Website Design, eCommerce, & SEO

Beauty meets commerce.

Roja Interactive is a Philadelphia website design and digital marketing firm that specializes in smart, creative, results-based website design solutions and digital marketing campaigns.

We ensure that each website or application we build is not only something beautiful to look at, but focuses on generating increased visitors, conversions, and most importantly, leads or sales.  Our digital marketing campaigns provide measurable results that make a difference to your business.

Whether you need branding & logo design, website design & development, eCommerce development, mobile application design and development, search engine optimization, online advertising, or a complete revamp of your digital marketing plan, we have the solution fits your needs.

Philadelphia, PA

Tony Luke's, Carlino's Market, Radnor Property Group, Dwelling, Bokwa Fitness, Orthodontics Limited, South Philadelphia Orthodontic Associates, Penn Jersey X-Ray, Muscle Gauge Nutrition

WordPress Web Redesign for School Supply Company

“It was nice to work with a firm that demonstrates integrity.”

Aug. 2017 - Apr. 2018

Roja Interactive redesigned a website using WordPress. They utilized an extensive discovery process to create conceptual wireframes. Their team integrated a new frontend while maintaining the site’s backend.

Norristown, Pennsylvania
Peter Weerasingha
CEO, School Support Services

Roja Interactive delivered a polished website with a UI/UX that encourages user engagement. Their contributions helped increase both customer growth and revenue by significant margins. Executive-level involvement facilitates a transparent and comprehensive project. They’re valuable partners.

I’m the CEO of School Support Services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Roja Interactive?

Our website was outdated and difficult for customers to navigate. We needed an experienced design firm to enhance the site’s UI/UX.

Roja Interactive redesigned our website using WordPress. Jason (Founder, Roja Interactive) initiated a discovery process to understand the service we provide, how customers find us, and what persuades them to give us their business. That allowed him to determine what elements were missing from our site.

Once Jason presented his design pitch, we agreed to move forward with his proposed outline. We were satisfied with the site’s backend infrastructure, so he designed the frontend to integrate with existing functionalities. His team understood what we were trying to accomplish and completed the redesign within our expectations.

Jason was our primary point of contact.

How did you come to work with Roja Interactive?

After finding several design firms, we analyzed each company’s body of work, estimated delivery time, geographical location, and pricing structure. Roja Interactive impressed us in each category, so we hired them.

Our involvement with them took place from August 2017–April 2018.

Roja Interactive’s work helped increase customer growth by 9%. Most importantly, our revenue has increased by 13% as a result of their work. Those figures indicate that they accomplished the goal of streamlining our customers’ ability to make purchases online. We’re happy with their overall performance.

How did Roja Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

We met with them face-to-face three times when the project first started. After that, most of the communication was done via phone or email. They were able to grasp the project’s challenges quickly. We met in person once more when the site was ready to launch. They carefully coordinated everything so that the business didn’t experience any adverse effects during the transition.

We’ve had bad experiences with similar vendors in the past, so it was refreshing to work with Roja Interactive. Jason presented options and solutions upfront. It was nice to work with a firm that demonstrates integrity.

I would’ve liked to have access to additional contacts when Jason wasn’t available.

Give Roja Interactive a chance to succeed. We’re definitely glad we did.

The project took a bit longer than we would’ve liked.
    We received excellent value for the money spent.
    They delivered what we asked for without any major issues.
    I’ve already referred them to colleagues.

Magento Web Redesign for Fence Manufacturer

“They provide quality website work for a reasonable price.”

Apr. - Aug. 2017

Roja Interactive redesigned a website after the previous provider charged hidden fees and poorly made the code. They built a Magento website and provided SEO services.

Malvern, Pennsylvania
Owner, Staydog

Responsiveness and excellent project management are key characteristics of Roja’s team. Although they could be more proactive in finding solutions, Roja cares about their clients and is flexible with changing scopes.

I’m the owner of StayDog LLC, a company whose primary business model is invisible fences.

What challenge were you trying to address with Roja Interactive?

