Helping Brands Reach Their Growth Goals

Roketto is a leading inbound marketing and web design agency focused on providing predictable growth to the companies we work with. Through a full-funnel approach, we help brands scale their business by increasing lead generation, customer acquisition, client engagement, and competitive advantage.

Recognized and regularly awarded for our design & development expertise, we work closely with clients all across the globe. We are a certified Google Partner in AdWords & Analytics, as well as a Hubspot Certified Partner and we excel at making data-driven decisions to effectively grow your business.

Kelowna, Canada
  • Roketto
    #201B - 269 Bernard Ave.
    Kelowna, BC V1Y6N2

The PTDC

Built to ensure that smart, passionate trainers have amazing careers.

Okanagan Spirits

BC's Original Craft Distillery.

Food For Fitness

Helping busy people lose weight with healthy meals, recipes, and podcasts.

WordPress Dev for Nutrition Company

“The design was great, communication was effective, and the project was affordable.”

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Roketto designed and built a mobile-friendly WordPress site with a modern UX/UI and a news feed feature that displayed several different types of content.

Scott Baptie
Founder, Food For Fitness

Changes made to the existing site yielded in a 32% increase in traffic since its launch in September. The new site has been very responsive, and all aspects of the engagement went smoothly.

I am the founder of Food for Fitness, a nutrition company that provides weight loss advice to people of all shapes and sizes. We’ve been around for about four years.

What challenge were you trying to address with Roketto?

We wanted a new site that was more responsive, mobile-friendly, and would allow me to make edits myself. We were looking to include industry standard tools and an updated look and feel to keep people coming back to view our content.

I had an initial call with the director and he fully understood where I was coming from. They came back to us with a proposal that fit our budget, satisfied our needs and met our time line. I sent them a few sketches on how I wanted it to look, and they led all aspects of design and development. They also made the site mobile-friendly. There were several opportunities for me to review progress, and we made a few changes along the way. They were very accommodating to some larger changes I wanted to make, and the result is a beautiful WordPress site that operates exactly how I want it to.

Some specific features include a unique homepage with more opt-ins for first-time visitors, displays that prioritize new content, and a news feed that shows all our different content in one place. Navigation is great, and since the launch, our mobile traffic has skyrocketed.

I worked primarily with Jason, our account director, but also worked with Maddie [Front End Developer, Roketto] over the course of the project. If I wanted any big changes, I would go with Jason, while I worked through smaller changes with Maddie. She’s fantastic, and we use her as a go-to for any site/design edits.

How did you come to work with Roketto?

A company in our industry released a new version of their site recently, and it was done by Roketto. I really like the way it turned out; the feel and functionality were exactly what I was looking for. I contacted several other suppliers as well, but Roketto’s cost structure was very competitive. Everything with Roketto just seemed right, so we decided to work with them.

Just over $13,000.

We started working together in March of 2017, and completed the initial project. We’ve continued to work with them on other projects since, including a big memberships site that just went live last month.

Since the site went live in the end of September, we saw a 32% increase in traffic compared to months prior. We had a few issues with our server due to the spike in traffic, but Roketto reached out on my behalf and everything is working well now.

How did Roketto perform from a project management standpoint?

Excellent. We didn’t have any delays, and they kept me updated on all aspects of the project. They also managed to adhere to their initial price quote. We communicated via Skype and email.

We were impressed by the whole engagement. The design was great, communication was effective, and the project was affordable.

No, we had no complaints at all.

Advice for potential customers?

If potential clients are sure to be very clear on what they want from the engagement, Roketto can certainly develop the idea into a reality.

Overall Score Absolutely perfect. We’re delighted with the end result.
    Everything was delivered on time, often ahead of schedule.
    They adhered to my initial budget, and subsequent work was at a very good rate.
    They provided very high-quality work. No complaints.
    I’ve recommended them already.

Website Redesign & Rebranding

"Roketto was easy to work with and seemed to be on top of everything."

Dec. 2016 - June 2017

Roketto conducted a complete website update with a modernized look and feel, incorporating interactive elements and detailed graphic designs to preserve unique branding. The team now assists with maintenance.

