Web / Database Developer

I do professional freelance programming, I design and develop Microsoft based websites with Microsoft databases for any industry such as Real Estate, Insurance, Law Enforcement, food manufacturing, Credit Services, Recycling, Tax Services, Staffing, Clothing manufacturing, Shipping, Freight, energy, online schools, etc...

Watch your site develop in real time on our web server daily!

ALL WORK DONE IN CALIFORNIA BY ME!!

Some of my database driven websites have been approved by the State of California, Department of Insurance.

With me you get 20 year experience in web and database programming.

Special discounts for larger projects!!!

949-353-4070

**Pay with credit card via PayPal.

Freelancer
2005
Orange County, California,
  • Orange County, California

Affordable Educators, Cyberce.biz, Felbro Foods, The Addressers, Precise Investigative, LA Home Search, Access Finance, BNB Financials, Homequest Realty, Winn Energy, Facts N Figures INC,

Web Portal for Food Manufacturing Firm

“The portal has really improved our productivity and efficiency.”

2013 - 2016

Robert Sherman Programming developed and designed a portal that integrates with Syspro to create a custom display of ERP data.

Brian Seigel
CFO, Felbro Foods

Order processing and on-time deliveries have improved dramatically since Robert Sherman Programming was first engaged. Expertise and responsiveness are hallmarks of his work. His consistent communication and problem solving ability justify the investment and make him a valuable partner.

I'm the CFO of a food manufacturer based in Los Angeles.

What challenge were you trying to address with Robert Sherman Programming?

We use Syspro as our ERP system. We wanted to create better reports to track our orders, and help with customer service and logistics.

We started working with Robert (founder, Robert Sherman Programming) about five years ago. We first did a couple of small projects. They were successful, so then we moved on to some larger projects. He helped us build an online portal that works in conjunction with Syspro. The portal pulls out accounting system data in a user-friendly format. I worked closely with him on the design. I don't know what programming language he used. He’s the expert there, so I let him make that decision. Currently he provides maintenance and support for the portal.

I mainly work with Robert.

How did you come to work with Robert Sherman Programming?

I found him through an online search. I interviewed him over the phone, and decided to give him a shot.

I’ve spent about $100,000.

We started working together in 2012, and the bulk of the work on the portal was completed in 2016. I’m planning to start working with him on some new products soon.

The portal has really improved our productivity and efficiency. We're able to manage our order processing at a much higher level. Our on-time deliveries, in terms of the percentage of products that we get out the door, has improved dramatically since we implemented the portal. We've been successful with everything he's done. It’s really incredible.

How did Robert Sherman Programming perform from a project management standpoint?

Robert uses TeamViewer as a project management tool. He’s very responsive. He gets back to me quickly, usually within hours if not in minutes. There's rarely a time where he can't respond the same day. He’s not just a programmer. He solves problems, and makes recommendations to improve our programs.

I've worked on several projects of this kind in my last few roles as CFO for different companies. His quality is higher than that of other companies. His finished product is cleaner with fewer bugs, which is awesome.

No. Robert knows what he's doing. He’s very reliable and competent.

Evaluate a project like any other business decision. For complicated projects, it’s worth taking the time to document on paper what you want to accomplish. He'll work with you to create a flowchart for your project before he gives you a quote.

He does a fantastic job.
    The costs are very reasonable.

Database Dev for Private Investigation Company

“He's very attentive and always responds within minutes… .”

2013 - 2014

Robert Sherman developed a Microsoft database that allows to store/print reports. The in-house team and customers can access the database through the website and pull the information they need.

Whitter, California
David Ceja
President, Precise Investigative Services

The database is secure and meets all expectations. Knowledgeable and professional, Robert Sherman delivered the product on time and on budget, while his ability to work quickly and the attention he gives to his clients made him a go-to partner.

I'm the president of Precise Investigative Services. We're an investigation company that does professional investigations regarding workers' compensation fraud and insurance fraud.

What challenge were you trying to address with Robert Sherman?

We were looking for someone to help us create a database.

I gave him a description of what our documents needed to look like, how they needed to be printed, and how the information needed to be collected and accumulated in a database. I also explained to him what reports and information we needed to pull from the database–from case numbers to names and addresses. Robert created a Microsoft database for us within a week. He continues to help us with any corrections and adjustments we need to make.

How did you come to work with them?

I found him on Craigslist.

I spent less than $10,000.

I worked with Robert in 2013–2014.

We now have a working database, so our customers can look through the database when they log into our website. The database is secure and functions as expected. If we run into a problem, we call Robert and he fixes it immediately.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

He's very attentive and always responds within minutes (he's available on his cell phone or via email).

I had worked with other IT vendors, but they were slow to get back to me and didn't do exactly what I needed. However, Robert works quickly and efficiently, doing whatever I ask of him.

I can't think of anything.

Be very detailed about what you want him to do and how you want it done.

Overall Score Robert is very knowledgeable.
    If I call him and ask him to make a change, he does it within 30 minutes.
    The price was reasonable.
    He always gets things done right away. We've never had any delay.
    He's very reliable.

