We build digital products that matter

Salt & Pepper is a full-service software development company dedicated to building digital products that matter. We do this by providing a complete range of services required for building great products: consulting services, business analysis, UI/UX design, web and mobile development, quality assurance and maintenance.

Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Since 2016 we have been building digital products for startups and established companies from Europe and the USA.
TiRoll Image

TiRoll

Tiroll.ro is one of the newest and most innovative events ticketing platforms from Romania, offering event organizers the possibility of quickly publishing for sale their events through an easy to use web platform. On the other side, events fans have the possibility of quickly buying tickets to their favorite events.

Business analysis / Product Development / Project Management / UI/UX Design / Frontend &

Backend Development / QA Testing
Virtual Nick Image

Virtual Nick

Go to any gym, anytime and count on your virtual trainer that adapts to your progress to get the best results.

Virtual Nick is your virtual trainer at the gym and home. It uses AI (rule engine) to adapt the sessions to your performance.

Simple to use and equipped with a friendly user interface to keep the focus in the exercises. The user has access to all his performance history and also full control over his

account.

UI/UX / iOS / Swift / Product development / Node.JS /  AWS / Lambda /  AI / Mongoose

Group Order Image

Group Order

Group Order innovates the way you have lunch at work with your teammates offering users the possibility of multiple group orders from different restaurants and food vendors in the area. The platforms focus on office deliveries with predefined companies, offices, and floors make the delivery process more facile and give restaurants more predictability when it comes to large food orders during the lunch period and not

only.

Business analysis / Product Design / Project Management / UI / UX / Usability testing

Flash Rate Image

Flash Rate

The mid-point for jurors or public and tech start-ups. Give real-time feedback and get instant voting results.

FlashRate enables easy voting for tech startups with real-time feedback and voting results. The web app is designed with mobile first in mind and focuses on easy access for the voters.

Criteria for voting can be established and build within the app. Besides the juror, the participants or audience at the

event can engage in evaluating the startup ideas. It has a complex management system for events and organisations so it can host parallel voting sessions.

React.JS / Product design / UI/UX / Moongose /  Node.JS /  Google Cloud Engine

Le Cicogne Image

Le Cicogne

The app brings parents and babysitters in contact anytime and anywhere.

Le Cicogne is the no.1 service in Italy that brings parents and babysitters together in one place. In particular, this version of the app is designed for babysitters looking for a job.

Get access to the bulletin board of all job offers and choose those for which you wish to apply: you can filter them by area, requested tasks and check the

proposed paycheck or the time requested.

iOS / Android / Swift / Java

Fast Order Image

Fast Order

Pre-order before you leave your place and the food is ready by the time you arrive at the restaurant.

Time is the most valuable asset one can have nowadays. We provide valuable time and high-quality customer experiences in restaurants, bistros, cafes, pubs, clubs and any other venues.

Every time you go out for lunch or dinner, you can win at least 20 minutes, by pre-ordering and pre-paying your favourite menu, and

enjoying your meal exactly when arriving at the venue.

UI/UX / iOS / Android

Litoralul Romanesc Image

Litoralul Romanesc

All the accommodation of the Romanian seaside in one place with easy booking and flexible prices across the season.

LitoralulRomanesc is the largest seaside tourism specialised website, providing accommodation offers for the Romanian seaside.

Inside the platform, you can find over 1000 hotels, villas and pensions and their pricing based on a season for the whole summer.

UI/UX /

PHP / Product design / CodeIgniter MySQL / Boostrap

App Dev for Food Delivery Service

"We had very high expectations for this project."

Feb. 2020 - Ongoing

Salt & Pepper provided app development on a food ordering app. Their team built wireframes and built out designs for the project. Their team supplied custom development.

Alexandru Coman
CTO, FastOrder

Salt & Pepper met all expectations. Their clean design and user-friendly efforts were very impressive. They have great technical knowledge and contribute in a wide array of areas.

I am the CTO of the company currently called FastOrder, we provide SaaS solutions for the hospitality industry. At the moment we have a product for online food ordering and another one for virtual concierge in luxury hotels

For what projects/services did your company hire Salt & Pepper?