Kelowna, Canada
Manager, Craft Distillery

Since launching 2 weeks ago, the new site has already attracted increased product page views and 20 inquiry forms, thanks to Roketto’s engaging layout. Their upbeat attitude, genuine interest, and expert aesthetic intuition contributed to a productive partnership.

I’m the manager and communications person at a distillery. We produce all our own spirits and sell them online as well.

What challenge were you trying to address with Roketto?

We’ve been growing online with retail, so we wanted to have something that matched our demand. We had an existing website that wasn’t able to process the volume. We also wanted it to be more modern and more engaging. We realized that a lot of customers were coming to our website to buy as opposed to just find out about us. We wanted the site to be more interactive with our products.

We met with Roketto to discuss our idea, and they came up with a proposal. We ran through a couple things that we really wanted to see. From there, we had a few meetings about the project. Once we were comfortable with everything, we started phasing in the new website. They involved us along the way, which was really nice because we have a specific brand and look that we wanted to maintain. Whenever we had major updates or sneak peeks or things like that, we would get someone here to listen to our feedback. We showed them the themes we wanted, and they matched everything to our vision, even certain buttons or highlights. We wanted a 1930s-style Prohibition theme, and they added graphic design images to make it cohesive with our brand.

What are some features on this site that were not on your old website?

On our new website, online ordering is very different. We have a user account login system where people can build wish lists, get reminders of products in the cart, and look through recommended products. We also have a search ability for products in general. In the past, every product had an individual page, but now it’s all condensed onto a categories page, so it’s easy to maneuver through our lineup.

We also have a lot of video throughout the website to show the experience side of our business at individual locations. The interactivity and the engagement from the website are night and day from the static, old website.

How many resources have been assigned to your project?

We worked with the initial person we spoke to, as well as a project manager. I believe we had the main developer and another person helping with some of the sales, so I would say we had about 4 people involved.

How did you come to work with Roketto?

I know their team from living in the same city. We’re friends. Three years ago, before I even knew them, I approached them because I’d heard good things. At that time, we didn’t have the budget for a new website. I re-approached Roketto and asked them for a proposal, which we compared to 4 different companies’ proposals. We met with all these businesses, and Roketto definitely came through as the top option. We’d seen some of their portfolios, and they had worked for some similar companies and seemed like a great fit. The value for the cost compared to the other businesses was better.

How much have you invested with Roketto?

We got a good price that included all of the integrations. We had to get plugins that let us send shipped items through Canadian post. They also included social media feeds.

We started working with them in December of 2016, and we told them we wanted to launch the site in the spring. We slowed down the process because everything has to go through our family business. The site launched about 2 weeks ago, and it’s amazing. Roketto is still helping us with maintenance. They’ve shown me how to manage and use the site, and we’re hoping to do some SEO work with them later in the year.

People have said that they’ve seen the new website and really like it. We’re finding that people visit more product pages, and I think that’s because if you search for gin, other recommended products automatically pop up. In the past, I would’ve had to add a static link. Roketto also added an inquiry form, and we’ve had 20 in the last 2 weeks since it launched. That shows that people are spending more time on the site and finding that form on the experience page. It’s neat for us too because, in the past, we only heard from customers via phone or email. This way, we know which location they’re asking about through the form.

How did Roketto perform from a project management standpoint?

The main project manager met with me every 2–3 weeks. Towards the end, we met more frequently. He broke everything down, which was helpful. Roketto was easy to work with and seemed to be on top of everything. We gave them a deadline, and they came through. They handled all the management from their end.

What did you find most impressive about Roketto?

They broke things down for us, especially at the very beginning when we told them what we wanted. Even when they had to explain some complicated stuff, we didn’t feel lost. We really appreciated Roketto’s clear communication because we knew it was a big investment. They’re also a genuinely positive team to work with. We never had any issues or clashes in our meetings. They listened and took notes. They would follow-up right away and make sure that we hadn’t missed anything in the minutes.

Are there any areas Roketto could improve?

No, they exceeded our expectations. They came through for us aesthetically with the brand and matched what our distilleries look like with the online shop. When we saw the website for the first time, it was far better than anything we imagined.

