Quality Video That Delivers Results

We are Rip Media Group, a collection of award-winning storytellers from the Producer’s Guild of America, Writers Guild, Screen Actors Guild and the finest corporations that use our Greenlight Production Process™  to create great stories. From that process, we create your whiteboard animation, character animation and live action video to grow your business.

It’s a passion: we truly love working with our clients, discovering what makes them special and telling that story to the world.

2007
Los Angeles, CA
  • Rip Media Group
    7190 W Sunset Boulevard, Suite 1195
    Los Angeles, CA 90046
    888.899.8910

Accenture, Ben & Jerry's, Black & Decker, Cisco, Comcast, Harvard University, Kaiser Permanente, LexisNexis, just to name a few

Kaiser Permanente approached Rip Media Group looking for a video that would help bring the message of their corporate culture to the One Riverside Group.

The culture of Kaiser Permanente is unique, positive and growing and they wanted to bring that message to the rest of their group in Riverside County.

Rip Media put their most experienced producer on the project, and working with the team at Kaiser, we wrote a script and designed the animation to accomplish this task.  Once the art was created, we brought their vision to life in the animation and polished the story with some subtle but masterful sound design.

The team at Kaiser Permanente Riverside was thrilled by the animated story and execution and immediately went to work spreading the story throughout their organization.

At Rip Media Group, we let our customers know that our goal is greater than simply to make "a video". We strive to make a great video, one with a memorable story that makes a major impact on your intended audience. A great video, however, requires a great team. With a mix of live action and 3D animation, we give you a peek behind the curtain, where our talented creatives work hard to craft an incredible story just for you.

LexisNexis commissioned Rip Media Group to produce a 3D animated video to help launch their "Identity Led Policing" data system a solution aimed at police departments to revolutionize catching criminals by providing agencies with the complete picture needed to successfully identify and prosecute offenders.

This video was premiered at the Lexis Nexis' 2014 exhibition at the International Association of Chief's of Police (IACP) Conference, where Rip Media Group also created custom booth art and t-shirts for the client to help market their incredible product.

Energy Upgrade California tasked Rip Media Group to come up with a new twist on the typical, boring training videos and to make a promo video to recruit contractors into the training program. We used a Mission Impossible theme to make this training series fun and interesting.

This is a short opening video is designed to be shareable guide pointing to this non-profit's web series, "Impatient Science". You can see the full series on this playlist: Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation

This video is a Whiteboard Animation with Personalization for Challenger Sports. We had so much fun with the style of the video and we think that the results speak for itself!

Video Production for CEO Membership Organization

“Above all, their project management and communications skills allowed for an enjoyable collaboration.”

Feb. - May 2017

Rip Media Group produced a two-minute animated promotional video that advertised a business service. This involved developing multiple potential concepts, providing animation, and editing the clips.

1,001 - 10,000 Employees

San Diego, California
Lauren Kalocay
Marketing Manager, Vistage Worldwide

The video garnered widespread praise for its engaging narrative and promotional capabilities. Throughout the engagement, Rip Media Group’s creative aptitude helped them adapt to timeline changes and produce a captivating video.

I’m the marketing manager for a CEO membership organization called Vistage Worldwide. We provide advisors for CEOs who don’t necessarily have an executive board. They get into groups, which helps them make decisions and form conclusions to improve their leadership skills.

What challenge were you trying to address with Rip Media Group?

We wanted to create a promotional video for our organization that showcased the program to both current and prospective members. The video needed to give a brief overview of the program and demonstrate how it worked.

We collaborated with Rip Media Group to develop a two-minute animated promo for our services. They developed the initial concepts, collaborating with us to ensure that the key messages aligned with our brand. Usually, they present four potential concepts for us, but this time they presented six. We picked aspects that we liked to develop an idea that resonated with us. They then produced and edited the video, which mostly featured animation.

We worked with 5–6 people. I specifically worked with their CEO in the initial process and with their project manager.

How did you come to work with Rip Media Group?

We knew the CEO through our own network; he was one of our program members. We sent them an RFP and had a great conversation about the project requirements. Once we reviewed

We spent under $15,000.

We worked with them from February–May 2017.

We’re impressed by how effectively they utilized two minutes to share a compelling narrative arc that also promoted our program. The ROI was amazing. We shared the video through our intranet platforms to our members and displayed it at promotional events for the past year, where other marketers praised its quality and asked who produced it.

How did Rip Media Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Responsive and always available, they went above and beyond to provide us with the initial concepts. During the sales process, they took the time to explain the project outline and our role in the engagement.

