Web and Mobile Cross-Platform development

S-pro is a team of 70+ experts that provides full-cycle development service of Web & Mobile applications.

We help people to turn their ideas into successful startups.

Our team provides creative solutions for businesses to increase their revenue.

In S-PRO we use only the latest development techniques and we are always open for up-to date solutions.

Zaporizhzhya, Ukraine

We’ve developed:

➢ Unified customers analysis platform which is used by MasterCard;

➢ Goods delivery application with $430000 cargo;

➢ Medical platform which serves 7 hospitals across US;

➢ Communication sales-motivation platform which is used by such brands as Miele, Salomon, Komono;

➢ Payment platform for Canadian hockey league

➢ Tablet app that shortened the mat-making company's sales cycle by 4 times

Virtuoso

A salesman tool with flexible interface aimed at increasing sales through the built-in realtime editor of layouts / sketches.

4X faster production cycle
30 min to close the deal
48 hours less to complete an order

Moving Pipe

Moving Pipe is a commercial transportation app, which establishes the connection between Carriers, Brokers, and Companies. The carrier has an ability to publish his available space in real time, though a customer can easily find an appropriate free carrier to convey his goods. There is also the on-line chat, which allows them to get in touch with each other and simplifies the jobs of both – carriers and companies.

Turfassistant

Turf Assistant is a unique solution that helps golf courses Plan attainable standards within a given a budget, Execute those standards on a daily basis and then Report on the execution of the plan.

TSO

Our client was thinking about delivery service for his own restaurant for a long time and he figured out that the best delivery is one that was created by your own hands.
So he came to us with idea of a perfect tool which allows to fully customise an order and skip paying tips.

The Hub

Powerful mobile cloud platform that delivers the Hub – empowering medical groups to access, organise, manage, and distribute the resources and communications they use every day

Breakout

We delivered Breakout which is a social network, allowing the players just to enjoy the game without messing around. Get an access to events, teams, available players and collect team fees with one click. S-pro made it possible.

Learn more about the project here http://s-pro.io/breakout/

ImmoClassic

Real Estate website

Spendies

How to succesfully control your expences?

It's very easy with multifunctional app Spendies. Spendies is simple, intuitive, feature-rich app.

Autograff

The free mobile app that helps you shop for new cars at the Vancouver International Auto Show. Vote for your favorites, save them and request test drives

Menews

The application finds out your location and cafes around you.

App Dev for Manufacturing Company

"You can't go wrong with them."

Nov. 2015 - Mar. 2017

S-Pro helped to create an app to help salespeople expedite their interactions with their clients. The app dramatically reduces the time and number of steps between initial customer interaction and ordering.

Suwanee, Georgia
Consultant, Mat Manufacturer

Feedback from the field has been positive, and customers are delighted with the app. S-Pro collaborated with developers from all over the world. Their commitment to the project, flexibility, and professionalism ensured timely delivery of a successful product.

I’m the consulting IT Director for a manufacturer of floor mats. I’m helping to streamline development and take the company through an agile transition. The company has grown dramatically since it’s beginnings in 1999, working closely with facility services companies in the US, Europe and around the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with S-PRO?

S-PRO helped us create an app that our salespeople could use to expedite their interaction with their clients.

The project with S-PRO started before I joined the company, but my understanding is that they have headed up the front-end development and that has certainly been their focus while I have been involved. The application is effectively a SPA and heavily reliant on JavaScript, so they have played a major role.

They have worked closely with the User Experience designer and backend developers, contributing ideas and solutions for the application design and for architectural issues.

How did you come to work with S-PRO?

S-PRO were contracted through Upwork. Several candidates were interviewed but S-PRO stood out and were brought in to head up the front-end development.

How much have you invested with S-PRO?

As the project started before I arrived, I don’t know the exact budget, but it would be in the range of $100,000 to $150,000, and that would have been distributed amongst all of the team members working on the project.

The project began around December 2015 and has recently been completed. S-PRO is still helping us out with a couple of minor issues.

The app has only just been released in beta, so we don't have any hard metrics yet. Stakeholders within the company are pleased with the final product. Feedback from the test group in the field has been very positive. Other customers of the company who don’t yet have access to the app are looking forward to getting their hands on it.

How did S-PRO perform from a project management standpoint?

This project was difficult in that it brought together several independent developers who had not previously worked together. S-PRO were able to settle into the project quickly and begin delivering usable iterations with each Sprint. Despite the team being distributed globally, S-PRO delivered their tasks on time, attended meetings promptly and were able to liaise effectively with other team members, overcoming problems and impediments quickly.

