Helping your business succeed so the world wins.

R&G is a full service brand, marketing and communications consultancy working exclusively with companies solving global sustainability.

We specialize in commercialization, helping our clients bring new products or services to market, pivot toward new revenue opportunities, and leverage creative strategy to diversify and scale.

We propel your growth with brand and marketing solutions tailor-made for sustainable businesses. R&G builds brands for businesses building a better world through clean energy, ocean and biotech, agriscience and applied innovation.

We help your business succeed so the whole world wins.

Halifax (NS), Canada
  • 5557 Cunard Street
    Halifax (NS), NS B3K 1C5

Efficiency Canada, Clean Foundation, Common Good Solutions, TD Bank, Alus Canada, Tarkett, Polaron Solartech, Sustane Tech, Eosense, Green Living Show, SolarAssist, NSCC, Nova Scotia Innovation Hub, Mara Renewables, Galaxy Lithium, Concordia University, Obie's Worms, Oberland Agriscience, Efficiency Nova Scotia, gubgub Foods

Before & After Website Redesign for Clean Foundation Image

Before & After Website Redesign for Clean Foundation

The project began with a collaborative discovery process that took all the internal stakeholders into account. We then created a new user experience to improve navigation and were able to reduce the total number of pages from 115 to 28 while maintaining all the core content.The final result is an experience that tells the Clean Foundation story more dynamically and simplified complexity without compromise.
Animated Illustration for New Acre Project Image

Animated Illustration for New Acre Project

We began with a discovery session to establish a foundational understanding of ALUS’s vision and corporate strategy. Our Creative and Strategy teams then collaborated to deliver a collection of animated infographics to aid ALUS in presenting their story and opportunities to investors.
EV Assist Website Design and Development Image

EV Assist Website Design and Development

The process began with extensive research to identify the most compelling and accurate information about EVs relevant to all kinds of Nova Scotian audiences. The final result is a dynamic and informative experience that playfully addresses common misconceptions about EVs and builds excitement for an emerging technology that is more accessible than ever.
Branding and Illustration for Sustane Tech Image

Branding and Illustration for Sustane Tech

We began with an extensive discovery process to fully understand the technology and value Sustane was providing to communities in order to package it a way their target audiences could easily understand. The refreshed brand and website leverages clean design, illustrative animations and intuitive navigation to create an accessible experience that solidifies Sustane’s national leadership within the cleantech industry.
Website Design for Sustane Tech Image

Website Design for Sustane Tech

Efficiency Canada Rebrand Image

Efficiency Canada Rebrand

We began with a comprehensive discovery process, which helped us gain an accurate understanding of their organization and informed how to tailor our approach to ensure success for the project and in our relationship with Efficiency Canada. We developed a brand highlighting both their national and global leadership, establishing a look and feel that strengthens their efforts with both internal and external stakeholders.
Brand and Stationary Design for Efficiency Canada Image

Brand and Stationary Design for Efficiency Canada

Polaron Solartech Image

Polaron Solartech

To differentiate Polaron in the competitive solar industry and appeal to its target market, we designed a welcoming, yet progressive, visual identity. This approach helped the brand stand out from the colder and more conservative identities common within the solar provider landscape.
Market Research for Obie's Worms Image

Market Research for Obie's Worms

The Obie’s team needed to hone in on the largest and most lucrative market opportunity for their product. R&G Straetgic reviewed and assessed Obie’s market hypotheses through primary and secondary market research presenting and decided on targeting people with cold-blooded pets. The team leveraged these market insights to develop a unique and playful-yet-modern consumer brand, and created a fun and effective ecomms

touchpoint aimed at reptile and amphibian pet owners to help the Obie’s team pursue this audience.
Brand Identity for Oberland Image

Brand Identity for Oberland

Oberland uses advanced, patented microbial processes to reclaim organic waste and repurpose it to fuel industrial farming of animal feed. They were in search of a brand to rally around as they took to close the carbon loop. R&G Strategic built a knowledge base and presented a naming strategy to the team. Oberland loosely translates to ‘upper land’, which means an aspirational green place worth getting to. The strong mark

signals Oberland’s forward-thinking and underpins its agriscience focus.
Market Research for gubgub packaging Image

