Website Design and Development Solutions

Scarlett’s Web, Inc. leverages diverse technical talent and experience to produce website design solutions that integrate into your information and technological needs. We provide our clients with a website development partner that can make strategic recommendations, visually design, create, and manage custom web development products, e-commerce design, provide shared and dedicated hosting, graphic design, multimedia, and support solutions to solve core business challenges.

Scarlett’s Web, Inc. takes your company’s brand and message, constructs the information into an easy-to-use system, and surrounds it with stunning visual design, accessibility, and affordable technologies. We consider a wide range of website design technologies when developing a site; including HTML, PHP, XML, DHTML, CSS, ASP, ASP.NET, JavaScript, Ajax and jQuery, then decide which solution will work best for your company.

Our website and graphic design team will provide the appropriate technologies enabling your business to succeed.

1994
Gastonia, NC
  • 406 S Chester Street, Suite 101
    Gastonia, NC 28052

• DKCNews
  • Cahoon & Cross
  • Elizabeth City Pasquotank Economic Development Commission
  • Origin Land Surveying and Mapping, Inc.
  • Jane Pope Jewelry

Jim White Fitness

Wordpress CustomTheme Development

Gray Walker Interiors Image

Gray Walker Interiors

Custom WordPress theme development and design

Origin Land Surveying & Mapping, Inc. Image

Origin Land Surveying & Mapping, Inc.

Custom Design and Development

ASE.ORG

Custom theming for Drupal CMS

EEGlobalforum.org Image

EEGlobalforum.org

Custom theme and plugin development, Wordpress.

ElizabethCityPasquotankEDC.com Image

ElizabethCityPasquotankEDC.com

Custom WordPress  theme and plugin development, ElizabethCityPasquotankEDC.com

AskHRGreen.org Image

AskHRGreen.org

Custom WordPress theme and plugin development

Cahoon & Cross Advertising Firm WordPress Development

"The relationship has been very successful, and Scarlett’s Web does very good work. I’m extremely happy with it."

Scarlett’s Web developed and implemented several Wordpress sites from provided designs. She also designed a database and a calendar module, and established a productive workflow over multiple projects.

Norfolk Metro Area
Founder and President, Cahoon & Cross

Scarlett’s Web always met project requirements and often provided additional functionalities of her own accord. Scarlett’s core strength was her ability to listen closely to what was desired and act accordingly.

Please describe your company.

We are an advertising, marketing, and public relations firm, and we’ve been in business for 27 years. We are located in Virginia.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am one of the two owners and founders.

What was your goal for working with Scarlett's Web?

Scarlett was retained as the programmer on several WordPress websites that we were responsible for building for our clients. Her role was to build the backend based on the designs that were provided by our creative partner, which is Red Chalk Studios.

Red Chalk Studios did the design, the strategies, and the navigational concepts. Based on their concepts, Scarlett [Joy, the principal at Scarlett’s Web] implemented that. Although she didn’t work on the visual design then, but is on a current project, she is designing the database that will be used for all the data entry on all the listings. She is working on the calendar module that we are developing.

What was your process for selecting Scarlett's Web with which to work?

Initially, we had several programmers that we either had direct experience with, or had been recommended to us. Out of those, we selected Scarlett’s Web because we felt they most nearly met the needs that we had for the project. They had the specific experience in WordPress that we were interested in. That was about five to six years ago. At that point, WordPress, Joomla, and a lot of others had been out there, but WordPress hadn’t been used as much as it has been recently. That experience was very important to us.

Once we made that selection, we planned and built additional websites. We made the decision to select Scarlett’s Web primarily because we had developed into a team, and everybody knew what everybody else was going to do. We knew what the processes were, and it was important to me as well as my clients to keep that team together. I knew we could deliver what we said we would do, and we could deliver it within the timeframe that was required.

Can you provide a ballpark figure for the size of the work that they’ve done for you?

In terms of hours, I can easily figure that we did a minimum of 250 hours on a project. We have gone as high as 500 hours. It depends on the size and the scope of the project.

When was the latest milestone completed for that work?

Scarlett's Web does ongoing work for multiple client sites. She works with us on all of those accounts. We have updated, changed, made modifications, and that sort of thing. The engagement is indefinite. We have no plans to change course at all. We're in the midst of a project now, but the last project that was completed was June of 2013.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

I can comment generally about our satisfaction with the end product. Whether or not it actually met the client's needs as were originally outlined, Scarlett’s Web has always met the requirements and oftentimes gone beyond to create some additional solutions to things that we had not anticipated, but we needed to do in order to make it easier to manage for the future.

