Professional Software Development

With 28 years of experience on the world-wide market scale ScienceSoft is a software development and consulting company with HQ in USA and delivery centers in Europe and Asia.

ScienceSoft’s clients are well-known and prominent companies like IBM, eBay, Robert Half, Viber, PerkinElmer and others. We are providing our services to banking, retail, healthcare, telecommunication, entertainment and other industries.

What makes us stand out?

Acknowledged quality

Apart from receiving Ernst and Young award for the successful growth in 2014, ScienceSoft has gained recognition of its project by prestigious associations and such media as BBC, The Independent and The Daily Telegraph

All-encompassing Competence

Our company has 450 specialists, who offer multidirectional technological assistance: custom mobile and web development, CRM, content management, collaboration solutions, data analysis and security intelligence.

Reliability

ScienceSoft is a dedicated business partner and since 76% of the company's turnover comes from the clients, whom we've been serving for more than 1 year, we cannot but be grateful and for our customers’ loyalty and do everything to live up to their expectations.

100% project delivery

We successfully carry out not only strict and highly detailed, but also most vague and peculiar project plans. Due to its great experience, ScienceSoft has developed a seamless process management system that allows 100% realization of quality-assured projects within deadline and budget limits.

Request for a Free Quote

Ecommerce systems
Application platform
CRM functions
CRM solutions

Viber, IBM, Ebay, Wal-Mart, Heinz, PerkinElmer, Enonic, Tieto, Koch Media, Visma, Airpas, Leo Burnett, Pointlogic, Baxter

Project Management for a Telecom Billing System

A national GSM-operator with more than 5 mln subscribers was undertaking a complex project – implementing a new billing system – that involved multiple stakeholders. Thanks to ScienceSoft project management expertise, the Customer was able to reduce the testing cycle by 2-3 times.

Read More

Innovative CMS

Striving to bring Web Content Management solutions to the next level, Enonic in cooperation with ScienceSoft has released a brand-new CMS called Enonic eXperience Platform which provides a safe and predictable foundation for online presence of any kind. With a modern and flexible architecture, the platform offers an intuitive and fast way to create and manage websites, intranets, commerce and mobile solutions for public and private enterprises.

SharePoint-Based Intranet for 45,000-employee Bank

A corporate-wide Intranet solution for an American full-service commercial bank to facilitate collaboration between departments. The solution provides tools for sharing documents and storing corporate knowledge base and also encourages internal communication to streamline business processes across all bank levels.

Phrasebook Travel App and Learning Portal

Two innovative language learning tools: a mobile app (originally only iOS) which would serve as a handy traveler’s phrasebook and a learning web portal where users could further polish their conversational skills.

Microblogging website for people with a viewpoint

A Twitter-like microblogging website with categorized multimedia content shared by registered contributors. A Pimcore publishing solution for an online magazine.

Invention Machine With Semantic Search

A number of products to help big companies improve their innovation process with the help of semantic analysis of natural language texts including 15 mln worldwide patents, 3,000 cross-disciplinary scientific 'deep web' websites and the database of 8,000 scientific effects. The software allows engineering, marketing and production personnel to find more cost-effective, competitive and higher-quality system designs.

Stop Procrastinating App

The award-winning productivity tool that has been repeatedly acknowledged as one of the best Internet blockers by world-renowned media like the BBC, the Daily Telegraph, Le Monde and others.

iLivid download manager

A handy desktop application to help users enjoy a better experience of downloading videos from popular file-sharing websites including over 50 hosting services, such as RapidShare, MediaFire, Hotfile, 4shared and others including torrent sites. Users can watch videos instantly or use one-click downloader to automatically save the file. The application was designed to download videos from the leading video sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion and more.

8,000+ FMCG Brand Health BI

The BI solution for the global FMCG company with 8,000+ brands worldwide allows managing the quality and consistency of marketing strategies, thereby ensuring data-driven decision making. The analytical system collects survey data and processes it to disclose the real drivers of consumers’ behavior.

Viber App

An ambitious start-up commissioned ScienceSoft to create an instant messaging and VoIP app which now boasts over 600 mln active users across the globe.

System for vehicle on-board diagnostics

An on-board diagnostic system that sends diagnostics data, mileage, geolocation and other information to vehicle owners who can now control their vehicles from anywhere in the world through a smartphone, tablet or computer. Being an innovation on the market of connected cars, the solution has got an Edison Award.

CRM for a retail bank with 7 mln clients

Backed by a 7-year expertise in Microsoft Dynamics CRM development, ScienceSoft joined the project to help the Customer creat a CRM system for a bank with 7 million clients. Our team developed three modules: customer base management, sales activities planning and advanced analytics.

Alternative web browser

A Mac version of the all-in-one web browser specifically suitable for music connoisseurs, video lovers and people with an active online presence. ScienceSoft also implemented a system of updates for Windows and Mac as well as a solution for torrents managing from the browser.

ScienceSoft helps create the world’s largest PLM platform

The product lifecycle management solution, powering 20,000 retailers, manufacturers and suppliers in 110 countries, is a unique system that drives the development of products with $300+ bln in annual sales. The cloud-based platform helps all the industry players to conjoin their efforts, knowledge and clients, providing faster communication, more accurate data and transparency in their ventures.

