We are a creative & development digital agency

We are a creative & development digital company focused on mobile applications. So, when it comes to building something mobile related, we might be your best choice. The challenges never stopped us, actually made us better and stronger project by project.

Passion and vision – the salt and pepper to our work – the ingredients that determine us daily to take the risk, to challenge ourselves and to provide that perfect solution. With this in mind, we can confidently say that we are able to build – awesome mobile and web applications. And we do not stop here. We also provide UI/UX design and quality assurance.

Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Startups and established companies from Europe and USA

Virtual Nick Image

Virtual Nick

Go to any gym, anytime and count on your virtual trainer that adapts to your progress to get the best results.

Virtual Nick is your virtual trainer at the gym and home. It uses AI (rule engine) to adapt the sessions to your performance.

Simple to use and equipped with a friendly user interface to keep the focus in the exercises. The user has access to all his performance history and also full control over his

account.

UI/UX / iOS / Swift / Product development / Node.JS /  AWS / Lambda /  AI / Mongoose

Flash Rate Image

Flash Rate

The mid-point for jurors or public and tech start-ups. Give real-time feedback and get instant voting results.

FlashRate enables easy voting for tech startups with real-time feedback and voting results. The web app is designed with mobile first in mind and focuses on easy access for the voters.

Criteria for voting can be established and build within the app. Besides the juror, the participants or audience at the

event can engage in evaluating the startup ideas. It has a complex management system for events and organisations so it can host parallel voting sessions.

React.JS / Product design / UI/UX / Moongose /  Node.JS /  Google Cloud Engine

Le Cicogne Image

Le Cicogne

The app brings parents and babysitters in contact anytime and anywhere.

Le Cicogne is the no.1 service in Italy that brings parents and babysitters together in one place. In particular, this version of the app is designed for babysitters looking for a job.

Get access to the bulletin board of all job offers and choose those for which you wish to apply: you can filter them by area, requested tasks and check the

proposed paycheck or the time requested.

iOS / Android / Swift / Java

Fast Order Image

Fast Order

Pre-order before you leave your place and the food is ready by the time you arrive at the restaurant.

Time is the most valuable asset one can have nowadays. We provide valuable time and high-quality customer experiences in restaurants, bistros, cafes, pubs, clubs and any other venues.

Every time you go out for lunch or dinner, you can win at least 20 minutes, by pre-ordering and pre-paying your favourite menu, and

enjoying your meal exactly when arriving at the venue.

UI/UX / iOS / Android

Litoralul Romanesc Image

Litoralul Romanesc

All the accommodation of the Romanian seaside in one place with easy booking and flexible prices across the season.

LitoralulRomanesc is the largest seaside tourism specialised website, providing accommodation offers for the Romanian seaside.

Inside the platform, you can find over 1000 hotels, villas and pensions and their pricing based on a season for the whole summer.

UI/UX /

PHP / Product design / CodeIgniter MySQL / Boostrap

AI Mobile App for Fitness Training Platform

"I found them very impressive, in terms of responsiveness, even though we were in different time zones."

Mar. 2019 - June 2019

Salt & Pepper designed and developed an iOS fitness app. The app uses AI technology and becomes customized as users enter personal exercise information.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Nick Apps
Founder & CEO, Cambridge Exercise Technology

The team delivered a high-quality product, and its success in the App Store portends well. Salt & Pepper always responds quickly and delivers great value for their services.

I’m the founder of Cambridge Exercise Technology, a fit-tech business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Salt & Pepper?

I needed a partner to create my AI-based fitness app.

Salt & Pepper created my entire AI app. They created the UI/UX, the backend, the rules engine for the AI, the API, and the fronted.

The app is exclusively available on iOS currently, and we’re talking about expanding to Android very soon.

Our app creates smart workouts. The process is as follows: The user goes through our onboarding stage, in which we take in what equipment the user has, what goals they want to achieve, how often they’d like to train, and how long they’d like to train for. Once we have those parameters, the platform shoots out a workout. As the user goes through the workout, the app asks them how many reps they did, what weight they used, how hard they found the exercise, and how well they performed it; with that information, the workouts become bespoke for the user, and the system automatically updates any changes or progress the user experiences.

We worked with six people in total. Cristin (CEO, Salt & Pepper) was the head of our project. Adrian (Creative Director, Salt & Pepper) was in charge of everything involving design. Alexandru (Mobile Team Lead/iOS App Developer) was the head of programming. I mainly spoke with Adrian and Alexandru throughout the whole process.

How did you come to work with Salt & Pepper?

I first heard about Salt & Pepper through one of my advisors, who used them in the past. My business was awarded an innovation grant from the European Regional Development Fund. Salt & Pepper said they could do exactly what we wanted with the amount we were awarded.

We’ve invested £10,000 (approximately $13,000 USD)

This project spanned Mar. – June 2019.

I think they boosted the quality of the product. From talking to similarly priced businesses about how they wanted to design the app, I got far more from Salt & Pepper than I was going to get anywhere else. I think the product developed more professionally than I would have gotten in the UK. I believe it’s been great from an overall functionality and reliability standpoint. We release into the App Store sometime this week, and the true test will be to see how the users like it.

They took exactly what I wanted, as a concept, and helped me curate it. There were certain pitfalls that we had to work through, but I think we created a better product, overall.

How did Salt & Pepper perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well in terms of project management. We were in constant communication throughout the whole process. They messaged me on Slack, in case they had any questions. In terms of fixing issues and communication, everything was very good.

I found them very impressive, in terms of responsiveness, even though we were in different time zones. If I ever had a question, it was almost immediately answered,

I don’t think there’s anything on their end they could improve upon. Together we could’ve been a bit clearer about a couple of different things I laid out.

There’s a large benefit in traveling out and meeting them in Romania. Additionally, having as much information as possible, and sending that to them in a very concise and easy manner, will make the project run very smoothly. Finally, as with any remote projects, constant communication is crucial.