Your WooCommerce development nerds.

We are on-demand, WordPress and WooCommerce experts dedicated to helping tech-savvy, e-commerce stores like yours thrive in an increasingly digital universe. Whether you’re at capacity or don’t have the right expertise in house, we’ll integrate seamlessly with your team, executing on the strategy you know you need to drive results.

And we’ll improve your site’s infrastructure with little or no customer disruption. We can even stay on, making continuous improvements that will ensure you are always meeting --- or exceeding -- your customers’ expectations. But don’t take our word for it. See what our partners say about us and check out WP Mayor who named SAU/CAL as the Best WordPress Agency for 2018.

Calgary, Canada

• BDC
  • Output
  • Phlearn

Web Development for Wine Retailer

"They have overperformed and overdelivered."

June 2017 - Ongoing

Using WordPress and WooCommerce, SAU/CAL built a promotional website for a wine retailer. The site managed visitors' memberships, settings, and referrals, as well as payments.

Toronto, Canada
Gregg Tilston
VP of Sales & Operations, Wine Retailer

Although traffic remained steady, the new platform's responsive UI and robust search capabilities significantly increased conversions. SAU/CAL distinguished themselves with their timely deliveries, fluid communication, and technical skill. They worked quickly and delivered exceptional work.

I am the VP of sales and operations of IronGate.Wine. We are a wine retailer, selling wines from private Canadian collections to the US. IronGate Canada has been around for about 13 years, and we have been storing investment-grade wines, as well as wholesaling wines, to US partners, and into Asia.

We started IronGate.Wine about a year ago, and launched in the spring. We are now not just wholesaling, but are actually retailing wines from the private Canadian collections to US collectors and buyers.

What challenge were you trying to address with SAU/CAL?

We needed to migrate from a platform that we had been on for a month. We were looking to relaunch our website in tandem with what we had going at the time and wanted to do this cost-effectively, making sure that ultimately, we had control over our website in the long run.

SAU/CAL primarily did the development of the website and made technology recommendations that would help drive the marketing. They didn’t really help on the creative side, as we have our own creative person that we work with, but did have creative use of technology to help drive the business.

Initially, the first phase was just replicating what we had in place at the time and mirroring the site as much as possible, so that when we cut over, it was a live cut to a site that people could go and buy from. The website was developed on WordPress, and they integrated WooCommerce. They well over delivered on that, and our numbers show that. There was an increase in business on our end after launching with them.

The second phase, which is what we are in currently, is the personalization including the memberships, personal preferences, and the ability to refer a friend to the site. We are not just a wine retail site, we are working with them on the retention side of things to offer membership to our customers. Whether that is being able to buy wine before the general public, or refer their friends and earn credit on their account. We pride ourselves on being a white glove concierge-style service, and it is not just people simply buying from us and we ship it out. We contact every customer and try to build a personal relationship with them and understand them. It goes back to the memberships, and their preferences, and we will only tell them what wines they are interested in when they come into stock, and we won’t bombard with a thousand SKU that are useless to that customer. It was really getting SAU/CAL to build a site and a platform to deliver on that white glove concierge-type service.

Phase three, which we are working towards starting at the end of the year, and beginning of the new year, is really adding on top of that functionality, whether it is social connectivity, internationalization, shipping integration, more of the backend if you will, but not anything that we need immediately.

We had around 10 people on their team that we have worked with over the past few months, and we have a key point person that we have been working with on this as well.

How did you come to work with SAU/CAL?

I personally reached out to a number of personal contacts to get recommendations of firms to look at. SAU/CAL was one of those recommendations, and we ended putting out an RFP [Request for Proposal] in terms of what we were looking for. We had a few firms come back with recommendations of what they would do. It really came down to price being a part of it, but more importantly, it was timing. We had a couple of firms that had timelines that were too far out for what we needed to do the cutover.

Confidential.

We started working with them in June 2017, and the work is ongoing.

We saw conversions increase dramatically with about the same amount of traffic. I think it had to do with a number of factors, and I really have it down to the UX as well as the UI. They built a solid site that had fantastic search capabilities. The feedback has been positive, and that we have launched a simple site that is easy to use, navigate, and buy from.

How did SAU/CAL perform from a project management standpoint?

They were fantastic. They delivered the first scope in time, and have been able to deliver more functionality within the timeframe than they originally scoped. I can’t recommend them enough.