Custom Developed Prototype for Automotive Insurance Firm

“I like developing a personal relationship with people, and they made it simple to do that.”

Sept. 2016 - Ongoing

ScienceSoft assumed development responsibilities for a mobile sales and customer service app. The app allowed users to easily submit 3D models of accident reports.

Langenfeld, Germany
VP of Business & Technology, Automotive Insurance Firm

Although the app had just been rolled out, it performed well and included all the desired functions. ScienceSoft distinguished themselves with their adaptive methodologies, collaborative management, and direct access to developers. They worked quickly and capably and delivered an outstanding tool.

We are a startup in the U.S. We facilitate the claims process on behalf of our customers. We view ourselves as a technology company first and a services company second. Our style is to solve problems technologically and then bridge that with services until such time we had the ability to resolve issues.

Our original company is in Germany, and it has been around for 13 years. We’re bringing a similar business model to the U.S., although some of the products and markets are different from those in Europe.

I’m the VP of technology. I take care of all the technology and business operations, including customer service.

What challenge were you trying to address with ScienceSoft?

We were looking for local development resources from a cost perspective.

ScienceSoft continued the development of a mobile web app that we had inherited from our parent company in Germany. We localized it and released a prototype for client interaction and sales purposes.

The product is a photo estimating application that involves 3D model interactions. For accident reports, we developed different 3D models for automobiles. Users could select and deselect damaged parts. ScienceSoft integrated our backend platform with the product. They’ve worked on many other things as well.

We started with one person, and the team has grown to three people. That number has gone up and down, depending on our budget.

The team has been pretty stable. We had to reduce the team because of our budget, but that was our choice. Recently, one team member decided to take on new opportunities, so now I have to find another person to replace him.

How did you come to work with ScienceSoft?

I had worked with them in the past at my own business where I was consulting for different organizations and organizing development resources. I was looking at other companies overseas as well in Ukraine, Russia, and India.

Based on our previous experience and relationship with ScienceSoft, I gave them a chance. My other reasons for choosing them were based on their cost and expertise.

We started working with them in September 2016. We did the prototype first and then expanded things in October.

We’ve just launched the full self-service estimating platform for our first customer. It’s live, but I can’t say there has been any specific feedback at the moment.

How did ScienceSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

I manage the team, and my team interacts directly with their development team. We use Skype for meetings. We also use a VPN [virtual private network] and standard tools to connect ScienceSoft’s team to our environment.

We’re small and don’t have a lot of resources, so it was important for us to get the right resource and have a good relationship. ScienceSoft is very open to that. Other companies like to establish multiple layers of self-management versus our management, especially with how clients interact with them. In contrast, I like making people part of our team. I like developing a personal relationship with people, and they made it simple to do that. They’ve been very open to us working directly with the developers.

They are willing to work with the way we do development—how quickly we turn an idea to a requirement to getting it done. Other companies do something similar, so it’s hard to say they do it better than someone else. It is always important to have a low-maintenance vendor.

It would be good if ScienceSoft felt more confident about giving feedback about our side of the project. That would be the ideal scenario. However, it’s a byproduct of the type of team we’ve assembled. We’ve established a direct interaction instead of having a customer service model. I can’t really say that it’s on them to improve this.

Overall Score We’ve had some challenges based on our size. We were able to manage that better with the relationship.
    That’s a difficult scenario because we drive the deadlines and the changes. It’s not like we hand the project to them and give them a due date. Nobody’s perfect.
    We’re based in California, so if I compare to what I would pay here, it’s quite good. There’s a definite value. We have a blend of different resources, from junior to senior.
    They’ve worked on a lot of projects for us, including a core platform and other functionalities within our environment.

Dedicated Dev Team for Medical Company

“ScienceSoft has the skills and knowledge required to complete tasks well.”

May 2017 - Ongoing

ScienceSoft utilizes the Java jQuery stack, Spring, and Tomcat to augment web-based backend development.

Markham, Ontario
VP, Information Technology

They provide consistent on-time delivery, seasoned skill sets, and reliability. Communication regarding availability of internal resources and a facility for exceeding expectations establishes them as an indispensable partner.

I’m the VP of IT for a large Canadian producer (licensed) of medical cannabis.

What challenge were you trying to address with ScienceSoft?

I usually keep 3–4 offshore vendors available for our various projects.

Our projects are mostly intranet-related, as well as some public-facing. ScienceSoft provided web-based backend development. The system is large, but I usually distill the work to simple tasks. I use ScienceSoft for sprint projects in the Java jQuery stack, Spring, and Tomcat.

I work with two Java developers and another for HTML/JavaScript. ScienceSoft augmented my built-in process. We have an architect, a project manager, and developers internally, who guide ScienceSoft and ensure that their deliverables meet our expectations. ScienceSoft strictly follows my team’s instructions, with everything prepared for them.

How did you come to work with ScienceSoft?

They reached out to me and told me they had the capacity to join an active project. I had at least four vendors at the time, and I hadn’t worked with ScienceSoft before. I prefer to mix and match different skillsets, which is one of the reasons ScienceSoft came on board. They had different rates and quality developers compared to our other vendors.

We began working with them in May 2017. We’ve worked together on three separate web projects, and two of them are ongoing.