Market Research for gubgub packaging

gubgub had established a name, a vision and were midway through development of their first product. To finally become shelf-ready, they needed to profile their target consumer, build out their brand, and leverage audience understanding with a go-to-market plan. R&G Strategic provided these services on time and on budget.

gubgub Image

gubgub

Oberland Branding Image

Oberland Branding

Oberland  Image

Oberland

Mara Renewables Website Image

Mara Renewables Website

Mara aims to reduce dependence on finite resources like fish oil by evolving marine microalgae to develop renewable biotech products for a cleaner, healthier future.

Mara Renewables Trade Show Booth Image

Obie's Worms Shipping Package

Web Dev, Design, & Brand Identity for Social Enterprise

"They’ve been stellar."

Apr. 2020 - Ongoing

R&G Strategic provides ongoing brand positioning strategy services to a social enterprise. They also did website design.

Nova Scotia, Canada
David Upton
CEO, Common Good Solutions

Feedback from staff has been positive. The R&G Strategic team regularly delivers their work on time and is clear in their communication. Their forthright approach has helped the client save time and keep the process moving forward.

I’m the CEO of a social enterprise. We help other organizations create social, cultural, and environmental value, and improve quality of life.

What challenge were you trying to address with R&G Strategic?

We have three brands within our organization. We hired R&G Strategic to help us uniquely position each of those brands. They’re also helping provide clarity around the purpose of each brand so customers understand what they do.

They worked with us to distinguish who our target audience is for each brand. They’re helping us stay straight on what we’re doing, especially as we transition to a more remote environment. They also did some website design for us. We just launched a newly renovated WordPress website.

I worked with two people: Liz (Creative Director) and Sarah (Director of Strategy).

How did you come to work with R&G Strategic?

We have a shared workspace. In addition, some of the work they do involved the notion of a circular economy, which is the same kind of economy that interests us, so we got to know them through that.

We started working together in April 2020, and our work is ongoing.

The feedback from my staff has been positive.

How did R&G Strategic perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been stellar. They always meet deadlines. Their communication is strong. I think they’ve occasionally been disappointed in our in-house team for not meeting deadlines.

They’re very direct and forthright. I appreciate that they save me a lot of time by being unequivocal about what they think.

I think it’s too early to say. We’re quite satisfied with what we’ve gotten so far. They’re professional and timely.

Be ready to invest time and work into the project on your side. I didn’t anticipate that I was going to have to invest as much time as I have.

They were great.

Website Rebuild for Bioeconomic Nonprofit

"We always felt like we were in good hands."

Feb. - Jun. 2020

Seeking to update their aging website, a nonprofit organization hired R&G Strategic. The team built an interactive tool, consulted on design, and made customizations to a WordPress template.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Program Manager, Nonprofit

Though the website hasn’t formally launched yet, feedback from internal stakeholders and organization partners has been positive. Along the way, R&G Strategic was collaborative, responsive, and reliable.

I’m a program manager at a nonprofit organization. We work to advance our local bioeconomy.

What challenge were you trying to address with R&G Strategic?

Our website was a number of years old, and it needed a good refresh.

R&G Strategic built us a brand new website. We used some of the content from the old one, but the site itself was completely rebuilt. They used a WordPress template, customizing it for our needs and creating a visual, interactive tool to help users understand our mission. The team provided creative input throughout the project, letting us know which layouts were the best for the direction we wanted to go in.

I worked with three people from the team: Sarah R. (Co-Founder & Directory of Strategy), Sarah H. (Creative Director), and Andrew (Designer).

How did you come to work with R&G Strategic?

We received a number of proposals from other firms. We chose R&G Strategic based on a combination of cost and positive references from our contacts.

The project took place from February–June 2020. We just had our wrap-up session earlier this week, where they guided us through a tutorial on how to maintain and update the site on our own.

We haven’t done a formal launch yet, so we don’t have any feedback from the general public. However, our board members and other partners are really impressed with R&G Strategic’s work. The new site is a significant upgrade from the old one.

How did R&G Strategic perform from a project management standpoint?