Overall Score We’re very happy we switched to Roketto.
    They were really good to us. We’re a family-owned business, and some of the members travel quite a bit. Roketto gladly changed meetings to match our schedule.
    I have already recommended them.

Digital Marketing for Condo Sales Campaign

"They deliver high-quality products with a clean and modern design."

Dec. 2016 - Ongoing

Roketto took charge of branding, web design, and print and digital marketing materials for a condo development. They developed the website from start to finish, and created and managed the marketing campaign.

Kelowna, British Columbia
Ashley Kendall
Marketing Coordinator, Highstreet Ventures

Roketto’s simple yet sophisticated organization of projects sets them apart. Their design and marketing campaign skills are effective, and they provide reports on a regular basis. Roketto is a down-to-earth team to work with because they always provide a personal touch and communicate well.

Highstreet is a real estate development firm focused primarily on developing condo-quality rental apartments. Since 2005, Highstreet Ventures has developed and built 17 projects including; 1,708 rental apartments, 301 condos, and 48 townhomes, as well as developing and selling a hotel. These projects reside in BC, Alberta, North West Territories and soon to be Ontario.

I’m the Marketing Coordinator who oversees the marketing for the entire company from content and design to execution.

What challenge were you trying to address with Roketto?

We had condo sales coming up in Calgary. We were looking for new branding, a website, a digital campaign, and some print products. We wanted an agency that had prior experience in a related industry.

Roketto completed the whole branding for McCall Landing and Skyview Ranch, which were originally going to be multi-family rentals. However, due to the rental market in Calgary, we decided to switch the 280 suites to condo sales.

They’ve completed the full website development, set up the digital campaign involving Google remarketing and AdWords as well as some signage and closed gate brochure designs. I’ve worked with four or five team members from Roketto indirectly and directly with three project managers.

How did you come to work with Roketto?

I sent out a request for proposal to 10-15 marketing companies in Calgary and Kelowna and vetted them myself. I narrowed it down to three based on their quotes and experience in the industry. Our management team did personal interviews with those three, and Roketto was ultimately selected.

How much have you invested with Roketto?

We’ve spent close to $30,000 so far on the one project. Soon to be more with the other projects.

The project began in December of 2016 and was completed in March of this year. Our relationship is ongoing, as they’re currently managing some changes to our website and our digital campaign. We plan to use them later this year for updates to several other rental community websites.

We receive reports every month. When we first launched in March, we had 106 goal completions. We had 2,700 sessions, and 1,700 unique users to our website. That was with a budget of $3,000 through Google. We had an impressive percentage of conversions with our remarketing ads. We had 422 clicks, with a conversion rate of 3%. To date, we’ve had over 200 paid conversions, which has resulted in us selling 20 condos within two weeks.

How did Roketto perform from a project management standpoint?

It was very important to our team that we worked with a firm that was down-to-earth. In terms of management, Roketto incorporates a lot of software that is easy to understand. They use software like Invision to show you a live preview of what your website will look like, as well as the website itself on a test server. For branding, we did a number of different concepts. They were very timely with their responses.

What did you find most impressive about Roketto?

Instead of just sending a PDF proposal in response to our RFP, they came to us in person, shook our hands, and gave us a booklet with their proposal. They go out of their way to provide a personal touch, which sets them apart from other companies.

Are there any areas Roketto could improve?

I can’t think of anything. We did a lot of due diligence in making our choices.

Overall Score They’re a friendly and down-to-earth team that knows what they’re doing. None of their design is ever dated.
    They’re incredibly accommodating. You just need to be fair in giving them a two-day notice, which is pretty average for the industry standard.
    They’re more expensive than some other agencies in town, but it’s a good value for your money, especially for the level of quality in work.
    They deliver high-quality products with a clean and modern design.
    They did such a fantastic job with this project, we decided to use them for a number of other projects in the future.

Web Dev and Advertising for Luxury Auction House

"It seems to me that they genuinely care about the success of our company."

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

Using graphic templates, Roketto developed a new, accessible website for a luxury auction house. They also provided advertising strategy and distribution services.