Although the project took a little longer than we expected, that was due to our own internal delays. Regardless, they met deadlines and adapted well to any project changes. On a personal note, I enjoyed our relationship with them and missed talking to the team once the project ended.

We appreciated their creativity and adaptability. They didn’t get too attached to some of their ideas and easily adjusted their vision to match our organization’s brand. Above all, their project management and communications skills allowed for an enjoyable collaboration.

I don’t have any complaints.

Overall Score They are great.
    They were always on time. We were the ones missing deadlines.
    Our ROI was tremendous. They delivered a great product within out budget.
    We love the quality of their work. Even after 12 months, we plan to continue using the video.
    I’ve referred them to multiple marketing team members as well as a former colleague.

Video Production for Golfing Simulator

"They delivered everything they had promised. ... I'd definitely recommend them."

Aug. - Sept. 2017

After visiting the site and taking the necessary footage and photos, Rip Media produced a video that could be used for pitching the product to a prospective client.

Santa Ana, California
Director of Strategy, Golfing Simulation Company

Clearly presenting the product and the way it would be used on-site, the video was instrumental in making a successful pitch and signing a contract. Taking charge of the project, Rip Media established a smooth process, while their flexibility and commitment earned them favorable referrals.

I'm the director of strategy at a golfing simulation company. We're creating the next generation golfing experience, so we combine simulators and real-life putting greens to create a seamless game of golf.

What challenge were you trying to address with Rip Media?

We were looking for a company to create a unique video that we could use to pitch our services to a golf course.

We discussed the project over the phone and they immediately sent people to the property where we were doing the project. They assessed the space and took the necessary footage and photos. We gave them control over the creative side and they produced 2–3 options for us to choose from, consistently communicating with us via conference calls. Then, they edited the video and delivered the final product. The video presented a clear picture of what we had to offer to a golf course and what exactly we'd implement in their space.

We worked directly with two members of their team, but there were also some people behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with them?

I found them through a Google search. Their CEO got back to me within minutes and our relationship started from there.

We spent about $30,000.

We started working with them in August 2017 and the project was completed in September 2017.

The video provided our client with a clear idea of what we were offering, so we were able to sign the contract.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They established a smooth process, informing us of all the steps they had to take. They were responsive to our feedback and accommodated us when we asked for more time to review the information (at first, they sent us things for review right before our weekly calls, but we requested that they give us a few hours or days).

We appreciated their customer service. They took charge of the project, so we didn't have to worry about anything.

No. They were perfect.

Overall Score They were amazing.
    They were great at scheduling weekly phone calls and met our deadlines.
    Their cost is a little high, but that's typical for the business they are in.
    They delivered everything they had promised.
    I'd definitely recommend them. They're very easy to work with.

Animated Video for Patient Advocacy Organization

“The volume of site visits has increased dramatically and the video is on the most commonly visited page.”

June - Sept. 2016

Rip Media Group produced a video for an independent patient advocate in the healthcare sphere. They offered options for storyboards, scripts, graphics, narrators, and a comprehensive 12-week timeline.

Agoura Hills, California
Lisa Berry Blackstock
Founder, Soul Sherpa ®

Rip Media Group successfully helped define a web presence and solidified messaging and consumer outreach. They were communicative project managers and provided personalized interaction through weekly Skype meetings.

I’m an independent patient advocate. Through my business, I help people navigate different aspects of healthcare, including insurance benefits, hospitalization, surgery, and related issues. The business of healthcare has changed dramatically since the passage of the Affordable Care Act, and I help people understand the industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Rip Media Group?

I fought through medical expenses related to a misdiagnosis, which lead me to pursue this kind of advocacy. Most people don’t understand the work I do or what a private patient advocate is. Some don’t even know we exist. Because people’s internet attention span is short, I wanted to create a video that could introduce potential clients to my work.

They helped with everything. I explained my goals to them and they gave me two different options to choose from. They provided two storyboards with scripts, graphics, and a choice of narrator. I made some choices and then gave them input during weekly meetings. I discussed content and imagery with the creative project manager and we came up with a comprehensive 12-week timeline.

I was in direct contact with two members of their team, but there were others behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with Rip Media Group?

I went to college with their creative director. She reached out to alumni who were business owners in the Los Angeles area to see if there was anything Rip Media Group could do to help. That’s how the collaboration started.

I spent $8,000 on the project.

We worked together from June to September 2016.

The volume of site visits has increased dramatically and the video is on the most commonly visited page. I’ve accomplished my goal to get the message across to viewers: medical costs are negotiable. I’m also able to advertise an app to users. They were a great investment.