We are launching a new product for corporate lunch, called Group Order, where corporate employees can easily order food together for delivery, the food being delivered at the same time so they can eat together without waiting for all the deliveries to arrive and without the hustle of organising a group order

This project should be a tailor made food ordering app for corporate lunch, taking in consideration the work environment and how employees interact with each other during lunch time, as well as consider that work related issues can come up during lunch that we have to handle in the app so that it doesn't affect the whole group

We chose Salt & Pepper because besides having the best design portfolio we've seen, they can also guide though the process of discovering all the user flows and behaviours through the ordering process.

At the beginning we've had a detailed briefing about our expectations on the project. Following our expectations, Salt & Pepper came up with new ideas and also suggested we give up some of ours which was a good thing and we agreed to most of them. They went beyond the design process and also came up with marketing ideas that could be tied up to some decisions. Once we've had all the details in place we've moved on building the wireframes for the whole up, afterwards we've agreed on the design guidelines and finally they've extended the design to the whole app and prepared the design and branding guidelines book.

There were 3 team members from the beginning until the end: the design team lead monitoring the project and intervened when necessary, the designer that executed the project and a project manager which made sure all the deadlines were respected or adjusted the deadlines and budgets when necessary

We had very high expectations for this project which were reached. Besides the clean design, user friendly experience, we are most happy for their idea of designing this product similar to other tools corporate employees use (Like Jira, Gmail, Slack) so that it fits among them

We've been using Jira and Invision. The workflow was comfortable for us, we've always felt things are in control and also everything was transparent. Also deadlines were always met

What we find most impressive, being also the reason we've chose to work with them, is that they go beyond the technical product into understanding the whole business and user context and experience, and they contribute on multiple areas leading to a comprehensive product

We didn't find any major areas that are worthed for improvement. Maybe the communication could have been a little bit easier but considering that we've started this project together with the corona virus crisis and everyone was adapting to the new way of working, I think everything was allright.

Didn't happen to have missed deadlines or out of control situations
    Even if the final budget was a little bit higher than initially planned, we consider it was totally worthed
    We've had very high expectetions for this project and they were met
    We are actually planning to work with them on other projects as well so of course would also recommend to others

Development for Digital Agency

"Based on the experience of collaboration I am very assured that we will meet clients demands."

May 2016 - Ongoing

Salt & Pepper has provided mobile app design, iOS and Android coding, and QA testing for multiple websites and projects.

Paul Tatu
Project Manager & Marketing, Cittago s.r.l.

Salt & Pepper was very professional throughout the project. Their team had a very strong and efficient workflow. Customers and stakeholders were pleased with what occurred.

Cittago is a digital agency in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. We help clients find cost-effective solutions to their needs. We offer them branding, design, web design & development, consulting and full marketing services. My position in Cittago is Sales and Project Manager.

For what projects/services did your company hire Salt & Pepper?

We started working with Salt & Pepper since they started the business. We have been collaborating on many different projects, the biggest ones are: www.vieco.de - Web design + Corporate Identity www.executiveitaly.com - Web design & development La Villa Mobile App - Design, development and maintenance www.suculviu.ro - Web design & development And others... When it comes to big projects I know I can rely on their services. What I love most, is their quality in the design area, but also I love the fact that we can rely on them when it comes to tight deadlines. In any case their company has never let us down!

1. Cost-effective solutions; 2. Quality in details; 3. Precise Deadlines.

At the beginning we started with some small website projects, after we saw the quality of the results we knew that we can do bigger projects together.

They offered us different services: - Business analysis - Product Development - Project Management - UI / UX Design - Frontend & Backend Development - QA Testing

For Vieco.de, Adrian was the Creative Director drafting the Website wireframe. Radu Mihai and Catalin designed the corporate identities for the 3 brands. On www.executiveitaly.com I don't recall the names of the website developers, I was keeping in touch with Cristin for the web development and with Adrian for the design part. On www.suculviu.ro, Adrian did the design mockup and Victor was in charge of the backend and Radu was the front end developer. La Villa Mobile App Radu Mihai designed the app mockups based on the wireframes (Screens) that we have agreed with our client. Vlad was the CTO helping with both Android and iOS coding. Ilovan was in charge of the iOS development.

