We exist to make the outdoors more crowded.

We are an outdoor digital marketing agency that combines our love of the outdoors with a mission of helping brands and organizations connect with passionate sportsmen to help companies scale.

Littleton, CO
  • 2629 W. Main Street
    Littleton, CO 80120

E-Commerce Dev & Digital Marketing for Lake Services Company

“They’re great to work with, interacting with them is a highlight of my day. They’re collaborative and positive.”

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Sage Lion Media created a Shopify store for a manufacturer. They coded custom features like a boat builder and worked on branding. Now, they help with digital marketing, HubSpot workflows, and PPC ads.

Lindsay, Texas
Veronica Williams
Director of Marketing & Special Projects, Pond King Inc.

Online sales are up 80% and the KPIs of new users and traffic are both up 100%. The team at Sage Lion Media is collaborative, responsive, and positive. They take the time to understand your business goals, then they propose suggestions and relate the marketing strategies to achieve those goals.

I am the director of marketing and special projects for Pond King Inc. We are a lake services company, manufacturing equipment to enhance the enjoyment of lakes.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sage Lion Media?

When I came aboard at Pond King, we were trying to relaunch our site as an e-commerce store. It kept stalling, so I sought an outside partner to finish the project.

We wanted someone to make a new e-commerce store for our site. They did some work on the branding, guidance on platform selection (we selected Shopify), and handled the bulk of the coding on features like our custom boat builder. We have an ongoing relationship with them where they help us manage our inbound marketing, HubSpot workflows, digital advertising, and PPC and Facebook ads.

Nick (Owner) was our main point of contact, and he had a team behind him. I have to commend Nick – he had some staffing changes but he ensured a smooth transition keeping our project on-time and on-budget.

How did you come to work with Sage Lion Media?

I found Nick through HubSpot.

We’ve invested $35,000 on web development, and our ongoing relationship costs $3,000–$5,000.

We began work in September 2018, and the work is ongoing.

Anecdotally, we’ve received a lot of positive feedback. The custom boat builder works and looks fantastic. Because of their work our online sales are up 80% in 2019, causing overall sales to rise by 20%. Our KPIs of new users and traffic are both up 100%.

How did Sage Lion Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They engaged us on a business level, trying to understand our business goals and relate all of our marketing to those goals. I appreciated that.

I really enjoy working with Nick and collaborating with him. However, as a small business if he’s working with a different client it can be difficult to reach him. As they become more successful, they’ll need to build their team more.

They’re very good at what they do. We were able to communicate what we wanted and they came back with questions on how to best execute that vision. They came with suggestions that we went with. It’s like a restaurant — you don’t go to a restaurant and hand a chef a recipe. The same rules apply here, you hired them for a reason — let them do their work.

I could use them to manage me a little bit more. I think sometimes we miss deadlines because of us.

Web Dev & Digital Marketing for Specialized Machinery Co.

“They’ve always met every deadline we’ve set.”

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Sage Lion Media handles web development and digital marketing services for a specialized machinery company. Working from scratch, they built the platform and now manage customer retention through emails.

Austin, Texas
Dale Layne
Sales, Niece Equipment

The platform runs smoothly and receives 2,400 monthly visitors. The partner's sales and business have dramatically increased. Sage Lion Media consistently meets deadlines and maintains effective communication. They've dedicated time to learn and understand the partner's industry.

I work in the sales department at Niece Equipment. We’ve been in business for about 40 years and have 120 employees in two factories located in Texas and Kansas. We off-road heavy products in Kansas and make other products in Texas.

My position is kind of open. I’m involved in sales and have certain accounts I work with. For the most part, I take on assignments as they come. For example, I handle dealers for various products we make. Some of these are specialized beds to accommodate various carriers of off-road and on-highway products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sage Lion Media?

We didn’t have a website nor did we understand the concept of inbound marketing. At that time, we were using old-school methods to get a business going. We’d get in the car, drive up and down the highway, and stop at every job site and office along the way.