While S-PRO didn’t take a project management role in this project, they were organized and worked well with the team. Certainly, with regard to planning and daily meetings, S-PRO was clear about what they were doing. They delivered what they said they would deliver, and it was on time and budget.

What did you find most impressive about S-PRO?

Before this project, I had never worked with a bunch of developers who had not worked with each other previously. Also, a team in India was introduced to the project later in the game. So, we have India, Europe, the UK, and the US all working in collaboration with each other. That tends to require flexibility regarding your availability and the hours that you're prepared to work to get things done. The whole team was good at that. There were never any issues with somebody not being available for a meeting. There were never any issues with somebody not producing what they said they would produce. Obviously, there were problems along the way, but as the issues arose, the team worked together and could overcome them. S-PRO's commitment to the project was evident. They were an important part of the team, and they helped make everything move forward.

Are there any areas S-PRO could improve?

Not really. There were very minor communication issues arising from background noise on conference calls, which combined with the accent, occasionally meant that a point would need to be repeated. The level of English in the S-PRO team ranged from understandable to very good.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with S-PRO?

The team at S-PRO know their stuff and work well together. They don’t need to be over-managed. I've already recommended them to people and would definitely use them again.

Overall Score We would certainly collaborate with S-PRO again if the need arises. We’re in the process of bringing development in-house, but if we required specific expertise in frontend development, then we would engage them again.
    S-PRO worked as part of the team, and the team collectively set the schedules. They met each and every schedule that was set.
    I'm used to paying developers a lot more than we paid S-PRO. They struck me as being extremely high value for the money we spent. Their skills are equal to somebody in the UK or the US and a fraction of the cost, so you can't go wrong with them.
    S-PRO delivered what they said they were going to deliver, and they delivered it in a timely manner.
    I have recommended S-PRO to colleagues already.

Mobile App Dev for Hockey League

"Anytime I needed anything, they were available for me."

Sep. 2014-Ongoing

S-Pro built a sports organization mobile app from scratch to help a sports agency organize and manage events, and collect payments. They developed a react-app for Android and iOS.

Calgary, Canada
Roman Levandovsky
Managing Director, Canadian Recreational Sports Development Corp.

S-Pro's app received positive feedback from its intended audience. They also remained very responsive despite time differences, and they were able to adapt to business changes well. QA was initially was weak but improved over the course of the project.

Canadian Recreational Sports Development Corp deals with hockey. We are based in North America. We’re building an application right now that will allow us to organize sports, collect payments, and manage events. The name of the application is Breakout.

What challenge were you trying to address with S-PRO?

We needed help with building our application. To give you context, there are two big problems that we see every day in our business. One is the need to collect rich [inaudible, 00:58] from players, and there’s not really a good solution to make group payments. If you run a team of any sort, what happens is that the person who runs the team has to collect all the money. That means there’s no way to allow the players to give monthly payments. The app solves that problem. The second problem is that when you run a team, what happens is that you need to know how many players are coming to each game. It takes a lot of time to figuring out if you are sending text messages or emails. Our application solves this event management problem.

It was my vision, but S-PRO did the execution. I did not provide any wireframes, but I did provide specs as far as what particular things I wanted to build. These were improvements of those things that they built. They built everything from the start—the system, database design, user experience, user interface, and design. We now have a React-based app for Android and iOS that they built. They essentially did all the development that I requested them to do. We work in one-week sprints and every few weeks or months when we need something. They didn’t do any marketing for us.

How did you come to work with S-PRO?

I looked for two years to find the right combination of value and technical ability. It was difficult. I found them on oDesk at the time. I found Igor, the principal of the company, and we started talking. We did a test project to see if they would be the kind of organization that we would want to work with. When we did the test project, the results were good. The product I request them to build has to be of quality, along with the communication part. If something was wrong or if there are any issues that need resolving quickly, then I need access to someone that would be able to help to figure this out. They definitely did that. I figured that we could continue with them and started to go in that direction.

How much have you invested with S-PRO?

The amount we’ve paid S-PRO is approaching about $250,000.

I approached them in the fall of 2014. The work is ongoing because we still have a few phases that we need to complete.

I’m the lead in the project so not too many people engage with S-PRO. The results that they see is the product, and there’s been pretty good feedback about that. Our employees are achieving what they need to achieve, especially our accounting department because they use the product for the payment aspect of it. They don’t have any issue with it. If there are any problems that we find, they get fixed pretty quickly.

How did S-PRO perform from a project management standpoint?