They handled the project very well. There were some points when they needed content from us, but for the most part, they managed everything themselves. To stay in touch, we used a combination of emails and web conferences.

We always felt like we were in good hands. The team was always willing to give input, and we felt they had our best interests in mind. We felt like we were being guided in a direction would result in a better website.

There were times when I wasn’t always exactly clear on where we were in the process. That being said, they were always very responsive if I called and asked, but we would’ve appreciated a roadmap to refer to.

They’re experts in building websites, not in the content of your business. To have the most success, make sure you’re clear about the message you’re trying to get across, because it will help R&G Strategic deliver it.

Brand Creation for Regulatory & Gov. Affairs Consulting

"They helped draw out what I wanted my story to be. I now have a modern, clean website that I can use for many years."

Jan. - Jun. 2020

R&G Strategic provided website design and brand design. Part of their scope involved creating collateral like letterheads and cards.

Toronto, Canada
Utilia Amaral
CEO & Founder, MarketStep

Internal stakeholders praise R&G Strategic for their investment, taking the time upfront to internalize design preferences and identity goals. Their ability to drive progress without being overbearing stands out. Proactive communication and extensive experience make them a valuable partner.

I’m the CEO and founder of Market Step. We focus on regulatory and government affairs in various sectors, but we primarily focus on the energy space. Specifically, it’s the sustainable energy realm.

What challenge were you trying to address with R&G Strategic?

I’ve been operating for four years in a loose, ad-hoc way. There isn’t any real structure or brand and I came to a crossroads of getting serious or finding another path. I decided to get serious about developing my company and brand so I could reach the next phase of growth. I connected to R&G based on another initiative I worked on and I thought they did great work so I reached out to see if they could help me get sorted out.

They needed to help me create a look and feel that would translate into a website. From there, all the bits and pieces were up to them as well: letterheads, cards, all the identity pieces.

Sarah (Director of Strategy) was my main point of contact.

We’ve spent roughly $5,000 with them.

We worked together from January until June 2020.

They took me from nowhere in terms of brand identity to somewhere, and that’s not something I would have been able to do myself. I found that the creativity with the identity and the time they took to understand my perspective and my goals were fabulous. They always came to me with various options of what they wanted to incorporate, and most of them were spot on. The whole project was pretty straightforward. They also moved in an expedited, efficient manner toward decisions.

How did R&G Strategic perform from a project management standpoint?

They came to our meetings very well prepared and followed-up well, not it a nagging, obtrusive way. We were consistently moving the project forward thanks to them. They were just very pleasant and professional to deal with. Even when things came up they were focused on moving forward.

Their ability to get to know me and tease out the key elements that were going to be important for my brand stood out. Taking time at the frontend to do that made the rest of the project easier ot get through. If you’re in this business and blending art and technology and you don’t have much knowledge, then it will be important to listen to them. They helped draw out what I wanted my story to be. I now have a modern, clean website that I can use for many years.

Nothing really stands out. I think they did really well.

With any design group, you have to understand what the scope will be.

Web Development for Energy Research Laboratory

“Their team met targets in terms of getting the website done on time. They were very organized and did a great job.”

Mar. 2020 - Ongoing

R&G Strategic handles web development services for a research laboratory. In efforts to collect data for research and potential economic opportunities, their team built a website and custom data dashboard.

Halifax, Canada
Research Associate, Nova Scotia Community College

Upon launch, the website will have successfully produced the intended deliverables in a clean fashion. The R&G Strategic team holds weekly meetings to report on project updates and maintains regular communication. Organization and patience are hallmarks of their work.

I’m a research associate for the Applied Energy Research Laboratory at Nova Scotia Community College. I have a background in engineering and do project management for the lab.

What challenge were you trying to address with R&G Strategic?

We’re working on a project to set up a database of solar photovoltaic electricity production across the province. The goals of the project are to collect data for research, education, and potential economic opportunities.

On the research side of things and in terms of collecting the data, we have enough expertise within the lab to handle coordination and execution. However, we don’t have a lot of expertise in website building or marketing. Our team figured they’d do a better job than us at creating a public-facing educational website around solar.