The first project goes live within a couple of weeks. We had no major issues, and their performance met my expectations. I have strict guidelines for code, so I reviewed everything ScienceSoft delivered. From a development point of view, ScienceSoft has the skills and knowledge required to complete tasks well. They are worth what I pay for their services.

How did ScienceSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

The collaboration is completely remote. We communicate well, and their English level is good. Our daily scrum calls are via Skype, where we use screen sharing, and we also use JIRA for our ticketing system. I need to know about developer vacations, and there hasn’t been any unexpected departures.

The major factor in any outsourced project is time management. ScienceSoft does 95–100% of the work I pay for, which is better than a 100-person team with poor output. ScienceSoft has a good skillset and knowledge, and they also do things right and on time. They never cause delays, and they always overdeliver.

I use ScienceSoft as staff augmentation, so they don’t make decisions on their own. They complete work reliably, and I’m happy with them.

Overall Score I am happy, and I will definitely have more projects with them.
    They are neither our cheapest nor most expensive option. I use resources between $20 and $70 per hour.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Desktop Application for Online Book Retailer

"Anything that we identified was fixed by ScienceSoft's development team within a day or two. There were fewer than 15 bugs so far, most of them small."

ScienceSoft was hired to build a desktop application allowing buyers on the firm's website to  synchronize and download purchases easily.

Atlanta Metro Area
CTO, Online Book Retailer

ScienceSoft stands out for producing an application with fewer than 15 bugs and fixing all issues quickly. ScienceSoft is recommended for development work.

Our company provides online book sales and on-demand printing. We're an in-between for manufacturers, publishers, and consumers, specializing in niche markets like role-playing games, war games, comics, and so on. I am the vice president and chief technical officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with ScienceSoft?

We wanted to create a desktop application that would allow people to synchronize and download purchases they'd made from our site easily.

ScienceSoft used a framework called qt.io as a front-end, which functions across multiple operating systems. Our initial program was for Windows, but we were looking to branch out to OSX, iOS, and so on. The communication is done over HTTPS, with ScienceSoft's program calling APIs [application programming interfaces] on our server. Visual Studio was used for most of the programming. ScienceSoft created some user interface and user experience designs, based on our general idea of what kind of program we wanted and what options we had available.

How did you come to work with ScienceSoft?

I did a Google search looking at software development companies specializing in OSX and other platforms, made a laundry list, and contacted the ones that looked promising. I received a request for proposal from each one and decided to go with ScienceSoft.

How much have you invested with ScienceSoft?

The total cost of our project with ScienceSoft was between $30,000 and $40,000.

We started working together in May 2016. ScienceSoft has made a working Windows version, but we plan to have an ongoing collaboration, making further iterations of the program and also porting it to other platforms.

We haven't released the software yet and are still doing some internal alpha and beta testing with bigger customers, but we do feel that the project was successful. We don't have many metrics around the software yet but, overall, it seemed to have very few bugs. Anything that we identified was fixed by ScienceSoft's development team within a day or two. There were fewer than 15 bugs so far, most of them small.

How did ScienceSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

The main thing worth noting is that ScienceSoft uses Russian developers, which don't work on United States time. Sometimes, when we had bug fixes to request or questions, it could take ScienceSoft a day to get back to us, making the communication a bit difficult. A 3- or 4-email conversation could sometimes take a few days to complete.

Are there any areas ScienceSoft could improve?

Other than communication, I can't think of anything for ScienceSoft to improve. They were nice to work with.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with ScienceSoft?

Clients should work with ScienceSoft on the software specifications document. ScienceSoft did most of that work for us and did a good job. They know their own processes and procedures, which was helpful.

ScienceSoft was better than us in terms of getting work done on time. Some of our work required changing APIs, which meant that ScienceSoft was waiting on us.
    Very strong.
    ScienceSoft performed well overall, but we had to go back and forth on some visual design elements. They produced some non-standard user interface logic, but those issues were small and solved quickly.

Ongoing Dev for Computer Software Firm

"The resources provided by [them] were all qualified, and have delivered what we've asked."

2012 - Ongoing

ScienceSoft supplies .NET/JavaScript/iOS developers based on project demand and their involvement remains ongoing.

Ridgewood, New Jersey
Founder & CEO

Strengths include access to a wide range of qualified technical staff and reasonable flexibility when it comes to dedicated resource assignments.

We are a services provider based in the US. We deliver custom software, project management, and deployment to customers in the transportation sector. We are a small company and work on a limited number of projects. I am an owner of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with ScienceSoft?

We needed additional resources, which ScienceSoft was able to provide.

We have worked with ScienceSoft on some small but important projects, whenever we couldn't acquire the necessary number of resources. Most of the time, they've been able to assist us. ScienceSoft has been our only outsourcing company.

ScienceSoft has mostly provided .NET, JavaScript, and Objective-C [iOS] coders. We have used up to two full-time resources from their side. I have a development background myself and have had multiple roles, including those of architect and project manager.

We had an issue with an iOS deployment at one point, and ScienceSoft had to engage a senior resource, which wasn't a problem. Our issue got resolved.

ScienceSoft also offered design and user experience specialists, but our end-customer already had those resources on-staff.

How did you come to work with ScienceSoft?

