close. Without their assistance, I wouldn’t have any software. I’ve had negative experiences with past vendors, but the Scopic Software team has never let me down.

How did Scopic Software perform from a project management standpoint?

They manage each project efficiently. I’ve worked with at least five different project managers throughout my partnership with Scopic Software, and I’ve been very happy with all of them. They provide detailed summaries of each teammate’s responsibilities and progress on each task. Whenever I have a question or concern, someone from their team is available to help.

They use efficient tools to organize and track the project. I’m pleased with our partnership, and I’m happy to continue it.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Provide them with a clear idea of how the software should work.

Overall Score I work with a different team for each project, but each resource is organized, transparent, and timely.
    They offer a very reasonable price for the quality of their work.
    I can count on them to handle anything—updates, improvements, or bug fixes.
    I refer them to anyone that asks me about software development.

Mobile App Dev for Technology Consulting Group

“They are a great supplement to my team and integrate well.”

2013 - Jan. 2018

Scopic software intermittently assists with various development needs, supplementing the team for a software company. Projects include coding an e-book reader with audio functionality for Android and iOS.

Detroit Metro Area
CEO, IT Company

Their deliverables are high-quality and they are a positive addition to internal resources. They follow specifications and are detail-oriented.

We are an independent software vendor. I’m the owner of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Scopic Software?

We needed help with a development project.

We’ve used them for various projects as a supplement to our team. I write the technical specifications and use them when I need additional programmers. The first project we hired them for was an e-book reader with audio functionality for Android and iOS. They did the coding for that.

We have a team of about three, including a project manager.

How did you come to work with Scopic Software?

I either knew one of their staff or a colleague recommended them to us.

We’ve spent over $25,000 on their services.

We started our first project with them in 2013. We use them intermittently on an as-needed basis and just finished a project with them in January 2018.

The quality of their work is excellent. I use a number of different companies, but all my experiences with them have been positive. They always follow my specifications and do everything I ask. They are a great supplement to my team and integrate well.

How did Scopic Software perform from a project management standpoint?

They did well. We regularly use Jira and Skype and often meet in person.

Their attention to detail is great.

They’re a good company. My only recommendation is to use them.

PHP Web App for Financial Reporting

"Their CEO is a very smart and trustworthy guy who you can have a partnership with."

2014 - 2016

Scopic Software developed a web app using PHP, including blockchain tech as well as handling server deployment. It’s a multi-user database solution for KYC document management.

Cayman Islands
Founder, CPS Development

The app hasn’t launched yet, however, Scopic has managed the project effectively. They’re responsive, flexible, and provide direct access to the developers, which is a great benefit for clients that know what they want. Clients will find a great development partner in Scopic.

I’m the founder of Commercial Passport KYC (Know Your Customer), a web application that’s designed for the KYC space.

What challenge were you trying to address with Scopic Software?

We needed developers to build a product. Scopic is a U.S.-based firm but their staff is spread throughout Eastern Europe and other parts of the world where hiring costs are a lot lower than in the U.S. It was an economically-driven proposition for us.

They worked on a PHP web application which included some JavaScript, some blockchain technology, and server deployment. The web app is a multi-user database that allows single point KYC document management for legal entities and individuals. The KYC is related to classic financial institution account opening and relationship formation.

I worked with a project manager but also had minimal contact with the developers. There were probably eight or ten developers involved over the course of the project, though this number would usually vary according to the workload

How did you come to work with Scopic Software?

They came to us by recommendation. They’d done some large projects before and were able to point me to some references, which made them seem capable of executing our work.

We spent between $200,000–$1 million over the course of our relationship with them.

We started working with them in 2014. I’m still working with them but the core development work on the project was completed in 2016.

The platform is still in a launch phase so I don’t have anything to attribute to them.

How did Scopic Software perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Jira, GitHub, Slack, Skype, and Teamwork for communication. Their project management was very good and the guy I dealt with was very responsive. Furthermore, his English was excellent and he was quite professional.

As a client, my access to the development team and the project manager was unrestrained, which is pretty important. Clients that know exactly what they want and how to do it can get direct access to their team, which is quite valuable for some clients who are developers. On the other hand, clients that just have an idea and no technical skills would probably not benefit as much from that approach.

