#ChangeTheWorld

SayOne Technologies full-stack web and mobile development company based in India. Our team is dedicated to giving human thoughts to technologies to help businesses to flourish.

SayOne provides IT solutions to clients to make their business future ready. We devise mobile and web solutions to take your business higher. Our domain expertise and technical excellence with the right amount of innovation will give your business an edge over others. With our gen next technological solutions, we help our customers to place themselves in a unique position that gives them a competitive edge.

Today we are among the top agile software development house in India with over 60 full-time employees headquartered in Kochi, Kerala

TALK TO US. GET IT DONE!

Facts & Figures:

• 150 + customers
  • 150+ projects delivered in 10 countries
  • 50+engineers – the largest dedicated team
  • 5 years the longest engagement and counting

Our Service

• Web Application : Python, Django, PostgreSQL, Node.js, MeteorJS, REST API, AngularJS, ReactJS
  • Mobile Application development: Android, iOS, Cordova, React Native

• SayOne Technologies
    1335 Main St. Suite 108
    St. Helena, CA 94574
    +1 707 771 0038

Myvinotype, EarthmilesUK, VineTrail, Protein for pets, Kliko Albania, Twitching, Initiuminc

Django Dev & Staff Augmentation for Software Consulting Firm

"They enable us to be more competitive in our market."

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

SayOne Technologies provides Django developers to augment internal teams. Projects have included a synced web and mobile networking app and a Salesforce-based patient management platform.

Boise, Idaho
Patrick Falvey
Managing Partner, DjangoForce

Projects have received consistently positive user feedback, motivating an ongoing partnership. While a larger resource pool would be welcome, SayOne developers’ intuitive collaboration, high-level talent, and availability during business hours offer partners a competitive edge.

DjangoForce is a software consulting firm. We act as freelancers for any company that needs software developed. I am a partner.

What challenge were you trying to address with SayOne Technologies?

We needed quality, affordable talent that was available during our business hours. We were looking for Django and Salesforce.

We ended up working only with Django because SayOne didn’t have the Salesforce skills we needed, which they were honest about. They’ve worked on four or five projects with us at this point.

One of the projects was a web application synced with a mobile app that allowed students and recruiters to become more organized at recruiting events, such as college job fairs.  It enabled users to log in with LinkedIn credentials, sync to their LinkedIn accounts, and receive QR codes that they could wear as badges. They could scan each other’s codes and find each other on the app afterward.

Another project they’re working on right now is a platform that syncs medical providers’ Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems, or patient management systems. It links a patient’s EMR with the company with a particular Salesforce instance, allowing collaboration between any attorneys and medical providers throughout the legal process.

We find the project and if we need more developers, we’ll talk to SayOne and try to use the same resources. SayOne is usually able to accomplish that. We’ll go over the project and they’ll build it.

We primarily work with the same team members, but it does vary. Sometimes there’s a lack of availability because a developer we want is working on a different project.

How did you come to work with SayOne Technologies?

We chose SayOne Technologies because they were quality developers and the price was right.

Between $60,000–$80,000.

We started working together in December 2016 and the work is ongoing.

We’ve only received positive feedback.

They enable us to be more competitive in our market. All in all, we can produce faster and cheaper because of the talent they offer and the price at which they offer it.

How did SayOne Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We typically handle the project management, but as far as communication on the developers’ end, it’s been great. I have nothing bad to say about them—they’ve been wonderful. They enable us to avoid working crazy hours because most of their developers can work during our business hours.

They are very intuitive. If, as a project manager, I need to communicate the initial requirements of a project to SayOne developers, they’re very good at taking those and figuring out what else is needed along the way. They don’t come back and ask 50 questions about reaching fairly logical and common-sense solutions. They’re very good at intuiting those answers on their own, and 99% of the time, they choose the right answer.

The only thing I would change is that we would like more available developers, but they’re getting there. Last time I checked, they had about 45 developers. They’re just busy. We would like to use them more. With that, we’d prefer developers to work more during normal U.S. business hours.

Overall Score I would definitely recommend them to a friend, and I definitely plan on using them more in the future.
    They usually ask us for more refined schedules than we’re able to give them. They’re happy to schedule as much as possible.
    The value is there. Their rates are very competitive. They allow us to stay competitive with their rates.
    Some of their developers are the best we have. They’re top-quality.
    Very likely.