How did Rip Media Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They were excellent project managers. My two main contacts were easy to reach and we communicated regularly. We had weekly meetings to track the project and we all stayed within the same timeframe, with the same expectations.

In a big place like Los Angeles, it’s virtually impossible to meet and build an ongoing relationship. They closed that gap with our weekly Skype meetings, so I could actually see the people I worked with. They personalized our interaction in a city that can be so impersonal.

I don’t have any complaints. The project went very smoothly.

Overall Score We got to know each other well. They kept the project on track and understood exactly what I wanted.
    Everything was on time, and they always updated me in our weekly meetings if there were any delays. I was never in the dark.
    They stated every cost upfront and there were no surprises. They helped me accomplish my goals and were a good investment.
    The quality was very professional and I get a lot of positive comments on their work.
    They are professional and reliable.

Video Production for SaaS Customer Service Company

“We weren’t their only client, but it seemed like we were.”

Dec 2017 - Feb. 2018

Rip Media Group produced a promotional video that merged animation with product screenshots and images. The team collaborated on storyboarding and scripting.

Chris Hovanessian
CEO, Whistle Messaging, Inc.

Lauded by internal stakeholders, the video comprehensibly explained the advertised platform. As a result, the better addressed targeted markets and eliminated extraneous email exchange. Rip Media Group’s professionalism and transparency fostered a productive collaboration.

I’m the co-founder and CEO of Whistle Messaging. We’re a SaaS customer service platform that enables hotels to engage with their guests in real time via SMS and mobile messaging apps.

What challenge were you trying to address with Rip Media Group?

We’ve always had a disconnect with potential customers because we couldn’t convey what we did. We wanted a promotional video that comprehensibly explained our organization’s product and mission.

They produced a promotional video for us that concisely conveyed our company’s product and mission. They provided us with a questionnaire to better understand our needs and how we wanted to shape the script. From there, they developed storyboards and script over multiple sessions before creating mockups. The video itself merged animation with screenshots from our messaging platform.

How did you come to work with Rip Media Group?

We considered numerous vendors, however, many exceeded our budget range. A friend referred us to Rip Media Group. We found that they were a perfect balance between quality and price.

We prefer not to reveal the project costs.

The project lasted between December 2017–February 2018.

The video received praise from our internal stakeholders and immediate network. Rip Market visually conveyed the pain points that we solved and captured our core values. As a result, the video has been a useful tool for our sales team to explain our platform to our target market. It has eliminated extraneous exchanges with potential clients.

How did Rip Media perform from a project management standpoint?

We valued their organization and willingness to collaborate. Regular conference calls facilitated real-time feedback between both teams. We could comment directly on the mockups as a living document. Professional collaborators, they consistently shared updates to maintain transparency.

Beyond their professionalism and high-quality work, we appreciated their customer-centric approach to providing care. We weren’t their only client, but it seemed like we were.

Nothing comes to mind.

Overall Score We have nothing but positive things to say about them.
    They scheduled the entire process before the project and respected deadlines.
    They are immensely cost-effective for the caliber of their work.
    They surpassed our expectations, providing fantastic work.
    We’ve already introduced them to a few people.

Video Production for Mentorship Program

“We all felt like a family by the end.”

Sept. 2014 - Oct. 2014

Rip Media Group conceptualized, scripted, and produced a promotional video. They merged live-action testimonials with animation in post-production.

Jill Bauman
President & CEO, Imagine LA

The video was well-received both internally and externally. Rip Media Group’s organization and collaborative efforts fostered an efficient work environment. They delivered the project on-time and within budget.

I am the founder and president of Imagine LA. We empower families as they exit homelessness by providing a mentorship program as well as social and financial wellness services.

What challenge were you trying to address with Rip Media Group?

We needed a promotional video that was consistent with our values without being dated. To achieve this, we wanted an innovative way to covey our mission using innovative storytelling.

They conceptualized a storyboard for our promotional video that combined both storytelling and animation to engage the viewer. They also provided production resources to film and edit the video. Testimonials from our families merged with animation to reflect our organization’s human component.

Three people conceptualized and storyboarded the video. On shooting day, there was a production team of 10 people, including a makeup artist, sound technicians, and cameramen.

How did you come to work with Rip Media Group?

We researched and interviewed a few companies before hiring them. Unlike other companies, Rip Media Group understood what we were trying to do right away.

We’ve spent $10,000.

Our project lasted from September–October 2014.