R&G Strategic built the entire website. At the beginning of the engagement, we brought all the stakeholders of the project together and coordinated a meeting. During this, we all sat and visualized what we wanted to see on the website. After coming up with some good ideas, R&G Strategic went through the process of building the website for us.

Throughout the engagement, we met on a weekly basis. Their team started with basic conceptual designs and got them approved by us. The project has progressed, and we currently have a basically finished product. Everything is done on their end, we just need to tweak some of the data that we’re feeding to the website before we launch it.

R&G Strategic also developed a data dashboard. We’re feeding them the data from our database to then post on the website.

Our main point of contact is Liz (Creative Director). Although we did work with Riley (Director of Strategy) a little at the beginning.

How did you come to work with R&G Strategic?

We brought R&G Strategic on because they had done a similar project in the solar space for another organization in Halifax. They also worked with the principal investigator of our lab on another project. Their team came well-recommended.

We’ve invested $10,000 CAD (approximately $7,000 USD).

Our ongoing engagement started in March 2020, although the work is mostly finished.

The final product will have successfully produced all the deliverables we set out to produce but in a much cleaner fashion. We haven’t launched it so we haven’t seen the impact yet. However, having a mockup of the website has allowed us to get additional data because we shared it with different installers that are sharing data with us.

To date, that’s about it on the metrics we've seen. Hopefully, in a year or two from now, we’ll be able to say the site has reached a certain number of people and helped boost the solar industry in Nova Scotia.

How did R&G Strategic perform from a project management standpoint?

R&G Strategic has done a really nice job with project management. They set us up on Slack, and we have weekly meetings. Their team met targets in terms of getting the website done on time. They were very organized and did a great job. We met in person twice before the pandemic hit. Since then, we mostly communicate through Slack and video conferences where they show their work and walk us through what they’ve done.

They were very patient with us because we were still ironing out our vision and details at the same time as project execution. R&G Strategic worked with us to figure those things out and made some tweaks depending on what we decided to change as the design progressed.

No, I can’t think of anything. They’ve done a great job.

Try to figure out as much as you can before the engagement. However, R&G Strategic is great because they’ll help you walk through things if you don’t. They help you figure out what you need by bringing all the stakeholders together and doing a big brainstorming session at the beginning of the project.

It’d be useful to ask them if you need to do anything different for your website. If they’re doing site construction and you need interactive elements, talk to them about what their capacity is for that or if it’d be an additional cost.

Environmental Scan of Stakeholders for Nonprofit

"She was great at getting people and making sure all the questions were covered and the information recorded."

Nov. 2019 - Mar. 2020

R&G Strategic ran a stakeholder listening and research campaign, identifying and interviewing key figures and compiling key themes. They provided. notes of each interview and distilled recommendations.

11- 50 Employees

Halifax, Canada
VP Comms. & Stakeholder Relations, Environmental Nonprofit

The client praises R&G Strategic for their interviewing skill and fast turnaround of consolidated data. Their ability to deliver on requested tasks and initial goals is notable, as are their interviewing skills. Customers can expect a well-connected partner with extensive consulting experience.

I’m the VP of an environmental nonprofit. We help companies get products and technologies to market. Specifically, we aid in commercialization challenges they’re facing through funding programs, introductions to experts, and our own advice and guidance.

What challenge were you trying to address with R&G Strategic?

We were looking at the very early burgeoning insect protein industry. We’ve been working with a couple of companies that have been raising insects for human or animal consumption, as well as companies creating products like protein powders or bars from the insects.

We saw a gap in resources and communication in those companies and wanted to see what else we could be doing. We wanted to get a better handle on where the producers were at a stage level, and what they really needed. Basically, we wanted to do an environmental scan and have a roundtable discussion with those key stakeholders.

I tried to work as closely as possible with them since we haven’t done this before and I wanted to think through the stages properly. We brainstormed together the kinds of people we thought we should be talking to, and then we put together a list of the stakeholders within those different groups. Then, we developed questions to steer those conversations and ensure we got consistent information from each of the different stakeholders.