We had an outdated e-commerce website that needed to be redesigned to be more user-friendly. I was disappointed with our previous supplier because they charged us lots of hidden fees and wrote the backend so only they could control it. I had to go to them for any changes, and that cost me more money, so I wanted to find a new partner.

Roja did a template of the main website and provided a couple of different versions that we could pick from, which were based on examples that we’d given them. We chose our favorite, made some small changes, and then Roja started building the backend, also making sure we had the correct SSL certificate. We supplied all the data and expectations, and Roja was great at putting it all together in a user-friendly way.

For example, we wanted our shopping cart to have special features like the ability to add sales. They built that along with a coupons page that we could easily change and adapt. They created an admin section where we could see all of the users and track what changes were made and revert to previous versions, if necessary.

They pretty much redesigned, from the ground up, a Magento website for our company. Most of the features are easy for us to edit by ourselves, so we don’t have to run to them every time we need something changed. Roja also works in conjunction with our SEO company.

I initially worked with two people, but now I mainly just work with Jason (founder, Roja Interactive).

How did you come to work with Roja Interactive?

Their former founder used to work for a company we contracted with, and when he formed Roja, he let me know. I met with them, went over a proposal, and compared them to another company we were considering. I liked Roja’s quote and what they offered; plus, they were a smaller company willing to customize what we needed, so we went with them.

We spent a little less than $15,000.

We started in April, and the site launched in August.

One of the biggest changes Roja did was make our site mobile-friendly. It’s opened up access to a lot more users.

How did Roja Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

Jason was on top of his responsibilities. He made sure things progressed and deadlines were met. For example, the credit card for the site expired without me knowing, and when I called him to reactivate the account, he had it up and running within an hour. I know I always have his support when I need it.

They provide quality website work for a reasonable price.

Sometimes, they weren’t proactive in giving advice and finding solutions. I’d bring concerns up, and they’d say whether they could fix them or not, but they sometimes didn’t provide feedback unless asked. Overall, though, we had a great experience.

Have an idea of what features you want so that everyone can start on the same page and manage the project better.

Overall Score Everything was great. I wish they had provided more input, but we had an excellent experience.
    They met all deadlines, and any changes to the schedule were on our end.
    Compared to other companies, they're competitively priced for the work they did.
    They were easy to work with, and they kept track of progress well.
    I already have.

Web Design and SEO for Hospitality Management Firm and Clients

"[Roja Interactive] is very knowledgeable and has a lot of expertise."

Jan. 2014 - Ongoing

Roja Interactive provided web design, SEO, and keyword optimization services for hospitality businesses and a management company. They also provide ongoing social media services, newsletters, and blogs.

11- 50 Employees

Paulsboro, NJ
Mark Ludes
VP of Brand Operations, MBB Management

Backed by Google Analytics, the website and SEO services have improved search ranks for multiple clients. Roja Interactive's expertise and project management stand out: they do not miss deadlines, and they produce results.

I am VP of brand operations for MBB Management. We’re a full-service hospitality management company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Roja Interactive?

Roja mainly does website design and SEO [search engine optimization] for our clients in the hospitality business—restaurants, hotels, bars, etc. The business goal is driving traffic to their website, which will ultimately drive sales.

Jason [Founder, Roja Interactive] hosts and maintains our personal website, mbbmanagement.com. He does MBB’s SEO and keyword optimization. There’s also a little bit of social media as well, writing blogs and newsletters for our website. He also builds, hosts, and maintains websites, along with an SEO program, for half a dozen clients of ours. Those are the main services that we utilize Roja for. He does a great job for us.

He’s got a super creative mind and knows what he’s doing, but certainly, we need to provide him with our content and how we envision the site. He gives every client of mine a list of deliverables he needs. Providing that we give him good content, tips, and information, 90% of the time he can take that and build a website to our client’s liking. It’s certainly interactive between Jason, myself, and the client.

How did you come to work with Roja Interactive?

When I came onboard three years, Jason from Roja was already a partner of ours. I think someone referred him to us, and we started using them approximately five years ago.

How much have you invested with Roja Interactive?