Web Dev for Childcare Service Platform

"I haven’t had a bad day with SayOne."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

SayOne Technologies is designing and developing an e-commerce-enabled web platform to connect parents with childcare professionals. The design process was a collaborative effort.

Founder, Childcare Service Platform

SayOne Technologies is pleasant to work with; the back-and-forth decision-making process is straightforward and effective. The first project manager was excellent; the second one is more hands-off. SayOne prioritizes client satisfaction and is always open to feedback on their work.

We provide a platform where parents can connect childcare service providers. They have access to all the right information. We personally vet and check all the childcare services that are on our platform. The platform is currently available in North America. I’m the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with SayOne Technologies?

We needed to find someone working with Python and Django and who had a good knowledge of the AWS and the security component of it. Also, once the site goes live, we needed someone to support the site and fix any bugs.

They developed our website portal. There is payment involved as well. A lot of people have a prototype, but I didn’t want a ready-made product. This was something new and we wanted someone who knew what they were doing to write it from scratch. They also helped develop the design for the site. When I signed the contract, I provided them the logo. I had my own ideas of how things should look. They assigned designers and they walked me through their templates. I was really happy to see that whatever wireframes or designs I provided they could materialize it and show me what the final product would be. It actually looked good, and they were really quick on that.

How did you come to work with SayOne Technologies?

There are not a lot of people who work with Python and Django in India. When Googling web application development companies, Clutch shows up on the first page, and I found SayOne there. We wanted to find someone who could give quality service and had a good rating in general. We wanted someone who had a whole system including a project manager who would walk us through the process. SayOne hit all the areas I was looking for, and they had really good ratings. The price was an important factor as well. They were willing to negotiate and it worked out well. They are known in the Django community as certified developers. They were very enthusiastic and quick to respond.

How much have you invested with SayOne Technologies?

We have spent $8,000 on the project.

We started the project in April 2017, and the work is 85% complete. It’s in the testing phase now.

So far, I haven’t had a bad day with SayOne. They give suggestions and we go back and forth to make decisions. Interacting with them is good. It’s been a positive experience. They have a staging server where they push all the code changes, and I look at those. They also have a testing team, but the project is not finished. I’m doing the testing from my side as well, and I let them know if I find anything that’s not working.

How did SayOne Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management was fairly good. There was one project manager that left and I haven’t had a chance to talk to the replacement. I have talked to the developer directly instead of the new PM. The previous PM was good. He kept me updated on what was going on. After he left, it’s more challenging to get the status of the project and get on the phone with someone. The developers tend to avoid talking to the client, which is what I’m seeing now.

What did you find most impressive about SayOne Technologies?

They really understand what the client wants, and they’re open to suggestions. They have never hesitated when I bring something up. The whole experience has been good. They take responsibility and take their job seriously.

Overall Score They’ve been very good. They’ve met deadlines and have been very good at completing their spend goals, communicating, and keeping the client’s requirements above everything.
    We were hoping to go live by mid-June, and so far, they’ve completed 85% of the project which is above my expectation.
    This project is not that complex, and they were quoting a much higher number. We negotiated, and they came down from $12,000 to $8,000.
    Dealing with the client and understanding the needs is a strength of theirs. They’ve done a good job so far in talking with me and getting things done.
    I haven’t worked with other companies, so I don’t have anything to compare them to.

Mobile App Dev for Hospitality Startup

"SayOne brings in huge value with the mobile app they built for us."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

SayOne's developers first resolved issues in an existing hospitality management app [Android]. The project team now focuses primarily on building an updated version.

Sydney, Australia
Parter, FineDine

Milestones are rarely delivered late. Assigned resources demonstrate great flexibility and take the initiative in terms of problem solving.

I'm a designer and partner at a software company that develops products for restaurants and hotels. We have a point-of-sale system and a hospitality service management system.

What challenge were you trying to address with SayOne Technologies?

Initially, they helped us fix a production issue – a bug in the Android system, and that ultimately gave us a better product. They are building a mobile app for us now.