I knew their vice president of sales and found this to be good leverage in the case of any issues. ScienceSoft was one of the more serious options we were considering at the time, but we also looked at hiring individual offshore consultants. This usually doesn't work well, though. Our customer was happy with ScienceSoft's estimate, so we moved forward.

How much have you invested with ScienceSoft?

The total cost of ScienceSoft's resources has been around $40,000.

We started working with ScienceSoft around 2012.

The resources provided by ScienceSoft were all qualified, and have delivered what we've asked of them. I can't say anything negative about ScienceSoft. It's a good company to work with.

How did ScienceSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

We usually requested the resource allocations. ScienceSoft was able to accommodate us only in some cases, but this was mostly due to our own company. Most of the time, ScienceSoft did find resources when we needed extra work after an initial engagement. Resources never disappeared from a project, quite the opposite. We have worked strictly on a time-and-materials basis.

I have an assigned account manager from ScienceSoft, and can communicate anything to her in order to stay informed on what resources are available, and when.

We use Jira and Source Control internally. ScienceSoft offered its own management tools, but we've preferred to use our own systems. Everything is posted on our platforms at the end of the day.

What did you find most impressive about ScienceSoft?

I don't know how their other accounts are managed, but I am pretty happy with ScienceSoft.

Are there any areas ScienceSoft could improve?

I have been working in this industry for a long time and improvements can always be made, but I'm not in the position to suggest something about ScienceSoft. They're a competent company and I'm happy as a customer.

We work on time-and-materials, so I can't fully qualify this answer. ScienceSoft stuck to our agreements, though.
    ScienceSoft only had one pricing structure when we started out, but this changed over time.
    I would recommend ScienceSoft especially to larger customers.

CRM Development for Microsoft Partner

"We keep going back to ScienceSoft for more work, so we've been very happy with the quality of their code and general understanding of our CRM."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

ScienceSoft has been partnered long-term with a Microsoft gold partner agency to design and develop CRM [customer relationship management] applications plus provide estimation work for client projects to fill a void in the client's expertise.

San Diego, California Area
CRM Lead, Arbela Technologies

ScienceSoft is recommended to others with complex CRM needs because of their expertise and project management skills. They always deliver on time and on budget, or even under budget, which explains the client's long-term trust.

Arbela Technologies is located in Irvine, California. We are an AX CRM Microsoft solutions gold partner. I am the CRM lead for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with ScienceSoft?

We have several in-house consultants, but we don't have CRM developers, so we've primarily used ScienceSoft's services for any development work and estimate gathering in the pre-sales phase.

ScienceSoft has been heavily involved in building our systems, both in terms of development, as well as functionality design to a lesser extent. ScienceSoft has been in charge of JavaScript coding, plug-in modifications, custom reports, and changing out-of-the-box functionalities in our CRM, over the course of a couple of projects.

ScienceSoft assigned at least 3-4 people for our projects, out of which 2 of them worked with us on a constant basis. We've also had some administrators involved for on-premises installations. We work with resources directly.

How did you come to work with ScienceSoft?

Our president and Chief Executive Officer was the one who initially contacted ScienceSoft, so I'm not sure how the connection was made. We do employ resources in their area of the world, having headquarters in Belarus and other European locations. At one point, we met with one of the lead developers from ScienceSoft locally, in Irvine. Together with him, we came up with a plan of how we could utilize ScienceSoft's development skills.

How much have you invested with ScienceSoft?

I don't have this information. We use ScienceSoft on an ongoing basis, and they invoice us monthly. There's always active work for ScienceSoft to do.

We started working with ScienceSoft one year ago, which is also when I started working with the company. They may have done previous work for our company before that time. We have an ongoing relationship with ScienceSoft. We're now finishing the design phase on a new project, and I've sent them some other items on which I want an estimate. ScienceSoft has been involved in several projects, both for ongoing maintenance and functionality changes, as well as brand-new implementations.

We keep going back to ScienceSoft for more work, so we've been very happy with the quality of their code and general understanding of our CRM. I've worked with other overseas companies, which came with some challenges. I've not experienced this with ScienceSoft.

How did ScienceSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

ScienceSoft has always delivered on-budget or under, and their turnaround time has been excellent. Whenever we needed to get some work done on a tight schedule, ScienceSoft had good responsiveness. One of the reasons for going back to ScienceSoft was that, whenever they made a time estimate, they stuck to it. There was only one exception to this, when ScienceSoft went over-schedule by a couple of hours, but I could understand their circumstances. The requirements changed slightly, and ScienceSoft still delivered within reasonable time.

We don't use any specialized project management tools. We mostly communicate with ScienceSoft through email and Excel. I start a new spreadsheet of ongoing issues to be fixed, or new functionalities and features. I make descriptions in as much detail as possible, sometimes providing additional design documents for more complicated tasks. We have a back-and-forth process with ScienceSoft, through which they will provide an initial time and budget estimate. Once in a while, we'll also use GoToMeeting, whenever we need to create an overly-complicated functionality which I need to ensure that ScienceSoft will understand.

What did you find most impressive about ScienceSoft?