Portal Site Creation for Market Research Firm

“He's helped us automate more of our functions, reducing labor costs by at least 30% over the years.”

2009 - Ongoing

Robert designed and developed a custom software program, using .NET and SQL, to integrate client and participant data into one portal. He's in the process of working on additional integrations.

Sherman Oaks, California
Bonnie Ponaman
Vice President - Marketing Research, Facts 'n Figures

Robert continues to deliver high-quality work, consistently making enhancements on each element of the program he's custom built. His quick turnaround times and enthusiasm to deliver the best outcomes sets him apart.

I'm the vice president of a market research company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Robert Sherman Programming?

We needed to build a platform that allowed us to coordinate between client projects and participants in our studies. We'd previously had bad experiences with other programmers, so we were looking for a reliable vendor that could deliver results.

Robert designed and developed a proprietary software program, using .NET and SQL, that allows us to integrate client and participant data into one system. He's in the process of working on the second phase of the platform, which includes the integration of an in-house survey tool.

We work directly with Robert Sherman (Owner, Robert Sherman Programming).

How did you come to work with Robert Sherman Programming?

Our IT staffer conducted the initial research for different vendors. I interviewed a few options and ultimately liked Robert the best.

Our first project involved cleaning up the work a previous programmer completed, which ran about $100,000, and the most recent project was close to $50,000.

We've been working together for about nine years and counting.

Robert consistently delivers results and makes continuous enhancements on each project. He's constantly updating and streamlining our systems and is quick to turn around each task. He's helped us automate more of our functions, reducing labor costs by at least 30% over the years.

Robert is very organized and quick to get tasks done. He's also straightforward and transparent in his communication. We mostly communicate through email, unless the task requires more detail and needs to be discussed over the phone.

Robert oftentimes overdelivers when he sees ways to enhance or improve on a project.

It's hardly a complaint, but I'd say that Robert is very eager and enthusiastic when it comes to making additional changes and updates to things that we aren't always ready to do.

Keep an open mind and make sure to document everything, establishing clear timelines throughout the process.

These types of services are expensive by nature, but Robert offers a good value.

Web Dev for Online Education Platform

“If there’s ever a problem, all I have to do is send an email, and [they’ll] jump right on it.”

2009 - Ongoing

Using a previous vendor’s site as a base, Robert Sherman Programming updated a real estate e-learning platform to comply with state testing regulations. They remain on retainer for site changes and support.

Bullshead City, Arizona
Barry Caudill
Owner, Cyberce.biz

Robert Sherman Programming refreshed the site’s design while meeting strict technical requirements. Prompt and hands-on, they deliver all projects with exceptional speed. They respond to issues quickly and strive to find effective solutions to challenges.

I’m the owner of Cyberce.biz. We’re an approved real estate provider, offering continued online education in multiple states.

What challenge were you trying to address with Robert Sherman Programming?

A programmer designed my original platform years ago but didn’t provide any support or maintenance, so it became outdated. I reached out to Robert (Owner, Robert Sherman Programming) to redesign my site to meet all the state-sanctioned criteria and programming requirements.

Once Robert took over, he needed to figure out how the past vendor designed the site and work from there. Although it’s difficult for programmers to work on sites that they haven’t created themselves, he managed to update the site using MySQL and revamped the visuals.

The new site features a student portal where users can sign in, access state-issued resources, and legally take courses. Robert connected the platform to the Department of California’s database and ensured that it complied with all state-issued programming requirements (e.g., time frames, waiting periods, testing parameters). Currently, he provides ongoing maintenance and support.

I exclusively work with Robert.

How did you come to work with Robert Sherman Programming?

A colleague from an affiliate school worked with Robert to update his website and recommended him. At the time, I was looking for a programmer that knew MySQL and was happy to learn that Robert knew the language. I reached out to him, and it’s been a wonderful experience ever since.

I spend about $6,000 annually for changes and updates.

The engagement started around 2009 and is ongoing.

I can’t speak enough good things about Robert. Some of the programming challenges he’d faced hadn’t been completed by anyone else, but he did a great job of updating the site. Students are now able to take tests and receive certificates.

Furthermore, Robert is attentive and resolves issues quickly. If there’s ever a problem, all I have to do is send an email, and he’ll jump right on it. This is particularly helpful when I’m hosting a 500-person seminar and need prompt tech support.

He works quickly and often delivers projects well ahead of time. In terms of communication, we typically coordinate via email and text.

I appreciate how technically proficient he is. Robert is able to handle any project at hand. If there’s something that he doesn’t know, he’ll usually figure it out rather than just referring me to someone else.

No, nothing comes to mind. For a one-man company, he does a great job.

Be specific about project expectations so that he doesn’t have to make adjustments after the fact. If you leave something out, it can expand the project or cause unforeseen problems.

He typically delivers well ahead of time and has even completed a project in 10 days.
    The cost can be high because Robert knows that there are other expenses in the project. If someone else did it, it would be more.