We were impressed by how well and how quickly SayOne Technologies fixed the initial bug. They are also good at UX/UI, and we thought we could use more quality work. Now, they are building us a mobile app. One of their strengths is a technical team that is able to fix bugs and product crashes quickly. They also have some in-house products they use to scan systems and track crashes. They fix all of their system crashes in a testing phase, which helps us build a product with a strong base.

How did you come to work with SayOne Technologies?

We checked with our contacts and somebody gave us SayOne Technologies. We got in touch with two other companies as well, but SayOne was more prompt and had the right business knowledge and a better technical base. We thought they would be more suitable for the project. We started looking around for an extra team when we realized our team didn't have the bandwidth to address certain procurements. SayOne Technologies even had some exposure to the procurement we had because they had developers who had prior experience with the industries. That helped us provide a solution to our customers.

How much have you invested with SayOne Technologies?

As of now, we have invested about $25,000 with SayOne Technologies.

We started working together around July 2016, and we have an ongoing relationship.

SayOne Technologies brings in huge value with the mobile app they built for us. They have a strong foundation and a technical native Android development team, which complements our team. SayOne also has saved us a lot of money by better integrating the Android Wi-Fi and mobile capabilities. Whenever the mobile app connects the server, it looks for the Wi-Fi, and if it gets disconnected, it can connect to the Wi-Fi automatically. That way, we are able to use the mobile app even in low Wi-Fi areas.

How did SayOne Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Five people worked on the mobile app, and we had contact with the designers and the technical lead. We actually have four teams working on the project: a design team, a marketing team, our development team, and their development team. Most of our communication goes through instant messaging systems because all of the teams are in different locations.

Are there any areas SayOne Technologies could improve?

They could come up with more project management tools because now we are handling everything in a nonstandard way. It would help to handle budgeting and procurement tracking. They took it positively when I made the same suggestion to them. I think they might be coming up with some online tools.

Overall Score They're pretty good.
    I only take a point off for their communication skills. Better communication between their team and ours would let us be in better understanding.
    That's good.
    Their quality is pretty good.
    I recommend them. We are going back to them, so there is no doubt about that.

Python & Django Dev for Internet Startup

"SayOne is a smaller company, so they're very accessible."

Apr. 2016 - Ongoing

SayOne both designed and developed a business networking tool. The solution is now in Beta, requiring ongoing maintenance and support.

Founder & CEO

Key highlights include superior communication skills and a genuine willingness to help their clients test/improve possible solutions. Supplying more realistic timeline estimates was one area for improvement.

We are a startup working in the professional social networking space. I'm the founder and chief executive officer.

What challenge were you trying to address with SayOne Technologies?

We needed to develop a web-based app related to the social networking aspects of our business.

SayOne Technologies developed our solution using Python and Django. We had a very high-level concept, and SayOne Technologies helped in terms of look-and-feel, by making mock-ups. Since we were not very clear initially on how the site should look, SayOne Technologies was willing to go over a few iterations.

Our website was deployed by SayOne Technologies, and it's being hosted on Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services.

Initially, SayOne Technologies assigned 2 frontend developers and 1 backend. Later, we had 1 frontend and 1 backend resource, as well as a project manager. We communicated with the technical engineers quite a bit. Since SayOne Technologies is offshore, and we employ an Agile methodology. We dialed in on daily meetings and had at least one weekly call with the entire team.

How did you come to work with SayOne Technologies?

We had a concept, but not the technical expertise for developing it. We did know that we wanted to use Python for development, so searched Google for offshore teams. The cost would be lower, but it would also be easier for us to communicate with the team after-hours since we all had other full-time jobs. We talked to a couple of groups, spoke to references, and felt like SayOne Technologies had a good understanding of Python and Django, as well as being reasonably priced.

We started working with SayOne Technologies in April 2016 and had a 6-month development run, which was a bit on the higher end of our estimates. The initial build has been completed, but we're working on some second-phase enhancements for the website using SayOne Technologies.

We are now in the beta phase, so we only have 15 or so users so far. Regarding general experience, SayOne Technologies was very easy to work with and quick on their feet. There were times when we needed to perform data extraction and had a choice of different technologies which SayOne Technologies' team themselves didn't know. They learned quickly, made an assessment for us, and came back with what would be best for our needs, and implemented everything quickly.