I think they could improve their initial process. The planning, costing, and formation of the architecture of the system could’ve been more in-depth. If you have a technical background and you know what you need to be developed, then I think their approach is a good one. If you’re not, then that’s where they could invest a bit more.

They’re very flexible and accommodating. Their CEO is a very smart and trustworthy guy who you can have a partnership with during a big project.

They get a five for availability. If a thorough initial process delayed the work, then I would give them a five, but this wasn’t the case.
    Their price point is an attractive when you look at the U.S. development cost. I don’t think the quality suffers with their price.

Software Development for Dental Technology Company

“They have a large amount of integrity.”

July 2014 - Feb. 2015

Scopic designed and developed a completely unique and web-based software. It utilizes Adobe Flash to process images for dental procedures. They were integral to the product’s creation at every stage.

Issaquah, Washington
Dennis Braunston
President, ShadeWave

Scopic delivered a product that remains distinctive within its industry. Its success led to multiple published articles and positive user feedback. Management-level staff was assigned in accordance with the project scope. They quickly resolved issues and honored estimated costs.

I’m the president of ShadeWave. We provide digital shade matching software and other dental technology.

What challenge were you trying to address with Scopic Software?

I had an idea for new technology, but I’m not a programmer. I needed to outsource my work to a development firm that could affordably produce my vision.

Scopic designed and programmed our ShadeWave software. It’s a web-based program that utilizes Adobe Flash to process images for dental shade analysis. It’s a unique technology that required Scopic to conduct significant research in order to deliver. They helped me create the initial wireframes and developed algorithms that allow everything to function correctly. Being a medical product, it had to be secure and compliant with HIPPA.

They assigned a specialist as our primary point of contact. He assisted with the wireframes and delegated project requirements to the programmers.

How did you come to work with Scopic Software?

My first engagement with them was 10 years ago. It was a difficult undertaking because I knew what I wanted to do, but had no idea how to proceed. I searched online and interviewed U.S. vendors, but they were all too expensive. Eventually, I found Scopic and was impressed by their previous work. I met their owner and they accomplished the project. Due to that positive experience, I went back to them years later when the ShadeWave opportunity presented itself.

We’ve spent roughly $80,000.

The project took place July­–February 2014.

Scopic did their job and delivered an excellent product. The software receives positive feedback and there have even been articles published about it. There’ll always be bugs and crashes with new software, but nothing has occurred that we couldn’t work through.

How did Scopic Software perform from a project management standpoint?

They assign a primary contact based on the nature of the project. This ensures each engagement is led by an individual whose strengths benefit the effort. They’re careful to understand and document information before the development process begins. The specialist that works with us is exceptionally bright. His expertise is beyond that of an average project manager. This was a challenging project, so we communicated through Skype as well as email.

They’re really good at providing accurate cost estimates and sticking to them. For example, an unrelated occurrence required Scopic to redevelop a specific aspect of the project. Their owner informed me they wouldn’t charge a significant portion of the work. They didn’t have to do us that courtesy, but he insisted. They have a large amount of integrity.

They’re a growing company and growth can be difficult to manage. The project managers weren’t all stellar, but they listened to our concerns and made changes immediately.

If you don’t have a tech background, do some research, so you know the right questions to ask. I took their advice and agreed to the software using Adobe Flash. However, technologies change and Adobe will be dropping Flash in the near future. Now we have to rewrite the software.

Overall Score The project wasn’t easy and they couldn’t have done any better.

Web Dev & SEO For Woodworking Software Company

"[T]hey work well with one another, and they are very transparent with me."

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Scopic Software identified promotional opportunities and built a comprehensive marketing strategy that involved keyword research, SEO, content creation, web development, and social media advertising.

Boston, Massachusetts
Dave Rozewski
Owner, SketchList Inc.

In just a few months, organic web traffic has increased by 20%, software downloads have risen by 50%, and sales amounts have measurably improved. Scopic Software's depth and breadth of expertise, along with their efficient, collaborative workflow, has been critical to the campaign's success.

I am the owner of SketchList, which develops and sells design software for custom woodworkers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Scopic Software?