Typically, ScienceSoft has been able to easily understand what's needed. I also appreciate the fact that I can bounce ideas off of ScienceSoft's team, and figure out the best way of handling a task. I have my own ideas, but it's good to have a back-and-forth process nonetheless. As an example, a customer wanted to introduce product hierarchies. We'd been discussing the pros and cons between creating custom entities and fields, or using out-of-the-box functionalities. ScienceSoft gave me insight into their experience with each approach. I appreciated the fact that ScienceSoft won't simply do what is asked of them, but rather bring in their own feedback and ideas of what is best for a particular functionality. ScienceSoft never came back to me with a straight no, but rather offered alternatives for any request. I've tried to do this with my own customers.

I find ScienceSoft to be very responsive, knowledgeable, and overall pleasant to work with. It's been a good partnership thus far, so good that we haven't had to hire any internal resources. We have consultants, but no developers.

Are there any areas ScienceSoft could improve?

Our only limitation is that, because I'm located in the West Coast, our hours don't match up very well at times. ScienceSoft has performed well overall, though.

ScienceSoft is a proven commodity to us, but in general, unless a client checks a developer's references, or knows where they're coming from, they won't know what kind of code that company will deliver. ScienceSoft has always delivered for me, so I would recommend them, but there are always unknown factors.

ScienceSoft is great at maintaining timelines, but our time zone difference has made it difficult to schedule meetings on occasion. For me, meetings always have to be early in the morning.
    ScienceSoft has developed good-quality code for us. There will always be some issues, but the overall quality was great.
    I would highly recommend ScienceSoft.

Development Support For Software Company

"They are a no-nonsense and straightforward company."

2014 - Ongoing

ScienceSoft augments an IT firm's development team in order to save time and money. They have supplied front- and back-end work on navigation and radio systems, websites, and apps.

Detroit, Michigan
Nader Afshar
Founder, Persis Consulting

Clients are extremely satisfied with every product and return to ScienceSoft for further projects. The team earns praise for their timeliness, collaborative approach, and technical expertise. Their transparent clarifications minimize confusion and ensure clean, high-quality deliverables.

We develop turnkey and bespoke software, including connectivity, telematics, and infotainment systems.

I am the founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with ScienceSoft?

We wanted to expand our capabilities beyond the resources that we had and, at the same time, find a way to be more competitive on the market as far as development cost was concerned.

We have used ScienceSoft on a collaboration basis, combining resources from both of our companies.

We've worked on four projects together. Our involvement with ScienceSoft varies from project to project. We tend to receive work with a broad spectrum with mobile apps and websites as components.

We developed a turn-by-turn navigation system for a large OEM [original equipment manufacturer]. It encompassed everything from a back-end, middleware, and front-end to third-party integration and mobile apps. Another project was a complete radio system for a tier-one supplier. It included both hardware and software components, with the hardware side being handled by a partner.

We are currently developing a proposal for an upcoming project using ScienceSoft. Our clients tend to be larger, Fortune 50 companies. When an opportunity comes up, we will bid on the work along with many other, larger companies. We haven't been successful every time, but we've certainly tried.

How did you come to work with ScienceSoft?

We were looking for a culture fit with our company. There are many overseas developers, but not all of them approach projects the same as us. ScienceSoft contacted us, we went through a due-diligence process and gave them a few teaser projects in order to see if there was a culture fit. So far, I've liked ScienceSoft's responsiveness and approach to projects. They are a no-nonsense and straightforward company. Regardless of what happened, ScienceSoft stood by their claims, which was important to us.

We've been working with ScienceSoft for two years.

It has been very helpful to have ScienceSoft as a partner. Their work has been efficient and well-received by our clients. On a couple of projects in particular, ScienceSoft's quality of work was high enough to attract follow-up projects.

How did ScienceSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

We've been able to collaborate with everyone in ScienceSoft's team, rather than just specific project managers. From their end, ScienceSoft has managed the work well enough to keep up with timelines and not miss anything.

What distinguishes ScienceSoft from other providers?

I appreciated the fact that there's no nonsense about what ScienceSoft proposed and delivered to us. We've had many collaborations in the past, trying to get everything well-defined and understood, but there were misunderstandings along the line. Any issues that came up with ScienceSoft were remedied quickly with no problems whatsoever. This is what made our collaboration valuable. If we can put away discrepancies between partners, then the client will receive a well-put-together product.

Is there anything ScienceSoft could have improved or done differently?

ScienceSoft should try to find ways in which we could collaborate more within the United States Eastern time zone. Other than this, everything has been good. ScienceSoft is very responsive.

The larger the projects get, and the more people we engage on ScienceSoft's side, the better our collaboration will be.
    In terms of value, ScienceSoft is closer to 5.
    We haven't worked enough with ScienceSoft in order to reach a perfect score. ScienceSoft has done superb work overall.

PHP and MySQL Development for IT Company

“[ScienceSoft]'ve always been able to guide us and manage projects, delivering on time and on budget.”

July 2015 - Ongoing

ScienceSoft built a platform for the client using PHP and MySQL as well as native iOS and Android applications. The client plans to partner with ScienceSoft on more projects in the near future.

Moorestown, New Jersey
Bob Penland
CTO, TruMethods

The client initially chose to partner with ScienceSoft due to their wide range of capabilities and willingness to allocate resources to the project. The client credits their trust in ScienceSoft to their attention to detail with documentation and communication.