I can only say that all my clients with who I have shared projects with salt & pepper are very glad of the work done from all points of view.

All projects are going through a brief that we develop together with salt and pepper and our client. After salt and pepper gives me a price offer with a estimated timeline and deadline. We have not received yet any complaints from our customers regarding quality issues or deadlines.

The fact that when I involve salt & pepper and we start working together on a project, based on the experience of collaboration I am very assured that we will meet clients demands, offer great quality and also benefiting to work with creative young people.

I think every company has always space for improvement. Based on our experience working on different projects and we did non have any issues I don't have any suggestions. What I can point out is that month by month their quality on services grows becoming super professional, I know they never stay in the confort zone and that means they will keep on growing on quality.

Overall Score ME AND MY CUSTOMERS ARE VERY HAPPY!!! :)
    VERY SMOOTH
    COST-EFFECTIVE
    THE BEST
    VERY LIKELY

AI Mobile App for Fitness Training Platform

"I found them very impressive, in terms of responsiveness, even though we were in different time zones."

Mar. 2019 - June 2019

Salt & Pepper designed and developed an iOS fitness app. The app uses AI technology and becomes customized as users enter personal exercise information.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Nick Apps
Founder & CEO, Cambridge Exercise Technology

The team delivered a high-quality product, and its success in the App Store portends well. Salt & Pepper always responds quickly and delivers great value for their services.

I’m the founder of Cambridge Exercise Technology, a fit-tech business.

What challenge were you trying to address with Salt & Pepper?

I needed a partner to create my AI-based fitness app.

Salt & Pepper created my entire AI app. They created the UI/UX, the backend, the rules engine for the AI, the API, and the fronted.

The app is exclusively available on iOS currently, and we’re talking about expanding to Android very soon.

Our app creates smart workouts. The process is as follows: The user goes through our onboarding stage, in which we take in what equipment the user has, what goals they want to achieve, how often they’d like to train, and how long they’d like to train for. Once we have those parameters, the platform shoots out a workout. As the user goes through the workout, the app asks them how many reps they did, what weight they used, how hard they found the exercise, and how well they performed it; with that information, the workouts become bespoke for the user, and the system automatically updates any changes or progress the user experiences.

We worked with six people in total. Cristin (CEO, Salt & Pepper) was the head of our project. Adrian (Creative Director, Salt & Pepper) was in charge of everything involving design. Alexandru (Mobile Team Lead/iOS App Developer) was the head of programming. I mainly spoke with Adrian and Alexandru throughout the whole process.

How did you come to work with Salt & Pepper?

I first heard about Salt & Pepper through one of my advisors, who used them in the past. My business was awarded an innovation grant from the European Regional Development Fund. Salt & Pepper said they could do exactly what we wanted with the amount we were awarded.

We’ve invested £10,000 (approximately $13,000 USD)

This project spanned Mar. – June 2019.

I think they boosted the quality of the product. From talking to similarly priced businesses about how they wanted to design the app, I got far more from Salt & Pepper than I was going to get anywhere else. I think the product developed more professionally than I would have gotten in the UK. I believe it’s been great from an overall functionality and reliability standpoint. We release into the App Store sometime this week, and the true test will be to see how the users like it.

They took exactly what I wanted, as a concept, and helped me curate it. There were certain pitfalls that we had to work through, but I think we created a better product, overall.

How did Salt & Pepper perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well in terms of project management. We were in constant communication throughout the whole process. They messaged me on Slack, in case they had any questions. In terms of fixing issues and communication, everything was very good.

I found them very impressive, in terms of responsiveness, even though we were in different time zones. If I ever had a question, it was almost immediately answered,

I don’t think there’s anything on their end they could improve upon. Together we could’ve been a bit clearer about a couple of different things I laid out.

There’s a large benefit in traveling out and meeting them in Romania. Additionally, having as much information as possible, and sending that to them in a very concise and easy manner, will make the project run very smoothly. Finally, as with any remote projects, constant communication is crucial.