It was an incredibly well-organized and efficient effort; the whole project was on time and within budget. They were prepared to shoot the whole video in under six hours, and they ensured that our families felt comfortable being on camera. We all felt like a family by the end, which reflected our organization’s values.

In terms of the editing process, Rip Media Group strove to listen to our opinions and incorporate our ideas. As a result, the video was collaborative. They never dismissed our ideas nor strong-armed us into something we didn’t want.

How did Rip Media Group perform from a project management standpoint?

As we’ve mentioned, the project was on time and within budget. They collaborated closely with us throughout the entire process and accommodated our ideas. It was a good process.

We appreciated that they took the time to understand us, which allowed them to be innovative but consistent with our organization’s tone. They were good, active listeners, which fostered a collaborative environment. The quality of the work was absolutely first rate.

None that I can think of. I would use them again.

We’ve referred them to more people than anyone we know.

Video Production for Wireless Company

“They're very talented—the final products they delivered were spot on.”

Apr. - Oct. 2017

Rip Media created an animated product explainer video and a live-action video, using stock and custom shot content. They also provided storyboarding and creative input from start to finish.

Irvine, California
Senior Directo Marketing, Telecommunications Company

Rip Media's final edited videos are invaluable marketing tools at trade shows and events. Their talented team intuitively delivered products that exceeded expectations. Accommodating, organized, and receptive to client needs, working with them was seamless.

I'm the senior director of marketing for a communications equipment company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Rip Media Group?

We wanted to create two videos: an explainer and live-action video.

Rip Media created an animated product explainer video as well as a live-action video, using a combination of stock and custom shot content. They helped with storyboarding and scripting for both pieces and included text callouts as needed.

I worked with three to five people in total, including a project manager, a production manager, and a creative director.

How did you come to work with Rip Media Group?

We'd worked with them in the past, so they were on a list of companies that we approved of and I decided to work with them again. During initial conversations with their team for this project, it was clear that they understood what we needed and could deliver it in a short timeframe.

We started working on the first video in April 2017 and the second took place from September to October of that year.

Any delays were usually on our end.
    Most high-quality video services aren't cheap, but Rip Media's work is worth the investment.

Video Production for Telecommunications Company

“They bring a global level of creativity beyond what we’ve seen at other advertising or communications agencies.”

Mar. 2015 - Nov. 2016

RIP Media Group produces videos for a large telecom company on a contract basis. They field both open-ended and highly detailed briefs that cover challenging topics.

10,001 + Employees

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Executive Producer Corporate Communication, Telecommunications Company

Executive and employee feedback on their work is positive, while the audience for each project is in the tens of thousands. They make the process easy for stakeholders and base their process on creativity and communication.

I lead a video production team and focus on internal communication and employee engagement at a large telecommunications company.

What challenge were you trying to address with RIP Media Group?

We required particular production talent to deliver a video with motion graphics. We wanted to tell a difficult story and needed a team to help.

We’ve worked with them on a few projects now. They are a full-service production company that does more than just motion graphics. They bring a global level of creativity beyond what we’ve seen at other advertising or communications agencies. We provided them a very basic brief for one project and encouraged them to be as creative project. In another instance, we presented a more specific brief. In both situations, they exceeded our expectations.

We had about six people on each project, not including the people behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with RIP Media Group?

We did a web search for the first project and found them on ProductionHUB. Three production companies submitted bids, but we were most impressed by the research they did on our company. They had a professional approach and did their homework.

We’ve spent about $150,000.

We engaged them for three or four projects. We brought them on first in March and April 2015 and again in November 2016. Even when we’re not working on a specific project, we can still collaborate. I can ask questions or bounce ideas off of them outside of contracts with the understanding that we’ll probably work together officially on future projects.

Most of their work is either very targeted or part of a larger context. That makes it hard to isolate quantitative results. We always get great feedback from our executive and employee audience. The potential number of viewers is in the tens of thousands.

How did RIP Media Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They are on top of the process. They’ve developed a really user-friendly application for communicating throughout the production process. A lot of our stakeholders are not well-versed in media, but the application makes their ability to give feedback easy.

Their desire to create a relationship built on creative production and communication was great. They’re ultimately looking to monetize through projects or contracts, but they realize that there are greater gains to be made through sharing ideas.

A lot of large corporations expect face-to-face meetings. We worked with them through an entire project and never met in person until the project was finished. It worked out fine, but it would be better to make meeting early on a priority.

Overall Score They’re fun to work with. It’s great to collaborate with a company that so obviously enjoys what they do.
    It’s hard to put a dollar value on a creative process. Their prices are fair.
    They deliver a quality product on time and on budget.