I have a dedicated project manager assigned to our project. There’s a plan that we put together, and he’s in charge of making sure that plan gets executed. That’s the nature of our relationship. There’s a weekly sprint that we talk about. After that, I get a report of what has and what has not been completed, then we go forward and repeat the process. I typically talk to him on a nightly basis because they’re based in Ukraine. I haven’t had any issues communicating with them. We use three main communication methods. The project is managed on JIRA, and all issues are reported on there. We can go back and forth on comments, screenshots, videos, and whatever else we need to do in there. Direct communication is through Skype. If I need to discuss something in person, we use that. Of course, we use email when there are things that we need to record that aren’t that pertinent or urgent.

What did you find most impressive about S-PRO?

Typically, it’s difficult to deal with companies from other countries because of language barriers or different time zones. Anytime I needed anything, they were available for me, and that’s really important. If we’re in production and there’s an issue, it affects quite a few people we work with. I was able to resolve any issue we had. They’re flexible enough that we can always work out any issues in the business relationship or in areas unrelated to the product.

Are there any areas S-PRO could improve?

You can always improve on something. I would say that they can always add more technological capabilities to their company through more experience with their developers or in QA. Their QA was actually a little bit weaker, but it’s been better now in the last five or six months.

The most important thing is to do some research upfront and not to commit to somebody right away. We don’t really have a formal contract. Because of the nature of the development, it makes sense for me to continue with them. If you don’t do the research or test project, you might find yourself in a situation where you’re not getting the results that you want.

That is due to some unforeseen issues in scope increments.
    Other than the QA issues we experienced, it’s been pretty good.

Mobile App Dev for Entrepreneur

"S-PRO has a great working environment and a young, energetic team who I could trust. They're trying to innovate on how the business is being developed"

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

S-Pro utilized Cordova PhoneGap to develop a cross-platform mobile application software for an instant messaging startup company. After the project completion, S-Pro provides ongoing maintenance.

Entrepreneur

Ireland
CEO, App

The mobile app generated positive feedback from Android and iOS customers. S-Pro impressed their client by remaining genuine, and enthusiastic throughout the project. While project deadlines could have been communicated better on both sides, the client will perform more projects with S-Pro.

We are a startup company developing an instant-messaging smartphone application that helps people organize group activities. I am the chief executive officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with S-PRO?

We needed to develop our software and didn't have the right personnel on our team.

S-PRO developed our cross-platform application using Cordova PhoneGap. It has an HTML, CSS, and JavaScript frontend, and a Node.js and MongoDB backend. For the most part, the work was based on our own wireframes in the beginning. S-PRO also supplied a designer who gave us some very constructive inputs.

How did you come to work with S-PRO?

I found S-PRO on Upwork, which was called oDesk at the time. I was looking for developers for similar technologies to ours and went through a huge number of reviews. After whittling the list down, I had a Skype session with one of S-PRO's project managers. I was happy to go with them from that stage.

How much have you invested with S-PRO?

The cost of S-PRO's work was between $10,000 and $50,000.

Our project has been completed after an 18-month period, but S-PRO continues to provide minor ongoing maintenance. I plan on moving on to another business and plan to maintain our collaboration with S-PRO going forward.

The app has had very few downloads so far, around 200 in total between the Android and iOS versions. We've seen very positive reviews from the people who have used the app. The software is functioning very well.

How did S-PRO perform from a project management standpoint?

I worked with two separate project managers from S-PRO's team over the course of our project. They had excellent English levels, so they were very methodical and good at translating the work for me. We used Skype for our day-to-day communication. We averaged 2–3 video calls per week, for cases where we couldn't understand each other. We also had one major weekly conference that lasted 1–2 hours. S-PRO was using Jira as well as another project management tool in which I was included. I could see all the tasks being worked on and could monitor the project in that way as well. With every large project, deadlines will rarely be met. We extended our original timeline but the overall collaboration was very positive and the vast majority of reasons for deadline extension came from our side.

What did you find most impressive about S-PRO?

I was very pleased S-PRO’s team and services. S-PRO's members are very good people. I visited them in Ukraine.  S-PRO has a great working environment and a young, energetic team who I could trust. They're trying to innovate on how the business is being developed.

Are there any areas S-PRO could improve?

Deadline estimates could be improved, but I can't think of anything else.

Overall Score I consider myself to be friends with S-PRO's team.
    No project is perfect, and S-PRO is a great company. Many of the delays came from our side.
    Definitely. S-PRO has a significant advantage from working within the Ukrainian economy. The wages are much lower than they would be elsewhere for equivalent experience, at least in our part of Europe.
    S-PRO delivered a functional application which was everything it was meant to be. There was nothing wanting in terms of quality.
    For sure. I had a great experience with S-PRO. They're great people.