Then, we conducted the interviews. We did a lot of it collaboratively, but it was their job to do the implementation. The results were recorded. Most importantly, they consolidated those results into the key findings: what were the consistent themes they heard that could help us understand what the challenge and opportunities are in this industry. They also articulated the potential next steps we should take.

I worked with one person directly, Sarah (Co-Founder, R&G Strategic).

How did you come to work with R&G Strategic?

It was kind of serendipitous. I found that Sarah was very interested in the insect protein space, and, in fact, she has a company that does insect products. She was quite familiar with the space and had the subject matter expertise and connections in the area. She also had the consulting expertise. She may have reached out to me initially as well.

We spent $5,400 CAD ($3,800 USD) with them.

We worked with them from November 2019 until March 2020.

We just got the findings together and presented them to our stakeholder group. We had good solid information to go to that community with. It helps us look like we’ve done our homework and are listening to the community. That’s important; we need it to gain some trust and get people to realize we’re serious about trying to help them. Being able to lay that groundwork is really important. We had a great range of stakeholders at the meeting, and part of that is because Sarah reached out and asked those people to come. Her personal connections were very valuable. We have to refine and prioritize our recommendations next, but we have a solid start on them.

How did R&G Strategic perform from a project management standpoint?

I always feel like I have to chase consultants, and I did feel that a few times with Sarah, but the work was done exceptionally well. It was normal.

I listened in on several of the interviews Sarah did, and she was great at getting people and making sure all the questions were covered and the information recorded. I watched her record what she was hearing, and I was stunned at how good she was. She had the gist of the conversation ready as soon as the interview was over. It was remarkable to me. She was essentially scribing and transcribing. I’m a former journalist, and I was blown away.

Now, we have the key themes and recommendations but I can go back to individual organizations and check small tidbits that one stakeholder said. Her real-time transcription also saved me money on hiring a transcriber to do them after the interview.

Additionally, she didn’t have very much time to go through those notes and pick out the key themes, but she organized them in a really well-done way.

I’m super busy, so I wanted someone I didn’t have to worry about. I would have liked it if she was a bit more proactive in responding to my emails. It might be three weeks before I’d hear from her if I didn’t respond right away. At that point, I’d be chasing her.

It works for us because I was clear with her at the beginning about what we wanted to do. I was specific about the questions I wanted and certain things along the way so she couldn’t make mistakes. I’ve learned from working with other consultants that you have to make clear at the beginning the things that are important to you. This isn’t a reflection on Sarah’s part.

Sustainability Marketing for Artificial Turf Company

"Their expertise in sustainability was excellent and we trusted their perspective."

Dec. 2019 - Jan. 2020

R&G Strategic helped market their sustainability program and created a landing page. They participated in producing copy and refining the final product.

Blainville, Quebec, Canada
Iannick Di Sanza
Marketing Manager, Field Turf

Though not released to the public yet, the entire internal team is impressed with the quality work R&G Strategic helped create. They were able to take the lead on several aspects based on clear instructions, making them an efficient, skilled partner.

I’m the marketing manager for Field Turf. We’re a leader in manufacturing and installing artificial turf for every type of sport worldwide.

What challenge were you trying to address with R&G Strategic?

We felt that there was a growing conversation happening in our industry about sustainability, and we wanted to have a dedicated program speaking to that. We’re not experts, so we hired R&G Strategic to help guide us and make sure we’re creating a good narrative.

Together, we came up with a program and narrative to explain our sustainability efforts and highlight a variety of green initiatives we’ve taken. They helped us come up with the right copy, refining our word choice and polishing the final product. Their team also helped create a landing page, which they turned into a PDF so we can share it and display our sustainability program.

Sarah (Creative Director, R&G Strategic) and Sarah (Director of Strategy, R&G Strategic) are my main points of contact.

How did you come to work with R&G Strategic?

We wanted a marketing agency that specializes in sustainability. We researched a few firms, interviewed some, and felt R&G Strategic was the right fit. We liked the work they had published on their website and their price point was right within our budget. Their team is also close by, so we knew we could have in-person meetings with them. They felt like a natural fit.

We spent between $10,000–$15,000.

We worked together from December 2019–January 2020.