British Columbia, Canada
Jesse Ross
Analyst, The Garage Sale Luxury Auction House

Roketto's marketing strategy for a recent auction yielded the highest price and number of bidders that the client has ever had. Their communication, authenticity of work, and approachability are highlighted as strengths.

Our company is The Garage Sale Luxury Auction House. We market and auction luxury assets - typically luxury real estate valued at $5 million or more. I am lead analyst and the project manager for our last auction.

What challenge were you trying to address with Roketto?

We needed a better solution for our website. Our previous company was challenging to work with. It took a long time to make changes and we had no backend access. That was the main concern. We were going to essentially rebrand our website and we needed to have an option that allowed us to have better backend access moving forward as well.

It started with just a relaunch of our website. We scrapped everything that we had before. It was a full relaunch of our website. We had maybe 15 pages that we built from scratch. We had a graphic designer who built some templates and then we worked with Roketto to bring those to life. That was how our involvement with them first started. From there, we started doing some digital ads through Roketto as well. They helped with our online campaign for our last auction. We have a designer who’s on our team; he built it. We had our content ready, and they were able to build the functioning website using that stuff. I think there was a certain template that worked but then we had to make some modifications to suit what we needed. I think they added some plugins. I don’t know exactly. They were big with helping with the strategy of the advertising. We had our graphic designers who would design the ads, and they would help us with the different sizes we wanted and create the ads. Then, they were in charge of distributing them across various online channels.

How did you come to work with Roketto?

We did a pretty extensive review of various companies both in Kelowna - both our companies are in the same building. We looked at some companies out of Vancouver, Calgary, and Kelowna and did a full comparison and based on their product, the time they could do it and the price point, they were the easy choice for us.

How much have you invested with Roketto?

I don’t know that. When we originally worked with Roketto, they had the best price point for the website and all throughout the process it didn’t mushroom over budget. We are quite pleased with the money.

We started working together in October 2015. They’re providing ongoing support for all of our website needs. We’re in between campaigns right now. For our company, we do one auction at a time. We don’t have an auction happening right now, so we’re not working with them digitally, but we’re not working with anyone else either. The next time we have an event we’ll be looking at our options for digital ads again and likely continue working with them I would say.

For our last auction event, which was our first one working with them, we had the highest price at an auction than we’ve ever had. We had the most number of bidders, and we had the most number of inquiries. So pretty much across the board for our top metrics. I’m not saying it was them directly, but they were a big part of it, and we had a very successful auction for sure.

How did Roketto perform from a project management standpoint?

They were great. Super easy to work with and very approachable. We can always set up a meeting, and there’s time. They’ll meet us face to face or respond promptly to our emails and needs. It’s been great on that side of things. We mostly just email back and forth. We were working with Asana last year, but we stopped using that internally. It was mostly phone calls and emails and meetings.

What did you find most impressive about Roketto?

I think just that it’s been super easy. I never get the sense that they’re out just for money. Lots of times we ask a question, and it doesn’t show up as half an hour of time. It seems to me that they genuinely care about the success of our company and not trying to get the next dollar out of us. It’s been a pleasure working with them. They do great work.

Are there any areas Roketto could improve?

There’s always areas for improvement on the digital campaigns. What our company does - we’re never going to sit there and say everything was perfect. I think we’re always trying to get more bidders and more inquiries and we’ll continue working to improve our model. We focus on a small client group. We’re continually going to try to improve how we market, and that would be true with any supplier that we work with.

Overall Score - It’s been good personally as well. They’re nice guys to deal with.
    They’ve been good. There hasn’t been anything I can recall where we were way past the deadline or anything. Maybe a day or two here and there.
    I don’t know the ongoing cost, but I know originally when we looked at it, they were just far and away the best option for sure.
    If there’s an issue with bringing what we want to life on the website, they’re very informative in a language that we can understand and will present a couple of options for workaround methods. It’s been great.

WordPress Development for Music Licensing Company

"I felt prioritized and they exceeded my expectations."

Feb. - June 2016

The client needed a new website with e-commerce and search functionality. Roketto developed a WordPress site with several custom plug-ins.

