Two Diverse Minds - One Amazing Creation

S-FX Small Business Solutions is a boutique technology consulting agency geared towards start-up businesses, small businesses and non-profit businesses.  We specialize in implementing low cost technology solutions to maximize efficiency and reduce business operating costs.

2005
Stafford Township, NJ
  • Stafford Township, NJ 08050

We predominately work with small-to-medium sized businesses, startups, non-profit organizations, or government/public entities (Townships, school districts, etc.)

New Website & Ongoing Webinar for Engineering Nonprofit

"Shane’s problem-solving ability is amazing."

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

S-FX Small Business Solutions assists in managing critical areas of a non-profit’s tech strategy. From graphic design and web development to webcasting, they provide guidance as well as hands-on work to boost the organization’s standing.

Timothy Licitra
Executive Director, Illuminating Engineering Society

S-FX has transported the organization from an outdated legacy system to a modernized operating platform with a user-friendly interface. They’ve increased user traffic and have largely improved the website’s UX. They showcase incredible problem-solving skills and continuously deliver excellent work.

I’m the executive director of Illuminating Engineering Society, a non-profit standards development organization for the lighting industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with S-FX Small Business Solutions?

When I first joined IES, we didn’t have a full-time webmaster. So, I engaged Shane (CEO, S-FX Small Business Solutions) and his team to perform a variety of web-related services. We’ve interacted with him across a very wide spectrum of tasks.

He’s helped us with graphic design, web development, and webcasting. He also evaluated different association management systems and guided us to make the right decisions based on our current and future needs. Right now, we work with him primarily with our webcasts.

In his current maintenance of our webcasts, Shane assists us from the very beginning to the end—from video production up to training our speakers before they have to present a live webinar. He also manages the moderation of the webinar by relaying audience questions.

Shane and his team have also helped us to build a brand-new website from the ground-up. Even though we now have a full-time staff member managing the site, Shane remains an important resource for us.

Shane was my main point of contact. He has no problem reaching out to bring in other consultants with a better expertise on certain matters. I don’t think they were full-time S-FX employees, but through his network of connections, I was able to find us another consultant that works well with us.

How did you come to work with S-FX Business Solutions?

Shane was a staff member at another organization that I used to work at before he had his own company. We worked closely together then.

We’ve spent somewhere around $50,000–$100,000.

Shane has helped out with IES since November 2015.

Shane has ensured that our users have a positive engagement with our system. His work has definitely increased traffic to our website. He took us from a legacy system to a modern back-end operating system with a front-facing website that’s more flexible—it’s now compatible with newer software and technologies.

How did S-FX Business Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

Shane is very timely and transparent about other projects that are on his schedule. He stands by all of his commitments and executes everything he says he’s going to do. He’s also extremely outward-facing and sociable. My staff communicated with him through e-mail or on the phone, but I would just text him since we’ve been working together for so long.

Shane’s problem-solving ability is amazing. I’m also extremely impressed by their commitment to discovering a long-term and sustainable solution instead of just a quick fix.

No, they do great work. They fill a void for organizations like ours.

Give them as much information, both from a historical perspective and the direction that you want your organization to go. Shane and his team will be fantastic at identifying solutions.

Website & Custom Solutions for Packaging Company

"As a business owner, it’s an ideal client-vendor relationship."

2007 - Ongoing

S-FX Small Business Solutions redesigned a website and provided SEO work to increase site exposure. In addition, they executed a resource management program to facilitate all internal communications.

Elmwood Park, New Jersey
Joseph Taliercio
Director of Facilities & HR, Miniature Folding Inc.

S-FX tailored its offerings to meet the specific needs of a small business, delivering excellent programs and SEO work. Their engagement led to an uptick in sales and an increase in production. They were accommodating and authentic throughout, inspiring the client to strongly recommend them.

I’m the HR director for a pharmaceutical packaging company in northern New Jersey.

What challenge were you trying to address with S-FX Small Business Solutions?

We brought S-FX on to redesign our website and to assist with both its front- and backend. We also needed training for employees to be able to update it internally.

