We are a creative & development digital agency

We are a creative & development digital agency focused on mobile applications. So, when it comes to building something mobile related, we might be your best choice. The challenges never stopped us, actually made us better and stronger project by project.

Passion and vision – the salt and pepper to our work – the ingredients that determine us daily to take the risk, to challenge ourselves and to provide that perfect solution. With this in mind, we can confidently say that we are able to build – awesome mobile and web applications. And we do not stop here. We also provide UI/UX design and quality assurance.

Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Startups and established companies from Europe and USA

AI Mobile App for Fitness Training Platform

"I found them very impressive, in terms of responsiveness, even though we were in different time zones."

Mar. 2019 - June 2019

Salt & Pepper designed and developed an iOS fitness app. The app uses AI technology and becomes customized as users enter personal exercise information.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Nick Apps
Founder & CEO, Cambridge Exercise Technology

The team delivered a high-quality product, and its success in the App Store portends well. Salt & Pepper always responds quickly and delivers great value for their services.

I’m the founder of Cambridge Exercise Technology, a fit-tech business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Salt & Pepper?

I needed a partner to create my AI-based fitness app.

Salt & Pepper created my entire AI app. They created the UI/UX, the backend, the rules engine for the AI, the API, and the fronted.

The app is exclusively available on iOS currently, and we’re talking about expanding to Android very soon.

Our app creates smart workouts. The process is as follows: The user goes through our onboarding stage, in which we take in what equipment the user has, what goals they want to achieve, how often they’d like to train, and how long they’d like to train for. Once we have those parameters, the platform shoots out a workout. As the user goes through the workout, the app asks them how many reps they did, what weight they used, how hard they found the exercise, and how well they performed it; with that information, the workouts become bespoke for the user, and the system automatically updates any changes or progress the user experiences.

We worked with six people in total. Cristin (CEO, Salt & Pepper) was the head of our project. Adrian (Creative Director, Salt & Pepper) was in charge of everything involving design. Alexandru (Mobile Team Lead/iOS App Developer) was the head of programming. I mainly spoke with Adrian and Alexandru throughout the whole process.

How did you come to work with Salt & Pepper?

I first heard about Salt & Pepper through one of my advisors, who used them in the past. My business was awarded an innovation grant from the European Regional Development Fund. Salt & Pepper said they could do exactly what we wanted with the amount we were awarded.

We’ve invested £10,000 (approximately $13,000 USD)

This project spanned Mar. – June 2019.

I think they boosted the quality of the product. From talking to similarly priced businesses about how they wanted to design the app, I got far more from Salt & Pepper than I was going to get anywhere else. I think the product developed more professionally than I would have gotten in the UK. I believe it’s been great from an overall functionality and reliability standpoint. We release into the App Store sometime this week, and the true test will be to see how the users like it.

They took exactly what I wanted, as a concept, and helped me curate it. There were certain pitfalls that we had to work through, but I think we created a better product, overall.

How did Salt & Pepper perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well in terms of project management. We were in constant communication throughout the whole process. They messaged me on Slack, in case they had any questions. In terms of fixing issues and communication, everything was very good.

I found them very impressive, in terms of responsiveness, even though we were in different time zones. If I ever had a question, it was almost immediately answered,

I don’t think there’s anything on their end they could improve upon. Together we could’ve been a bit clearer about a couple of different things I laid out.

There’s a large benefit in traveling out and meeting them in Romania. Additionally, having as much information as possible, and sending that to them in a very concise and easy manner, will make the project run very smoothly. Finally, as with any remote projects, constant communication is crucial.