How did SayOne Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Jira for project management and Taiga for bug tracking. We also had daily calls with SayOne Technologies, going over the work. It was a smooth communication process, and SayOne Technologies was always available for us.

What did you find most impressive about SayOne Technologies?

SayOne Technologies is a smaller company, so they're very accessible. Whenever a developer working on our project didn't know how to handle a particular issue, we could bring in someone with more experience easily. SayOne Technologies made another resource available on the next call, helping us along the way. Not only were the developers themselves willing to collaborate, but SayOne Technologies as a whole provided an agile environment.

Are there any areas SayOne Technologies could improve?

Time estimates were a bit overly optimistic. This had to do with the fact that we were also a little weak initially regarding requirements. SayOne Technologies could improve on this front, but we've had an overall positive experience. I have never worked with offshore teams; even though some portions were a little vague, SayOne Technologies was good in working with us and finished the work within our budget.

Full Scale Project for Wine Startup

"SayOne Technologies has been good at understanding requirements and putting together a finished product which didn't need a lot of revising."

2010 - Ongoing

SayOne Technologies is engaged with a startup to help build a platform that assesses personality types and recommends wines based on the data, a complex project.

Co-founder, Wine Startup

SayOne Technologies is praised for high-quality development without many iterations necessary. SayOne Technologies is recommended to others.

We are a California-based LLC which has developed a platform for assessing sensory sensibilities. We ask users what they love, hate, and want. Based on the answers, we can find out preferences for spicy foods, restaurants, or soft towels, for example. We are able to assess what we call a person's Vinotype and tell them things about themselves, like the fact that they cut tags out of their clothes, their mother had morning sickness, and they love Pinot Grigio.

Our platform is a sort of Instagram for wine. It separates users into 4 typologies, including a hypersensitive category, and prioritizes posts based on their relevance. Seeing a 2-star review for a Mexican restaurant on Yelp won't offer any insight into who the reviewer was. We show reviews for places which people similar to the user have liked the most.

I am a co-founder and managing partner of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with SayOne Technologies?

We needed help building our initial platform.

SayOne Technologies developed our platform, initially as an iframe part of a WordPress site, and then in the form of a full Python-based Django site. We offer integrations through an open API. We've taken our survey platform and also built a mobile app out of it, which is now nearing completion.

SayOne Technologies has built almost everything related to our platform. I act as project manager and have provided the general concept and direction. SayOne Technologies has worked with me through the entire process of integrating functionalities for camera filters, review sharing, and so on. SayOne Technologies also handled the frontend design work, almost in its entirety.

How did you come to work with SayOne Technologies?

We are based in the Bay Area, where we posted an ad on Craigslist for local developers who had an interest in wine and would be willing to help us build an initial version of the platform. We found a local person who had worked with SayOne Technologies in the past, and made the introduction. He turned out to be quite flaky and didn't deliver, so we ended up going to SayOne Technologies directly.

How much have you invested with SayOne Technologies?

Each project we've had with SayOne Technologies has had a cost between $25,000 and $50,000, depending on the scope.

We started working with SayOne Technologies 7 years ago, and have an ongoing relationship. The 2 mobile apps aren't yet available in the stores. We're finishing the submission and approval process.

I've actually helped them build their own business by introducing SayOne Technologies to other contacts. I work with a non-profit organization in Napa Valley, for which SayOne Technologies has built websites and mobile apps.

SayOne Technologies has a good, talented team which works hard, and they've always been willing to dedicate resources to us. If we don't have enough people for getting a job done, SayOne Technologies will assign 2-3 additional developers in order to make sure that we hit a timeline.

In the first 3 years, we profiled 25,000 people through our platform, but this was mainly a function of marketing and distribution, and may not speak directly to SayOne Technologies' technical prowess.

How did SayOne Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

SayOne Technologies has been very organized in terms of project management, using different tools in order to wireframe approvals and make sure that we gather project requirements. We have weekly calls, making sure that we're on the same page, and SayOne Technologies has remained committed to getting the work done in a timely manner. I've usually had to use separate design and development teams in the past, but SayOne Technologies has in-house resources for both.

What did you find most impressive about SayOne Technologies?

We've been very pleased overall. I've worked with other developers in the past and found that asking them to create a cool, clean product didn't always translate. SayOne Technologies has been good at understanding requirements and putting together a finished product which didn't need a lot of revising.