Is there anything unique about Scarlett's Web that really makes them stand out, compared to other companies?

Working with them has always been excellent. Because she listens and is part of the process, she oftentimes comes up with ideas that are going to make it even more effective for the client. The relationship has been very successful, and Scarlett’s Web does very good work. I’m extremely happy with it.

Because I’m not a technical person, I would have no way of knowing that. All I can comment on is my level of satisfaction in terms of delivering what I thought she was going to deliver. In that regard, she has done that. Because I am not a programmer, and would hardly have any comprehension of what she really does, I would have no way of commenting on that.

The deadlines are always met, but because there are so many variables, the deadlines have to be fairly fluid. It's not a finite thing always that has to be ready by a certain date.
    Very likely.

Elizabeth City Economic Development Council Web Development

"Scarlett's Web is an absolute pleasure to work with."

Scarlett’s Web collaborated with a PR firm to modernize a local economic development commission’s Wordpress website. Core task was designing admin dashboards and integrating social media.

Elizabeth City, NC
Director, Elizabeth City Economic Development Council

The website has been very well received; social media integrations have drastically improved the site’s reach. Scarlett’s Web was an enthusiastic, creative partner with a deep bed of expertise.

My organization is the Elizabeth City-Pasquotank County Economic Development Commission. It is a quasi-governmental office that does marketing and economic development for the community. It is jointly funded by the city and the county as the name of the organization implies.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I am the director.

What was your goal for working with Scarlett’s Web?

We had a fairly good website in terms of content; graphically, it was kind of dated. I have a little bit of Web development experience, and since it was PHP HTML, with a MySQL backend, I was the only person who could go in and make editorial changes or changes to the database. With a WordPress platform, any number of people who I authorize can now make editorial changes. Scarlett has been designing dashboards for the database that are far easier to use than going in the backend by PHP MyAdmin.

There was a lot of heavy design work, but Scarlett collaborated with the Cahoon & Cross PR firm, which is the firm that manages our site. Cahoon & Cross, in turn, contracts out the graphics to Red Chalk Studios, which is an extremely talented graphic design department. We had Scarlett [Joy, the principal at Scarlett’s Web], who has a good design eye in her own right, working with Red Chalk. The collaboration produced a very good-looking site.

Could you assess how WordPress and its strengths for your organization?

WordPress works very well. The original website had been designed by Red Chalk. It was PHP with a database backend that we managed through PHP MyAdmin. I have designed a number of sites on a volunteer basis for our local Rotary Club and First in Flight Festival. I had always used the Drupal content management system, which is pretty good. My take with WordPress is even with Drupal, I’ve tried to teach a few volunteers at the Rotary Club to go in and find a block. It works very well once they get it, but it's a lot less intuitive than WordPress for somebody who wants to go in to make an editorial change.

What was your process for selecting Scarlett’s Web with which to work?

We relied completely on Cahoon & Cross for the site. They have done a stellar job as our PR firm. They brought in Red Chalk for our graphics design work. When they said they had found a really good Web developer, they had a lot of credibility based on their track record. We didn’t question it.

Scarlett’s Web part of the project was about 50/50. The graphic design and slideshows were Red Chalk, but everything that makes it work and integrates it was Scarlett.

When was the latest milestone completed for that work?

It was in mid 2013.

Do you have any stats or metrics to track improvement from the project?

The project was very well received by the people who saw it. This isn’t exclusive to WordPress, but the site is extremely well integrated with social media. The fact that it is so well integrated with social media has made it a little easier for us to get the word out about things we want to talk to the community and prospects about.

I’ve worked with a lot of programmers. Usually, the better they are, the harder they are to work with. If there’s a problem, it must be user error. Scarlett's Web is an absolute pleasure to work with. If you come up with an idea that you might expect a programmer to say it wasn't covered in the contract, she will respond differently. She usually gets excited and comes back with something that’s even better than what you were trying to get her to do. It's very unusual to find somebody with her technical capability and her enthusiasm.

I’ve looked at sites that Scarlett has provided as a demo, and they’re not quite as loaded as our site. I think that was more the result of the Red Chalk collaboration. There is so much interesting stuff on the welcome back that it loads a little more slowly than I would like. Other than that, of all the people that have looked at it, maybe one or two people mentioned that, and the other 98 comments have been very positive.

I just recommended them to another firm.