Award Winning Full Service Accounting

At Salient Accounting & Finance, we are experienced and trustworthy accountants and financial advisors who can assist individuals, entrepreneurs, business partners and larger enterprises with all of their financial matters. From wealth planning and taxation issues to corporate restructuring and mortgages, we have the necessary expertise to make a real difference. Don't look anywhere else until you have found out more about us!

Based in Essex, our services are aimed at all sorts of organisations, both large and small, wherever they happen to be in the UK and even further afield. We take a friendly yet professional approach that means our clients continue to turn to us for their accounting and financial needs. Indeed, our multi-award winning professional accountants and financial advisors work at very competitive rates so you can enjoy high-quality services at a very affordable price.

2008
Basildon, United Kingdom
  • 4 Capricorn Centre, Cranes Farm Road
    Basildon, ESS SS14 3JJ

Taylor Bespoke, The Lords Club, Pirates Grog Spiced Rum, Popski London, Moda Minx, Off Limits Entertainment, MJJ Watches, Lower Barn Farm

Accounting for Recruitment Agency

"They listened to my questions and filled the gaps in my knowledge."

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Salient Accounting & Finance performs end-to-end accounting services for a recruitment agency. Their work included filing accounts, managing payroll, and submitting self-assessments of company performance issues.

Joseph Bell
Recruitment Director, SEED Recruitment

The work completed by Salient Accounting & Finance has been extremely accurate and effective, pleasing project stakeholders. Their team has proven themselves to be reliable, giving sound advice and always delivering on time.

I am director of a recruitment consultancy.

For what projects/services did your company hire Salient Accounting & Finance?

End of year accounts; payroll; self assessment; consulting.

What were your goals for this engagement?

Ensure accounts were filed; payroll is correct; self assessment is filed; I receive current insights from professional accountant.

They were referred by a trusted associate.

Describe the engagement in detail.

We met several different accountants to discuss our needs. Salient were our choice because they were personable, understanding and insightful.

Describe their billing or cost structure.

They have a clear outline of cost structures and were in line with quotes we received from other accounting companies.

I liaised with junior accountants, receptionists and partners - all were wholly professional and accommodating.

Can you share any outcomes from the engagement that demonstrate progress or success?

They have filed my accounts correctly; given sound advice; managed several other business processes effectively. Very happy with the outcomes.

They were accommodating and have always served my needs in a timely manner!

They prepared my end of year accounts very quickly and accurately. I met with the team to discuss the year and plans for the following twelve months. This meeting was helpful in explaining some aspects that I did not understand. They listened to my questions and filled the gaps in my knowledge.

Overall Score A fair review overall.
    Everything was done on time - I did not have to worry about company accounts at any point.
    In line with other quotes. Five-star value.
    I deduct points for bad aspects - there have been none
    Unquestionably would refer them.

Accounts for Kitchen Design Company

“They’ve never missed a deadline and have always been early for everything.”

May 2010 - Ongoing

Salient Accounting & Finance provides comprehensive services, including tax returns, corporate finance, and accounts. They’ve eliminated unnecessary fees and adapted the tax structure to profit growth.

Managing Director, Interior Design Company

Salient Accounting & Finance has surpassed expectations, reducing tax expenditure by 70% and driving business growth. They provide valuable advice and show genuine interest in both small and large clients. Their unrivaled results, punctuality, and communication make them a valued partner.

I am the managing director of a company that offers high-end interior design and fitting services.

For what projects/services did your company hire Salient Accounting & Finance?

We hired Salient Accounting & Finance to handle our accounts, taxes, and commercial finances.

What were your goals for this engagement?

Our goal was to be as tax-efficient as possible with our returns. We used to work with another accounting firm, but we were extremely unhappy with their services. They were often late in filing our returns and missed some obvious tax-saving strategies. I believe they ended up costing us thousands, not just in fees but in unnecessary taxes.

One of our suppliers recommended them, but I’ve heard of Salient Accounting & Finance before because they are a local company. Since starting our engagement, we have noticed that several local businesses are also their clients. Salient Accounting & Finance is clearly doing something right as everyone can only say positive things about them.

Describe the engagement in detail.

Salient Accounting & Finance handles our payroll, VAT returns, corporation tax returns, and tax advice. In our first consultancy meeting, they identified several leaks and offered us a complete solution. They became our official agent for submitting returns, and we gave them their own logins to our online bookkeeping software. Everything is done electronically, and we sign documents online.

Describe their billing or cost structure.

We are on a monthly retainer using direct debit, which makes it extremely easy to pay for their services. Our previous company used to send big unexpected bills, but Salient Accounting & Finance charges a single monthly fee.

They have a large number of staff members in small teams that specialize in niche areas. This seems to work extremely well.

They’ve exceeded our expectations and allowed us to reduce our tax bills by 70%. Compared to the previous company we were using, you can clearly see the impact they have had on the business. Each year, they have new ideas on how to handle the additional tax burden caused by our profit growth. They have helped us grow as we are now able to reinvest the taxes saved back into the company.

Overall, they have paid for their fees many times over during the last eight years we have been using them. It was obvious from the outset that Salient Accounting & Finance had industry experience and in-depth knowledge of accounting and tax rules. On a personal level, they helped me get a mortgage on my dream home.

The whole thing has been quite seamless and organized. We have a meeting once or twice a year to go over everything and make sure we are maximizing our tax efficiency. They give us useful advice and provide unbelievable service.

They’ve never missed a deadline and have always been early for everything. Communication is quite possibly the best I've ever seen in a company. We always get a very prompt response from whoever is handling the specific request. My bookkeeper gets a quick reply whenever she has questions or needs advice on how to process the information on our accounting software.

The internal communication is exceptional too. Everyone in the company seems to know about me as a client.  I would email them something thinking they might forget to handle this request, but I’d be astonished at how they remember everything.

We have grown significantly since they came on board. What pleases me the most is how considerate they were with us during our junior years. Our accounting and tax have grown more complex so we are now a larger client of theirs, but I remember how much time they spent with us when we were much smaller. They’ve genuinely cared about our company from the start, which is a rarity nowadays.

I wish I could give some constructive feedback, but I have been racking my brain and honestly cannot think of what I could say to improve their operations.