Are there any areas SayOne Technologies could improve?

The time distance is my only complaint. I've spent a few late nights working with SayOne Technologies' developers in India. If they could start sleeping during the day, it would be great.

There will always be technical issues surrounding communication, and it can be difficult to understand accents, but this is the norm for working overseas and I don't find it to be a downfall of SayOne Technologies.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with SayOne Technologies?

Clients should set their expectations and be flexible. Projects always change, even in terms of timelines and pricing. One thing that I've liked about SayOne Technologies is their ability to be flexible, revising proposals and timelines, but the same mindset is required on both sides.

There have been some growth issues on SayOne Technologies' side, with them not knowing how to prioritize clients, not having the best project management tools, and so on.
    SayOne Technologies provided good value.
    There have only been a couple of small issues, and SayOne Technologies has been spot-on the rest of the time.
    I've done so multiple times in the past.

Testing Automation for Consumer App Startup

“We are very happy with the results so far.”

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

SayOne provides solutions to improve a platform’s quality assurance. The team initially developed the infrastructure on the backend and is implementing improvements to automate the test cycle.

Cambridge, Massachusetts
CEO, Consumer App Startup

The project initially began with a part-time developer from SayOne. Their excellent performance has since earned them a full-time contract. The team develops and delivers high-quality solutions on a weekly basis. Furthermore, they maintain open communication through their dedicated project manager.

We're a Cambridge-based startup working within the mobile messaging industry for the last three years. Our product is focused on emerging markets, which is why we've used offshore companies to test and validate many of our hypotheses.

I am the founder of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with SayOne Technologies?

We wanted to outsource the testing build out for our platform. We have a continuous integration solution that requires tests for every line of code built.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

SayOne Technologies is focused exclusively on our quality assurance process. They don't provide any manual tests. The whole process is automated. SayOne Technologies has built the whole testing cycle for our platform, including the back-end infrastructure. We have moved toward testing automation for mobile clients.

We started working with one part-time resource from SayOne Technologies and have moved up to a full-time person. We are also working with a project manager who provides reports to us.

How did you come to work with SayOne Technologies?

I found SayOne Technologies through a referral. Someone from our team had previously worked with their principal. We gave a trial project with SayOne Technologies, which worked out well. We have been working with them ever since.

We spent around $24,000 per year on SayOne Technologies's services. We have been working with a fulltime resource for a year and a half.

We have an ongoing relationship with SayOne Technologies.

We are very happy with the results so far. SayOne Technologies' team has been very committed. The person from our company who manages the relationship with SayOne Technologies has had no complaints. They show progress week after week.

How did SayOne Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

We have daily check-ins, paying attention to their activity. The only metric that we track is development time through a time-tracking tool.

What distinguishes SayOne Technologies from other providers?

We haven't had extensive experiences with foreign companies, but everything has worked well so far. The resource working with us has the ability to learn very fast, which is important for our activity. We need young people who can learn specific technologies very fast, which is something that SayOne Technologies has been able to provide.

Is there anything SayOne Technologies could have improved or done differently?

It would be good if we could have a quarterly check in with the head of SayOne Technologies [CEO and cofounder Real Prad] to assess how things are going and see if there is something that either us or their team could do to improve the relationship.

We have explored other options, but the cost of the learning curve was too high. We have been happy with SayOne Technologies's cost.
    The quality of the work done by SayOne Technologies could be improved, but they've done a great job overall, helping us advance our testing processes.
    We are very open to recommending SayOne Technologies.

Django Redevelopment for Pet Products Retailer

“The work has been great.”

SayOne developed an e-commerce site on Django with integrations for Lightspeed Cloud. The platform is used for inventory management and sales. The team is currently implementing additional features to the site.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Berenice Giannini
COO, Protein for Pets

The e-commerce aspect of the site — which is currently live — receives positive comments from the users. SayOne performs excellent services and is proficient at providing accurate time and budget estimates. Furthermore, the team is responsive and can quickly adapt to address urgent issues.

We are a pet retail store chain located throughout Southern California.

I am the chief operating officer of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with SayOne Technologies?