We wanted to increase number of people and companies downloading and trying our software, as well as to improve the quality of our content.

To increase the number of visitors, test and strengthen our messages and calls to action, and improve our tracking abilities.

They have provided my technical support and product development for nearly a decade. I originally selected them because of the message on their website and my discussions with the owner. I continue to use them because they deliver high-quality results, are committed to my success, and have the resources necessary to take on a wide range of work.

They reviewed our current web page, brainstormed with us to identify marketing opportunities, and developed a plan. Then they submitted some sample ideas, copy, and images.

Using an SEO plan based on keyword research, they developed a landing page for several of our key market segments, built a social media program, and generated organic traffic. They also created ads pointing to those landing pages.

Now they monitor SEO stats and adjust elements of the web page to improve them. Sometimes they write content and research the web for outreach, partnerships, and content creation opportunities.

An overall project manager handles both the technical and marketing efforts. The marketing side is led by a manager who works with a designer, a copywriter, and an SEO expert. I tend to work with the marketing manager, but also communicate directly with everyone when necessary.

This type of work takes time to bear fruit. However, since December the number of visits to our site has increased by 20% and is trending upward. The number of downloads—a critical stat for our business—is up by 50%, and average dollars per sale is up slightly. Of course, while the short-term frame is very promising, it does not account for seasonal variations in the numbers. We'll have a better picture later in the year.

Very effective. They have the tools necessary to communicate and manage a multi-person project team, they work well with one another, and they are very transparent with me. Truly professional.

Their level of expertise in each area in which they work.

In the past, staff changes have required newcomers to gain knowledge of our situation. The staffing has been very consistent for over a year. Sometimes there’s an inherent business risk in being so dependent upon one vendor. Perhaps they could offer some sort of exit plan or strategy.

Their saff is working on more than one project, given the level of funding we provide, so they are not available 100% of the time.
    They always deliver.
    I regularly do.

PHP Dev for Digital Customer Engagement Platform

"They operate efficiently and consistently exceed our expectations."

July 2017 - Ongoing

Scopic Software provides developers for a social media aggregator. Their team is proficient in PHP, Python, iOS, and Android.

San Antonio, Texas
Robert Collazo
CTO & Co-Founder, HelpSocial

Scopic’s team demonstrates a broad range of technical knowledge. They accomplish any task within estimated timeframes. A combination of efficiency and affordability cemented their role as a long-term development partner.

I’m the CTO and Co-Founder of HelpSocial. We help businesses aggregate social media platforms, making it easier to respond to customer service issues.

What challenge were you trying to address with Scopic Software?

We needed quality developers at a reasonable rate.

Our company provides a unified interface for multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Our systems help companies respond to customer service messages and connect with internal CRM systems to organize the usernames and information of past customers.

Activity conducted on one platform–liking a post, for example–can also be automatically replicated across other platforms.

We’ve worked with Scopic on a number of PHP, Python, iOS, and Android development projects. We provide job specifications and they find developers from all over the world, including Vietnam, Ukraine, and the Dominican Republic.

We reach out to their operations manager to request staff and currently rely on two developers. While they offer a project manager, I fulfill that role myself.

How did you come to work with Scopic Software?

We posted a need for developers on Upwork. A number of companies reached out to us, but Scopic was the most responsive and offered the best quality developers.

Over $50,000.

Our most recent project started in July 2017 and is still ongoing.

On average, Scopic’s developers provide over 80 hours of work each week, making them a key factor in the success of our project. Their team is highly knowledgeable, proactive, and always completes tasks within the estimated timeframe.

How did Scopic Software perform from a project management standpoint?

I speak with Scopic’s management through email and phone, though we communicate with the developers on a daily basis via Slack, Skype, and GitHub. They’ve very responsive.

Their developers have a broad range of knowledge. While we needed PHP developers for our most recent project, the team Scopic provided was also proficient in Python, Ruby, JavaScript.

No. They operate efficiently and consistently exceed our expectations.

Interview the candidates that Scopic provides to ensure they meet your needs. Because they work with developers from all over the world, make sure there's not a language barrier.

Their value is outstanding.

Gold