One of our goals was to capture the email addresses of people who visited our website. This way, we could follow up with marketing emails about our products.

Sage Lion Media handles our web development and digital marketing services. They’ve done a wide range of work for us. Their team added a credit application and basic product specifications to the website. I even submitted numerous photographs that I had taken and Sage Lion Media edited and polished them up. These photos were posted on the website under my direction on the specific line of products.

Their team has also produced videos for the website. They visited us and filmed on location before compiling all the footage together. Sage Lion Media also handles our email marketing and customer retention efforts. If a customer hasn’t had any website activity in a while, they’ll receive an email inviting them to take a look at our new products.

There was a technology learning curve on technology for us. However, over a period of time, they learned about our business and we learned about theirs.

Nick (Owner) is my only point of contact. Although, there have been a couple of others along the way.

How did you come to work with Sage Lion Media?

We met Nick at the Independent Equipment Builders Association convention. We were considering 3–4 other companies but ended up going with Sage Lion Media. They originally didn’t know a lot about our industry but were quick learners. This helped us decide to stay with them instead of breaking off and starting all over with another company.

We invest an average of $3,000 a month.

Our ongoing partnership began in January 2015.

Our website went from being nonexistent and getting zero hits to receiving 2,400 monthly visitors. What’s more, our sales have dramatically increased because people can find us now. All in all, our business growth has increased in significant strides, and that’s tremendously due to Sage Lion Media’s work.

For example, last month we had seven requests for truck rentals, two of which ended up going through. There’s a sizable percentage for the hits we get in sales. I’ve haven’t calculated the dollars that Sage Lion Media’s work contributes to our volume and profitability, but it’s certainly gotten us a lot of worldwide attention.

Nick knows our business very well, and the website runs very smoothly. His work with online traffic details and number crunching is amazing. He can take any click on our website and track it back to who it was. They’ve been absolutely great at this. We were also surprised at how well-received the videos were. They had a positive impact on the customers we received.

How did Sage Lion Media perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate weekly, if not daily. They’ve always met every deadline we’ve set. In fact, I’ve never had to wait on them, it’s always them waiting on me. Nick has taught me a lot about what they’re doing. I don’t give it a lot of thought; I just trust he knows that he’s doing. I’ve always seen positive results.

The way they know how to capture information about people who click on our website has been powerful. Because of that, we send out emails thanking users for visiting and then extend an invitation to do business with us.

Sage Lion Media has visited us 4–5 times over the years. However, it’d be nice if we had the money for them to travel more to us. I think it’d help them learn our business a lot quicker.

Nick will lay out the expectations of what you’re supposed to do. He’ll teach you what you need as well as expect you to be on time and take care of your business.

Overall Score They take care of business.
    They try to get more money out of us and that’s okay, we understand the profit motive. It’s not a negative thing.
    I’m very likely to.

E-commerce Dev & Digital Marketing for D2C Outdoor Brand

"Nick does a really good job of listening to me, even if it’s something that he’s heard before from other clients."

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

Using an inbound marketing strategy, Sage Lion Media created a buyer’s journey and redeveloped a Shopify website to improve the UX. The team is currently working on a HubSpot re-engagement email campaign.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Chris Berry
Owner, Heaven's Trail

So far, Sage Lion Media’s strategy has helped to increase engagement and decrease bounce rates. The team is also flexible, which allows them to adapt to changes quickly to yield the desired results. Their high engagement, strong communication skills, and listening capabilities are noteworthy.

I’m the owner of Heaven’s Trail, a direct to consumer outdoor brand.

What challenge were you trying to address with Sage Lion Media?

As a direct to consumer company, our sales are all online because we don’t have a brick and mortar facility. The last marketing agency we hired had an outbound marketing approach, which works better for a spontaneous purchase item — something you don’t put a lot of thought into. We sell quite expensive one-off items. After learning about inbound marketing strategies, I realized that that’s what I needed.