We have an online presence through which customers can shop and pick up items at specific facility or receive direct home deliveries. The tricky part about this system is that, because we don't have a centralized warehouse, the website needs to evaluate each store's differing inventory for a given user request.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

SayOne Technologies built our website using the Django platform. It was custom integrated and configured with our point-of-sales system, Lightspeed Cloud. We use it to manage our product inventories and display that information on the website built by their team. We initially worked with a third party and inherited the Django platform we're currently using.

The size of the team assigned to us varies depending on the workload. At peak times, there could be four developers working for us. Currently, we have one full-time and one part-time developer for our platform. We interact with them directly, using JIRA. The tool was selected by us, and it has been working very well. I write out requests for features and bug fixes during the day. It allows me to upload pictures and add as many comments as I need. SayOne Technologies then work durings the night and, when I wake up in the morning, I can review the results.

How did you come to work with SayOne Technologies?

A friend of mine recommended SayOne Technologies. They'd worked on a casino app and a couple of wine websites for him.

The total development cost so far has been around $30,000 to $40,000. The initial build was a fixed price psoject. We now keep SayOne Technologies on a service retainer. We have a full-time developer working for us and, from time to time, employ a part-time one, too.

The e-commerce part of our site went live on December 31, 2015. SayOne Technologies continues to build more add-on features. We built an ambassador program, order processing, and search functionalities as well as other improvements.

The work has been great. SayOne Technologies accomplished something, which was very tricky: allowing customers to walk around the store physically and have their own cash register in their cellphones. When shopping online with us, people access the direct inventory of particular locations. The majority of retail businesses have warehouses through which they fill requests. Our method is closer to ordering a pizza. It was a tricky situation, but SayOne Technologies built a solution that worked. They're very straightforward in fixing bugs and issues. It's always clear how a situation will be remedied or what workaround will be found for it.

Cost-wise, it has also worked well for us to have an on-call person that we can contact when something isn't working or when we want to add something new.

How did SayOne Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Like everything, there will be hiccups in our relationship, but I've found these issues to be quite reasonable. Any delays were due to the large scope of work. In the regular course of business, SayOne Technologies is good at estimating when they can finish a certain item.

What distinguishes SayOne Technologies from other providers?

I've come to know how long a particular item will take, and I have the advantage that they're flexible in terms of priority changes that I request. If, for example, they'd been working on a five-day project and something else broke and needed fixing immediately, SayOne Technologies would stop the other work right away. We are in the front lines, dealing with customers, so I appreciate that their team is able to shift priorities as needed. They're extremely flexible from a project management standpoint and that's really important to our unique business environment.

Is there anything SayOne Technologies could have improved or done differently?

I would like to have a phone number for daytime emergencies. There were urgent situations in which we had to wait until 9 p.m. before addressing a matter. It wouldn't be something that we'd abuse, but it would be important to have.

Web and Application Development for Nonprofit Organization

“They’ve got a legitimate team of developers who are service oriented and responsive.”

Aug. 2013 - Ongoing

SayOne developed a website to facilitate donations, e-commerce, and management of a non-profit organization. The project involved frontend development on Django and integration with the API on the backend.

Marketing Director, Nonprofit Organization

SayOne has a solid understanding of both Django and Python through which they deliver high-quality solutions. The team is innovative and strives to employ the latest technologies in every task. Their excellent performance earned them another contract which they are currently developing.

Please provide a description of your company.

We’re a local nonprofit organization in the Napa Valley. We do a number of things to promote and protect the legacy of Napa Valley. Our primary objective, at the moment, is to construct a 47-mile hike and bike trail up and down Napa Valley that people can use as an alternative form of transportation that’s both healthy and safe.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the marketing chair.

What was your goal for working with SayOne Technologies?

I needed them to develop a new website that’s tightly integrated with a constituent management platform. It ties an API [application programming interface] from our front-end user experience to the back-end, which makes donation management, e-commerce, volunteer management, and things of that nature a lot easier.

SayOne essentially wrote the code to create a front end on the Django platform and then tied it into the API on the back-end, which is on the Neon platform. Separate of that, we’ve contracted with SayOne to build a mobile app, which will be on iOS as well and Android and will bring the experience of our asphalt trail to life.

What was your process for selecting SayOne Technologies with which to work?