Co-Owner, North Note

The playlist functionality and overall design of the site are frequently praised by customers. Project management, enthusiasm, and thorough research were highlights of the engagement. Roketto is recommended to anyone in need of a complex, custom application.

I’m the co-owner of North Note. Our company provides music and pre-clears music for licensing for TV, film, commercials and small independent jobs. They can come to us, pick a song and license it for use with audiovisual work.

What challenge were you trying to address with Roketto?

Previously we've used Squarespace and other similar platforms and they were fine for presenting our services and music. What we needed to do was create a site that had full e-commerce, filtering, and search functions. It had to present each artist and song in a modern and clean way. It was a real challenge for us to find a website builder who can handle the e-commerce and search side. Even though there were existing plug-ins, they wouldn't do exactly what we needed. That's why we decided to go with this kind of development team.

First, we discussed the budget and the timeline that we wanted as well as what we wanted to achieve. We went back a week later to review the options they put together. Roketto put together a site that works using WordPress as a base. They also developed a few custom plug-ins and included existing plug-ins as well. Each of the music pages was custom designed for us and they did a nice job. Plus, we needed to create options on the music player that didn't exist. The ability to download is a common one so that they can add songs to a playlist. They also custom-made the actual cart process and functionality. We needed to provide a lot of product variance for 10 different online licenses since the client can choose from 3 or 4 versions of each license.

How did you come to work with Roketto?

Originally, I was recommended someone else. But speaking to my partner back in London, he wanted to make sure we were competitive on pricing. That’s why I put a request out to a couple of other developers. I liked the look of Roketto's designs and what they'd done on the home page of their own website. They were 1 of 2 companies I went to. To be honest, when I first went into Roketto, I thought I'd already made my mind up I was going with this first team. What I really liked was that they listened and they weren't particularly pushy with sales. The proposal that they put together was so much better than anyone else and it was a lot more transparent. They described where they were going to spend what and why each piece was needed. The other companies just gave an estimate on an hourly basis, whereas Roketto gave a quote on a project basis.

How much have you invested with Roketto?

We spent under CAD11,000 on their services.

The first part of the project started in February 2016. This version one of the website is definitely completed and was launched on June 7. At the moment, we're focusing on driving sales at North Note but we do foresee another phase of it at the start of next year.

One of their most important contributions was on the client's workflow. They can start with a huge haul of music then narrow it down by collecting favorites and adding to playlists along the way. That is the function that we're getting the best feedback from, definitely. We've also had several people talk about what a great looking and modern site it is compared to our competitors. We've got a couple of competitors that have deep wallets. Particularly in the UK, we're getting a lot of compliments on our site because it's modern and it's designed well. Our competitors’ sites work well in terms of function but don't have an attractive, appealing look. I would say the look of the site and the ability to collect the playlist are the 2 things we're getting a lot of good feedback on.

How did Roketto perform from a project management standpoint?

Roketto did well. They would share what they were doing with me every week. They'd give me proper updates every couple of weeks. I went into their office probably 3 or 4 times towards the end to nail down what needed to be improved and what needed to be finished. Roketto was very good at prioritizing and getting things done within the timeframe. That was the most impressive thing. We used Slack as an instant communication tool. The other app is almost like a whiteboard where we could move different things around in a workflow.

What did you find most impressive about Roketto?

What I really like was that they listened very well. They're young and very enthusiastic. They didn't make any assumptions; they always researched the best solutions. I've been involved in web development projects in the past that just spiraled out of control financially. I think their research and enthusiasm are 2 things that I really was impressed with.

Are there any areas Roketto could improve?

I felt prioritized and they exceeded my expectations. That's the honest truth. I can't really say there was any disappointment there.

Overall Score They've been perfect for us.
    Honestly, for the budget that we had, I wasn't expecting anything near the quality of what we got. I'd seen a project go over $200,000 that didn't achieve anywhere near the same results.
    The deliverables were always spot on. I genuinely felt I was always getting an honest answer. Their design knowledge of WordPress and what can be achieved is fantastic.
    I would refer them to anyone looking for a complicated custom-built app, unless they were building a mobile application. I think 90% of business would be happy with what they can do.