‎TruMethods is a training and software company for IT service providers. We teach small and medium-sized clients how to plan, build, and deliver IT services to the global small to medium-sized business market.

I am the Chief Technology Officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with ScienceSoft?

We are a small entrepreneurial company which was started as a training organization, providing subscription-based content to IT companies. Over time, we realized that we needed a way of providing a framework which could deliver on key best practices. We created a product called myITprocess, which is a way for IT companies to set standards, evaluating their clients' environments against those standards. What is out of alignment can be assessed for business impact, thus obtaining a long-term strategic roadmap for each client. We had been teaching this manually, but we realized that software could help with the process. We're self-funded, so we have a limited amount of resources. As we grew over time, adding hundreds of additional IT companies, we needed a way of scaling the development with outside help.

We have a content delivery platform for which we needed some assistance. We first engaged with ScienceSoft on this smaller project, which was a way for us to evaluate their work methods and project management. ScienceSoft worked on our platform using PHP and MySQL, and also developed a native iOS and Android application for the company.

ScienceSoft is now working on our main software product, myITprocess, which was built using ASP.NET MVC, Knockout.js, DevExpress ASP.NET, and SQL server. ScienceSoft has a wide range of capabilities, which is one of the reasons for engaging with them. They've always been able to guide us and manage projects, delivering on time and on budget.

How did you come to work with ScienceSoft?

I spent a few months interviewing different organizations and individuals, looking to possibly build an in-house team. I found ScienceSoft through LinkedIn. I chose them because of their responsiveness, understanding of what we were trying to do as a business, and willingness to dive into the work. Overall, ScienceSoft was similar to other organizations, and it was hard to make a decision based solely on a company’s website. Ultimately, I chose them because of my comfort level with ScienceSoft's account executive. He was willing to use some resources in order to understand what we wanted to do, and to give us good guidance. From there, we were comfortable with ScienceSoft's proposal. We were given different options on how we could approach the project.

How much have you invested with ScienceSoft?

The total cost of our project with ScienceSoft has been between $50,000 and $200,000 to date. The cost will quickly go above that in the near future.

We started working with ScienceSoft at the end of July 2015.

With ScienceSoft, we've been able to reduce our development costs and decrease the timeline on new features and updates. For us, the most important part is having a partner which we can trust within the different aspects of our business. We're starting other projects, and we will be giving ScienceSoft more work. We have a number of ideas, and we have the confidence that we can accomplish them.

What did you find most impressive about ScienceSoft?

I've been working in this field for 15 years. ScienceSoft's attention to detail in how everything is documented and communicated is by far the best of any agency that I've worked with. The communication and agreement process when starting a new project has been by far the easiest to handle and most professional I've seen. My team on the product side has worked extremely well with ScienceSoft, even though they're remotely located.

Are there any areas ScienceSoft could improve?

When working through fixed-price projects, it can be a challenge for some people to understand all the details. Streamlining that process would be an improvement, but I can't identify anything glaring about ScienceSoft's work at this point.

Overall Score It has been a really good experience.
    Definitely, they're always on time.
    They're not the typical low cost outsourcing solution.
    I already do it.

Database Development for Management Consultancy

“The ScienceSoft team was very quick on the uptake, never making me explain myself twice.”

Sept. 2015 - Ongoing

ScienceSoft provided business intelligence data, web app coding, and web design services to port Excel data into a better database. The team built a KYUBIT app they continue to host, support, and develop.

New York City Metro Area
Jonathan Knowles
Founder & CEO, Type 2 Consulting

ScienceSoft’s work has facilitated more detailed and extensive data analysis. The team worked quickly, efficiently, and simply and displayed extensive competence regarding backend development. They clearly understood the scope and intent of the project and completed it using robust processes.

I'm the chief executive officer at Type 2 Consulting, a management consultancy, specifically focused on integrating finance and marketing perspectives on business operations. We tend to deal with a lot of data on the customer's side, as well as a lot of data on the internal costs of companies.

What business challenge were you trying to address with ScienceSoft?

I was looking for an outsourced data service for business intelligence, coding for web apps, website design, and so on and so forth. Although this is a part of our offering, it's not the core of what we do, so we tend to outsource that kind of work to 3rd party suppliers.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

I'd been nurturing our project on the calculation of intangible valuing within the global economy and had reached the limits of what was possible to do in Excel. I was looking for a developer that could port the data into a proper relational database. It seemed like ScienceSoft was a better match for this kind of work than for our other project, which was more to do with frontend user experience design, with little data manipulation on the backend. ScienceSoft used KYUBIT, which is a business intelligence package from a Croatian supplier that I'd never heard of before. They seemed to know exactly what they were doing and demoed what KYUBIT was able to do.

ScienceSoft is hosting the application for me at the moment, through a dedicated server. I ultimately want to offer this as a service for my customers, so there needs to be a robust backend and ongoing support for it.

I don't have a lot of insight into the number of resources allocated by ScienceSoft to my project. They're based in Belarus, and I haven't gotten the sense that there's a huge depth of English capability within their team. I've been consistently dealing with the project manager from ScienceSoft, who's been a first-class asset. I also interact with ScienceSoft's head developer. I've gotten the sense from our conference calls that there have been 2-3 other resources for our project.

