Digital Design and Software Development Agency

Sangre is a full-service digital design and software development agency from Helsinki, Finland. We work through strategy, design and engineering to create excellent, scalable digital services that drive growth in our clients' business.

Helsinki, Finland
  • Królewska 2/26
    Warsaw POL-00-065
    Poland

Trainers' House BEAT mobile app Image

Trainers' House BEAT mobile app

We have been continuously developing BEAT mobile application - the digital tool to aid the overall change management framework created by Trainers' House.

Vivago MOBILE app design Image

Vivago MOBILE app design

We designed the UX and UI of a mobile application that monitors the wellbeing of elderly users.

Yamarin and Yamarin Cross websites Image

Yamarin and Yamarin Cross websites

We created websites for two brands, Yamarin and Yamarin Cross, as part of our client's brand renewal. The websites drive growth by turning users into high-quality leads. We distinguished the two unique brands in the digital space by creating a design system for each.

Futures Platform SaaS tool Image

Futures Platform SaaS tool

We created a SaaS platform that is the core of our startup client's business. The platform is a web-based trend map that helps organizations form a holistic view of their future and make reasoned strategic choices in a changing world.

Buster website Image

Buster website

We designed and built a website for Buster Boats, the leading Nordic manufacturer of aluminium boats.

Web Development for Software Platform

“They understand my ideas and can transform them into designs.”

2014 - Ongoing

Sangre provides SaaS web platform development services, using Drupal, Java, MySQL, and React, among others. Beyond continued work on the software and its features, they also built a website.

Finland
CX Director, Software Company

The team always produces excellent results, delivering a software the perfectly meets the requirements and continuing to update it as needed. They are responsive and flexible, even completing work overnight if requested, and are able to fully understand instructions and translate them into products.

We’re building a SaaS web platform that gives organizations the possibility to understand the future.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sangre?

We hired them to develop our products. I’d worked with some of the people from Sangre before, so I knew how they worked.

They’re developing our foresight software as a web online tool that users can log into and use. They also built a website for us.

They did full-stack development and visual design work, with the backend built on Drupal, with Java components, MySQL, and others. It uses Elastic Search, and the interface is built with React and some JavaScript.

I think they assigned around 10 people to work on the project. There are a couple of people active at all times, with additional expertise from their company as needed. For example, the visual graphic designer works when required.

How did you come to work with Sangre?

I’d been working with one of them since 2000, so I knew how they worked and their work attitude. I had some other possibilities, but I knew Sangre had developed into a company and I trusted them to be the best option.

We started about 3–4 years ago. They did the first version of the software for us, and we’re still working with them.

They’re working on our main product at all times. We follow how they spend money and how much time it takes, adjusting those metrics all the time. The quality is good, and we’re happy with it.

How did Sangre perform from a project management standpoint?

We want to develop the service in an agile way, so we have multiple ongoing tasks. There are long-term goals, with which they help to plan the big-picture technical architecture as well as new feature development. For those, we work on a project basis, setting goals and deadlines. There is also a third layer, for urgent bug fixes, which is ongoing.

Their team is very flexible. We’ve had some unnatural schedules for them, and they survived that. They’re also very responsive if we need something done by the next morning. We’ve made some overnight changes, and they adapted to those needs.

We have a long history, and they know our product very well. That means that we can work with them openly and with plenty of trust. As a product owner, I don’t have to spend too much time or effort on giving technical specifications, writing them down in a lot of detail. They understand my ideas and can transform them into designs.

Their team is the right size to strike a balance between having enough resources, while still responding quickly and maintaining good communication. We trust Sangre, and it works very well.

I don’t know. We’re quite happy with them at the moment.

I would definitely recommend them for their professional attitude and good combination of consultancy and hard work. All layers are covered, from design to full-stack development.

Overall Score They’ve put a lot of effort into our project.
    They’re good at making changes on the fly, but we’re not always able to do projects as planned.
    There’s always something to improve with technology.
    I’ve been in this business for 25 years, and I know that this team is great.