It varies, depending on whether a client wants a basic templated website or a fully customized website with e-commerce and all the bells and whistles associated. It all depends on the client’s budget. Out of the six or seven websites he’s done, only one exceeded $10,000. The other websites averaged about $6,000–$7,000 each, so it’s been under $50,000 total.

It all depends on how quickly the client can get us the content, how quickly they can meet with us as far as their vision, and whether they want a basic templated website or a customized website. It usually takes Jason four to eight weeks to turnaround an approved website.

We have Google Analytics that we review weekly. I have a weekly call with Jason every Wednesday morning at 10 AM to discuss all of our clients. We look at traffic, rankings, and how well the keywords are doing. I’ve got Analytics reporting from beginning to current on our clients. We start out with a company on page 15 of Google, and within 3–4 months they are on the first or second page. Certainly, we have measurable goals that we keep an eye on to make sure Jason’s producing results, and he certainly is. The proof is in the reports.

How did Roja Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

Jason is the owner. He is heavily involved in every single project as well as in the service aspect of his business. Jason and I interact regularly, and he’s very easy to work with. I don’t think he’s missed a deadline. If anything, I’ve missed deadlines that he’s put on me rather than the other way around.

We use Google Drive to share materials back and forth. We don’t use Skype. It’s nice that Jason’s office and my office are about 30 minutes apart from each other, so he’s local. We have face-to-face meetings quite often, where we go and get the clients together.

What did you find most impressive about Roja Interactive?

His expertise is what’s most impressive. He knows what he’s talking about. He’s very knowledgeable and has a lot of expertise.

Are there any areas Roja Interactive could improve?

No. The only one area that I thought he needed to improve on was a couple of years ago. He needed to hire a few more people because he was taking on additional clients not only from us but other people. I was afraid that we were going to outgrow him, but he solved that as soon as he recognized it and hired a few more team members, and we’re still off and running.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Roja Interactive?

Most people that we deal with are family-owned and operated businesses, and they’re not really knowledgeable about website SEO. What I recommend is to be as honest as you need to be with Jason. Tell him that you are an idiot. Tell him that you know nothing about this, and Jason will hold your hand through the entire process. Before you know it, you’ll be an expert. He’s the kind of guy that doesn’t like to keep secrets to himself. He definitely likes to share his knowledge.

Overall Score The reason for my perfect score is because the proof is in the pudding. Can’t say anything less.
    I don’t recall any deadline that Roja Interactive has been 100% responsible for that they had missed unintentionally or that was within their control.
    Roja Interactive has some platforms out there that fit into anyone’s budget if you don’t want to spend a whole lot of money but you want a good quality website. They have tremendous value, which is another thing that is so appealing about them.
    Every piece of work they have produced, the client has been happy with the results alone, away from an SEO standpoint. Every client has said to me they’re satisfied with Roja’s services, and a great way to know that is they continue to pay.
    Roja Interactive is the only company that I refer from a website standpoint.

Web Redesign for Mental Health Therapist

"What they designed for me took my vision to the next level, for it was something that I would never have been able to do."

Jan - Feb 2016

Roja Interactive designed a website from scratch for a mental health private practice. They additionally provided blogging and SEO services.

Philadelphia, Pennslyvania
Lori Kovell
Owner, Cope Better Therapy

The website's beauty and professional look nearly brought the client to tears. The site generated positive feedback and has increased the number of leads and referrals. Roja Interactive was very responsive to messages, and they took the time to understand their client's vision.

My business is Cope Better Therapy, a mental health private practice in Rittenhouse. I’m the owner of that company as well as the therapist.

What challenge were you trying to address with Roja Interactive?

My challenge was getting the name and web presence of my company out there. In doing so, I could generate referrals to my private practice.

Roja Interactive did everything for me. We had a phone conference regarding what my goals were and what I wanted to accomplish by working with a web design company. They asked questions about my style and provided examples of things that they could do based on my personal preference—things that looked good to my eye.

From there, they ran with the project and made me a beautiful website that had everything I needed—from landing pages to the services that I offer. They also set me up for blogging, so that’s helped with my search engine optimization, too. They might be doing marketing I don’t even know about. That’s like a foreign language to me. I really trust their opinion. They’ve helped my business so much.