How did you come to work with ScienceSoft?

We initially needed to build a web app for one of our customers, which is why I responded to some outreach from ScienceSoft. As I talked to them, I got the sense that ScienceSoft was extremely robust on the data management side, particularly database management.

I signed up with ScienceSoft for 2 services: a hosted server and ongoing time-and-materials maintenance. Our original contract was for less than $50,000.

We initially came in contact with ScienceSoft in June 2015 and started the work in September. The project was finalized in December. As I was able to look at the data in greater depth, I realized that much of it was sourced out of the S&P Capital IQ service. It is nowhere near as clean as we'd want it to be: local currencies appear when selecting dollars, the same company was allocated to multiple countries even though it only had one headquarters, and so on. I realized that I'd have to take on more data cleansing than I'd anticipated, which has led to a second stage of the project in 2016, by which ScienceSoft is helping me write the code for data cleansing activities. When we import the next year of data, we aim to have it be a less painful process.

I was delighted by the results of ScienceSoft's work. Having our data in an Excel format meant that there were only so many lookup functions which could be implemented before everything ground to a halt. I was able to slice and dice the data in ways which were not possible before: I could select individual years, countries, separate the data into deciles and quartiles, and analyze it independently. This has been a huge benefit for us.

How did ScienceSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

In working with ScienceSoft, we did nothing more sophisticated than using a shared Dropbox folder. We had good briefing sessions and I wrote project descriptions. I am not able to read code to any useful degree, so there was no point in me seeing work in progress. The first time I saw the application was when it was up-and-running in the beta stage. From ScienceSoft's point of view, there wasn't much to share, apart from a couple of screen grabs of wireframes, showing how they were planning to lay out the data, so there was no need for robust project management support.

What distinguishes ScienceSoft from other providers?

I've worked extensively with an Argentinian developer in the past, which I primarily used for web coding, as well as with an Indian one, which was assigned mobile app development and responsive design implementations. Compared to them, ScienceSoft has been very strong on the backend. This view is influenced by the fact that I haven't given ScienceSoft much to do in terms of user experience. They exuded extreme competence whenever I explained the type of analysis that I was trying to do, as well as the data filtering and logic tests required.

ScienceSoft was delightful to work with and proved to be different from the Indians, for example, who have immaculate but rather dated English language skills. The ScienceSoft team was very quick on the uptake, never making me explain myself twice. This was a huge plus, given the fact that most people won't understand what it is that I'm trying to do in terms of data analysis. When I tried working with previous developers, it always took a long time to explain the kind of manipulations I was trying to do, and what tolerances I required.

Is there anything ScienceSoft could have improved or done differently?

Ours was a pretty well-described project. I have been working on this kind of analysis for 15 years, so I knew what I wanted to do. In that sense, there wasn't a lot of consultation and advice which I needed for scoping the project and finding the trade-offs in terms of sources of data to use. ScienceSoft understood the job and had robust processes for completing the work. The application worked as I wanted it to at the end of the day. I'm sure that ScienceSoft has other capabilities which they'd have wanted to showcase, but there wasn't an opportunity for that on our project.

Overall Score I'm actively looking for other opportunities to use ScienceSoft. I've had a very good experience.
    This was a research project for my own firm, so the gaping factor here was the amount of time that I myself could spend on it. ScienceSoft was prompt and responsive, hitting the agreed-upon deadlines, but I don't think that I set a very taxing schedule.
    I briefed the same project to the Argentinian firm I was working with. They came in at twice the price, so I'd say that ScienceSoft gave me outstanding value.
    I can only think of one instance in which I had to correct the work done by ScienceSoft. Relative to other developers, ScienceSoft has been outstanding.
    For database applications with robust analytical design components, I'd be very willing to recommend ScienceSoft.

SharePoint Development for Financial Services Firm

"It has been a fantastic experience working with ScienceSoft."

Mar. 2016 - Ongoing

ScienceSoft redesigned the client's SharePoint site. They completed all initial development and UAT work and currently conduct day-to-day maintenance of the site.

New York Metro Area
IT Head, Lending Business

The site received very positive feedback from users and effectively represented the business. ScienceSoft was exceptionally responsive, cost-effective, and intuitive about the client's desired outcome.

We are a lending business, and I head our IT [information technology] group.

What business challenge were you trying to address with ScienceSoft?

I use ScienceSoft for our SharePoint work. Our old SharePoint site was migrated from our previous company, and it was basically crap. We wanted a new look and feel for our new site. I was looking at multiple vendors throughout North America, and I found ScienceSoft when I Googled SharePoint vendors.

They were involved in everything from designing the look and feel to setting up the development and UAT [user acceptance testing] for user acceptance to do the deployment and production. Right now, I use them for maintenance on a day-to-day basis. They're acting as our partner for SharePoint support. They used SharePoint 2013, which is a full Microsoft-based platform. Our Internet site is deployed on 2012 Microsoft Windows. We used SQL Server 2012, so that was another technology that they used in developing this project.

How did you come to work with ScienceSoft?

There were two reasons I was attracted to ScienceSoft. One was cost, which was the major driving force. The second one was the response time. I love the way they work. My account manager was a fantastic guy. I email him with my requirements, and they read my mind. I want somebody who doesn't just do the job that I'm telling them to do, but also comes up with new ideas.