They were responsive. We have an open Slack channel between us, which is always there and on. Obviously, when they are working on other projects there can be a delay, which is more like an hour and not days.

The most impressive thing was how the nimble the team was and how fast they were able to deliver on such an excellent product.

Not really. They have overperformed and overdelivered.

Overall Score They don’t just deliver on what they say they will deliver on, they make recommendations that are even better. They take your feedback, adapt and deliver on that as well.
    They helped us with a very aggressive timeline on phase one of our project which seemed impossible.
    It is crazy what they have been able to deliver for the price.
    They have gone above and beyond, not just taking what is out of the box, but delivering on that and making it happen.
    We have already recommended them to others.

WordPress Maintenance for Robotics Manufacturing Company

“It's a huge benefit for our business to always have our systems up and working.”

June 2016 - Ongoing

SAU/CAL conducts monthly maintenance on an existing WordPress website. The team updates plug-ins, resolves bugs or issues, and ensures all functionalities are working properly.

Stafford, Virginia
Taryn Sullivan
COO, Dexter Industries

SAU/CAL has reduced the client’s website-related workload by 95% and eliminated any downtime in operation. The team provides a range of additional services and recommendations for business tools and improvements. They deliver above-average project management and thoughtful, engaged customer service.

I'm the COO of Dexter Industries, an educational robotics company. Through our website, we sell robotics kits to teach people about technology and how to program.

What challenge were you trying to address with SAU/CAL?

We had a WordPress website, and it took a lot of work to keep everything updated and make sure everything worked properly and that all the plug-ins worked together. We don't have a website maintenance team, so when we had bugs and issues, I was tempted to move our team out of their normal activity and have them try to figure it out.

SAU/CAL came in to do our monthly maintenance. They make sure all of our plug-ins are up to date, test the site on staging before pushing it to live, and figure out any bugs or issues on the site.

We have monthly maintenance with them. They update all of our plug-ins in WordPress, especially the bigger updates. We have all kinds of functionality on our site. We have WooCommerce on our site. We have a checkout process for products and tons of content on our site as well. They also helped us figure out how to do some optimization of our images and get a plug-in that can help optimize images so that we don't use up so much space and it's not as slow.

They helped us to increase speed overall, finding where there were problems on our site that were causing poor response times and helped us solve those. They fixed a lot of little bugs in the shopping cart, and issues with the way it's connected through Shipwire, which is our 3PO, and payment issues with Amazon Pay, PayPal, or Stripe.

They also helped us with our subscription product called GoBox, a robot mission delivered to your door every month. They helped us set it up online so that it would charge people every month and integrate with our 3PO as well. It allows people to sign up and manage their subscriptions.

Finally, they helped us do single sign-on with Discourse, which is for our forums, as well as Dexter Studio, which is our project site that holds all the projects, content, and curriculum for teachers that want to teach with our robots. They also customized Discourse to make it look like our website, so you don't feel like you're in a different place.

We're always in touch with a project lead and an account manager. The account manager lets us know when they're starting maintenance and what they need when they run into issues. We talk through Slack so it's easy to ping them an issue or question. Mitchell's one of the senior level guys there, so he always jumps in and solves problems if needed. Laura and a few other people do a lot of the work on our site. Paulo has helped out a lot too. They shift who does the work amongst the tech team using the standard protocol of what they do on our site. Anyone can jump in on Slack if they know about a previous issue. Generally, they're very responsive and proactive. I always feel like our work is given priority because we're a subscription customer with the maintenance side of things.

How did you come to work with SAU/CAL?

I interviewed 5 different companies, and the ease of working with them was a key decision-making factor. Most of their team is in Canada, and Paulo might be in Brazil, so it was easy to communicate because we have similar time zones. Other decision-making factors in our selection were that they explained everything well and were very transparent, especially about cost. I gave them my budget, and they told me what I could do for that budget, and worked within it.

We've spent $20,000 over the span of working with them.

We've been working with them since June 2016.

I spend about 5% of the time that I used to on making sure the website is working. Our website is our main source of sales, so being functional is important to our business. Now, I'm able to focus on other things that are more specialized around our business. We haven’t had any downtime since we started with them. We had one issue for five minutes when they jumped in and helped, and it was resolved. It's a huge benefit for our business to always have our systems up and working.