I had a local developer here in San Francisco who was using them and, to be honest, he was getting in the way. I ended up firing him and going straight to the folks at SayOne. I worked with them on multiple projects, from Web and mobile development to reporting analytics.

My projects are typically in the $5,000 to $25,000 range.

When did the relationship with SayOne Technologies begin?

We started working together around August 2013.

Can you talk about the results of the project and how you feel they performed in terms of the quality of their work?

The two core platforms we built on have been Django, so I feel like they have a good understanding of the core architecture there and the available plug-ins, including Python [programming language].

They’re very innovative and progressive in terms of being on the front end of what’s next and not using old technologies, which is one of the reasons I feel very comfortable using them no matter what the project is. They’re constantly learning and looking around the corner for what’s next.

The team they have is also very legitimate and professional in the way they approach a project. They’ll put together a term sheet with deliverables, and we’ll agree on benchmarks upfront. They’re very fair in terms of payment, and will literally wait until they’re done with the job before sending an invoice. Sometimes, I have to beg them for an invoice.

I feel like they’ve been very responsive. I’ve worked with a lot of overseas developers before, and there’s been an issue with accountability. I’ll send out a request, and I won’t hear from them for a week. SayOne has been great to work with because they’re responsive. They’ve got a legitimate team of developers who are service oriented and responsive.

Also, sometimes there’s a real language barrier when working with people overseas. With SayOne, I know that English isn’t their first language, but when I need to hop on a Skype call, we can talk and there’s no language barrier. I can communicate with them easily. They have a good Western sensibility to them, so they’re in touch with design elements and styles. It doesn’t take as much work with them as it could with other developers.

We sometimes had issues with the time difference. There’s always a lapse whenever I want to reach out to them.

Django Development for Entertainment Broadcasting Company

“They can probably build anything.”

SayOne develops various IT solutions for a broadcasting company. The project is ongoing and involves coding in Django and performing numerous backend tasks.

Tim Airamo
CEO, MMI Broadcasting

SayOne delivers high-quality, scalable products within deadlines. The team is highly responsive and remains on standby around the clock for troubleshooting and addressing issues. Furthermore, their ability to work with a wide variety of technologies qualifies them for most endeavors.

Could you briefly describe your organization?

I run a media company that works in the digital space, offering technology solutions to businesses and other organizations.

I’m the CEO of the company.

Could you describe the business challenge that you were trying to address when you first approached SayOne Technologies?

I’ve used a number of different developers and agencies for various projects. At the time I hired them, I needed an agency that was experienced in Django and the corresponding technologies. We didn’t have as much experience with Python and Django, so we knew we wanted a company that could offer a more nuanced and experienced eye.

Could you describe the scope of their involvement in greater detail?

We have projects involving Bootstrap, iOS, Android, Django, server-related stuff, Java, API [application programming interface] development, and some more basic things. I’ve given them a range of tasks in this space, and they turned out to be great in Django and some other lightweight back-end stuff. They’re pretty brilliant in that area, and that’s where I concentrate their resources.

How did you come to choose SayOne Technologies as your partner?

I generally find my developers through freelance platforms like Elance or oDesk. We started with a freelance project, which turned out to be great. I then added more responsibilities on another project and gave it to them. They performed very well, so I decided to keep them as our development partner

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this particular engagement?

It was between $30,000 and $40,000.

Do you maintain an ongoing relationship with them?

Yes. We are now working on a contract basis, and we have several upcoming projects.

In terms of results, could you share any statistics, metrics, or user feedback that would demonstrate the quality of their performance?

We have a different kind of process. It’s not standard where we just get the scope and they develop and deliver, and then the job is done. I deliberately made the decision that we’re not building this business on one goal. We’re basically building individual components that can be put together and become a bigger unit. With that perspective, I think the biggest measurement is that everything works and everything scales, and that’s good news. If something doesn’t work, I can reach those guys throughout the day, and we can troubleshoot. I’ve never had an issue with poor quality in any of their deliverables, which is great.

When working with SayOne Technologies, is there anything that you would consider unique about their strategic approach or development methodology that distinguish them from other vendors?