The end product was tremendous. We’re preparing to launch it now, but everyone internally has been really impressed with the work.

How did R&G Strategic perform from a project management standpoint?

I thought they were great and a bit different than other companies. We operate at a high pace and they were able to keep up. We mostly communicated through weekly phone calls and emails and shared files. We gave clear instructions and they were able to take those and deliver without us holding their hands.

Their expertise in sustainability was excellent and we trusted their perspective. Their recommendations were excellent. Throughout the process, they were really able to guide us. They delivered on the expertise we were expecting. They were also quick and produced good work.

The whole process was quite positive. Whenever we did have a comment, they addressed it quickly.

Everyone is unique, but setting clear expectations will help you get what you’re looking for.

Branding & Logo Design for Women in Clean Energy Nonprofit

“They were patient, fabulous partners, and we always knew what to expect.”

Sep.- Nov. 2019

R&G Strategic created a logo and other branding assets for a clean energy nonprofit. They built a mood board to help capture the look and feel and the brand voice within the deliverables.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Megan Bennett
Director of Communications, StepUp

The project was completed very quickly, and R&G Strategic delivered everything within a few months. Their process was collaborative, and their executives were highly involved throughout. Their energy was good, and they were an enjoyable team to work with.

We are a new nonprofit organization. Our mission is to assist energy management organizations to attract and advance mid-career women to executive positions. We want to put gender equality at the heart of the global transition to a clean energy future. I'm director of communications and a founding board member.

What challenge were you trying to address with R&G Strategic?

We needed brand assets as we got started. Those included a logo, a website, and other collateral to help us present the organization in a professional way.

They created our logo and helped establish our branding. They provided a great proposal, and their process was very thorough. We come from different backgrounds and perspectives, and we appreciated their guidance. They built a mood board to get a sense of the tone and look that we wanted. We made a few changes, but they were very efficient.

Our main points of contact were their two founders.

How did you come to work with R&G Strategic?

They were recommended by another company we trusted. We were attracted by their alignment to our mission and objectives. They're a women-led and founded organization, and we were keen to collaborate with them.

The value of the project was about $3,500.

We started working together in September 2019, and they delivered everything by November 2019. The process was very quick.

The process was very collaborative, and we got a product we were really happy with. We just received all the deliverables, so we don't have any metrics yet. They gave us great options, and they were very involved throughout the project.

How did R&G Strategic perform from a project management standpoint?

We had multiple video conferences with them, and they delivered everything on time. They made time to meet with us, and they worked hard to deliver what we wanted. They were patient, fabulous partners, and we always knew what to expect. They were great with timelines, and they really listened to us. Their energy was great, and they were fun to work with.

Their commitment to our goals was excellent. The whole leadership team participated in the project, and they brought a very professional marketing process to their work.

They met all our needs, and I don't have anything they could improve.

Be open to their process and their stewardship of the creative process.

Branding, Logo, & Design for Smart Materials & Photonics Company

“Everyone who is working on this product, including our engineers, likes the look and vibe of the logo.”

Dec. 2018 - Mar. 2019

Helping bring a new brand to life, R&G Strategic created a logo and designed collateral, banners, and brochures. They also helped choose the color palette and developed brand guidelines.

Dartmouth, Canada
Kaitlin Fralic
Marketing & Communications Specialist, Metamaterial Technologies Inc.

Both the in-house team and the partners are impressed with the outcome. R&G Strategic went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their expertise and professionalism helped them set the project up for success.

I'm a marketing and communications specialist at Metamaterial Technologies Inc.

What challenge were you trying to address with R&G Strategic?

We designed an eyewear and we wanted to create a brand for it. Our marketing team was very small, so we needed a vendor to help us with branding.

First, R&G Strategic designed a unique logo for us. They worked closely with our in-house team and came up with different variations until we found the one that best represented our brand. Then, they helped us choose colors, developed brand guidelines, and created collateral and pull-up banners that we could use to advertise our product at trade shows. They dug deep into what our competitors were using in order to help us find a way to stand out. They also put together brochures and pamphlets and helped us with content creation.

We mostly worked with two people from their team—one was in charge of the graphic design and another one was responsible for the research.