How did you come to work with Roja Interactive?

I found them through a Google search when looking for a web-based design company in Philadelphia. They had good reviews—five stars with over 18 reviews. That really stood out because it’s rare to see a company that has five stars across the board. I thought I needed to reach out to them and see what they can do for my business.

The price was a concern because, as a newer company, I didn’t have $100,000 to put into a website. I was looking for someone that had competitive rates, but also someone that I knew was accessible. I know some companies tend to do a lot of overseas-based work. In doing so, the people who help build and maintain the websites aren’t available at the times when I might be available. I wanted someone responsive who was also over here in the States and wasn’t farming the work out. Roja Interactive always seemed very responsive. Anytime I emailed a question or called the office, the turnaround time was quick. Roja Interactive was the only company I remember considering. If there were other companies, they quickly fell off my radar.

How much have you invested with Roja Interactive?

I spent $6,000 or $8,000 on their services.

We started in mid-January 2016 and launched in February or March 2016. The website development took five to six weeks at most. It was pretty fast.

I came away really satisfied with my end product. It was something that almost made me want to cry when I looked at it because it looked so beautiful and professional. What they designed for me took my vision to the next level, for it was something that I would never have been able to do. I’ve had people comment on how nice and professional the website looks. Roja Interactive encouraged me to do social media presence during one of my early conferences, so I started a Facebook and Instagram page for my business. Those things have generated leads to the website for the blogs that are there. That has resulted in people reaching out to me with concerns regarding depression, anxiety, or relationship issues. People are calling to see if they can come in and schedule an appointment, or inquiring about what it is that I do at my business. Since my website and the blogs have been up and running, I’ve seen an increase in leads and client referrals.

How did Roja Interactive perform from a project management standpoint?

I found them to be really responsive. If I sent an email, I usually got a response within an hour or two. They always picked up as soon as I called. If I called and they were on break, they called me back right away to say they we were at a meeting or something. They are one of the more responsive companies I’ve had the pleasure to work with.

Everything was within budget. They gave me a price range, and it fell right within that. I’m also pretty sure they kept to the timeline. If there was going to be a delay for a few days, they gave me a heads up and kept me in the loop. If they were anticipating one piece of the website done for me to test but it wasn’t available on time, they wrote me an email saying, “We thought this thing would be done, but we actually need an extra day to work on it. But we’re still going to hit the deadline.” Despite those delays, everything still fell within our projected launch date.

What did you find most impressive about Roja Interactive?

Their responsiveness stood out. When I talked with Jason, who I believe is the owner, I felt like he really took the time to listen to what my vision was and the concerns I had. It was a collaborative approach. I felt like they cared about my project as much as I did. To me, that made a big difference. I didn’t feel like I was a client per se. Instead, I felt like I was a member of their team. When I talked to other companies, I didn’t quite get the sense I was working with a team of people helping me bring my vision to life. Instead, it felt like I was hiring a company to do it and have to be directive in what I wanted. His team just got it from the beginning. There was a natural sync there that stood out for me.

Are there any areas Roja Interactive could improve?

Not to my knowledge. Maybe that’s just me not knowing. I’m happy with everything, so I can’t think of ways they could improve because I’ve had great success with them.

It’s important to have a vision of what one wants because it helps the design company give life to that particular vision. I certainly recommend that people give some forethought into what they want instead of calling cold or being ambivalent about things. Having some level of direction helps give Roja that extra stuff in bringing the vision to life. Then from there, they can walk you through it. It would be helpful to think ahead and have an idea ready.

Overall Score They are very easy to work with. They were collaborative and responsive.
    They hit my deadline. We weren’t delayed at all. They communicated with me every step of the way as far as keeping to the timeline.
    I got a really good value for my website. Other clinicians I’ve talked with have paid much more for their website. I only paid a quarter of what some of them have paid.
    I was really happy and impressed with my end results. Maybe I’m biased, but I also think the quality of my site is better compared with those of other clinicians.
    I would definitely recommend them to a friend because of my experiences.