How did SAU/CAL perform from a project management standpoint?

They're well above average compared to other folks that I've worked with in a similar capacity. They've never gone over budget. They've always delivered on time and they've always given me the proper expectation of when they're going to finish. Even if it's not as fast as I wanted it, at least I know when it's due.

I was most impressed by their responsiveness and how they remember our issues. There's context whenever I bring up a new issue. I don't have to re-explain everything about our business and our site. I'm impressed that they can have these switches to different people doing work, and they all know what's going on.

Also, they've recommended some awesome tools for us to use for our business. Jilt is a great cart recovery email system that we use now that they recommend. They know the space really well. They've also introduced us to another marketing firm that we need to take advantage of.

If they increased the size of their team, they could do more faster. Sometimes, I wish things could be fixed faster, but I understand that they have timelines.

Overall Score I love working with them.
    They've never had a delay in any of their delivery.
    The quality of work for the value is amazing, because you get high quality work for a very reasonable price. They're very fair in the way they charge.
    No one is perfect, but they usually deliver good quality. If there's a problem, they fix it.
    I've recommended them to a lot of people already.

Web Dev & Support for Subscription Box Reviews Platform

"SAU/CAL has been extremely responsive to my needs."

June 2016 - Ongoing

SAU/CAL developed a WordPress website for a reviews platform, then added a range of UI/UX elements. They also implemented other features such as data linking and directory organization.

Brandy O'Grady
Owner, Hello Subscriptions

The website appealed to target users, met its initial deadline, and was expected to increase return readership and page views. SAU/CAL distinguished themselves with their professionalism and flexbility. The team found innovative solutions and kept the project impeccably organized.

I’m the owner of a review and news site about subscription boxes. Our website has about 30 new posts go out every day. There is also a directory where we record all the information about the boxes and provide a discovery layer for them. Because we're a focus niche website, we have demands of what we want to see in terms of linked data and being able to maximize what we’re getting out of WordPress.

What challenge were you trying to address with SAU/CAL?

The first thing we approached SAU/CAL about was a performance improvement. Additionally, we needed better linking of our data. Since our site sees daily readers, return readers and people who use the site as an informational hub, we also wanted help with SEO and ranking in Google.

In January, SAU/CAL recommended a designer for the re-design of the website. Based on her designs, SAU/CAL helped develop a WordPress site using WooCommerce for the directory. They also added new technical features to the site that didn’t exist before. Some of these implementations included “hearting” of a post to save for later. Another requirement that they implemented for was notifications in our directory so a user can get notified whenever the site has something new about their interests.

SAU/CAL also helped link data and build the relationship tables that underpin everything that happens in the site. This data is linked from our directory and becomes discoverable for Google and people who click on our site. We then link the data to all the posts about that category.

SAU/CAL has been working on my site for nearly 2 years now. We interact with the owners of the company and Matias [lead engineer at SAU/CAL]. We also interact with Olga [team manager at SAU/CAL] who manages all our day to day contact. Our current project lead is Paulo. They are all knowledgeable about the website and I can just send them requests and they’ll bundle them together and help me figure out what I actually want.

How did you come to work with SAU/CAL?

I was looking for a good team of developers for a couple years as it’s hard to find a developer for a small business. I found SAU/CAL originally on Codable. I had a couple requests in and there was no one to help. SAU/CAL was recommended from one of the owners of Codable.

We spent between $50,000 and $75,000.

We started working with SAU/CAL in June 2016. They did the basic work without rebuilding the entire site from June to December 2016, and then we started working with the designer in December and January. The relationship is ongoing and they worked constantly since May on rebuilding and rewriting the entire thing and launching.

We were able to launch in time for what we needed it for. We expect our page views and income to grow quarter over quarter. The main evidence is that people find it usable and we’re having a much higher level of return readership and that’s one of the things that we really wanted as a goal besides having a good-looking site. We also received an increase in fourth quarter placements from last year.

How did SAU/CAL perform from a project management standpoint?

SAU/CAL has been extremely responsive to my needs. They took in all of my ideas and gave me a plan and broke them all up into different sprints. They budgeted a lot of time for quality control.

On a personal level, we get along really well. They’re always professional and work with me to help me make things possible because we’re doing things with WordPress that other sites don’t do.

They’re really good.
    I would recommend them, but not everyone needs this kind of work.