I’ve tried several different developers before, and it’s very common for an offer developer to want a specific scope to work on, then they deliver to those specifications. With SayOne, we’ve created almost an in-house environment, where we work together on various components or prototypes. If they run into a roadblock, they have no problem letting me know that they don’t know how to do something. That’s very unusual, though, and it takes considerable courage. In my book, that’s worth the money. In today’s world, technologies change so fast, and we need to figure out how to work with them. They are open, and they have good communication in this area. These guys can execute. They can probably build anything.

In retrospect, are there areas in which you think they could improve as a service provider?

In general, regardless of the developer, there’s a lack of translation and communication. With SayOne or anyone you work with, if you can’t manage the project yourself, it can usually end up badly. I always wish these developers had it in them to stay on point for the duration of an engagement, but that doesn’t seem to be how many of them operate.

What advice, if any, would you give a future client before approaching SayOne Technologies with a new project?

Outside of what I mentioned before about project management, I would say that if you have an open mind, you can basically do anything with these guys. They’re very competent and professional.

They did much better than I did. I don’t really push them in this area because I’d rather keep a good working relationship with them.
    I would definitely recommend them to someone who has experience in the technology space.

Custom Python Development and iOS Development Boutique IT Firm

“Those guys are very entrepreneurial, so they’re always trying to do things better or look at things differently.”

SayOne is collaborating on ongoing programming endeavors. The project involves mobile development, native iOS development, and coding in Python.

Senior iOS Engineer, Boutique IT Firm

The team consistently provides high-quality solutions within deadlines. Their capacity to research and learn new technologies has received positive comments. Furthermore, the team is recognized for their ability to quickly capture the requirements of each task.

Could you describe your organization?

I run a consulting firm, which gets various IT [information technology] and other digital contracts, and I get that work done using SayOne Technologies as my dedicated development partner.

I’m a senior iOS engineer.

I had tried using other companies based in India before, and that didn’t pan out too well. After switching to these guys, they have been consistent in what they deliver, and they keep up with the deadlines that I set. Whenever I give them a time constraint, they follow that in the sense that they would put hours in on the weekend just to get my things done. That’s why they’ve remained my development partner. I needed someone with great technical competence and true reliability.

Could you describe the scope of their involvement in greater detail?

I’ve been using them to do all of my hardcore custom programming. Most of it has been mobile- and Web-based. I also got them to do some serious native development on iOS for me, and that worked out very well. I handle the design, testing, and quality assurance on my own.

How did you come to choose SayOne Technologies as your partner?

I had done some fairly extensive research on outsourcing companies. Like I said, I’ve worked with two other companies previously that didn’t work out too well. I wanted to do my best to avoid a similar experience. I reached out and talked to these guys, and they seemed to be pretty confident in what they’re doing. I gave them a few trial projects to start with – nothing major – and that worked out. It’s been an ongoing thing ever since, so I’ve been using them for more than a year now.

Could you provide a general cost estimate for this particular engagement?

It was from $50,000 to $60,000.

When is this engagement scheduled for completion?

It’s actually an ongoing thing, so my project does not end. It’s a very long-term engagement. I have several other development projects in my pipeline that I’ll need their support with, so I don’t foresee ending the relationship anytime soon.

In terms of results, could you please share any statistics, metrics, and user feedback that would demonstrate the quality of their performance?

I’ve had my ace engineers out here who work heavily with Python but, obviously, the cost is very different. They have reviewed the code delivered by SayOne, and they don’t have any complaints or anything about it, so that’s good enough for me. I’m satisfied with them from a project management perspective, too. It’s pretty much hands-off for me. I send them an email with instructions, and they send daily progress reports on what they’re doing and when it’s expected to be finished. If I have questions or feedback on anything that they send to me, I can reach out to them and they’re pretty responsive. I’ve had no real issues with them.

Those guys are very entrepreneurial, so they’re always trying to do things better or look at things differently. That’s what I like most about them. Instead of being blindfolded on certain technologies, they’re open to learning new ideas or new technologies. They’ve been very flexible in that respect.

What advice, if any, would you give to a future client of theirs before approaching SayOne Technologies with a project?

I think they should define what they want to do in very concrete terms. An open-ended project is hard to define and even harder to manage because there are no real parameters to remain within. I’ve had that issue before, but not with them. Your requirements should be fully fleshed out. You should know exactly what you want to get out of them, and then they can deliver.