How did you come to work with R&G Strategic?

I saw the work they had done for other companies and was impressed. They had experience with both big brands and start-ups, including other companies in our industry, so we decided they'd be a great fit.

We spent about $10,000–$12,000.

We started working with them in December 2018, and the project was completed in March 2019.

We received very positive feedback from our internal team. Everyone who is working on this product, including our engineers, likes the look and vibe of the logo. Our partners are also very pleased with the outcome.

How did R&G Strategic perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very professional and organized. They met every single deadline, some of which were a little tight. We used a Slack channel, email, and phone to communicate.

Everything that I've already mentioned makes them a great partner.

No, they're amazing at what they do and I hope they'll continue to grow.

UX/UI, Web, & App Design for University Research Group

"…despite being a small client with a limited budget, we still receive close attention from their leadership."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

R&G Strategic designed the UI/UX for a platform. They created three full-page designs, wireframes mapping the user flow, and branding materials such as a logo, color palette, and icons. The project is ongoing.

5,001-10,000 Employees

Montreal, Canada
Alex MacIsaac
Outreach Coordinator, CSIM Lab Member, Concordia University

The platform is under development, but the designs have received praise from internal stakeholders. R&G Strategic regularly offers ways to improve the platform and receives feedback well in turn. Their attentiveness, responsiveness, and leadership abilities make for an effortless collaboration.

I’m the outreach coordinator for a Montreal initiative called #PledgeToLead. We’re a group of climate change researchers at Concordia University, and we’re building a platform to help individuals reduce their carbon footprint.

What challenge were you trying to address with R&G Strategic?

We lacked the resources to create an attractive and user-friendly design for our platform. We engaged R&G Strategic for their design services.

We envisioned a platform with features such as a carbon footprint calculator, questionnaires, and action suggestions. We also wanted to incorporate incentives to encourage users to stay on the website longer.

R&G Strategic laid out the platform’s flow and user experience. They helped us arrange buttons, pages, web content, and navigation. Their team then delivered full designs of three separate web pages and wireframes. They also created the basics of our brand: our logo, brand guidelines, a color palette, and a sample set of five icons with different colorations. They even included the Adobe Illustrator files for specific images.

These designs will go to our internal web developer who will create the platform as a web and mobile application.

We work with Riley (Director of Strategy, R&G Strategic) and Liz (Creative Director, R&G Strategic). Liz is our primary point of contact because she’s in charge of the design. They rely on a larger team behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with R&G Strategic?

We initially reached out to local design firms, but it was hard to find a good fit. We had budget constraints and wanted to work with a vendor that supports our mission. We then searched in Google for branding firms that specialize in sustainability. R&G Strategic was one of the first to pop up. Our first meeting with Riley confirmed that they were a perfect match for our project.

We spent over $12,000.

We started working together in October 2018, and the project is ongoing. R&G Strategic has delivered their design materials and now operates in a support role.

We’re still in early development, but our team has responded positively to R&G Strategic’s designs and branding materials.

How did R&G Strategic perform from a project management standpoint?

We’re very happy with the team’s level of communication and organization. They respond quickly to questions and emails. They have also taken the lead on the project, allowing us to focus on outside priorities. We hold meetings through a conference call application that lets us screen share and show work.

R&G Strategic is invested in the project and its success. Even though their role is largely over, their team still suggest new ideas and ways to improve the platform development. Also, despite being a small client with a limited budget, we still receive close attention from their leadership. Our relationship has developed into a real partnership, which we’re thrilled to see.

Not that I can think of. Any issues that came up were addressed quickly at each stage. We’re highly satisfied with our engagement.

Don’t be afraid to critique their work. We found it valuable to provide detailed feedback at every stage of the process. R&G Strategic responds positively to it as well.

Overall Score We’re still working together.
    I already have recommended them multiple times.

Branding, Logo, & Web Dev for Environmental Charity

“R&G Strategic jumped in with both feet and was fully engaged in our project.”

May 2018 - Ongoing

R&G Strategic conducted expert interviews and led discovery sessions with leaders in the solar field. They spearheaded the design efforts to create a web-based interactive platform for homeowners.