Wordpress Dev for Photography Education Platform

"I appreciated how candid and honest they were. They were completely transparent."

May 2016 - Ongoing

SAU-CAL helped develop an entire, custom WooCommerce-powered education platform on WordPress, including functionalities like online subscriptions and course streaming. They continue to provide maintenance.

Seth Kravitz
CEO, PHLEARN

SAU-CAL’s unique work became a WooCommerce case study, and everything they built has been stable. Their QA is high-quality, and they’re reliable and responsive. They’re not an especially affordable agency, but the value is high, and they feel like a friendly, humble extension of internal teams.

PHLEARN is the #1 Photoshop and Lightroom training company online. We train people in 140 countries on how to use Photoshop and Lightroom to become better photographers and better designers. I’m the CEO.

What challenge were you trying to address with SAU-CAL?

We had a WordPress site powered with WooCommerce that had a shopping cart that wasn’t functioning well. It was slow and there were a lot of errors and things that were causing customers to not be able to check out, or they would lose the contents of their cart for no reason, or other unexplainable bugs that were very frustrating. We needed an expert in WooCommerce.

We started with fixing the WooCommerce installation and making sure it was functioning properly. Then we moved onto building an entire education platform together. Next, we realized we wanted to start offering streaming and online subscription-based learning. Instead of people just downloading their courses to their computer and keeping them forever, we wanted to offer more of a streaming experience, with the user renting courses, and doing that required a lot of new technology that we had never even considered before.

They heavily modified WooCommerce to do things that it does not normally do. WooCommerce is writing a case study about PHLEARN because we’ve done things with their shopping cart system that they didn’t think people could do with it. That really shows off the talent of SAU-CAL.

They really used WordPress almost as a software language. Normally people wouldn’t use WordPress to build out a giant video-streaming education platform, but you can also think of WordPress as just a coding language like PHP or Ruby, and you can treat it like a platform to build off of, and that’s what SAU-CAL did for us. That’s been about a nine month’s worth of work and all of that was exclusively handled by SAU-CAL.

There were three people on their end and two on our end. I’ve never worked with an agency before where there was such a close connection, where it felt like an extension of our team. I’m used to agencies being aloof and separate. Maybe you talk to an account manager or something like that, but with SAU-CAL we always talked directly to the engineers the whole time as if they were our own engineers.

How did you come to work with SAU-CAL?

I got tired of shopping around individually so I ended up going to a specialized marketplace for WordPress agencies called Codeable where you can narrow it down more easily. Only the best WordPress agencies in the world are allowed to be part of the site so you know you’re going to get somebody good. We started shopping around, talking to a bunch of agencies, and out of those talks with several agencies, SAU-CAL emerged as the winner.

You actually sign a contract through Codeable to use these agencies, which makes it super easy to get started. I felt lucky that we were able to find them and how quickly we were able to get going.

We have spent over $100,000 in the last 14 months with them, but that is across multiple big projects, including dozens of feature requests, maintenance, and other bug fixes. What we originally brought them on to do is not what they ended up doing for us because we expanded the scope of the project dramatically. I would say everything they’ve quoted so far, they’ve been accurate about. They were fairly spot-on with cost and timeline estimates.

We started working with them in May 2016, and the project was completed in early 2017. We still work with them on regular feature development.

Their responsiveness has been one of the best things. In terms of messaging and responsiveness, they were always a minute or less away. It felt like they were an extension of our team. I appreciated the experience of working with them.

The code they built has been very stable. I’ve worked with enough engineers to know that it’s easy to make bad code that slows the server down and everything starts to fall apart and you build up code debt. I never had that experience with SAU-CAL. They are talented, and their deliverables are always right or close to right on the first try. They do a lot of testing to make sure that they’re not going to break 2 other things every time they launch something.

How did SAU-CAL perform from a project management standpoint?

We had Skype video calls once a week to kick off the sprints for that week and then communicated via Slack the rest of the time. It felt like they were in the office with us because you could just pop open a Slack message, send something, and they would reply almost instantly.

The project grew in scope so much that they ended up adding a project manager on their side and we ended up adding one on our side because there were too many moving pieces. We had so much to do that if we hadn’t been really organized with a lot of project management, it would have been a disaster.