Our e-commerce website is a Shopify platform and we also use HubSpot, both of which Sage Lion Media have experience in. The first thing they did after taking the time to understand our business and our goals was to help us map out a buyer’s journey using the inbound marketing strategy.

They developed the Shopify website and now, we provide them the content, and they incorporate it into the website to help tell that story they want to tell. Recently, they’ve started helping us with a re-engagement email campaign in HubSpot.

Nick (Owner & Design Lead) is my main point of contact.

How did you come to work with Sage Lion Media?

I interviewed about a dozen different inbound marketing agencies and it came down to two. After conducting in-person interviews with both of them, I ended up choosing Sage Lion Media.

We started working with them in January 2020 and our engagement is ongoing.

It’s hard to say because we’ve only been working with them for three months. Our products are seasonal and it’s not our season yet. The inbound marketing strategy does allow for more engagement, which is good. Since Sage Lion Media is a small company, just like ours, they’re able to turn on a dime. Moving from MailChimp to HubSpot hasn’t presented too much of a challenge and our bounce rates aren’t nearly as bad as they used to be.

How did Sage Lion Media perform from a project management standpoint?

We have hour-long calls with them via Zoom. They go through weekly sprints and try to tackle all of the work they do. Sage Lion Media also gives me reports and answers any questions I have. So far, they’ve been great. Although I have to pay for it, I’m always able to send them tasks that are outside the weekly scope. They use Jira to manage the project.

Nick does a really good job of listening to me, even if it’s something that he’s heard before from other clients. Heaven’s Trail is not the only client he has that’s trying to get more exposure and sell more products online. Additionally, we’re the first tree stand brand he’s worked with, but he’s acclimating very quickly.

He’s also very hands-on and wants to learn more about our product while weaving in his brand development experience.

Everybody can improve on something, but I can’t think of anything off the top of my head.

Have face-to-face meetings to get to know the whole team. That’s what helped us.

If you need an inbound marketing group, I would highly recommend Sage Lion Media.

Digital Marketing for Construction Company

"I was impressed by their openness and willingness to help."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Sage Lion Media provided digital marketing services for a GPS modeling service provider. Among other duties, they created content, developed a PPC campaign, and directed CRM.

Portland, Oregon
Matt G.
Owner, DirtLogic

Sage Lion Media successfully grew the client’s online presence and generated leads. They’ve demonstrated their skill by completing everything on-time. Throughout the project, they’ve worked closely with their partners to prioritize certain tasks and ensure results are to the highest standard.

DirtLogic is an earthwork take-off and GPS modeling service provider for excavation companies. I am the owner of the business.

For what projects/services did your company hire Sage Lion Media?

Pay-Per-Click, Marketing Consulting/Strategy, Inbound Marketing, Marketing Automation, Customer Relationship Management

Lead generation & content development

Sage Lion Media has a strong presence and understanding of outdoor industries. They demonstrated expert knowledge in all things digital marketing and inbound marketing, allowing us to focus on the core business.

Sage Lion Media and their team has a very structured production team. The overall scope was to create new content for our website that could be distributed through different mediums (email campaigns, blogs, advertising campaigns & social media). Sage Lion's role was to help us create these things from scratch.

We had one dedicated marketing executive. Sage Lion Media assigned an inbound marketing strategist/manager, lead developer & content writer to our account.

Our small company has always had a simple, grassroots approach to promotion. Sage Lion Media has patiently walked us through the steps for building efficient and effective online marketing by helping us identify and execute top priorities for each quarter. Now that we have a company willing to provide the hand-holding we needed to update our marketing DirtLogic is seeing a considerable increase in online presence and lead generation.

Sage Lion Media is an agile marketing agency. Their project management processes and system is a game changer. On a weekly basis our agreed to set of hours were completed in a timely fashion and of high quality. Resulting in all work being completed to our satisfaction.

I was impressed by their openness and willingness to help. And ability to learn our business and industry very quickly.

N/A

Always available to answer questions. Quick to respond.
    Worked within our budget.
    Quality work with a purpose.
    Top denver marketing agency. You'll want to work with them.