S-FX has redesigned our website throughout the years. They’ve taught us how to use WordPress, so we no longer have to call every time we want to make adjustments to the site. They’ve also worked on its SEO and have introduced Google Ads to maximize our exposure.

What’s more, they’ve helped develop a custom HR management program to track the attendance and performance of my employees. It’s an amazing business solution that also lets me track my production schedules. It makes creating reports and making changes to procedures so much easier.

My main point of contact is Shane (Chief Technologist, S-FX Small Business Solutions). A couple of others helped with the development stages, as well as troubleshooting. I would guess that I’ve worked with three or four teammates over the years.

How did you come to work with S-FX Business Solutions?

A colleague recommended them to me, who had also been a client of theirs. But I wasn't fully aware of their capabilities when I initially called them about our website.

We’ve spent around $25,000–$50,000 in total.

We’ve been together since 2007, and the relationship is ongoing.

Due to the website help, we’ve gotten more hits and web-based inquiries which has led to an uptick in sales. Their work has also improved communication between departments, which are now able to log into the new management system. Our efficiency and production have increased as a result of that.

How did S-FX Small Business Solutions perform from a project management standpoint?

The communication has always been seamless. Shane is always reachable by email or on the phone, and we also have web meetings through TeamViewer, which allows him to access my computer remotely. He keeps us updated about our progress. Shane was also very accommodating of my requests for new features and functions, making changes on the fly. He's even frank with me about my most cost-effective options. As a business owner, it’s an ideal client-vendor relationship.

S-FX knows exactly what a small business owner might be looking for and tailors their offerings to my needs. You can buy big box management programs right off the shelf, but these typically include features that, frankly, aren’t necessary for our small business model. I appreciate the fact that Shane understands our specific needs and delivers products that are scalable and easy to use.

We’ve been working with them for about ten years now, and not a single criticism comes to mind. It’s been very stress-free.

Bring your ideas to the table, and let them know exactly what you’re looking to do. They’re very good about letting you know what’s viable and what’s not.

They’re very responsive, and everything has been delivered on time for me.
    The value is definitely there.
    S-FX has done great work for my colleagues whom I’ve recommended them to.

Web Design & Other IT Services for Nonprofit

“They have quick turnaround times, which works very well for us.”

2013 - Ongoing

Working alongside an in-house team, S-FX.com Small Business Solutions has been managing a WordPress website, including frontend design and backend integrations. They also provide IT consulting services.

1,001 - 5,000 Employees

Alvin Kressler
Executive Director & CEO, CMT Association

The in-house team is happy with the quality of S-FX.com’s work. S-FX.com Small Business Solutions has met all expectataions, while their creative approach to solving tech issues makes them stand out among competitors.

I'm an executive director and CEO at CMT Association. We do certifications for financial professionals.

What challenge were you trying to address with S-FX.com Small Business Solutions, LLC?

We were transitioning from a database vendor, so we needed a new company to help us with the frontend of our website and provide other IT services.

Initially,  S-FX.com managed some of our vendors. Then, they began focusing more on the frontend development and things related to our database. They're currently managing our WordPress website and integration of our backend with the database. S-FX.com works alongside our in-house web producer, who handles the creative side of things. They also help us with third-party APIs and provide consulting services.

We mostly work with Shane (Owner and Chief Technologist, S-FX.com Small Business Solutions, LLC).

How did you come to work with S-FX.com Small Business Solutions, LLC?

The relationship had started before I joined the company.

We pay them about $4,000 a month, so we've spent between $50,000–$200,000 over the past six years.

We started working with S-FX.com in 2013 and the relationship is ongoing.

Overall, we're happy with the quality of their work.

How did S-FX.com Small Business Solutions, LLC perform from a project management standpoint?

They're good communicators and keep us up-to-date with the status of the project. We mostly use email and phone to stay in touch.

They have quick turnaround times, which works very well for us.

The only thing I'd change is the documentation. We get a progress report at the end of each month, but we'd like to have an easier way to track the changes that have been made.

Keep an open line of communication and ask for their feedback. S-FX.com  has a creative way to solve different technological issues.

The cost has never been an issue.