The most impressive thing was their friendliness. They were great at communicating and being quick, but they were very friendly, easy to get along with, and very humble; if they messed up on anything, they always let us know immediately and never charged us for fixing anything. If something required an extra 10 hours of their time to go back and do it the right way, they would always do it and we never got billed for any of that time.

I appreciated how candid and honest they were. They were completely transparent. If they did something that caused some random error in the code they didn’t even build, they would tell us immediately and they would just go fix it. Even if it was something that we would never have noticed or known about, they would let us know anyway.

Not really. I’ve worked with good and bad agencies, and the experience with SAU-CAL is way above average. If more developers would behave the way they do, the startup world would be a better place.

Do you have any advice for potential clients?

Know what you want to build before you approach them. I think we all assume we know what we want to build at first, but I find those early plans rarely match up with reality. It’s good to really think whether building some expensive tech feature is actually going to do anything meaningful for your customers. If not, you shouldn’t pay to build it. If you’re paying a premium price and you build out even one feature that goes live and you realize it had no measurable positive impact on your business, you just burned money. It was a bad set of assumptions you paid thousands of dollars for. SAU-CAL is really good at thinking those things through with you. They’re very good at providing an excellent recommendation on what plugins to use and things like that.

If I were approaching them again, I would have done a better job of thinking about what exactly I wanted to build. They will build exactly what you tell them to. Sometimes they will even add a couple special features in there you hadn’t even thought about. But for what you’re paying, you really need to know what you actually want.

Overall Score I’ve had enough bad experiences with agencies and developers to know they are nothing like that. They are good. They charge a premium, but they’re good. As far as agencies go, they’re one of the best I’ve ever worked with.
    We met most deadlines, but sometimes things got pushed back a few days or even a week.
    - It goes back to how you approach them and what you ask for. In terms of how much it ended up costing, some of that was my fault and some of that was their fault as far as overall cost of the project.
    If they say they’re going to build something a certain way and they’re going to do it with certain code, they always delivered exactly what they said they were going to.
    I would trust them with anyone.

Platform Development for Online Fitness Resource

"We were so happy with the finished product that we actually bought a present for the lead developer from Saucal. We couldn't believe how thorough they were."

Saucal partnership with the client began for consultation regarding a platform and then extended to the actual building of the platform itself.

Australia
Owner, Black Lion Digital

Saucal delivered high-quality work for the client in a timely manner. The agency’s responsiveness and flexibility impressed the client. Saucal is praised for their involvement in the project and the client reports that they plan on employing the agency again.

Black Lion Digital is a web design agency.

I am one of the owners of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Saucal?

We had a project for a startup fitness program which was a bit beyond our normal engagements as a design agency.

We originally engaged with Saucal for consultation. We wanted to receive some expert advice and build the platform ourselves, but we realized that it would be a bit beyond our comfort level, so we contracted them to build the product.

Our website was built using WordPress, which was an initial requirement. Saucal integrated our membership software, MemberMouse, making it work as a custom algorithm. I was in charge of creating the full functional specs for it. It was a complex project which featured fully-custom elements tying in with our membership software as well as with various plug-ins such as Gravity Forms.

How did you come to work with Saucal?

I found Saucal through codeable.io. We'd used that site for a few projects, but had trouble in finding a company that would take on our project. It was quite large. We came to speak with one of the owners of codeable and were put in touch with Saucal. I interviewed over a dozen other companies through Skype.

The total cost was around $10,000.

The project was completed a few days ago, after a 3-4-week development time.

I've dealt with many developers and am one myself, so I know that they usually do exactly what's in front of them. There were a few pieces in the functional specifications that needed to be worked-on. Saucal looked at those from an outside perspective, determined what we were trying to achieve, and pieced them together, making significant improvements to our initial specs. We ended up with a better result than we had ever hoped.

How did Saucal perform from a project management standpoint?

They hit the deadline set by us, which was a very tough one.

What distinguishes Saucal from other providers?

I appreciated how fast Saucal moved in terms of responsiveness and testing the work. They were quite flexible with the scope and remained on-call for us 24/7.

Is there anything Saucal could have improved or done differently?

No. I can't think of anything that Saucal could do differently. We plan on using them for a second round of development.