Dartmouth, Canada
Sean Kelly
Director of Energy Programs, Clean Foundation

R&G Strategic offered a balance of genuine interest in the solution and best-in-class design and branding skills. The team kept the project organized and facilitated synergy with both the client and the Nova Scotia Department of Energy. They’re an attentive, diligent, and reliable partner.

I'm the director of energy and clean climates for Clean Foundation. Our nonprofit environmental organization has been around since 1988. Our many programs range from energy efficiency and clean energy to education in schools on environment issues, watershed restoration, and helping youth get jobs in the green sector.

What challenge were you trying to address with R&G Strategic?

We had an opportunity to work with R&G Strategic and the Department of Energy to create a Solar Assist; a one-stop website were homeowners in Nova Scotia can learn about available programs to install solar panels. It helps people figure out if their house is a good candidate and shows potential savings.

R&G Strategic took the lead on the design and coordinated discovery sessions with key solar energy experts. They conducted additional research and interviewed many notable industry leaders in Nova Scotia to define the key elements we needed for our website.

From there, they conceptualized the branding and logo and created wireframes. They met with our team and the Department of Energy continuously. Based on that data, they developed graphs which we worked together to refine. Our interactive site lets users enter information about their home. Specific resources from R&G Strategic created the algorithms and calculations in the background for this input.

Since the very beginning, they've been fantastic to work with. The team kept closely involved through the final design stages. We're very close to launching at this point.

We work with three primary teammates from R&G Strategic. I have no doubt they had other resources in the background helping us. They offered a great value for our investment and were fully engaged in our project.

How did you come to work with R&G Strategic?

One of my colleagues met the team at an event during a conference on global sustainability. They really clicked and had great discussions. After coming back, he told us their PR agency was very attuned to client needs, focused on environmental. They seemed like a great partner.

In addition, we work closely with the Nova Scotia Department of Energy and had already started a collaborative partnership. When I met with them in person, I realized I had worked with Sarah (Director of Strategy, R&G Strategic) when she was with a different agency. I had been very happy with her work. This combination of factors led us to believe that they were the right fit.

The total cost was approximately $70,000.

We had our first meeting for this project in May 2018, and our site is about to launch.

Since our site isn't live yet, we can’t predict the reaction. The users who tested the website gave us excellent feedback. R&G Strategic was very involved in getting people to try it. We will have more metrics once we have more users, like how many people get software contractors to assess their property and give quotes and how many apply to the various rebate programs.

Our organization established such a good dynamic with R&G Strategic that we've already started working together on another possible interactive website solutions. Internally, we've had a positive experience, and we plan to continue our partnership.

As an environmental charity, it was lovely to find a PR agency that's focused on sustainability issues. I've found that rare throughout my long-term career in marketing. They're very keen on the topic and care about the solutions we're implementing. We formed a great working relationship. R&G Strategic jumped in with both feet and was fully engaged in our project.

How did R&G Strategic perform from a project management standpoint?

R&G Strategic clearly laid out the project based on each partners' needs, including the Department of Energy. They keep us notified of anything we need to provide them. We have regular check-ins, and they've shown strong project management skills. Usually, we interact face to face with some online meetings via UberConference. We use Google Docs to share information and collaborate on content writing.

R&G Strategic's strong focus on environmental and sustainability issues makes them unique. At a deeper level, they're interested in more long-term environmental solutions than just recycling programs. They're interested in the circular economy, which is similar interest as ours.

R&G Strategic is an extremely pleasant, fun, patient, and funny team to work with. Few other PR agencies I've seen form as active of a collaboration as they did. We're grateful that they've truly treated us like a partner.

No, not at this time. This was our first project together, so we will have more perspective after the site launch. We've found R&G Strategic very strong and haven't identified any deficiencies.

I suggest having thorough conversations with R&G Strategic. If you put all your needs and hopes on the table, they will be quite receptive. They put the end user experience first and foremost, which is not a concept every nonprofit understands. They work backward from the customer, which is the approach I take as well. It's always the best way.

Overall Score It's been really great working together.
    I've already referred them to other organizations.