We've spent between $10,000 and $50,000

I began working with them in March or April [2016]. They were helpful in creating the entire SharePoint site for us. That was the initial project, which they completed on time. I have also hired them on a day-to-day maintenance basis, so it's going to be ongoing for one year.

The response time and the perfection of their work was very important to me. We had our users compare the new SharePoint site to the old one, and the response I got on the look and feel was just fantastic. It truly represents our company, and that's what I was looking for – not just somebody who can update the documents and all of that.

How did ScienceSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

They did exceptionally well. The communication was very easy. I would tell them the requirements and they would understand it right away. They would come up with a solution immediately. The best thing about them is if they say they're going to deliver within a certain timeframe, they will do that. There has not been a single instance where I've had to follow up with them and check on what they're doing.

What distinguishes ScienceSoft from other providers?

It was their prompt response, great cost, and excellent project management, which I would like to highlight.

Is there anything ScienceSoft could have improved or done differently?

Because many of their people are offshore, it's sometimes a little challenging to understand their conversation. Same for me, too, because I'm from India. Apart from that, there isn't anything I can point to.

Overall Score It has been a fantastic experience working with ScienceSoft. They have always delivered and have been accurate in what they committed.
    There is not any instance during the project that they have not met the timeline.
    As far as cost perspective was concerned, they were the cheapest.
    Whether it’s simple email communication or project deliverables, I know when I’m approaching them that I will always get a response back.

Android App for Health Startup

"The engagement with ScienceSoft was probably the best offshore experience that I’ve had."

ScienceSoft designed and tested an Android mobile app to complement existing web-based and iOS versions.

Austin, Texas
CTO, Health Startup

ScienceSoft exceeded expectations and delivered the app without any bugs or necessary fixes. The team offered beta testing, consistent communication via phone and Slack, and cost-effective, high quality work.

The company name is Chiron Health. We are an Austin, Texas based startup in the healthcare industry - basically telemedicine. We provide a platform which allows doctors to talk to their patients via a web-based audio/video platform.

I am the Chief Technology Officer.

What business challenge were you trying to address with ScienceSoft?

We engaged them to build our Android mobile app. This is an app that complements our web-based app for our patients. We have an iOS app developed already so we wanted to get an app on Android that looked similar to the iOS app.

They helped test the app as it was in development. They designed the app as well.

How did you come to work with ScienceSoft?

I don’t remember exact searches, but I used Google to search for offshore development firms. I looked around Austin and then at a few different countries. I have experience with Latin American countries as well as Eastern European.

I put the prospect firms into two categories - offshore and within the US, and then had interviews with the offshore companies to talk about the engagement and the scope. ScienceSoft convinced me that they would be able to deliver the product, so I went with them.

We had a list of features we knew we wanted at launch. We got an estimate from ScienceSoft scoped at three months and around $15,000. Everything was pretty accurate.

It’s completed. We are in a warranty period. They are giving us support to fix bugs, and there haven’t been any bugs that we are aware of.

We do plan to engage them for some other projects. We want to add new features to the app. We’ve thought of new features to improve it. We want to engage them on a project for QA [quality assurance] testing. They have QA testing resources where they can help test our products.

I can compare this to our iOS app. That was our first mobile app and we had that developed by an Austin firm for much more money than our offshore firm. Our launch for the iOS app actually launched with quite a few critical bugs, which rendered the app unusable.

The experience with ScienceSoft was much better. We actually were able to do proper testing before we launched, partly because we learned from our mistakes on iOS, but ScienceSoft really facilitated testing on our beta environment.

We would be testing and they would see the logs on their end and fix crashes as we were testing the app. We also did it in a beta fashion. We enabled a beta program on the Google Play store and launched that way with ScienceSoft on standby to fix any bugs.

We don’t have any critical bugs filed from our users, a perfect score. We’re still gathering specifics about user engagement and the workflow and utilization of the app.

I wouldn’t say those stats are specifically significant though. We’re doing some workflow changes on our end. We are encouraging more users to use the app, but there are some reasons from our business perspective that keep us from wanting the app to be used widely right now.

How did ScienceSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

ScienceSoft had a project manager assigned to our project and our method of communication was very close. We had phone calls whenever we needed. They also joined our chat room via Slack. So the project manager and the two developers would be in daily contact with our developers in our company chat room.

What distinguishes ScienceSoft from other providers?

Overall, the engagement with ScienceSoft was probably the best offshore experience that I’ve had. I’ve worked with Indian firms and Costa Rican firms in the past to provide perspective. Estimation and communication was all spot on as well.

Is there anything ScienceSoft could have improved or done differently?

On our end, we had some APIs [application program interfaces] that we should have prepared beforehand. So there was a slight delay on the project, but I would attribute that to Chiron because we had to build out the backend API a little more so the mobile app could connect to it.

The engineers from ScienceSoft were very open about that and flexible to wait for us, and then they also brought up solutions.

We were never held up by them.
    The original estimate did not change and value I can compare that to our iOS engagement. ScienceSoft provides great value.
    That’s comparing it to our iOS - the design and the crash rate is good. It looks better than our iOS app.