Overall Score Quality, pace, and pricing aside, Saucal is actually a great company and it has been nice to have bit of chit-chat with the team.
    Saucal hit the deadline exactly, even though it was very demanding.
    We shopped the project around after building a functional spec. From all other avenues which we approached, the only other competent coder came in at $0,000, so Saucal definitely deserves a -star rating.
    We developed a complex algorithm which loads in half a second. It dropped the time necessary for making a meal-plan for our staff from minutes to under 0 seconds, which is quite an accomplishment.
    We are planning on referring all the development work for our agency to Saucal.

Web Development for Oil & Gas Company

"The collaboration is working well for us."

Dec. 2012 - Ongoing

In need of assistance building an informational website, the client hired Saucal to develop and design the site and also design and coordinate their quarterly reports.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
President, Corval Energy Ltd.

Saucal delivered a smoothly functioning website that is mobile-friendly and frequently visited. The client appreciated the agency’s effort in understanding their business and listening closely. Saucal is highly recommended to others.

We are an oil and gas company located in Manitoba. We started our operations in 2013.

I am the president and Chief Executive Officer of the company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Saucal?

Even though we're a private company, we needed a website in order to keep our shareholders informed. We report our business information as if we were a public company, just to keep our discipline high. We needed help in developing our site.

Saucal worked on the development and design of our site. We also use their services for designing and coordinating our quarterly report. They take our financial information and set it up for printing.

We needed to only allow our shareholders to view the data within our site, so Saucal designed a security system through which it was determined if a user was a shareholder or not. The system would then generate a password for that person.

How did you come to work with Saucal?

They were located in the same building as us. This is how we met.

I do not have this information. I remember that the total cost was reasonable.

We started working together in December of 2012. The relationship is ongoing.

We've had a high hit rate on our site. Our shareholders are interested in it. We update the data on it on a quarterly basis and send out emails to our users announcing that information is available for review.

The page is mobile-friendly. Once in a while, we evaluate it and make redesigns.

How did Saucal perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well.

What distinguishes Saucal from other providers?

Saucal has a good team that understands our business and listens to us. They're very responsive.

Is there anything Saucal could have improved or done differently?

Not really. The collaboration is working well for us.

As long as they don't raise their price.

Website Support for Music Software Company

"Of all the development companies I've worked with, Saucal has excelled at making sure that the scope of work is dialed in before it's actually started."

June 2015 - Ongoing

The client needed assistance in building their new company website. They hired Saucal to work on their infrastructure, WooCommerce elements, and migration process.

Hollywood, California
Aaron Levy
Associate Director of Development, Output Inc.

Saucal does excellent work for the client and always delivers on time. The client praises the agency for their communication, responsiveness, and availability. There have been no complaints throughout the partnership and Saucal is recommended to others.

We're a music software company. We handle programming, audio sampling, and any other requirement for digital instruments such as virtual synthesizers. We've been around for over two years.

I am an associate director of development. I am in charge of the web interface and infrastructure building.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Saucal?

We needed assistance in building a new company website.

They provided additional resources for building our site. Saucal helped in the migration process, following a domain change, among other items.

They've done a lot of infrastructure work for us. We work on user cleanups and email integration, as well as other WooCommerce elements. We're planning to use Saucal as a frontend developer as well.

How did you come to work with Saucal?

I searched Google for Wordpress and WooCommerce development companies.

We've worked on projects that range from a total of $300, all the way up to $4,000. Project estimates are provided by them based on hourly rates. Any tasks outside of the original scope are charged with $149 per hour.

We started our collaboration in June of 2015. We're still working together.

How did Saucal perform from a project management standpoint?

Of all the development companies I've worked with, Saucal has excelled at making sure that the scope of work is dialed in before it's actually started. I rarely have to add on additional work.

They've also always been good at sticking to delivery times, varying by a couple of days at most. They use a tool called Slack for project communication. Their entire team is available to me, so that I can message specific developers on the staff. They make themselves available while working on real-time development by offering staging environments in which I can play and send notes.

What distinguishes Saucal from other providers?

I appreciate the communication tool they provide us, and their attention to getting the scope of work done prior to actually starting the work. They make sure every element is discovered beforehand. Most developers never actually flush ideas out, whereas this is not a concern with Saucal.

Is there anything Saucal could have improved or done differently?

I'd love to see them increase the number of developers they have on their payroll. They could then open themselves to more projects and have a faster turnaround time. Saucal is a young development agency, so I foresee that their structure is probably going to change.